PDA

View Full Version : Just back from the Dream! (Updated with pictures!!!)

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 12:19 PM
Help anyone???

mom2brooke76
01-15-2011, 12:21 PM
What I've had to do is post them to a place like Photobucket, etc, and then there's a link to post them back on here. Hope this helps! :thumbsup2

lmhall2000
01-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Yes, I use photobucket then add the link for 'forums' into my message..it should have [IMG] before and at the end of the link if that helps...but you can still tell us ALL about it!!! It'll be a long while before we can go so living vicariously through you lucky ducks makes it fun!! :)

Tara

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 12:57 PM
My initial thoughts from the cruise...

The Dream is HUGE! I couldn't believe it even in person how BIG this ship truly is!

The staterooms in my opinion seemed a tad smaller. But, the extra space underneath the bed really made it seem bigger because everything could store easily underneath there.

The TV wasn't fully functioning yet, but you did have "On Demand" options, which we thought was nice. You can pick a movie to watch and just watch it whenever you wanted, which was awesome! Then, you could stop the movie and resume it later, even though we couldn't get that to work.

Palo was AMAZING! But, it seems to have stepped up a notch. If it's possible, the food is even better, the decor is more elegant and it looks like what I pictured Remy to be like. Definitely an upgrade from the Magic and Wonder!

The gym was very nice, I got two great workouts in. It is in the front of the spa, not the back, which was great, and it still has ocean views.

The Rainforest Room was great in theory, but I wasn't a huge fan. It was cold and dreary for our at sea day, and you could never get a seat on the tiled heated chairs (which weren't really heated), there was a constant buzzing noise overhead, people were making all kinds of racket outside in the showers, and the hot tubs in the rainforest room only seated 3 each, and people would stay in there for a long time. I did a cruise pass, but next time I would probably just pick one day to go. But then again, with it being so cold for our cruise, it was probably way more packed than it usually would be.

The new show on the Dream, Believe, is AMAZING! Truly one of the best shows I have ever seen at sea. We all absolutely loved it!!

The adult area, the District, is unbelievable. Adults flock there in drives at night, and each and every area was booming. Evolution was really a club, and I felt that was the most crowded every night. They even have go-go dancers that perform in there that are quite risque for Disney! The Skyline Lounge was tiny, Pink wasn't open yet, and for anyone who wants to know what 687 (the sports bar) means, the Dream was the 687th ship made in that stockyard, so they wanted to name something 687 on board!

There are bars EVERYWHERE! There is one in the main lobby and it was very crowded every single night!

Be sure to check out the

Cabanas was a HUGE upgrade from Topsiders/Beach Blanket. Instead of one long buffet line (that I was never really impressed with), they have a ton of different stations you can go to. This eases the flow of the room, which was themed SO well. My only complaint in there was that the eating area was SO tight. All the tables are on top of one another and it made it hard to maneuver. The outdoor seating at Cabanas is also limited and the dessert selection wasn't nearly as impressive.

I also did not see ONE big chocolate chip cookie ANYWHERE on the ship! Those are our favorite, and they weren't at the buffets or in any of the quick service places.

Speaking of quick service places, I felt those were way too close together, and those lines are going to REALLY get backed up. Our cruise was only half capacity and we had to wait quite a long time to get food. They also took away my favorite turkey panini, which I was looking forward to!

The interactive picture frames hanging all over the ship are so cool! Definitely take some time out to visit each one - they are quite entertaining!

Dining rooms were beautiful, but Animator's Palate was by far our favorite! The interactive nature of it (Crush comes up on screen and talks to guests like Turtle Talk with Crush at the Seas at Epcot) was so cute!

I'm still not sure how I feel about the adult pool, but there does seem to be enough places to lay out, even though it's not by the pool. The hot tubs were interesting being side by side, and they are very cool because they have glass bottoms that actually overlook the side of the ship! When you are in the hot tub and look down, you are looking at the runner son deck 4 and the ocean right below you! Very cool!

And finally, the Aqua Duck was the best water slide I have ever been on! I was so amazed at how hi-tech that ride was. The wait is going to be incredibly long though, because they have to wait at least a minute in between each tube that they send. Also, if you want to ride by yourself, you will have to wait longer. They were sending about 3-4 double person riders down for every 1 single rider. SUCH a fun ride, but be warned, if you sit in the back, you will get soaked (you get wet in the front too, just not as much)! And the water for that ride is freezing... and it's very windy up there, so we were all so cold waiting in line!

Any other questions???

lmhall2000
01-15-2011, 01:11 PM
I officially am keeping my family on a beans and rice budget for a year so we can afford our 20th anniversary cruise in 2012!!! You make it sound so great! Except I may just have to avoid the risque go-go dancers! :) Not my type of family fun...

Interestingly enough, you really got me at the chocolate chip cookies! Maybe it's b/c I'm limiting my diet so much before our next cruise (in March) and walking 4 miles a day I just want a REWARD and yes, it has to be food. But chocolate chip cookies are my faves!! We went on the Magic and I never saw any! How did I miss them? Where do you find them??? Thanks!! I will be on that Aqua Duck more than my fair share of ports!! Let all those people do those silly little excursions, give me a thrill ride any day! :)

So glad you got to experience it and thank you for sharing!! :)
Tara

maria-fan-22
01-15-2011, 01:12 PM
My initial thoughts from the cruise...

The Dream is HUGE! I couldn't believe it even in person how BIG this ship truly is!

The staterooms in my opinion seemed a tad smaller. But, the extra space underneath the bed really made it seem bigger because everything could store easily underneath there.

The TV wasn't fully functioning yet, but you did have "On Demand" options, which we thought was nice. You can pick a movie to watch and just watch it whenever you wanted, which was awesome! Then, you could stop the movie and resume it later, even though we couldn't get that to work.

Palo was AMAZING! But, it seems to have stepped up a notch. If it's possible, the food is even better, the decor is more elegant and it looks like what I pictured Remy to be like. Definitely an upgrade from the Magic and Wonder!

The gym was very nice, I got two great workouts in. It is in the front of the spa, not the back, which was great, and it still has ocean views.

The Rainforest Room was great in theory, but I wasn't a huge fan. It was cold and dreary for our at sea day, and you could never get a seat on the tiled heated chairs (which weren't really heated), there was a constant buzzing noise overhead, people were making all kinds of racket outside in the showers, and the hot tubs in the rainforest room only seated 3 each, and people would stay in there for a long time. I did a cruise pass, but next time I would probably just pick one day to go. But then again, with it being so cold for our cruise, it was probably way more packed than it usually would be.

The new show on the Dream, Believe, is AMAZING! Truly one of the best shows I have ever seen at sea. We all absolutely loved it!!

The adult area, the District, is unbelievable. Adults flock there in drives at night, and each and every area was booming. Evolution was really a club, and I felt that was the most crowded every night. They even have go-go dancers that perform in there that are quite risque for Disney! The Skyline Lounge was tiny, Pink wasn't open yet, and for anyone who wants to know what 687 (the sports bar) means, the Dream was the 687th ship made in that stockyard, so they wanted to name something 687 on board!

There are bars EVERYWHERE! There is one in the main lobby and it was very crowded every single night!

Be sure to check out the

Cabanas was a HUGE upgrade from Topsiders/Beach Blanket. Instead of one long buffet line (that I was never really impressed with), they have a ton of different stations you can go to. This eases the flow of the room, which was themed SO well. My only complaint in there was that the eating area was SO tight. All the tables are on top of one another and it made it hard to maneuver. The outdoor seating at Cabanas is also limited and the dessert selection wasn't nearly as impressive.

I also did not see ONE big chocolate chip cookie ANYWHERE on the ship! Those are our favorite, and they weren't at the buffets or in any of the quick service places.

Speaking of quick service places, I felt those were way too close together, and those lines are going to REALLY get backed up. Our cruise was only half capacity and we had to wait quite a long time to get food. They also took away my favorite turkey panini, which I was looking forward to!

The interactive picture frames hanging all over the ship are so cool! Definitely take some time out to visit each one - they are quite entertaining!

Dining rooms were beautiful, but Animator's Palate was by far our favorite! The interactive nature of it (Crush comes up on screen and talks to guests like Turtle Talk with Crush at the Seas at Epcot) was so cute!

I'm still not sure how I feel about the adult pool, but there does seem to be enough places to lay out, even though it's not by the pool. The hot tubs were interesting being side by side, and they are very cool because they have glass bottoms that actually overlook the side of the ship! When you are in the hot tub and look down, you are looking at the runner son deck 4 and the ocean right below you! Very cool!

And finally, the Aqua Duck was the best water slide I have ever been on! I was so amazed at how hi-tech that ride was. The wait is going to be incredibly long though, because they have to wait at least a minute in between each tube that they send. Also, if you want to ride by yourself, you will have to wait longer. They were sending about 3-4 double person riders down for every 1 single rider. SUCH a fun ride, but be warned, if you sit in the back, you will get soaked (you get wet in the front too, just not as much)! And the water for that ride is freezing... and it's very windy up there, so we were all so cold waiting in line!

Any other questions???

Can we perhaps have a link to your photos? pirate:

dawgs4disney
01-15-2011, 01:15 PM
Hey! I was wondering what you thought about the family and mickey pool size? I keep hearing they are not going to be big enough. Also, did you all try Remy? We are going to stay in an inside cabin? Did you get a chance to see one of the interior rooms with the vitual porthole? Thanks for your report!

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 01:16 PM
I am working on those uploading the photos as we speak!! :)

And I know you can still get the big chocolate chip cookies at Cookies BBQ on Castaway Cay and at room service, but they were MIA everywhere else the rest of the cruise... so sad! :(

DMMarla07860
01-15-2011, 01:19 PM
I can't wait to go to The District area and Evolution at night, from what you have posted, makes it seem awesome, how late were they open?

Bippy
01-15-2011, 01:23 PM
Did you take any picture of the navigators or have them available to scan? I am really interested in seeing one as this is our first cruise. Thanks for all the great info.

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 01:23 PM
I can't wait to go to The District area and Evolution at night, from what you have posted, makes it seem awesome, how late were they open?

They were open until 2am every night, and each and every place was PACKED the entire time! Pink wasn't open, but tons of people in the lounge where there was live music, the sports bar was always full, Skyline was always full, and Evolution was jamming the whole time as well. Evolution is by far the biggest place in the District, and it was the loudest. It really is a club, nothing at all like Rockin Bar D... this is like a club you would go into in Vegas or something!

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 01:26 PM
http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/

stephent92
01-15-2011, 01:28 PM
I would imagine that once the preview cruises and the first few 'normal' cruises are over the clubs will quieten. The reason being that the majority of cruisers will have children, and want to be in bed at a 'reasonable' time. This is what happens on the Wonder, and (but not to the same extent) the Magic.

It is such a shame as DCL have put so much thought into the adult areas.

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 01:33 PM
The Dream, she's a beauty!

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4687.jpg

Main lobby
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4804.jpg

Our stateroom
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/DSCI0121.jpg

Admiral Donald!
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4634.jpg

DMMarla07860
01-15-2011, 01:36 PM
They were open until 2am every night, and each and every place was PACKED the entire time! Pink wasn't open, but tons of people in the lounge where there was live music, the sports bar was always full, Skyline was always full, and Evolution was jamming the whole time as well. Evolution is by far the biggest place in the District, and it was the loudest. It really is a club, nothing at all like Rockin Bar D... this is like a club you would go into in Vegas or something!

nice, sounds really cool and just saw your pictures loved them, now if I can only not go crazy wanting to go for 33 more days lol. And like a night club in Vegas, nice then hopefully I'll be meeting a lot of people:lmao:

ibouncetoo
01-15-2011, 01:38 PM

Pardon me? :confused3

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 01:39 PM
Top deck... the kid's pool and family pool are all in the same area this time
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4622.jpg

Nemo's Reef, a kid's play area just outside the kid's pool... so cool!
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4624.jpg

Bon Voyage, a bar in the lobby
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4635.jpg

Entrance to the Royal Palace
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4637.jpg

disney_princess_85
01-15-2011, 01:44 PM
Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup2

DMMarla07860
01-15-2011, 01:44 PM
I would imagine that once the preview cruises and the first few 'normal' cruises are over the clubs will quieten. The reason being that the majority of cruisers will have children, and want to be in bed at a 'reasonable' time. This is what happens on the Wonder, and (but not to the same extent) the Magic.

Ture, that's why I was thinking, but then again you never know, some cruises might have more people wanting to go to bed while may others will have people who want to stay up

mom2brooke76
01-15-2011, 01:45 PM
I, for one, hope that they keep the clubs open until 2am. I normally cruise with my daughter and her godfather, but he and I do cruise alone at times (and when we cruise with my daughter, a lot of times he would like to stay out later by himself anyway), and it would be nice to have a club that stayed open past midnight (even if only one). I'm sure that plenty of people would agree.

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 01:47 PM
Hey! I was wondering what you thought about the family and mickey pool size? I keep hearing they are not going to be big enough. Also, did you all try Remy? We are going to stay in an inside cabin? Did you get a chance to see one of the interior rooms with the vitual porthole? Thanks for your report!

Personally, I thought those pools were quite tight. They are the same size, if not smaller, than the other ships, so I'm not quite sure what the logic was there. Also, with all the seating there together for the two pools, I'm honestly not sure how that's going to work on a busy sea day. Seems Disney is counting on people doing things other than the pools, because they certainly aren't twice the size like the ship is.

We did not try Remy, but we went to the D Lounge as soon as we boarded and got Palo reservations! That never fails me! There weren't many Palo ressies available though, so get the port early so you can get a low boarding number! We talked to several people who went to Remy though, and they loved it! It is like a 3-hour meal. Also, there is a very cool new lounge open right in between Remy and Palo... it is open to everyone on the ship but the dress code for both places is intact. Very cool place to hang out before Palo or Remy, as those restaurants are side by side.

We got a verandah room, so I did not see the inside staterooms. Sorry!

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 01:50 PM
Cabanas, the new buffet on Deck 11... so awesome!
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4731.jpg

Inside Cabanas
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/DSCI0087.jpg

Nemo mosaic... there are mosaics EVERYWHERE on this ship!
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/DSCI0088.jpg

Seagulls above the beverage stations!
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/DSCI0096.jpg

RebeccaLovesDisney
01-15-2011, 01:52 PM
I really enjoyed your photos! Thank you for posting!:thumbsup2

scamper45
01-15-2011, 01:56 PM
It looks like disney has put alot of thought into all the areas. The kids areas look off the hook. I will find on on 2/3!!!! they better have cookies! LOL.

stephent92
01-15-2011, 01:57 PM
Pardon me? :confused3

Sorry - I meant that it is a shame that they are not better used on the Wonder and Magic. For example, the Cadillac Lounge can be near (if not completely) empty on some cruises.

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 01:57 PM
One of the quick service places... these are now all together by the adult pool, not spread out like they used to be
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/DSCI0074.jpg

Luigi's pizza menu
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/DSCI0077.jpg

Tow Mater Grill menu
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/DSCI0076.jpg

Fillmore's Favorites menu
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/DSCI0075.jpg

Cove Cafe
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/DSCI0073.jpg

TheMick424
01-15-2011, 02:01 PM
Thanks for your review and pictures! Everything looks amazing. What did you think of the food? Which was your favorite restaurant for that?

Friscorays
01-15-2011, 02:01 PM
Thank you. Really enjoying reading your impressions and seeing your pictures.

......The new show on the Dream, Believe, is AMAZING! Truly one of the best shows I have ever seen at sea. We all absolutely loved it!!

I've read it has some really impressive and innovative special effects so I'm glad to hear it came out well.

.... and for anyone who wants to know what 687 (the sports bar) means, the Dream was the 687th ship made in that stockyard, so they wanted to name something 687 on board!...

I had been wondering just that. I could not figure out the sports connection so this is a good bit of trivia.

..... The hot tubs were interesting being side by side, and they are very cool because they have glass bottoms that actually overlook the side of the ship! When you are in the hot tub and look down, you are looking at the runner son deck 4 and the ocean right below you! Very cool!....

Makes me wonder what the people on deck 4 see when they look up!

......And finally, the Aqua Duck was the best water slide I have ever been on! ....

Awesome!

diane648
01-15-2011, 02:02 PM
Your pictures are GREAT - thanks for sharing!

Tink2300
Shutters
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4802.jpg

Shutters is very different now... you swipe your card and it tells you what "book" your photos are in. Simply go there, open it up and all your photos for your room are together! So cool!
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4803.jpg

New merchandise areas...
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4761.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4760.jpg

A look inside of one of the shops... WORD OF WARNING: If you want to buy inaugural merchandise, do so on the FIRST NIGHT OF YOUR CRUISE! They sell out of all of that the first night! So early!!!
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4781.jpg

mom2brooke76
I'm sure that somewhere on the boards this has been answered, but how far away from the fast food areas is the drink machine?

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 02:06 PM
Adult pool
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4641.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4640.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4639.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4744.jpg

Currents, a bar on the deck right above the adult pool, where all the adult seating is
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4745.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4746.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4749.jpg

Check out this little guy riding the Aqua Duck! I wish I had a waterproof camera so I could've taken it on there!
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4750.jpg

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 02:08 PM
I'm sure that somewhere on the boards this has been answered, but how far away from the fast food areas is the drink machine?

The quick service area is right outside the adults area, while the drink stations are by the kid's area (right there outside the door to Cabanas and by the kid's pool). We were wondering why they were so far away from each other, but we think it is so each area wouldn't get too congested. There were two drink stations, so maybe that will help. It would be like walking on the Magic and Wonder from the adult area to the kid's area.

PixieTl
01-15-2011, 02:08 PM
thanks for posting the pics!! Did you get to check out any of the kids clubs?
and I love the way the aqua duck looks at night with the lights!!
very cool!!:3dglasses

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 02:12 PM
Pirate Night, very different from Pirate Night on the other ships
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4735.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4734.jpg

Aqua Duck going over the side of the ship!
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4733.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4743.jpg

What an AWESOME fireworks show! It is to pirate music now, not that "I need a hero" song
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4738.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4732.jpg

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Entrance to Palo and Remy... sorry it's so blurry
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4721.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4720.jpg

Palo has been given a very fancy facelift!
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4718.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4703.jpg

Chandelier at the entrance to Palo
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4714.jpg

Only two desserts at Palo are the same, the Panna Cotta and the chocolate souffle. This is an orange soda float!
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4711.jpg

DMMarla07860
01-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Check out this little guy riding the Aqua Duck! I wish I had a waterproof camera so I could've taken it on there!
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4750.jpg

is that David in this picture on the top deck, sure looks like him

cannp123165
01-15-2011, 02:16 PM
It sounds amazing! :) Thanks for sharing the photos!

mom2brooke76
01-15-2011, 02:16 PM
The quick service area is right outside the adults area, while the drink stations are by the kid's area (right there outside the door to Cabanas and by the kid's pool). We were wondering why they were so far away from each other, but we think it is so each area wouldn't get too congested. There were two drink stations, so maybe that will help. It would be like walking on the Magic and Wonder from the adult area to the kid's area.

Thanks! I was hoping that they might be a little closer this time, but understand about the congestion aspect. One other question which I haven't seen an answer to yet. As far as lunch goes, it there both a buffet and table service available? It sounds like on the DCL website that the table service restaurants would only offer buffets for lunch which kind of stinks :(

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 02:20 PM
The District, the adults area on the ship!
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4682.jpg

When you first walk in, these lights flash, like paparazzi are taking your photo
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4667.jpg

The wall when you first walk in
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4668.jpg

The lounge where there is live music... a piano and/or a guitar player were there pretty much at all times
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4673.jpg

Pink, which was closed
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4669.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4670.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4671.jpg

687 the sports bar... wish I would've gotten more pics of that place
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4672.jpg

Another look at the lounge... this is wide open as you walk in
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4673.jpg

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 02:22 PM
Thanks! I was hoping that they might be a little closer this time, but understand about the congestion aspect. One other question which I haven't seen an answer to yet. As far as lunch goes, it there both a buffet and table service available? It sounds like on the DCL website that the table service restaurants would only offer buffets for lunch which kind of stinks :(

From what we saw, you are correct. I believe the sit down restaurants were also buffets, although I believe the Royal Palace was a la carte for breakfast though. Cabanas is always a buffet up top and then with the fast food options there were always tons of places to eat.

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 02:26 PM
Evolution, the night club on board
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4674.jpg

Walking into Evolution
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4676.jpg

Skyline Lounge, which was accessible off of Evolution
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4677.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4678.jpg

The District Lounge.. I did not see a soul in there the whole time. The comedians now are in the Lake Buena Vista Theatre, not in the adults area like they used to be (Lake Buena Vista Theatre is near the Walt Disney Theatre from what I'm told... I never went in there!)
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4664.jpg

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 02:29 PM
is that David in this picture on the top deck, sure looks like him

You are correct! Makes me so sad though... there is nothing to really host in the adult areas any more.. all the lounges and bars run themselves, you know? So he really wasn't around those areas much that I saw except the first night when he was greeting people. I'm not sure what all he does now... I did see him hosting the crab races on Castaway though. We talked to him for awhile... he is one of my favorite cast members ever!

mom2brooke76
01-15-2011, 02:30 PM
From what we saw, you are correct. I believe the sit down restaurants were also buffets, although I believe the Royal Palace was a la carte for breakfast though. Cabanas is always a buffet up top and then with the fast food options there were always tons of places to eat.

Thanks for answering! Oh well, that kind of stinks. We liked having the option of having a full service meal at lunch :sad2:

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 02:33 PM
Enchanted Garden
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4650.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4651.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4656.jpg

Animator's Palate
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4785.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4784.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4783.jpg

Crush came around to each section of the room and interacted with everyone, very much like Turtle Talk with Crush at the Seas at Epcot!
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4789.jpg

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 02:34 PM
Thanks for answering! Oh well, that kind of stinks. We liked having the option of having a full service meal at lunch :sad2:

I could definitely be wrong though!! :cool1:

DMMarla07860
01-15-2011, 02:36 PM
You are correct! Makes me so sad though... there is nothing to really host in the adult areas any more.. all the lounges and bars run themselves, you know? So he really wasn't around those areas much that I saw except the first night when he was greeting people. I'm not sure what all he does now... I did see him hosting the crab races on Castaway though. We talked to him for awhile... he is one of my favorite cast members ever!

yeah I hear you about lounges and bars running themselves, good to hear they still have crab races lol I always find those funny:lmao:. Glad you got to talk to him though, hope I get to talk with him along with others I know a little

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 02:37 PM
Walt Disney Theatre
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4759.jpg

The new show, Believe... the theme of this show is a daughter trying to get her father to believe in magic... the genie comes along to help him out!
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4765.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4768.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4769.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4771.jpg

There were character meet-and-greets galore!
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4777.jpg

FJS961
01-15-2011, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the review and pics! Very excited to see and read that the adult areas were hopping and expanded. Wife and I are going in March for a 3 night getaway WITHOUT the kids ... I can't wait. Roy Disney suite, Palo and Remy reservations, Serenity Bay on CC and I was hoping the adult areas were improved :woohoo:

2011 shaping up to be a good year. One month after that the whole crew (3 kids) goes on 7 night western that we had already planned over a year ago :thumbsup2

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 02:42 PM
Castaway looks very different without the pirate ship there!
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4700.jpg

Entrance to Rainforest Room
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4645.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4644.jpg

There are two hot tubs in the Rainforest Room overlooking the ocean, but they are small.. three person in each, max
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4643.jpg

The tiled chairs... that in my opinion weren't very heated!
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4642.jpg

One more look at the chandelier!
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4619.jpg

CADisneyMom
01-15-2011, 02:43 PM
Those are awesome pictures, thanks so much for sharing. We can't wait until our cruise in April.

Does anyone know how many restaurants there are? My daughter is trying to figure out if she can go to Palo's the first night and not miss any dining.

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the review and pics! Very excited to see and read that the adult areas were hopping and expanded. Wife and I are going in March for a 3 night getaway WITHOUT the kids ... I can't wait. Roy Disney suite, Palo and Remy reservations, Serenity Bay on CC and I was hoping the adult areas were improved :woohoo:

2011 shaping up to be a good year. One month after that the whole crew (3 kids) goes on 7 night western that we had already planned over a year ago :thumbsup2

Wow, sounds like quite the trip!!! The adult areas were VERY impressive... so many places to go and there really is something for everyone. Live music, sports, club, lounges, etc... they hit the mark there for sure. If Palo was as fancy as it was (by the way, it's $20 now each, which I'm sure everyone knows), I can only imagine what Remy is like! Be sure to check out that lounge up there before Remy for a pre-dinner cocktail!

I'm jealous of these trips!!

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 02:47 PM
Those are awesome pictures, thanks so much for sharing. We can't wait until our cruise in April.

Does anyone know how many restaurants there are? My daughter is trying to figure out if she can go to Palo's the first night and not miss any dining.

There are three rotational dining restaurants just like on the Magic and Wonder - the Enchanted Garden, Animator's Palate and the Royal Palace. We went to Palo the second night and missed the Royal Palace.

FJS961
01-15-2011, 02:58 PM
Wow, sounds like quite the trip!!! The adult areas were VERY impressive... so many places to go and there really is something for everyone. Live music, sports, club, lounges, etc... they hit the mark there for sure. If Palo was as fancy as it was (by the way, it's $20 now each, which I'm sure everyone knows), I can only imagine what Remy is like! Be sure to check out that lounge up there before Remy for a pre-dinner cocktail!

I'm jealous of these trips!!

The March trip on the dream was a definite impulse. My wife had breast cancer surgery last month. Good news is prognosis is excellent and she is feeling great. It really put things into perspective for us. We had not gone away alone in over a decade. We cruised as a family of 5 on the Wonder twice so far and had made plans for the 7 day Caribbean for change of itinerary. I became enamored with the Dream recently with all the buzz about her launch. I had time off in early March and looked into it. There were only 2 concierge rooms available, the smallest, and the Roy (? someone cancelled) ... I wanted concierge for the level of service plus knowing that at 60 days out I wouldn't likely get res for Palo or Remy ... wife and I are "foodies" and being a romantic couple getaway, it was "required" for us to get in there :) I'm absolutely giddy about this trip :cloud9: I'm calling it a second honeymoon

branv
01-15-2011, 03:05 PM
Thanks so much for the review! And great photos too.

I don't suppose you can expand a little on what you thought of Palo -- remember anything else from the menu, etc?

Thanks!

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 03:06 PM
Did you take any picture of the navigators or have them available to scan? I am really interested in seeing one as this is our first cruise. Thanks for all the great info.

I really wish I would've thought to bring home Navigators, but I didn't! Dang it!

CADisneyMom
01-15-2011, 03:08 PM
There are three rotational dining restaurants just like on the Magic and Wonder - the Enchanted Garden, Animator's Palate and the Royal Palace. We went to Palo the second night and missed the Royal Palace.

So do you have the same restaurant on the 1st and last night on a 4-night cruise? I just booked Palo's for my daughter the first night in hopes that we did have 2 nights at 1 restaurant and also hoping that it is the same one on the 1st and last night. Thanks for your help.

beanersmom305
01-15-2011, 03:09 PM
Thanks soo much for all the great photos and info -We can't wait for March 6!! :cool1:

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 03:10 PM
Thanks so much for the review! And great photos too.

I don't suppose you can expand a little on what you thought of Palo -- remember anything else from the menu, etc?

Thanks!

All of your favorites are still there... the calamari, the pizzas, the beef tenderloin, etc... but there is a TON of new dishes. For my appetizer I had a white Tuscan bean soup (I think that is the only soup they offered) and we really liked the potato gnocchi and Chianti braised beef ravioli for dinner as well (we tried them both). The other members of my party had salads which they loved, two chicken dishes which they thought were just OK and the shrimp penne pasta was great as always from what I hear. There was also a lemon mousse on the dessert menu. I wish I would've taken more photos of the menu! One change is that the antipasta dishes that they usually bring around on a plate to you at the beginning of the meal, they now bring around in a cart and they prepare your plate for you right at your table... it just adds a little extra elegance to the meal.

DMMarla07860
01-15-2011, 03:11 PM
I heard from someone that there is a new DJ with DCL for Evolution is that true? I usually got to know the bartenders and others in the night club so hoping to do the same

maminnie
tink2300:

Thank you so much for your pictures and comments re the Dream.

It really is a beautiful and elegant ship. Having been on the Magic and Wonder, I love how they kept the Dream similar in look but bigger and with some new options. I have to say I am initially disappointed though in the family pool area. In pictures and reports thus far, it just seems too small to me to handle more people on sea days. Hoping that this is not the case as people begin to experience it for the first time. Maybe people will be more spread out and it won't be an issue.

Wish we were going on the Dream....maybe someday. To all travelling on the Dream, enjoy!!

Tink2300
So do you have the same restaurant on the 1st and last night on a 4-night cruise? I just booked Palo's for my daughter the first night in hopes that we did have 2 nights at 1 restaurant and also hoping that it is the same one on the 1st and last night. Thanks for your help.

Yes, you are correct! That aspect is just like the old ships! And you still have breakfast the morning you disembark at the restaurant you ate at the night before, just like the others as well.

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 03:13 PM
tink2300:

Thank you so much for your pictures and comments re the Dream.

It really is a beautiful ship. Wish we were going on it....maybe someday.

To all travelling on the Dream, enjoy!!

Thank you!! If you have any other questions, just let me know! I was very lucky to be able to go on this preview cruise and I loved every single second of it!

MrsJobba1
01-15-2011, 03:13 PM
Thank you so much taking the time:thumbsup2 I'm really excited about our August trip!

A quick ? What kind of food did they serve at cabanas ? Did each station serve different or did they repeat?

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 03:17 PM
Thanks for your review and pictures! Everything looks amazing. What did you think of the food? Which was your favorite restaurant for that?

Palo was obviously amazing, but I like the choices at Animator's better than at the Enchanted Garden. I am a bit of a meat and potatoes girl and I don't venture too far outside the box. The Enchanted Garden really didn't have too much for me to choose from. The beef tenderloin with the barbeque reduction, potato soup (and I forgot what else I had at Animator's) were ALL excellent!

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 03:22 PM
Thank you so much taking the time:thumbsup2 I'm really excited about our August trip!

A quick ? What kind of food did they serve at cabanas ? Did each station serve different or did they repeat?

Cabanas was absolutely amazing! I think the first day I had (don't judge me here, I usually eat very healthy but went out on a limb with this cruise - haha!) a piece of Hawaiian pizza, some pasta with marinara, a chicken tender, some garlic grilled chicken, mashed potatoes... I mean they really had everything. Everything from fries to pasta to burgers to pizza to salads to fruit to a carving station... it seemed like there was a station for it all!

And breakfast there was great as well. They had an egg station (it was called Surfin' US Eggs - ha), a cereal/oatmeal/museli station, a muffin/bread station, a yogurt and fresh fruit station, a hot station with pancakes and waffles (no Mickey waffles though) and bacon and hashbrown and Mexican pizzas and an omelet station, etc... once again, if you can think of it, they had it. Very impressive.

dahuffy
01-15-2011, 03:33 PM
Palo was obviously amazing, but I like the choices at Animator's better than at the Enchanted Garden. I am a bit of a meat and potatoes girl and I don't venture too far outside the box. The Enchanted Garden really didn't have too much for me to choose from. The beef tenderloin with the barbeque reduction, potato soup (and I forgot what else I had at Animator's) were ALL excellent!

You sound like me!

rivercountry4all
01-15-2011, 03:33 PM
[QUOTE=Tink2300;39549920]My initial thoughts from the cruise...

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Do you know if they have chocolate chip cookes on the ship at all? On the Wonder, we would order warm cookies and milk at night before bedtime - I was looking forward to that on the Dream as well![/FONT:cloud9:

And finally, the Aqua Duck was the best water slide I have ever been on! I was so amazed at how hi-tech that ride was.

Question for you - how do the rafts get back up to the top of the slide? Do riders have to carry them up the stairs? Just curious..:banana:

THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL OF YOUR GREAT INFO! We are looking forward to cruising 2/17!:yay:

tink,too
01-15-2011, 03:35 PM
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and photos of the Dream - she looks great! :thumbsup2

Makes me wonder what the people on deck 4 see when they look up!

I was thinking the same thing! :laughing:

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 03:37 PM
[QUOTE=Tink2300;39549920]My initial thoughts from the cruise...

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Do you know if they have chocolate chip cookes on the ship at all? On the Wonder, we would order warm cookies and milk at night before bedtime - I was looking forward to that on the Dream as well![/FONT:cloud9:

And finally, the Aqua Duck was the best water slide I have ever been on! I was so amazed at how hi-tech that ride was.

Question for you - how do the rafts get back up to the top of the slide? Do riders have to carry them up the stairs? Just curious..:banana:

THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL OF YOUR GREAT INFO! We are looking forward to cruising 2/17!:yay:

Although I didn't see any cookies, I may have just missed them. You can always get them from room service if you can't find them anywhere else. I just always remember them at the ice cream station and on the buffets, etc, but they weren't on this cruise! I missed my big cookies!

The rafts are propelled up to the top via this big hi-tech machine. It is very cool how it all works! The person at the bottom just puts the rafts into this machine and it lifts it to the top, where the person takes it out and puts it down in the conveyor belt for the next riders. It really truly is state-of-the-art!

JohnO
01-15-2011, 03:44 PM
Hey thanks for sharing the info and pics!

John

december
01-15-2011, 03:47 PM

Our first cruise will be on the Dream in July of 2012, so I don't know anything but what I read on here! Is there a charge for the "fastfood" places, or are they included for free. I know I've read that the drink stations are included, but there are places that charge scattered around, and you have to pay for room service. What other charges should we be aware of (know about tipping, pictures, etc.)

tchrrx
01-15-2011, 03:48 PM
Are there Mickey waffles anywhere on the ship? That's the one thing DH is actually looking forward to!

Cliffside
01-15-2011, 04:08 PM

I am a little confused.....the cruise staff does not host adult activities any more? We love going to Rockin Bar D for the adult entertainment and interacting with the cruise staff. What about shows like Match your Mate that is always one of the funniest shows on the ship. I also have fond memories of singing with my sister -in-law in a towel to We got the Beat for 80's night.

wdw_girl_18
01-15-2011, 04:14 PM
Are there Mickey waffles anywhere on the ship? That's the one thing DH is actually looking forward to!

Me too! I was hoping they would have them for breakfast with room service!

OP- your pictures are amazing!! It's getting me excited about our cruise in march :)

KingRichard
01-15-2011, 04:18 PM
Thank you so much.

DMMarla07860
01-15-2011, 04:29 PM
I am a little confused.....the cruise staff does not host adult activities any more? We love going to Rockin Bar D for the adult entertainment and interacting with the cruise staff. What about shows like Match your Mate that is always one of the funniest shows on the ship. I also have fond memories of singing with my sister -in-law in a towel to We got the Beat for 80's night.

I'm thinking maybe since it was a preview cruise they didn't do all the normal stuff, I could be totally wrong though. I messaged a friend of mine that is part of the cruise staff and asked about it, hopefully I'll hear back.

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 04:43 PM
Our first cruise will be on the Dream in July of 2012, so I don't know anything but what I read on here! Is there a charge for the "fastfood" places, or are they included for free. I know I've read that the drink stations are included, but there are places that charge scattered around, and you have to pay for room service. What other charges should we be aware of (know about tipping, pictures, etc.)

All of the quick service stations on board are included as well... the only things you should have to pay for are: Palo and Remy, there is a smoothie station right next to the quick service stations that does charge for special-made smoothies now (this is new), any coffees you get in the coffee bars (the Cove Cafe right next to the adult pool and the coffee bar that overlooks the main lobby on deck 5 across from Shutters), any alcoholic drinks you get on board (you can bring your own on board though. My group brought wine on board), any spa services, any internet usage, merchandise in he gift shops, shore excursions... and I think that might be it! Room service is actually included as well, but there might be a couple items you have to pay for (if you order sodas they do charge you to bring it to your room, so I suggest going to get it yourself for free on the deck!). Pictures are extra too, but you can always give your camera to the photo person and they will take the very same photo for you on your camera. Tipping is automatically included on bar tabs, tips in Palo are optional (although I always leave 5-10 additional at least) and DCL will tell you what the suggested tipping rates are for your head server, assistant server, main server and stateroom host/hostess. Just be sure to account for those tips before you leave, because they can add up. Parking at the port is also $!5 per day, and we always give the luggage guys at a the port a few dollars as well for handling our bags.

That might sound like a lot, but when it comes down to it, if you don't buy pictures, bring your own alcohol or don't drink at all, stay out of the spa and don't eat at Palo or Remy (the regular dining rooms are fantastic, don't worry), then you don't have to worry about a big bill at all. I actually did a cruise once where I went to Palo (back when it was $10) and I had one drink and that's all I bought and my grand total for the cruise was $30. We split the parking 4 ways among friends and that was about $10 each. Not too shabby. Of course, my bills seem to be going up and up and up the more I cruise (this was #9)!

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 04:44 PM
Me too! I was hoping they would have them for breakfast with room service!

OP- your pictures are amazing!! It's getting me excited about our cruise in march :)

Thanks! :)

We didn't see Mickey waffles at any breakfast, but that doesn't mean they don't have them... maybe they just didn't make them since this was a preview cruise, but they weren't on any breakfast buffet that I was at, sadly enough!

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 04:51 PM

Well, they just do things so differently now... like the adult comedian show was in the Lake Buena Vista theatre this time, not in the D-Lounge (which would be the equivalent to Rockin Bar D)... and there were no "shows" or anything at all in any of the adult areas that I ever saw. I did see Match your Mate on the navigator, but there was only one show and it was at 7:45, not at 10:30 like usual. The only night show they had the 3 nights we were there was the comedian, and like I said, that was in a different part of the ship even though it was an adults-only show. I'm sure the cruise staff hosted that. I was confused at what the cruise staff really do on this ship, I saw Ponce, who was very involved in the Med cruise I was on this summer, only twice - once walking around the top deck and once greeting people for the Believe show. I only saw David once greeting people outside Evolution and then again hosting the crab races on Castaway. But then again, I agree and think that maybe things will change once the regular cruises get underway. It was just different because The District is such a popular place to go now that I'm not sure how much they will need night adult shows any more - and if they did, how many people would skip The District to go there. I am very interested to see how it eventually works itself out. Anyhow, if there was one thing we were disappointed in, it's that we didn't really get to know any Cast Members outside of our stateroom host and servers. Usually we know the whole cruise staff by the ends of our cruises and we just didn't see them this time.

december
01-15-2011, 04:56 PM
All of the quick service stations on board are included as well... the only things you should have to pay for are: Palo and Remy, there is a smoothie station right next to the quick service stations that does charge for special-made smoothies now (this is new), any coffees you get in the coffee bars (the Cove Cafe right next to the adult pool and the coffee bar that overlooks the main lobby on deck 5 across from Shutters), any alcoholic drinks you get on board (you can bring your own on board though. My group brought wine on board), any spa services, any internet usage, merchandise in he gift shops, shore excursions... and I think that might be it! Room service is actually included as well, but there might be a couple items you have to pay for (if you order sodas they do charge you to bring it to your room, so I suggest going to get it yourself for free on the deck!). Pictures are extra too, but you can always give your camera to the photo person and they will take the very same photo for you on your camera. Tipping is automatically included on bar tabs, tips in Palo are optional (although I always leave 5-10 additional at least) and DCL will tell you what the suggested tipping rates are for your head server, assistant server, main server and stateroom host/hostess. Just be sure to account for those tips before you leave, because they can add up. Parking at the port is also $!5 per day, and we always give the luggage guys at a the port a few dollars as well for handling our bags.

That might sound like a lot, but when it comes down to it, if you don't buy pictures, bring your own alcohol or don't drink at all, stay out of the spa and don't eat at Palo or Remy (the regular dining rooms are fantastic, don't worry), then you don't have to worry about a big bill at all. I actually did a cruise once where I went to Palo (back when it was $10) and I had one drink and that's all I bought and my grand total for the cruise was $30. We split the parking 4 ways among friends and that was about $10 each. Not too shabby. Of course, my bills seem to be going up and up and up the more I cruise (this was #9)!

Thank you! That helps so much. I had no idea room service was included-had just read you had to pay if they brought drinks. We'll just go and get those. I'm planning to spend the night before at one of the hotels near by that has the cruise package/parking, and won't do any of the extra charge restaurants-it will be just me and my 3 kids. These threads are getting me so excited.:yay: Only 540 more days until my cruise:rotfl:

Can you get milk at the drink station? And since you can bring alcohol on board, I'm assuming we could bring some canned drinks as well?

RylanzDad
01-15-2011, 05:07 PM
Amazing pics, thanks. So excited for September, our oldest will be turning 5 years old, was just showing him the pics of the Aqua Duck his face....:eek:

DMMarla07860
01-15-2011, 05:19 PM
Well, they just do things so differently now... like the adult comedian show was in the Lake Buena Vista theatre this time, not in the D-Lounge (which would be the equivalent to Rockin Bar D)... and there were no "shows" or anything at all in any of the adult areas that I ever saw. I did see Match your Mate on the navigator, but there was only one show and it was at 7:45, not at 10:30 like usual. The only night show they had the 3 nights we were there was the comedian, and like I said, that was in a different part of the ship even though it was an adults-only show. I'm sure the cruise staff hosted that. I was confused at what the cruise staff really do on this ship, I saw Ponce, who was very involved in the Med cruise I was on this summer, only twice - once walking around the top deck and once greeting people for the Believe show. I only saw David once greeting people outside Evolution and then again hosting the crab races on Castaway. But then again, I agree and think that maybe things will change once the regular cruises get underway. It was just different because The District is such a popular place to go now that I'm not sure how much they will need night adult shows any more - and if they did, how many people would skip The District to go there. I am very interested to see how it eventually works itself out. Anyhow, if there was one thing we were disappointed in, it's that we didn't really get to know any Cast Members outside of our stateroom host and servers. Usually we know the whole cruise staff by the ends of our cruises and we just didn't see them this time.

was the comedian you saw Jeff Civillico? I know someone else I talked too that was on the first preview cruise said they saw him in D-Lounge. I was jealous I like him

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 05:28 PM
was the comedian you saw Jeff Civillico? I know someone else I talked too that was on the first preview cruise said they saw him in D-Lounge. I was jealous I like him

Yes, that was who it was on ours too! I was sad we didn't get to see him but it just didn't work out. I'm glad he was in the D-Lounge the first cruise, it makes SO much more sense for them to be in there because that's right outside the entrance to The District. Him being in the Lake Buena Vista theatre didn't make much sense. I'm thinking maybe something was wrong with the D-Lounge because I never saw a soul in there the whole cruise! I'm sure they'll put the adult acts in there though.

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 05:33 PM
Thank you! That helps so much. I had no idea room service was included-had just read you had to pay if they brought drinks. We'll just go and get those. I'm planning to spend the night before at one of the hotels near by that has the cruise package/parking, and won't do any of the extra charge restaurants-it will be just me and my 3 kids. These threads are getting me so excited.:yay: Only 540 more days until my cruise:rotfl:

Can you get milk at the drink station? And since you can bring alcohol on board, I'm assuming we could bring some canned drinks as well?

Yes, there was milk there! Not sure what kind of milk, but I know it's there! I'm sure you can bring can drinks on board but you won't need them. Just bring big huge water bottles like we do and fill them up with soda and you don't have to go back very often for refills!

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 05:35 PM
Amazing pics, thanks. So excited for September, our oldest will be turning 5 years old, was just showing him the pics of the Aqua Duck his face....:eek:

Haha, that was my face too! :)

DMMarla07860
01-15-2011, 05:35 PM
Yes, that was who it was on ours too! I was sad we didn't get to see him but it just didn't work out. I'm glad he was in the D-Lounge the first cruise, it makes SO much more sense for them to be in there because that's right outside the entrance to The District. Him being in the Lake Buena Vista theatre didn't make much sense. I'm thinking maybe something was wrong with the D-Lounge because I never saw a soul in there the whole cruise! I'm sure they'll put the adult acts in there though.

now from talking to this person, it wasn't a adult show it was family show they saw, but still either way

ibouncetoo
01-15-2011, 05:42 PM

He's definately CD material! :thumbsup2 Had a lovely long chat with him last spring.

I'm thinking maybe since it was a preview cruise they didn't do all the normal stuff, I could be totally wrong though. I messaged a friend of mine that is part of the cruise staff and asked about it, hopefully I'll hear back.

I'm thinking what you're thinking. ::yes:: I've been reading some posts over the last few days and wanting to say "Don't panic people! None of these have been full blown 'regular' cruises." The charity cruise that is coming up and the inagural should probably tell the tale.

Now me....I've been searching all the photos for my favorite CMs and nobody's taking pictures of them! :lmao:

clog77
01-15-2011, 05:42 PM
Shutters
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4802.jpg

Shutters is very different now... you swipe your card and it tells you what "book" your photos are in. Simply go there, open it up and all your photos for your room are together! So cool!
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4803.jpg

New merchandise areas...
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4761.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4760.jpg

A look inside of one of the shops... WORD OF WARNING: If you want to buy inaugural merchandise, do so on the FIRST NIGHT OF YOUR CRUISE! They sell out of all of that the first night! So early!!!
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4781.jpg

Thank you for all the great pics and descriptions. I noticed you said the Inaugural merchandise was sold out on the first night??? They were selling inaugural merchandise on the preview cruises? What all was available? As someone that is sailing on the inaugural, my initial reaction is not a good one to hearing that news. There has to be something special that I am getting for actually going on that cruise and paying the extra money for it right? I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I don't mean to take away from your experiences at all, I'm just trying to piece together all this preview stuff in my mind. I can't wait to be on the Dream!!

ibouncetoo
01-15-2011, 05:51 PM
clog, I believe DCL has some merchandise that they will be selling all year for the Dream Inaugural CruiseS 2011. (sort of the 'inaugural season')

There is special merchandise for the maiden voyage and I though guests booked on it were sent a link months ago to be able to pre order stuff. I know one of my friends did.

GreatWhiteNorth
01-15-2011, 06:01 PM
Evolution, the night club on board
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4674.jpg

Walking into Evolution
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4676.jpg

Skyline Lounge, which was accessible off of Evolution
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4677.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4678.jpg

The District Lounge.. I did not see a soul in there the whole time. The comedians now are in the Lake Buena Vista Theatre, not in the adults area like they used to be (Lake Buena Vista Theatre is near the Walt Disney Theatre from what I'm told... I never went in there!)
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4664.jpg
Thanks for all the great pictures........
With all the adult bars and lounges how much are the drinks??

Timon
01-15-2011, 06:40 PM
Great photos and great reviews!! Thanks so much for sharing!

I will be on the Dream in 2 weeks :cool1::thumbsup2

december
01-15-2011, 06:47 PM
Yes, there was milk there! Not sure what kind of milk, but I know it's there! I'm sure you can bring can drinks on board but you won't need them. Just bring big huge water bottles like we do and fill them up with soda and you don't have to go back very often for refills!

Thanks again!:goodvibes

AnnaS
01-15-2011, 06:52 PM
Thank you very much for the great photos and your review! It all sounds so exciting. I can't wait until we get to cruise on the Dream.

discruiser
01-15-2011, 08:52 PM
Thanks so much for sharing your photos and your experiences on the Dream! I can't wait to see her for myself in less than 2 months! :banana:

One thing I couldn't tell from your photos was whether there is any outside seating (tables and chairs) alongside the family pools? On the Magic, my kids love to grab lunch at Topsiders or one of the fast food places and eat next to the Mickey pool so that they can go for a swim when they're finished eating while the rest of us finish our lunch.

Thanks,
Kim

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 09:03 PM
Thanks so much for sharing your photos and your experiences on the Dream! I can't wait to see her for myself in less than 2 months! :banana:

One thing I couldn't tell from your photos was whether there is any outside seating (tables and chairs) alongside the family pools? On the Magic, my kids love to grab lunch at Topsiders or one of the fast food places and eat next to the Mickey pool so that they can go for a swim when they're finished eating while the rest of us finish our lunch.

Thanks,
Kim

Yes, there are! I don't think it is a ton of seating, but in between the drink station and the entrance to Cabanas there are several tables to eat at! There isn't nearly as much true outdoor seating - like on the Magic and Wonder how there are tables outside directly in the sunlight out on the outdoor area - that is considerably smaller and there is much more seating indoors. All of the tables by the kid's area is in the shade. Hope that helps!

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 09:06 PM
Thanks for all the great pictures........
With all the adult bars and lounges how much are the drinks??

The signature cocktails (like my favorite, pomegranate cosmo/martini) were 8.50, which was an increase, but I saw other drinks like the Bahama Mama were only 5.45, which seems about the same. Not sure about beer, I'm not a beer drinker!

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 09:10 PM
now from talking to this person, it wasn't a adult show it was family show they saw, but still either way

It was probably the same show schedule we had... The first night on board they had the Golden Mickeys (two showings like normal), the second night there was Jeff Civillico (two shows) and then the third night was Believe (two shows). These were all in the Walt Disney Theatre. Then on the last night, Jeff did an adults-only show that was in the Lake Buena Vista theatre. That was the only "adults" show that they offered all three nights - once again, probably because this was a preview cruise, I'm sure it will be back to normal again once the regular cruises begin!

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 09:25 PM
Thank you for all the great pics and descriptions. I noticed you said the Inaugural merchandise was sold out on the first night??? They were selling inaugural merchandise on the preview cruises? What all was available? As someone that is sailing on the inaugural, my initial reaction is not a good one to hearing that news. There has to be something special that I am getting for actually going on that cruise and paying the extra money for it right? I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I don't mean to take away from your experiences at all, I'm just trying to piece together all this preview stuff in my mind. I can't wait to be on the Dream!!

Oh yes, ibouncetoo hit the nail on the head! There is Disney Dream inaugural cruises 2011 merchandise (like sweatshirts, photo books, frames, etc) that will be on every cruise for this entire first year of its sailing. However, for your cruise specifically, there will be the actual inaugural cruise merchandise that will be sold in some sort of a lottery fashion I believe (like she said, there was a letter I think that was sent out to everyone to see what you wanted to purchase... that's only from what I hear). And, you guys will be getting special gifts throughout your cruise that will be specific to YOUR cruise only, no one else will have access to those items (I have no idea what they are though). However, I'm sure the generic Disney Dream inaugural cruises merchandise will sell quickly on your cruise and every cruise this whole year, so no matter when you sail this year, buy what you want on the first night because it will sell out VERY quickly on each and every cruise! Don't worry though, you will have merchandise and gifts that will be specialized just for your sailing!

DMMarla07860
01-15-2011, 09:28 PM
It was probably the same show schedule we had... The first night on board they had the Golden Mickeys (two showings like normal), the second night there was Jeff Civillico (two shows) and then the third night was Believe (two shows). These were all in the Walt Disney Theatre. Then on the last night, Jeff did an adults-only show that was in the Lake Buena Vista theatre. That was the only "adults" show that they offered all three nights - once again, probably because this was a preview cruise, I'm sure it will be back to normal again once the regular cruises begin!

yeah, you are probably right:goodvibes

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 09:38 PM
Few more pics from one of my friends... adult seating area on the deck above the adult pool...
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/164326_1763597646174_1126090721_32050328_5429584_n .jpg

Another look at the kiddie pool
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/164070_1763601286265_1126090721_32050356_2835089_n .jpg

A look inside Evolution, the nightclub
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/163820_1763599886230_1126090721_32050347_6808300_n .jpg

Another look at Evolution
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/34792_1763600006233_1126090721_32050348_4550263_n. jpg

DonnettaR
01-15-2011, 10:18 PM
Is there a family nightclub like Studio Sea?

nicnac0404
01-15-2011, 10:18 PM

I thought Villians Tonight was on the Dream.
I wonder if it wasn't ready or something? :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 10:21 PM
I thought Villians Tonight was on the Dream.
I wonder if it wasn't ready or something? :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

I heard you were right, that Villains is on the Dream, but probably because this wasn't an official cruise, we only had two shows. Some notes on the two we did see though - there were some changes/additions to the Golden Mickeys (like the addition of a Rapunzel scene) and the new show, Believe, was incredible!!! You have to see it!

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 10:24 PM
Is there a family nightclub like Studio Sea?

Honestly not sure, I didn't explore any of the kids areas. I could see them using the D-Lounge as that though. It is outside the adults areas and not too far from the main lobby, so it has a good location; it has a big stage and plenty of seating! There could very easily be a family club though that I just didn't see.

CTXRover
01-15-2011, 10:27 PM
I believe the D Lounge is the Dream's equivalent to Studio Sea. Its location would seem to indicate that, plus its listed under the "youth clubs" on the website.

Tink2300, thank you so much for a great photo tour and review. I just can't get enough preview photos of the Dream. I think I'm becoming obsessed :)

ibouncetoo
01-15-2011, 10:40 PM
Is the 'ears' area of the Mickey pool as deep as the face part? If so, then the Mickey pool seems to be bigger than on the Wonder and Magic.

Great photos and great reviews!! Thanks so much for sharing!

I will be on the Dream in 2 weeks :cool1::thumbsup2

Please write a trip report. I've always enjoyed yours and FINALLY I need input on traveling with kids.princess:princess:princess: pirate:I've directed people with little children to your reports for a couple of years and now I need some info on kids and the Dream! Three generations of us will be on the Dream in November and the 'great' neices and nephea will range from 2 to 9. Is your DD about 4 now??

Tink2300, thanks so much for all your photos and taking the time to answer all our questions!

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 11:02 PM
I am SO glad you guys like all the pictures and the reports, etc. I just wish I would've taken more! At times I didn't even think about taking pics because I was so focused on seeing and experiencing everything! I wish people had more questions so that I could answer even more! :)

And yes, I believe the kid's pool is bigger than on the other ships. That coupled with the Nemo's Reef area, which is just directly beside it, makes the kid's area MUCH nicer. The only problem in my opinion is that the family pool is the same size and it's just on the other side of those chairs... I am anxious to see how everyone is going to fit!

tchrrx
01-15-2011, 11:07 PM
- Are there Mickey waffles available onboard anywhere?

- I know drinks are free with dinner. What about breakfast/lunch though? Do we have to get drinks from the drink station and then go get lunch?

- Would you explain the different breakfast choices? (ex. buffet at______, window order at _______, table service at ________) What about lunch?

- Is it true that life jackets are no longer mandatory for the muster drill?

- Where is the best place to be for the sail away party? When should we get there?

Thanks!

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 11:19 PM
I heard from someone that there is a new DJ with DCL for Evolution is that true? I usually got to know the bartenders and others in the night club so hoping to do the same

We had a guest DJ that was there from the United Kingdom I believe. The DJ on the ship is DJ Dan, we've had him before. DJ Mark (the guest DJ) was running Evolution and the Pirate music but DJ Dan was doing a bunch of other stuff. You definitely don't get the same feel as when everything took place in Rockin Bar D. I did notice that the Bartenders were the same for every place every night (example, the bartenders were the same in the Skyline Lounge all 3 nights), but there are just so many people everywhere and so many bars, clubs, etc, it's just harder to get to know the cast members in my opinion, which was a bit of a disappointment. Still, the adult areas blow the others out of the water!

FJS961
01-15-2011, 11:26 PM
Still, the adult areas blow the others out of the water!

me likey

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 11:29 PM

- I know drinks are free with dinner. What about breakfast/lunch though? Do we have to get drinks from the drink station and then go get lunch?

- Would you explain the different breakfast choices? (ex. buffet at______, window order at _______, table service at ________) What about lunch?

- Where is the best place to be for the sail away party? When should we get there?

Thanks!

I didn't see any! :( Not sure if that's because this was a preview cruise, but they weren't at Cabanas and the last morning at Animator's they were regular waffles as well. Sadness.

No, drinks should be free everywhere! The only place sodas will come with a charge are if you order them through room service.

Breakfast: room service (always an option), buffet style at Cabanas, table service at Royal Palace, I believe there were also limited choices available on the quick service/window service places by the pools even - I saw some yogurts and cereals sitting out up there!

Lunch: buffet at Cabanas, not sure if it was buffet or table service, but I think it was buffet at Enchanted Garden, all quick service/window order places are open on Deck 11 (Luigis pizza, Fillmores Favorites, Tow Mater Grill)

Yes, this is true! It made the drill a little longer though honestly because they have to come to each group and get your room number from you since you are no longer wearing it, if that makes sense. So at the end, we had to stay almost 10 minutes just so they could call out all the room numbers they missed! Pretty nice not to have to wear them though!

I would get there right after the sail away party. I think the top deck (Deck 12) is a MUCH better place to watch both the Sail Away and Pirate parties. I stood on Deck 11, where the stage is, for the pirate party and couldn't see any of the dancers, I had to watch the screen to see what was going on the whole time. I didn't really mind, but if you want to see the action, go to the top deck.

Tink2300
01-15-2011, 11:41 PM
The March trip on the dream was a definite impulse. My wife had breast cancer surgery last month. Good news is prognosis is excellent and she is feeling great. It really put things into perspective for us. We had not gone away alone in over a decade. We cruised as a family of 5 on the Wonder twice so far and had made plans for the 7 day Caribbean for change of itinerary. I became enamored with the Dream recently with all the buzz about her launch. I had time off in early March and looked into it. There were only 2 concierge rooms available, the smallest, and the Roy (? someone cancelled) ... I wanted concierge for the level of service plus knowing that at 60 days out I wouldn't likely get res for Palo or Remy ... wife and I are "foodies" and being a romantic couple getaway, it was "required" for us to get in there :) I'm absolutely giddy about this trip :cloud9: I'm calling it a second honeymoon

This is so touching, you guys deserve this trip so much! I travel so much now because you just never know where life is going to lead you. If you are able and can afford it, I say go whenever you can! That's my new motto! You're going to LOVE a 7-nighter, I have to say! Concierge seems to be so nice on this cruise - you get a separate check-in at the port, and my friend snuck a peek at the concierge area on one of the top decks - he wouldn't stop talking about how nice it is! Seems you are in for a real treat! If Palo is as great as it is, I can only imagine about Remy. We talked to several people on board who went and I believe they said it was 7 courses? And they said each and every bite of what they had was delicious - one lady who has been on every single cruise line (she was a vendor who supplies alcohol to the ship) said Remy was her favorite restaurant on the sea of any cruise line!

Tink2300
01-16-2011, 12:12 AM
Couple things I forgot to add earlier... you do not insert your key to open the door any more, you just wave it in front of the reader and it unlocks... and yes, you have to put your card in the wall to activate the lights and TV. We had some trouble getting used to that though... someone would want to leave the room and take their card with them, but then the lights and TV would go out. And once I walked out of the room and locked myself out because my card was still in the wall! I had to go find one of my friends to go retrieve it! I think that is going to happen to many, many people!

Also, no need to bring your nightlights any more for those of you who did. There is now a "nightlight" switch next to all the other light switches. When you hit it, it turns on this very small, faint light on in the middle of the cabin ceiling, very much like a night light! Very cool!

Timon
01-16-2011, 12:44 AM
I

Please write a trip report. I've always enjoyed yours and FINALLY I need input on traveling with kids.princess:princess:princess: pirate:I've directed people with little children to your reports for a couple of years and now I need some info on kids and the Dream! Three generations of us will be on the Dream in November and the 'great' neices and nephea will range from 2 to 9. Is your DD about 4 now?

Sorry but I am going with a friend and not my hubby and daughter. I've already started a pre trip report on the dcl trip report board though if you want to read it :thumbsup2

ibouncetoo
01-16-2011, 12:54 AM
Sorry but I am going with a friend and not my hubby and daughter. I've already started a pre trip report on the dcl trip report board though if you want to read it :thumbsup2

Well, good! I can use that infor for the 'adult' half of my B2B! :lmao:

IF the Dream lights work the same has many hotels...ANY card can be left in the slot to trigger the lights. So bring your grocer store club card with you! Just remember to take it out when you are leaving the room for any period of time (though I can understand people wanting the AC running constantly at certain timesof the year).

txsoccermom
01-16-2011, 01:02 AM
Thanks so much for all that you have shared with us :) But, I still have some questions (b/c I was didn't have time to read thru everything and I'm an OCD planner!):

- refillable drink station: Can we bring our WDW resort mugs from a few yrs ago, or some other cup from home?

- key to turn TV on: If you just want the TV on at nite, can you do that? Thinking we might want to watch TV while the kids are sleeping, but don't know how since the KTTW card activates/deactivates both!

- wine: will the avg size bottle fit in the refrigerator, or would you recommend a box wine? Can we bring a glass of wine from our room to dinner? Thought I read that somewhere else before!

- Shutters: When do you think is the best time to go there?

- Was Guest Services packed when you first got on the ship? Was wondering when the best time would be to go and drop off signature items, etc.

- smoking: Is it still allowed on verandahs and if so, is there an ashtray? Unfortunately DH smokes :sad2:

- Enchanted Garden: Think it would be worth it to request one of the circular booths? They turn around, right? Maybe I'm just confused and thinking of the teacup ride :lmao:

- Aqua Duck: I'm sure you covered this somewher, so I apologize for asking again, but what are the hours?

- shows in the theatre: Noticed you took pics, I guess that's allowed?!

- laundry rooms: Where are they and hrs? Do you know how much the machines cost and how crowded were they?

SO psyched about no life jackets during muster drill! What time was that at - 4p? Just trying to figure out what time to plan the DISMeet and where (pls share any thoughts on that!)

Thanks again for all that you showed us - I can't wait for 8 more weeks :yay::woohoo::banana:

DMMarla07860
01-16-2011, 06:34 AM
We had a guest DJ that was there from the United Kingdom I believe. The DJ on the ship is DJ Dan, we've had him before. DJ Mark (the guest DJ) was running Evolution and the Pirate music but DJ Dan was doing a bunch of other stuff. You definitely don't get the same feel as when everything took place in Rockin Bar D. I did notice that the Bartenders were the same for every place every night (example, the bartenders were the same in the Skyline Lounge all 3 nights), but there are just so many people everywhere and so many bars, clubs, etc, it's just harder to get to know the cast members in my opinion, which was a bit of a disappointment. Still, the adult areas blow the others out of the water!

Did the cruise you go on have the college club, since it was a preview cruise I'm going to guess it might not have, but from cruise staff I talk with they all said the college club would be on the Dream. Usually it is run by one or two members of the cruise staff.

cindy18
01-16-2011, 08:04 AM
Couple things I forgot to add earlier... you do not insert your key to open the door any more, you just wave it in front of the reader and it unlocks... and yes, you have to put your card in the wall to activate the lights and TV. We had some trouble getting used to that though... someone would want to leave the room and take their card with them, but then the lights and TV would go out. And once I walked out of the room and locked myself out because my card was still in the wall! I had to go find one of my friends to go retrieve it! I think that is going to happen to many, many people!

Also, no need to bring your nightlights any more for those of you who did. There is now a "nightlight" switch next to all the other light switches. When you hit it, it turns on this very small, faint light on in the middle of the cabin ceiling, very much like a night light! Very cool!

First, these pictures are amazing! Thanks so much for them. The Dream looks truly stunning, even more than I had imagined. CANNOT WAIT for Feb 20th!

Second, I need a technology tutorial on what you are describing with the card and the lights. I get the waving the room key card in front of the door to open it, but I don't get what you mean about how the lights work in the room and what happens if you remove the card. Is the idea that there is a slot that you leave a card in to turn on and off the lights? Any card? Your room key card? Do the lights then operate individually once they are activated? Need to get my brain around this before we leave!

MSTANG88
01-16-2011, 08:39 AM
There are small details on the ship to help you get around.
In the stateroom area halls, the top point of the stars in the carpet points to forward on the ship.
There are the usual fish on the doors on the port side rooms but there are seahorses on the starboard side.
Deck 5 staterooms have a maze of halls especially forward due to the children's areas. Even on other decks around the staterooms we had to backtrack a few time to get where we wanted.

MSTANG88
01-16-2011, 08:50 AM
First, these pictures are amazing! Thanks so much for them. The Dream looks truly stunning, even more than I had imagined. CANNOT WAIT for Feb 20th!

Second, I need a technology tutorial on what you are describing with the card and the lights. I get the waving the room key card in front of the door to open it, but I don't get what you mean about how the lights work in the room and what happens if you remove the card. Is the idea that there is a slot that you leave a card in to turn on and off the lights? Any card? Your room key card? Do the lights then operate individually once they are activated? Need to get my brain around this before we leave!

This is a power saving tool that hotels are using now. When you get into your room, you insert your key to the world card into a "key holder" above the light switches. This turns on the lights. You can then turn them on and off at your discretion.
If you remove the card, the lights will shut off. I assume that the TV would also turn off. It appeared that there was a time delay after you removed the card before the lights went out.
We did not try another type of card to see if this worked.

jnsma
01-16-2011, 08:54 AM
On some of the pictures (here and another thread), I saw characters that I didn't think were on the cruises. Specifically Buzz and Dopey.
Were there any other characters that you don't normall see on DCL?

I'd also love to see a picture of the navigators if you had them.

Thanks so much for the pictures and information, this is great.

Debbru
01-16-2011, 12:18 PM
Thanks so much for all that you have shared with us :) But, I still have some questions (b/c I was didn't have time to read thru everything and I'm an OCD planner!):

- refillable drink station: Can we bring our WDW resort mugs from a few yrs ago, or some other cup from home?

- key to turn TV on: If you just want the TV on at nite, can you do that? Thinking we might want to watch TV while the kids are sleeping, but don't know how since the KTTW card activates/deactivates both!

- wine: will the avg size bottle fit in the refrigerator, or would you recommend a box wine? Can we bring a glass of wine from our room to dinner? Thought I read that somewhere else before!

- Was Guest Services packed when you first got on the ship? Was wondering when the best time would be to go and drop off signature items, etc.

- smoking: Is it still allowed on verandahs and if so, is there an ashtray? Unfortunately DH smokes :sad2:

- Enchanted Garden: Think it would be worth it to request one of the circular booths? They turn around, right? Maybe I'm just confused and thinking of the teacup ride :lmao:

- Aqua Duck: I'm sure you covered this somewher, so I apologize for asking again, but what are the hours?

- laundry rooms: Where are they and hrs? Do you know how much the machines cost and how crowded were they?

SO psyched about no life jackets during muster drill! What time was that at - 4p? Just trying to figure out what time to plan the DISMeet and where (pls share any thoughts on that!)

Thanks again for all that you showed us - I can't wait for 8 more weeks :yay::woohoo::banana:

Also wondering about the veranda smoking/ashtrays & laundry rooms...

lbgraves
01-16-2011, 12:24 PM
All of your favorites are still there... the calamari, the pizzas, the beef tenderloin, etc... but there is a TON of new dishes. For my appetizer I had a white Tuscan bean soup (I think that is the only soup they offered) and we really liked the potato gnocchi and Chianti braised beef ravioli for dinner as well (we tried them both). The other members of my party had salads which they loved, two chicken dishes which they thought were just OK and the shrimp penne pasta was great as always from what I hear. There was also a lemon mousse on the dessert menu. I wish I would've taken more photos of the menu! One change is that the antipasta dishes that they usually bring around on a plate to you at the beginning of the meal, they now bring around in a cart and they prepare your plate for you right at your table... it just adds a little extra elegance to the meal.

Ann Marie told me last week that after next week's dinner on Friday night Palo will be getting "a complete botox treatment" with new decor, new china and a new menu on the Magic [I didn't ask about the Wonder]. If you can post what pictures you have of the menu that will probably be close to what it will be on the Magic too. The CMs said that DCL wants some things to be uniform on all the ships, like no more life jackets worn to the safety drill on the Magic or Wonder because that isn't how it is going to be done on the Dream & Fantasy.

mom2brooke76
01-16-2011, 12:43 PM
Is it true that there aren't hair dryers in the room? If there are hair dryers, are they the same type that are on the other ships? Thanks!

Tink2300
01-16-2011, 12:49 PM

I'll do my best! :)

Yes, bring your own! I do every time! It really saves on the trips to th drink stations!

Yes! Once you put your KTTW card in, that simply activates everything. From there, you can turn the switches on and off at your own discretion. Even if your card is in, you can still turn the lights off, but without your card in, nothing works. I would say there is a 30sec-1min lag time after you take your card out before everything shuts off, just fyi.

One of my friends brought a whole bottle and it worked just fine! One of my friends also took his drink with him to Palo and it didn't seem to be an issue.

We went in the middle of the afternoon on the sea day and it was dead. I would say any of your normal "down times" would be best... i.e. afternoons, later at night, maybe when the first seating is dining. I would say the earlier the better though. It's pretty small and I could see it getting really crowded.

I looked over there and it was not. It's about twice the size of the old guest services. I would go there as soon as you get on though... although I never really saw a line there the whole cruise!

Yes, we smelled smoke from our neighbor. I didn't see an ashtray out there, but maybe I just wasn't looking for one though!

I think the circular booths were cool! I didn't see them move during dinner, but maybe they do... anywhere you sit in there is cool though, so don't be disappointed if you don't get one of those.

It was open from the time we got on until 3:30, then open again at 4:30 until 8:30. It closed at 8:30 every night, and I believe it either opened around 9:30 or 10 every morning.

I took pics without flash. We sat in the second row to get good pics. I don't recall seeing anyone taking flash pictures, but tons of people were taking pics without flash!

This I am not sure of, sorry... one of my friends went there once to iron a shirt, but he didn't say anything about how nice they were, etc. Sorry!

Yes, same time! The sail away party starts at 4:30, so I'm sure everyone will want to go there. With the first seating being at 6, I would say you would want to do it at 3 or so, wouldn't you think? That would give people time to explore the ship after getting on and would give you plenty of time to finish before heading to the drill. One word of caution though, in the past didn't you all do this meet at the Promenade Lounge? That is no longer on these ships, so I'm not exactly sure where there would be a good place to have this meet-and-greet. That was the only lounge that was kind of out in the open on the other ships, but there's nothing like that on this ship... there is a coffee bar/lounge area on deck 4 (I think it's deck 4, maybe 5), just one floor up from the main lobby and directly above the gangplank where you first walk onto the ship. That might be a good place to have it!

Tink2300
01-16-2011, 12:51 PM
Is it true that there aren't hair dryers in the room? If there are hair dryers, are they the same type that are on the other ships? Thanks!

The hair dryers aren't on the wall anymore, they are in a bag labeled "hair dryer" and that bag is hanging on a hook in the part of the bath that has the toilet and sink. I honestly never looked in the bag to see what the hair dryer looked like though since I had brought my own from home. It looked like it was going to be a real hair dryer though!

Tink2300
01-16-2011, 12:52 PM
Ann Marie told me last week that after next week's dinner on Friday night Palo will be getting "a complete botox treatment" with new decor, new china and a new menu on the Magic [I didn't ask about the Wonder]. If you can post what pictures you have of the menu that will probably be close to what it will be on the Magic too. The CMs said that DCL wants some things to be uniform on all the ships, like no more life jackets worn to the safety drill on the Magic or Wonder because that isn't how it is going to be done on the Dream & Fantasy.

I'm sad I didn't take any pics of the menu... why didn't I think of these things??:confused3

Tink2300
01-16-2011, 12:55 PM
On some of the pictures (here and another thread), I saw characters that I didn't think were on the cruises. Specifically Buzz and Dopey.
Were there any other characters that you don't normall see on DCL?

I'd also love to see a picture of the navigators if you had them.

Thanks so much for the pictures and information, this is great.

I felt like the characters that were out the most were Donald and Daisy. We aren't sure if that is because Donald is the statue in the lobby or what, but they were definitely out a ton. All the princesses were out together, Chip & Dale were out a ton... I felt like there was just characters galore out there every time you walked by the lobby. I'm sure they stepped up their character meet-and-greets up for the first few months of these of cruises!

Tink2300
01-16-2011, 12:58 PM
This is a power saving tool that hotels are using now. When you get into your room, you insert your key to the world card into a "key holder" above the light switches. This turns on the lights. You can then turn them on and off at your discretion.
If you remove the card, the lights will shut off. I assume that the TV would also turn off. It appeared that there was a time delay after you removed the card before the lights went out.
We did not try another type of card to see if this worked.

Yes, you are correct. When you put your card in, that doesn't mean everything has to stay on the whole time, it just means you now have the ability to turn things on and off. The light switches or TV won't work at all if you don't have that card in. I would say it is about a 30 second to 1 minute delay before things shut off when you remove your card (just be fast about it if someone whose card is in the wall wants to leave - as soon as they take their card out, put someone else's in!)... and don't do what I did and walk out and leave your card in the wall and lock yourself out!

Tink2300
01-16-2011, 12:59 PM
Did the cruise you go on have the college club, since it was a preview cruise I'm going to guess it might not have, but from cruise staff I talk with they all said the college club would be on the Dream. Usually it is run by one or two members of the cruise staff.

I did not see anything on the navigators about a college club, sorry... but once again, maybe just because this cruise was a preview. I would say this ship was 75 percent adults honestly. Not too many kids at all running around.

FJS961
01-16-2011, 01:01 PM

cool! does that mean I'll see a new and improved Palo in April? :thumbsup2

DMMarla07860
01-16-2011, 01:32 PM
I did not see anything on the navigators about a college club, sorry... but once again, maybe just because this cruise was a preview. I would say this ship was 75 percent adults honestly. Not too many kids at all running around.
Ok, thanks for all the anwsers, I did hear from Ponz and David, that there was going to be a college club, but like you say it was a preview cruise, so that could be why none. I know my friend is going on one of the first real cruises and she'll do college club, so I'll be able to ask her.

amylia403
01-16-2011, 01:54 PM
We had a verandah on our last cruise. Our son has a severe reaction to inhaling smoke so we asked about the smoking situation since we were concerned about our son having to breathe it in from neighbors. We were informed, (and there was an announcment made as well over the PA system) that smoking was not allowed on verandahs on any Disney cruise.

Friscorays
01-16-2011, 02:23 PM
We had a verandah on our last cruise. Our son has a severe reaction to inhaling smoke so we asked about the smoking situation since we were concerned about our son having to breathe it in from neighbors. We were informed, (and there was an announcment made as well over the PA system) that smoking was not allowed on verandahs on any Disney cruise.

I am a non-smoker and I do my best to avoid second-hand smoke so that would be great news but the Disney site says this:

"Where can I smoke on board?

Answer
Disney Cruise Line has never allowed smoking in Guest staterooms. In addition, smoking is prohibited in all interior spaces throughout our ships. However, private verandahs and starboard-side open-air decks 9 and 10 have been designated as smoking areas in an effort to provide a cruise experience that satisfies both our non-smoking and smoking Guests. Between the hours of 6 p.m. and 6 a.m., smoking is also allowed on the starboard-side of Deck 4. The remaining hours are dedicated to those wishing to jog or walk along the Promenade.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faqs/health-safety/smoking/

HallsofVA
01-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Dopey was on the Magic in September, so not completely new for the Dream!

Minerva6116
01-16-2011, 03:03 PM
Thanks for answering all these questions, your pictures are awesome! I was very excited to see all the pictures of the adult lounges/bars. I'm wondering about the setup of that area. It sounds like most of the lounges are connected to each other so you can wander between them all? If I buy a drink in one lounge can I carry it with me while I roam the others? Thank you!

epcotrulz
01-16-2011, 04:07 PM
Thanks for answering all these questions, your pictures are awesome! I was very excited to see all the pictures of the adult lounges/bars. I'm wondering about the setup of that area. It sounds like most of the lounges are connected to each other so you can wander between them all? If I buy a drink in one lounge can I carry it with me while I roam the others? Thank you!

You can walk almost anywhere on the ship with a drink -- I will often times get an after dinner drink in the dining room and take it with me as we stroll around the ship after dinner -- so yes.

branv
01-16-2011, 04:22 PM
Just thought of another question -- was hoping if you still have your navigators if you can tell what nights Cabanas is open for dinner. I know on the Wonder, for the four-night, it's typically open only the second and third night for dinner. I know you didn't do a typical four-nighter, but was wondering if it showed it open every night or just a night or two.

And do you happen to knwo what Lunch hours are?

Thanks!

Fatima1922
01-16-2011, 05:11 PM
Can you tell me if they had the different tastings - beer, wine, tequila?

amylia403
01-16-2011, 05:18 PM
I am a non-smoker and I do my best to avoid second-hand smoke so that would be great news but the Disney site says this:

"Where can I smoke on board?

Answer
Disney Cruise Line has never allowed smoking in Guest staterooms. In addition, smoking is prohibited in all interior spaces throughout our ships. However, private verandahs and starboard-side open-air decks 9 and 10 have been designated as smoking areas in an effort to provide a cruise experience that satisfies both our non-smoking and smoking Guests. Between the hours of 6 p.m. and 6 a.m., smoking is also allowed on the starboard-side of Deck 4. The remaining hours are dedicated to those wishing to jog or walk along the Promenade.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faqs/health-safety/smoking/

Hmmm.... we will have to seriously reconsider our cruise then. Can't have my son needing a hospital while we are hundreds of miles away from land. The cast member on board specificly told us that there was no smoking on attached verandahs. Must not have been familliar with the policy. Sigh... that's really unfortunate :(

RayaniFoxmur
01-16-2011, 05:59 PM
Hmmm.... we will have to seriously reconsider our cruise then. Can't have my son needing a hospital while we are hundreds of miles away from land. The cast member on board specificly told us that there was no smoking on attached verandahs. Must not have been familliar with the policy. Sigh... that's really unfortunate :(

Do you need a veranda? The Oceanview staterooms have huge windows and if you're sailing the dream you might get one with a window seat right in it. That would make it so that you won't have to smell any smoke from a neighbor...

Tink2300
01-16-2011, 09:14 PM
Can you tell me if they had the different tastings - beer, wine, tequila?

They had one tasting only, I believe it was a wine tasting! I'm sure they will do more for the regular cruises though!

Tink2300
01-16-2011, 09:19 PM

Yes! All of the lounges are connected, it's very cool. If you walk in from the D-Lounge area, you enter in to the live music/lounge area on your left and then on the right is a bar and the door to Pink. Just ahead on the left after the lounge area is 687, the sports bar. After 687 is the restroom area and a set up for the late-night buffet (don't worry, they aren't right beside each other - it's not gross). Then there is a hallway that leads into Evolution, and inside Evolution is a door to go into the Skyline Lounge as well. It's a very cool setup and really allows for people to move freely to and from each area!

Tink2300
01-16-2011, 09:21 PM
Just thought of another question -- was hoping if you still have your navigators if you can tell what nights Cabanas is open for dinner. I know on the Wonder, for the four-night, it's typically open only the second and third night for dinner. I know you didn't do a typical four-nighter, but was wondering if it showed it open every night or just a night or two.

And do you happen to knwo what Lunch hours are?

Thanks!

Ahh, I so wish I had my navigators, but I didn't think to bring them with me! I didn't hit up Cabanas, so I honestly don't know what nights they were open. For lunch, I believe it was open until 2. Breakfast ended at Cabanas at 10:45 and ended at the Royal Palace at 9:30.

DMMarla07860
01-16-2011, 09:29 PM
did they have any family type dance party's when you were on the ship? Just wondering I've seen some while walking around the first night when I went on the Wonder back in 2009 so was wondering about that.

Tink2300
01-16-2011, 09:58 PM
did they have any family type dance party's when you were on the ship? Just wondering I've seen some while walking around the first night when I went on the Wonder back in 2009 so was wondering about that.

I did not see any, sorry!

DMMarla07860
01-17-2011, 12:14 AM
I did not see any, sorry!

figured this would be the case since it was only a preview cruise and thought I remember you saying it was 75% adults sailing

princessemily21
01-17-2011, 12:28 AM
Thank you so much for your wonderful pictures and details! Kind of disappointed in the lack of cruise staff presence... they've always been my favorite CMs around the ships and I've enjoyed getting to know them. Hopefully things will be back to normal as the regular cruises start.

Count me in as another college kid who is hoping for an active college club! This will be my first cruise as an over 18 and my first cruise out of The Stack, so I'm really excited about it. :)

DMMarla07860
01-17-2011, 12:32 AM
Thank you so much for your wonderful pictures and details! Kind of disappointed in the lack of cruise staff presence... they've always been my favorite CMs around the ships and I've enjoyed getting to know them. Hopefully things will be back to normal as the regular cruises start.

Count me in as another college kid who is hoping for an active college club! This will be my first cruise as an over 18 and my first cruise out of The Stack, so I'm really excited about it. :)

I won't say there is a active active college club on most cruises actually they have been better on 7 night cruises I've been on, but if they have if and 5 college age people show up then that's a party:

princessemily21
01-17-2011, 12:34 AM
I won't say there is a active active college club on most cruises actually they have been better on 7 night cruises I've been on, but if they have if and 5 college age people show up then that's a party:lmao:

Yeah, not looking for a ton of people to show up, but just for a few people to hang out with around my age. I'm cruising over my spring break, so I'm hoping some others will be out of school that week too.

DMMarla07860
01-17-2011, 12:37 AM
Yeah, not looking for a ton of people to show up, but just for a few people to hang out with around my age. I'm cruising over my spring break, so I'm hoping some others will be out of school that week too.

yeah I went on a back-2-back 7 night in 2009 the first week before most spring breaks started and there was really no one second week spring breaks start and there were like 7-9 of us same as March 2010 when I went during time when people had spring break

txsoccermom
01-17-2011, 12:58 AM
Tink - Thanks soooo much for taking the time to answer all my questions! You've really helped this OCD planner :thumbsup2

DisneyDee27
01-17-2011, 01:50 AM
Thanks for sharing!
Dee

tjbole71
01-17-2011, 07:23 PM
I am curious. How have you seen the Dream already? I was wondering (and asked) how to get on the ship on its transatlantic voyage and was told they were not accepting any passengers. Tell me your secret!

lbgraves
01-17-2011, 08:03 PM
Do you have any thoughts about the teen club being forward on deck 5? Is the entrance on the portside of the hall? Did you see the area and hear any noise coming from the club in the hallway? We always stay forward and enjoy the fact that there is less foot traffic in the hallway so it's relatively quiet. I am concerned about teens running through deck 5 forward to get to the club after the week we just had with a midship stateroom and noise until after midnight in the hallway.

We also enjoyed not having the life jackets on for the drill. It allowed us to go directly to deck 9 after the drill for the sail away party. Talking about it afterwards though it makes a lot of sense. Those jackets were probably never cleaned but were handled every cruise and in contact with everyone's hands and face [and the mouths of kids]. Last January on the Wonder there was an issue with Norwalk for a couple weeks and someone got sick at the life boat drill in AP on our cruise. Over the three days every stateroom in our friends' hallway got it.

maria-fan-22
01-17-2011, 08:44 PM
We also enjoyed not having the life jackets on for the drill. It allowed us to go directly to deck 9 after the drill for the sail away party. Talking about it afterwards though it makes a lot of sense. Those jackets were probably never cleaned but were handled every cruise and in contact with everyone's hands and face [and the mouths of kids]. Last January on the Wonder there was an issue with Norwalk for a couple weeks and someone got sick at the life boat drill in AP on our cruise. Over the three days every stateroom in our friends' hallway got it.

WAIT... Disney has stopped requiring life jackets at the muster drill????? pirate:

alenushka
01-17-2011, 08:52 PM

Thank you for taking time to share pictures and answer so many questions. We spent the last two hours with my DD reading posts/looking at your pictures. A few questions:
in AP, does it matter where you sit to allow interaction with characters? My DD is very concerned....If you had a choice of a table, where would you like to be seated in AP?
Do you know prices for photos?
Do you have to buy a "spa-pass" to be able to use "hot chairs"/sauna; how much was it?; if you had spa services reservations, was it part of the package?
You mentioned waterslide was opened when you first got there on embarkation day...do you remember about what time was it? was it already crowded?

Thank you for any info you could tell us!

catdance23
01-17-2011, 08:55 PM
Thank you so much for the pics. I'm going in November and I've added your site to my favorites so I can go anytime I need a fix. :goodvibes

happiest in Disney
01-17-2011, 08:56 PM
TO bring your own wine etc. do you carry it on or put it in your checked bags?

lbgraves
01-17-2011, 08:58 PM
WAIT... Disney has stopped requiring life jackets at the muster drill????? pirate:

Yes, this started on the cruise before our 1/8/11 western. The TV was turned on to the video and I was unpacking and heard do not wear them and DS told me that the people on the TV were doing it wrong. LOL! He asked the stateroom host in the hall to make sure & he told us that DCL has changed the process so that all of the DCL ships are the same and the Dream will not be wearing them to the drills so neither will the Magic or Wonder. It did take longer and there will probably be more people who get a letter in their stateroom. I saw two people being led to our area by a maintenance CM who told them to stand in front of other people in the middle of the group. The CM taking attendance didn't see them so I pointed them out when she walked by us again. I didn't want to have to stand there any longer than we had to waiting on no shows.

cindy18
01-17-2011, 09:41 PM

I'm pretty sure you need to put the wine in the bags you carry into the port yourself. That's what we've always done.

STLUCIELADY
01-17-2011, 10:10 PM

It seems they work like they do in hotels. When you walk into your room, you stick your room key in the slot on the wall next to the door. Your lights and everything in the room work like normal after that. You don't need your room key while you are in the room so it's no big deal. When you walk out, you grab your room key out of the slot and go on your way. It saves a lot of electricity that way. Very glad they did it that way.

maria-fan-22
01-17-2011, 10:48 PM
Yes, this started on the cruise before our 1/8/11 western. The TV was turned on to the video and I was unpacking and heard do not wear them and DS told me that the people on the TV were doing it wrong. LOL! He asked the stateroom host in the hall to make sure & he told us that DCL has changed the process so that all of the DCL ships are the same and the Dream will not be wearing them to the drills so neither will the Magic or Wonder. It did take longer and there will probably be more people who get a letter in their stateroom. I saw two people being led to our area by a maintenance CM who told them to stand in front of other people in the middle of the group. The CM taking attendance didn't see them so I pointed them out when she walked by us again. I didn't want to have to stand there any longer than we had to waiting on no shows.

Ahh.. I see.... Seems very strange....Ohh well. Thanks for the info! pirate:

Tink2300
01-18-2011, 01:17 AM
I am curious. How have you seen the Dream already? I was wondering (and asked) how to get on the ship on its transatlantic voyage and was told they were not accepting any passengers. Tell me your secret!

Well, I was fortunate enough to be sailing as the guest of a Disney cast member who works for cruise line here in Orlando! The entire ship was full of only people who worked for DCL or outside vendors (like the people who supply alcohol onbiard, etc) and their guests. I myself also work seasonally for Disney and I just loved sailing with so many fellow cast members... It was interesting to see where everyone worked and what their "in" was to get on the ship - mine was one of my best friends! :)

Tink2300
01-18-2011, 01:23 AM
Do you have any thoughts about the teen club being forward on deck 5? Is the entrance on the portside of the hall? Did you see the area and hear any noise coming from the club in the hallway? We always stay forward and enjoy the fact that there is less foot traffic in the hallway so it's relatively quiet. I am concerned about teens running through deck 5 forward to get to the club after the week we just had with a midship stateroom and noise until after midnight in the hallway.

Sorry, I actually didn't even go near the teen club entrance on deck 5! Sorry! I can imagine though, as with everything else, that Disney took the noise factor into consideration and you should be fine!

And yes, I LOVED not having to wear the life vests! However, I did find that it made the drill longer because they had to call out so many stateroom numbers that they didn't get to. I didn't mind though, it was still nice!

BibbidyBobbidyBoo
01-18-2011, 01:34 AM
It seems they work like they do in hotels. When you walk into your room, you stick your room key in the slot on the wall next to the door. Your lights and everything in the room work like normal after that. You don't need your room key while you are in the room so it's no big deal. When you walk out, you grab your room key out of the slot and go on your way. It saves a lot of electricity that way. Very glad they did it that way.

um, what?
Gosh darnit- they keep doing things making it hard to have kids in another room who may spend time in your room but you don't want them having a key to your room! so now a key to the room has to be in some slot for the lights/etc. to work in the room? grumble grumble grumble

Tink2300
01-18-2011, 01:35 AM
Thank you for taking time to share pictures and answer so many questions. We spent the last two hours with my DD reading posts/looking at your pictures. A few questions:
in AP, does it matter where you sit to allow interaction with characters? My DD is very concerned....If you had a choice of a table, where would you like to be seated in AP?
Do you know prices for photos?
Do you have to buy a "spa-pass" to be able to use "hot chairs"/sauna; how much was it?; if you had spa services reservations, was it part of the package?
You mentioned waterslide was opened when you first got there on embarkation day...do you remember about what time was it? was it already crowded?

Thank you for any info you could tell us!

Thank you so much, I am so glad you enjoyed it!

In AP, the best place to sit to have a chance to interact with Crush is close to the wall. The closer you are the higher your chance will be of Crush talking to someone at your table. He does have to make the rounds around the whole room though, so he usually onely talks to one or two tables in each area.

The only price I noted was the 8x10, which was 20... I believe the 6x8 was maybe 12? Or 14? I bought 2 8x10s, that's the only reason I remember!! :)

The Rainforest Room pass for a 3-nighter was 42 per person or if you buy it as a couple, 75 for 2. I believe you can just pick a day and go for 15 though, but it was nice to be able to come and go whenever we wanted the whole cruise! I do not believe this room is part of many, if any, spa packages now. It used to be, but they are trying to limit the number of people in there.

We got on the Aqua Duck around 2pm on the first day and waited maybe 3 minutes! We wanted to explore a little before going on it and getting wet, but I would say the earlier you go the better! The at sea day we waited maybe 15 mins or so, still not bad. Just keep in mind though that both of those days were incredibly chilly and windy, so I think that was a bit of luck that we didn't have to wait long... Probably the shortest time we will ever have to wait ever!

ibouncetoo
01-18-2011, 01:38 AM
um, what?
Gosh darnit- they keep doing things making it hard to have kids in another room who may spend time in your room but you don't want them having a key to your room! so now a key to the room has to be in some slot for the lights/etc. to work in the room? grumble grumble grumble

It does not have to be a stateroom key. Should work with your grocery store club card or your library card (and possibly even a paper business card, but not sure about that). At least that's how all of them work in the hotels and we will have DISers double checking that (can't imagine DCL got some special hi-tech coded to the room key system though).

Tink2300
01-18-2011, 01:40 AM

My friend who brought it just had it packed in her carry-on day bag that she took onto the ship!

alenushka
01-18-2011, 01:42 AM
Thank you so much, I am so glad you enjoyed it!

In AP, the best place to sit to have a chance to interact with Crush is close to the wall. The closer you are the higher your chance will be of Crush talking to someone at your table. He does have to make the rounds around the whole room though, so he usually onely talks to one or two tables in each area.

The only price I noted was the 8x10, which was 20... I believe the 6x8 was maybe 12? Or 14? I bought 2 8x10s, that's the only reason I remember!! :)

The Rainforest Room pass for a 3-nighter was 42 per person or if you buy it as a couple, 75 for 2. I believe you can just pick a day and go for 15 though, but it was nice to be able to come and go whenever we wanted the whole cruise! I do not believe this room is part of many, if any, spa packages now. It used to be, but they are trying to limit the number of people in there.

We got on the Aqua Duck around 2pm on the first day and waited maybe 3 minutes! We wanted to explore a little before going on it and getting wet, but I would say the earlier you go the better! The at sea day we waited maybe 15 mins or so, still not bad. Just keep in mind though that both of those days were incredibly chilly and windy, so I think that was a bit of luck that we didn't have to wait long... Probably the shortest time we will ever have to wait ever!

Thank you so much for your detailed answers :flower3:
I will place a request for AP . I hope DD will get to interact with Crush :wizard:

BibbidyBobbidyBoo
01-18-2011, 01:45 AM
Well, good! I can use that infor for the 'adult' half of my B2B! :lmao:

IF the Dream lights work the same has many hotels...ANY card can be left in the slot to trigger the lights. So bring your grocer store club card with you! Just remember to take it out when you are leaving the room for any period of time (though I can understand people wanting the AC running constantly at certain timesof the year).

Oh no, that was going to be my next question- the key only affects the lights and tv- not the a/c does it?
ohh nooooo I cannot come back to a hot room.
no no no no no!

And I'll probably be the one to continuously leave the key there and walk out of the room. I better just ask for another key "for my child staying in another room" but then not give it to said child LOL

Tink2300
01-18-2011, 01:48 AM
Thank you so much for your detailed answers :flower3:
I will place a request for AP . I hope DD will get to interact with Crush :wizard:

Don't be disappinted if he doesn't interact with you table though - it is still so cool and there are many characters that pop up on the screens during dinner that it makes for a Great dining experience! AP was our favorite!!

Tink2300
01-18-2011, 01:50 AM
Oh no, that was going to be my next question- the key only affects the lights and tv- not the a/c does it?
ohh nooooo I cannot come back to a hot room.
no no no no no!

And I'll probably be the one to continuously leave the key there and walk out of the room. I better just ask for another key "for my child staying in another room" but then not give it to said child LOL

To my knowledge it did not control the AC. In fact, I remember coming back to a freezing room each and every night!!

BibbidyBobbidyBoo
01-18-2011, 02:01 AM
There are small details on the ship to help you get around.
In the stateroom area halls, the top point of the stars in the carpet points to forward on the ship.
There are the usual fish on the doors on the port side rooms but there are seahorses on the starboard side.
Deck 5 staterooms have a maze of halls especially forward due to the children's areas. Even on other decks around the staterooms we had to backtrack a few time to get where we wanted.
Oh no. So it's hard to find rooms and we've booked rooms on deck 5... youngest is gonna have a hard time navigating it? sigh LOL

Few more pics from one of my friends... adult seating area on the deck above the adult pool...
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/164326_1763597646174_1126090721_32050328_5429584_n .jpg

Another look at the kiddie pool
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/164070_1763601286265_1126090721_32050356_2835089_n .jpg

A look inside Evolution, the nightclub
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/163820_1763599886230_1126090721_32050347_6808300_n .jpg

Another look at Evolution
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/34792_1763600006233_1126090721_32050348_4550263_n. jpg

thanks so much for posting all the pictures! A lot of them aren't showing anymore though. Will they show again later or are they just gone once bandwidth is exceeded? I really wanted to see that adult seating area above the adult pool and the one you labelled about Crush isn't showing either. :(
Wait- now that I've quoted them- those pictures ARE showing. Maybe I should go quote the crush photo haha

The lights on the aquaduck are cool!

You have answered so many questions that the only ones I can think of right now are: did you happen to get a chance to look at (in any way possible) the verandahs for the deck 5 rooms? do the dividers go all the way out now or what? I'm still confused about those.
And you described walking thru the adult bars from one to the other- do they also have individual doors if you're attempting to go to one directly? Or do you have to walk thru all of them to get to the one you want?

mmouse37
01-18-2011, 07:22 AM

Yes, DCL wants all beverages to be brought onboard in your carryons. It can be any type of suitcase or rolling duffle you want as long as it fits through the x-ray scanner (same size as an airport scanner). You are not limited to the amount you can bring on.

You will read reports of people giving cases of water or soda to the porters to take to the room (or that they packed their booze in their checked luggage) but you must understand that the porters do not work for DCL and will pretty much take anything to ensure their tip. There have been reports that people who packed beverages in their checked luggage were contacted by DCL to come and claim it out the luggage. Just think of what damage could be done to your own stuff and the stuff in cases around yours if something like wine opened up in the suitcase. The baggage handlers are not gentle.

It is very easy to put your beverages in a rolled bag and take it onboard with you. It is a very nice perk...DCL is the only cruise line out there that lets people bring on unlimited amount of alcohol for your consumption.

MJ

BibbidyBobbidyBoo
01-18-2011, 08:04 AM
It does not have to be a stateroom key. Should work with your grocery store club card or your library card (and possibly even a paper business card, but not sure about that). At least that's how all of them work in the hotels and we will have DISers double checking that (can't imagine DCL got some special hi-tech coded to the room key system though).

Oh that is good news. I always have cards like that in my purse. yay!

To my knowledge it did not control the AC. In fact, I remember coming back to a freezing room each and every night!!
Well that is good news as well.... I don't mind stuff shutting off when we all leave with our cards EXCEPT for the a/c. that wouldn't be cool (literally :rotfl: )

Tink2300
01-18-2011, 10:04 PM
Oh no. So it's hard to find rooms and we've booked rooms on deck 5... youngest is gonna have a hard time navigating it? sigh LOL

thanks so much for posting all the pictures! A lot of them aren't showing anymore though. Will they show again later or are they just gone once bandwidth is exceeded? I really wanted to see that adult seating area above the adult pool and the one you labelled about Crush isn't showing either. :(
Wait- now that I've quoted them- those pictures ARE showing. Maybe I should go quote the crush photo haha

The lights on the aquaduck are cool!

You have answered so many questions that the only ones I can think of right now are: did you happen to get a chance to look at (in any way possible) the verandahs for the deck 5 rooms? do the dividers go all the way out now or what? I'm still confused about those.
And you described walking thru the adult bars from one to the other- do they also have individual doors if you're attempting to go to one directly? Or do you have to walk thru all of them to get to the one you want?

I did not see any rooms on deck 5, sorry! I only saw rooms on our deck, deck 10! As for the adults area, the District Lounge is an open area with no doors, Pink is only accessible with a door off of the lounge, 687 is also only accessible via a door in the lounge as well... you walk through this winding hallway to get into Evolution, there is really no "door" to is... and Skyline is accessible via a door to the outside hallway and via a door inside Evoluion! It's like a long winding area with doors to different lounges and clubs everywhere if that makes sense. It is very cool!

Plaid Princess
03-24-2011, 12:43 AM
687 the sports bar... wish I would've gotten more pics of that place
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/UKMel3/IMG_4672.jpg[/IMG]

Hook 'em Horns! :cheer2:

Plaid Princess
03-24-2011, 02:28 AM
One of the quick service places... these are now all together by the adult pool, not spread out like they used to be.

Did this add much in the way of under 18 traffic to the adult pool? I liked that there wasn't much reason for kids to even come up to the adult pool on the Magic/Wonder. Made it much easier for the CM's to send them away the few times parents thought the rules were for "everyone else".