PDA

View Full Version : Any hope that Palo or Remy will open up?

TheMick424
01-15-2011, 07:51 AM
Our booking window for the 3/31 cruise on the Dream opened up today. Checked first thing in the AM for either a Palo or Remy dinner and nothing was available. Nada! Any chance that slots will open up and I can book onboard? Stinks being a first time cruiser...I feel like I'm shut out for some of the experiences that would make me come back for a second time.

epcotrulz
01-15-2011, 08:59 AM
Get to port early and go straight to where ever they are taking ressies. As long as you are first/early in the line, I would think you will be fine. :thumbsup2

OrangeCountyCommuter
01-15-2011, 09:19 AM
Our booking window for the 3/31 cruise on the Dream opened up today. Checked first thing in the AM for either a Palo or Remy dinner and nothing was available. Nada! Any chance that slots will open up and I can book onboard? Stinks being a first time cruiser...I feel like I'm shut out for some of the experiences that would make me come back for a second time.

Heck I think you have to be multilple time cruiser to get these on the Dream. I am the lowest tier and was locked out... Once again more people competing for not that many more spaces....:rolleyes1

kovets
01-15-2011, 09:26 AM
I would keep trying - I got a Remy Ressi a few days after my window opened. It was the first night but better than nothing.

SideshowBob
01-15-2011, 10:16 AM
I would surely try the first day as I had been locked out but still had some options available that day at Noon.

TheMick424
01-15-2011, 12:52 PM
I'll keep trying and hope for the best. I do agree though, these ressies are going to be hot commodities!

Rpsemont
01-15-2011, 01:10 PM
Definitely keep checking. I missed my 90 day mark, and then didn't remember until after the 75 day window had passed. When I went on line, nothing available.
Then yesterday, doing my occasional check, there was a reservation for Palo open. I had to take the time and day available, and there was only 1, and it was only for 1 or 2 people, but it worked for me.

Good luck!
Anne

FJS961
01-15-2011, 01:25 PM
bigger ship, more people, wonder how much additional capacity the adult only dining options have? as far as chances to get in, palo seems larger with more seating and quicker meal turnaround ... remy looks more limited with 3-3.5 hr dining time and less space to begin with

remy's may not be everyones cup of tea with the long dining time, $75 pp surcharge but i'm sure demand will be high at least initially

is it safe of to say MOST adults on the ship like to have a meal in Palo? If you are a relative newbie to DCL cruising and REALLY want to eat at these places, my advice is to splurge on concierge level and you are pretty much GUARANTEED a ressie, they reserve some for these guests. We have cruised DCL twice so far. I have had my concierge host get us into Palo after we boarded the ship for the day and time we wanted. Most recently, I have posted elsewhere, I booked an early march sailing just last week and of course NOTHING was available online as far as palo or remy. I called the shoreside concierge and got ressies for both at the times we wanted.

mrp4352
01-15-2011, 05:18 PM
Keey trying - there have been some cancellations! Someone on the MV was able to get into one of the restaurants just last week.