PDA

View Full Version : Opinions needed: Easter baskets a week early in the stateroom or no?

Disney1fan2002
01-14-2011, 05:32 PM
We are going to be on the 4/17 Dream. We are driving from Ma. and staying until Saturday 4/23 at Universal. We will leave Saturday, but it takes about 20 hours to get home. It will be sometime Easter Sunday.

I have thought about making the baskets up and having my sister hide them in the house, so when the kids get home they can look for them. Then, I thought about Shirley and HER baskets and thought how cool would it be for them to open the stateroom door and find Easter Baskets waiting for them, albeit a week early. They all are old enough, that having it be from the "Easter Bunny" won't be an issue. (youngest is 11).

So, what do you think? Since most of our day will be traveling on Easter anyway, there won't be much as far as celebrating. I might plan on getting home early enough to stick a ham in the oven, but as far as visiting family, I think we will all be too exhausted.

Disneyelf10
01-14-2011, 06:50 PM
Hi,
What about having something small for them on the ship and then have the "big" basket at home waiting for them. This way they have a surprise on the ship and then something to look forward to when they get home.

Either way you can't lose! Happy Easter!

Donna3271
01-26-2011, 04:42 PM
Subbing....

I'd like to see some Easter baskets too! Either Shirley, or sent from DCL... THANKS!!!:flower3:

Deb T.
01-26-2011, 11:38 PM
We are going to be on the 4/17 Dream. We are driving from Ma. and staying until Saturday 4/23 at Universal. We will leave Saturday, but it takes about 20 hours to get home. It will be sometime Easter Sunday.

I have thought about making the baskets up and having my sister hide them in the house, so when the kids get home they can look for them. Then, I thought about Shirley and HER baskets and thought how cool would it be for them to open the stateroom door and find Easter Baskets waiting for them, albeit a week early. They all are old enough, that having it be from the "Easter Bunny" won't be an issue. (youngest is 11).

So, what do you think? Since most of our day will be traveling on Easter anyway, there won't be much as far as celebrating. I might plan on getting home early enough to stick a ham in the oven, but as far as visiting family, I think we will all be too exhausted.

If you did non-perishable items, you could box them up and stow them in your car until the ride home. Then, the kids would have a nice distraction for the long trip. :thumbsup2

I'm also sending you a PM for another idea. :)

LuvIt
01-27-2011, 01:26 AM
My vote would be have them at home so they'll get them on Easter. Easier all the way around and they'll have a surprise when they get home.

HappyPeach
01-27-2011, 05:24 AM
The cruise will be full of surprises. Have the Easter baskets at home... on Easter.

jessica29
01-27-2011, 11:42 AM
I say baskets at home, The cruise is going to be overwhelming enough and the baskets probably won't even matter. At home they will be more appreciative of it.