PDA

View Full Version : Cruise "Exhaustion"?

OlivesMom
01-15-2011, 04:19 PM
I'm pretty convinced that I need to book a cruise over spring break 2012. Afterwards, I will be driving 6+ hours home to Phoenix by myself. I did this 3 years ago when we went to DL for 6 days. Getting to DL was fine, getting home was a bigger challenge. Our DL vacation was the most exhausting vacation ever. I remember standing in line for the AAA early entry at 7:30 slamming a Dr. Pepper to try to wake-up (then getting sick after 3 rides in a row on Space Mountain).

I'm expecting a cruise to be less chaotic and more relaxing, so that a 6+ hour drive when we head home won't be so hard. If not, I may need to look at flying to LA (yuck). Any advice?

Thanks in advance,
Julie

mmouse37
01-15-2011, 05:04 PM
I'm pretty convinced that I need to book a cruise over spring break 2012. Afterwards, I will be driving 6+ hours home to Phoenix by myself. I did this 3 years ago when we went to DL for 6 days. Getting to DL was fine, getting home was a bigger challenge. Our DL vacation was the most exhausting vacation ever. I remember standing in line for the AAA early entry at 7:30 slamming a Dr. Pepper to try to wake-up (then getting sick after 3 rides in a row on Space Mountain).

I'm expecting a cruise to be less chaotic and more relaxing, so that a 6+ hour drive when we head home won't be so hard. If not, I may need to look at flying to LA (yuck). Any advice?

Thanks in advance,
Julie

I could easily do a 6 hour drive after a DCL cruise.....everyone is off the ship by 9:00 but if you don't stay up too late the night before you should be fine.

MJ

jilljill
01-15-2011, 06:48 PM
We've done a 15 hour drive home after a 7 night cruise. We'd be very happy to only have to drive 6 hours home after a cruise. You should be fine.

DynamicDisneyDuo
01-15-2011, 07:07 PM
DW & I get off the boat about 9am, drive to DTD or one of the parks, Universal, etc.. until 3 or 4PM then drive 6.5 hours home to Atlanta with no worries.

AmandaRG
01-15-2011, 07:30 PM
I'm just jealous that you are living in Phoenix! We hope to move there in the next few years, and LOVE that we could drive to DL or for a west coast Disney Cruise!

I hope you enjoy it!

LuvIt
01-15-2011, 11:31 PM
We'll be cruising in October 2011 and plan on driving back to the "Valley of the Sun" ;) on the Sunday that we'll arrive back at the L.A. port. Don't expect to be as exhausted after getting off a cruise as if we'd spent a day at Disneyland! Just make your last day on board a relaxing one and you can do the drive fine!
On the other hand, we will drive over one day before the cruise leaves and spend the night near the port.