PDA

View Full Version : All my cruise planning reservations gone!!

jxtai
01-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Our family will go on Feb 3rd Disney Dream, I got my final documents by mail this morning. So I got online to do the final check in. When I logged in my account , I found out all my activities and Remy reservation are all gone. I have no idea why, so I ty rebook everything but found out there is not time slot for my Remy dining. I was so upset , I called Disney and they said they cannot help me. I told them I booked these reservations when my window opened. This is my fifth cruise on Disney and I am very disappointing. The customer service rep seem don't believe me, I told her I am 100% sure I did book it and since this is my fifth disney cruise I know what I was doing.. and they said there is nothing they can do.. Now I am so upset .. Anyone had this happened to them before and have any suggestion? They said Remy is completely full on my cruise. Sigh!!:headache:

HallsofVA
01-14-2011, 02:19 PM
Oh no!

I have had it happen where I went on, made my selections, but failed to hit that final "confirm" button at the time, so my selections didn't save. Luckily I went back in to do something else, realized nothing was there, and rebooked them again. Now I obsessively book and confirm one item at a time, and I'm always going back into my reservation between booking and sailing date, to look at things, check for other openings, etc. I also print a copy of the detailed confirmation, so that I have it to refer to and also for some evidence that I wasn't crazy.

I have had DCL change or delete things. Sometimes they cancel an excursion and don't tell you. They may also change or modify spa treatments. Our first cruise, we had treatments that disappeared, then reappeared due to some system maintenance they did. It helps to have the evidence of what you booked to check if anything changed.

smurph
01-14-2011, 02:24 PM
That is just awful. I hope things get resolved before you sail. Good luck!

bunny
01-14-2011, 02:26 PM
:hug: You might still be able to get some of things you want by checking as soon as you get onboard. If it makes you feel any better, this is something that would totally happen to me, so I can relate.

jxtai
01-14-2011, 02:29 PM
I am so upset I want to cry.. I am so looking forward for the Remy.. I remember I woke up at 5am that day to make those reservations..

anna08
01-14-2011, 02:38 PM
I am so sorry! I know I have had lots of issues lately with the planned cruises section of the website - next cruise is in March, and sometimes when I log on it tells me I have x number of days to do online checkin - which I completed a few weeks ago and know was in there. When I click on that button, it then tells me my session has expired (about 5 sec after I logged on!!). If at anytime I go want to go back a screen, it takes me back to the log-in page. The next time I log-in, it will look like it is supposed to. Then the survey pops up about 20 seconds after I'm on the site. And I swear I am not stupid. Overall, very frustrating, and I am sure we are not the only ones to experience these issues. DCL Information Technology gets a D grade from me. I've really never had a time where I've logged on to have it be seamless. I know, I am a Mac user, but come on people, a lot of us are. Look again, who knows, maybe it will magically appear again. :mad:

OrangeCountyCommuter
01-14-2011, 02:42 PM
DCL's IT is run by the people that run the entire Disney IT..

And a D is generous. It's an F. They think "CUTE" is much more important then "FUNCTION" WRONG!!!!!!!

jlwhitney
01-14-2011, 02:46 PM
Defiantly have had something similar happen. I went and booked a Palo Meal and confirmed it. The next day logged in and it was not there so I went and tried to rebook it and it would not let me saying there was a conflict (aka already had something booked) that was defiently was not showing up. So the next day tried again and there were no reservations left and called and they said they couldn't do anything about it either.

JennLK
01-14-2011, 02:46 PM
Oh No! We are on the same cruise - I better go check my plans !

jxtai
01-14-2011, 02:54 PM
I am upset because they seem don't believe me.. they said they have no record. I said if you have record, I don't need to call you right now and they trying to say I am lying!

Dr.Girlfriend
01-14-2011, 03:44 PM
No, you're definitely not lying; our plans are gone as well and we're on the exact same cruise. And my kids are no longer registered for the kids clubs. :confused3

Dr.Girlfriend
01-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Oh No! We are on the same cruise - I better go check my plans !

COmpletely off topic Jenn, how old is your DD? She looks similar to my DD's age and I wonder if they'll hang out together (I have a 9 year old dd, 2 year old ds).

jxtai
01-14-2011, 03:46 PM
OMG. what can we do?? This is just horrible!!

Dr.Girlfriend
01-14-2011, 03:48 PM
OMG. what can we do?? This is just horrible!!

I'm going to give them a call in a minute; I had something like this happen once before where all of my ressies disappeared for a day and then they reappeared. When I originally called DCL they said that there was nothing they could do because everything was booked up...when in reality, my reservation for Palo/treatmet was in there.

andersonfamily
01-14-2011, 03:52 PM
I think their IT people are screwing something up. Last night I logged on and it said "4 confirmed activities". Today I can see those activities still, but I don't see the green message to the left. I just think that's crazy that they don't recognize that the mistake could be theirs.

Purplejewel
01-14-2011, 03:58 PM
You got me scared now:scared1: so I went online to see if all the activities I have scheduled for me and my DH's 7-day Mexican Riviera Cruise were still there and thankfully they are. I really hope that you can get them to rebook all your activities once you are on board - they really do owe you since you took the time to book online ahead of schedule. Good Luck

serrem
01-14-2011, 04:00 PM
I agree that Disney's IT is woefully inadequate. I work in IT, and if our site worked as poorly as Disney's, we would all be fired.

That said, here's a constructive (I hope) suggestion that I intend to follow when I book our excursions and Palo reservations next month for our May cruise: When you have all your reservations confirmed, print out a page showing them. Then, you'll have some evidence when you complain to Customer Service. If enough people do this, perhaps Disney Management will wake up to the fact that their IT applications are losing data and making guests angry!

Otimon
01-14-2011, 04:03 PM
So sorry this happened to you. :hug:

As mentioned before, check as soon as you get on board about any recent cancellations for Remy and, at the very least, get on a waiting list should someone cancel on a particular day on board.

I do hope this works out for you.

jxtai
01-14-2011, 04:07 PM
And Disney is saying they have the best customer services..I don't think so. It is not my fault your system losing data and they are calling me a liar... I usually print out the confirmation but on the planning page is not like there an icon for print...If I print I will print the whole page with all the useless stuff on it but this is a good lesson.. from now on I don't care how much ink I need to waste .. I will print them all out in the furture!!

FJS961
01-14-2011, 04:16 PM
That sucks! They had big website problems earlier this week and there is even a thread about it. I got an email today from shoreside concierge advising me to check my ressies as some things may have been lost and to check in with them so, they must know something

jxtai
01-14-2011, 04:21 PM
ok.. I called them again and told them I am not the only one have problem and they still said no one else but you.. so please if you have a problem on your reservation .. please call Cynthia.. she is a supervisor and she is the one who don't believe me.. let her know you have a problem too.. Her phone# is 407-566-7000 ext 61356.. please help me!!

KevieKev05
01-14-2011, 04:35 PM
I am on the February 3rd Dream cruise as well. I just checked online and our Palo reservation is still there. However, we did print out our confirmation after we booked it as a back up.

lmhall2000
01-14-2011, 04:36 PM
I am so sorry! That is very frustrating, I can confirm that their 'confirmation' page is misleading! I went in to make changes to our reservation only on food requests (we have one vegetarian) so I clicked the passenger that was vegetarian and hit "submit"...then it took me to a page that wanted "confirm" but if you scrolled down to the bottom of the page it required you to click a box saying you've read xyz and agree...THEN it would let you "confirm" ..the silly thing is there are TWO "confirm" buttons on the same page...and you have to scroll a long way down to see the second one that requires you to check off this box....then the crazier thing is it said "Congratulations you have successfully completed your reservation" ....uh, I completed and paid for my ressie over a month ago....I even got an email from Disney congratulating me on my upcoming cruise...I didn't book a thing, I just wanted to clarify we had a vegetarian sailing...UGH!!

Maybe if you share these and other 'quirks' you can explain that you DID make a reservation and hit SUBMIT but did not realize you had to confirm again...and with the little box checked...I do know that when I made a Palo ressie it sent me an email confirming...they just have no evidence of you making it b/c likely you didn't hit the number of buttons they needed you to!

Hope you get this straightened out!! And I'm sure you're not alone, just give it more time...they'll realize the bugs in their IT dept....I bet they have capable IT people but look at how many times the site has changed just in the past year! My husband is a software engineer and when the 'boss' is telling you to add xyz when abc still aren't working well, it gets bad quickly!

Good luck!!
Tara

jxtai
01-14-2011, 04:46 PM
This morning I re-book my spa reservation, it seem nothing special I just clicked the time and confirm... that's all and the reservation is still here ...so I am sure I did nothing wrong on my previous one!

disdel
01-14-2011, 05:11 PM
I'll post here as well as the thread re: IT problems, since it seems that there's lots of problems - all our "Saved Activities" for an upcoming Alaska just disappeared yesterday as well. Thanks, OP for Cynthia's ext - that's who I will call so maybe she'll realize you're not making this up.

jxtai
01-14-2011, 05:15 PM
I'll post here as well as the thread re: IT problems, since it seems that there's lots of problems - all our "Saved Activities" for an upcoming Alaska just disappeared yesterday as well. Thanks, OP for Cynthia's ext - that's who I will call so maybe she'll realize you're not making this up.

thank you so much!!!! Keep me posted!!

tiffany2009
01-14-2011, 06:51 PM
I am so happy I read this thread. It does not surprise me at all.

I checked on my ressies and they are there. I found a printer friendly button and then saved the file to my desktop since I don't have access to a printer.

I am very frustrated with DCL's website. I was one of the people who hit their ressie window when the website went down. When it came back up there were no Palo ressies left.

Luvstocruise
01-14-2011, 07:50 PM
To the original Poster:
Did you not print out what you had done, i.e. as a confirmation. Under the planning center screens, you get a confirmation with the actual Reservation number for Palo ressie for instance. I printed those out. Since I got that, if there ended up being a screwup, I had documented proof I had booked it. When you are in a "https" session, there are supposed to be checks and balances. Maybe you had timed out and not realized what you were typing where not part of a "valid Https Session".

When my cruise documents arrived I checked them right away, and they had the reservations listed right in the document pages.

If you have the confirmation info with Ressie numbers info, then you would have proof DCL screwed up, if not, it is your word against theirs. Saying you made reservations probably wouldn't cut it with them. So sorry to hear you had difficulties. It is an unfortunate thing, but websites can have plenty of problems.

Luvstocruise

lovethatmouse28
01-14-2011, 08:32 PM
I am also on the 2/3 cruise only 20 more days:cool1: I just checked my ressies and everything we booked is still there! Thank God!! Maybe you should call and try to speak with a different supervisor?

penguins_fan
01-14-2011, 09:04 PM
In addition to clunky operation of their main site, Disney is way behind on a web site optimized for mobile browsers, unless I'm missing something, its very hard to do anything on my droid for the dcl or main disney sites.

jxtai
01-14-2011, 09:12 PM
The weird thing is my brother in law also booked the remy on the same night and his reservation also gone.. if I screwed up my reservation ... how about his reservation? Also screw up by him? That is totally not making any sense. Again, I didn't write down the reservation# or print it out because this never happen to me and I thought with all the full screen .. it just wasting a lot of ink. But I swear from now on I will print out everything!!!!!!!!

mellers
01-14-2011, 09:18 PM
Unfortunately, this won't help with Remy, but if you are missing out on shore excursions that are important to you, you might see if you can find independent contractors who are running the same or similar shore excursions as Disney--we booked ours independently because we are going on our first cruise, and there was a good chance I would have been skunked out of a wheelchair seat if I'd waited.

ssanders79
01-14-2011, 09:22 PM
Are any if your reservations printed in the cruise documents that you received in the mail?

jxtai
01-14-2011, 09:45 PM
Are any if your reservations printed in the cruise documents that you received in the mail?

I just checked my document , it said I didn't book any activities !! I only booked remy and a spa treatment .. I lose them both...

lmhall2000
01-14-2011, 10:05 PM
I just checked my document , it said I didn't book any activities !! I only booked remy and a spa treatment .. I lose them both...

Oh man, still so sorry! I think the best thing is to keep trying Cynthia or making sure others who have this issue (now your brother) call her directly. Even though it's a new ship and all, I really think that at guest services they can try and 'squeeze' you in...just go in with how disappointed/sad you are...I find that Disney really likes to make all their guests happy..

Good luck!! I think that spa treatment will help you immensely!! Hope you get it!!
Tara

jxtai
01-14-2011, 10:15 PM
Oh man, still so sorry! I think the best thing is to keep trying Cynthia or making sure others who have this issue (now your brother) call her directly. Even though it's a new ship and all, I really think that at guest services they can try and 'squeeze' you in...just go in with how disappointed/sad you are...I find that Disney really likes to make all their guests happy..

Good luck!! I think that spa treatment will help you immensely!! Hope you get it!!
Tara

thanks for reply.. at this point I am over it .. I just want to make sure Cynthia know I wasn't trying to get myself a reservation by lying to her or Disney ..that very important to me!! This is just a dinner reservation but at the same time is also about my principle!!!

Dizzyworld
01-15-2011, 01:38 AM
thanks for reply.. at this point I am over it .. I just want to make sure Cynthia know I wasn't trying to get myself a reservation by lying to her or Disney ..that very important to me!! This is just a dinner reservation but at the same time is also about my principle!!!

I understand. I hate when someone doesn't believe you and you know you are telling the truth. Good luck that you still get what you want. Have a wonderful cruise.

TiredOfCold
01-15-2011, 11:39 AM
Well I just received my cruise documents and it says I don't have any shore excursions booked and I did book a snorkelling trip for my family. I went on the website to see if it showed up online and it doesn't. Very irritating.:headache:

The other very strange thing is that my Palo reservation is listed in my cruise documents as a table for 2, yet only has my name listed as a guest. This reservation doesn't show up on the website at all. Clearly there are some major issues! Just glad I have that one in writing on my cruise documents.

Currently on hold with DCL - hoping they have some insight into these issues as they seem to be rather common.

mammacaryn
01-15-2011, 03:48 PM
The other very strange thing is that my Palo reservation is listed in my cruise documents as a table for 2, yet only has my name listed as a guest.

Only one name will show up for Palo (at least when we did brunch that is how it was), you'll get 2 tickets on board though.

jxtai
02-15-2011, 10:14 AM
Just want to give an update on my case...

Few days after I called Disney.. Cynthia (Disney the most horrible customer services representative) called back and told me there is no way she can rebook Remy for me since it all booked up.. and she said " Sorry I cannot rebook for you . Remy sold out long time ago way before the sliver castaway club member window open!" Implying I was lying because I am a silver member, there was no way I could book Remy online. I was so mad and got nothing to say.

Guess what, when I got to the ship last week, I went to Remy try to get myself a reservation, they had plenty available. I got to pick whenever I want. So I am not sure who is lying here... me or Cynthia? haaaaaaaaaaa

BTW, Remy was amazing. The best meal I ever had and I think is actually better than Victoria and Albert (I went to the chef table before).

Here is some pic of the meal.. Enjoy!! :D

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=110162&id=1204503749&l=f723920917

thegales
02-15-2011, 10:27 AM
I am very happy that things worked out for you.

jcarwash
02-15-2011, 10:43 AM
Guess what, when I got to the ship last week, I went to Remy try to get myself a reservation, they had plenty available. I got to pick whenever I want. So I am not sure who is lying here... me or Cynthia? haaaaaaaaaaa

I'm a first time cruiser coming up, but from what I've read and listened to, DCL will hold back Palo (and I assume Remy) reservations so some are available on ship. So even if they "sell out" online the advice is some may be available when you get there.

jxtai
02-15-2011, 10:49 AM
I'm a first time cruiser coming up, but from what I've read and listened to, DCL will hold back Palo (and I assume Remy) reservations so some are available on ship. So even if they "sell out" online the advice is some may be available when you get there.

That what I thought too.. I even asked her about it and she said no..no way .. there is no seat at all.. I even asked her so are you telling me if a customer have no internet access, they will not able to book anything .. she said I would suggest him/her to ask a friend who have internet access to help her/him out.

JulieL0616
02-15-2011, 11:12 AM
I think this may be a DCL site issue right now, yesterday I about had a panic attack because one of our rooms no longer showed the deposit paid. When we originally put the money on the reservation it charged my bank double. Since it was a wedding gift to a friend, I didn't mind paying the deposit but double was a bit much for me;). I called DCL and they put a request in for a refund for 1/2 the money. A day or so later, it showed only the amount I wished to pay. Yesterday I went on and it showed $0.00 paid and that the deposit was past due. When I called DCL, they said it still showed the full amount originally charged with the refund of 1/2 pending. I checked my bank account and none of it had been returned. They sent it to a supervisor but told me not to worry. This morning, it was showing the correct amount and the reservation being confirmed. Hopefully they can fix yours too! :hug:

swfmco
03-02-2012, 12:09 AM
So, I am looking at the "Cruise Activities Overview Screen". On my sea day, it says. "Adult Dining (1)", which should be my Palo dinner, and "Spa (1)", which should be my couples massage. There doesn't appear to be any way to see detail, like the time for Palo and the actual service at the spa. I know this sounds stupid, but how do I know the right times and services are actually in the system? I did them so fast at 12 midnight that the whole experience was a blur, and I want to confirm I picked the right times.

Feisty Fairy
03-02-2012, 12:38 AM
So, I am looking at the "Cruise Activities Overview Screen". On my sea day, it says. "Adult Dining (1)", which should be my Palo dinner, and "Spa (1)", which should be my couples massage. There doesn't appear to be any way to see detail, like the time for Palo and the actual service at the spa. I know this sounds stupid, but how do I know the right times and services are actually in the system? I did them so fast at 12 midnight that the whole experience was a blur, and I want to confirm I picked the right times.

You should of got an email with conformation numbers but you can click on the indivdual days to bull up the days event. Hope that helps.

iloverags2
03-02-2012, 07:20 AM

It's a wee bit tricky. Clicking on where it says Port Adventures or the port name or add activities will not bring anything up showing what you actually have booked. You must click on Day 4 (or whatever day you want to look at). You can also print out all of the information together (rather than having to look at each day). After opening a specific day, in the upper right corner of the activities box will be a print icon. You can select to print either that particular day, or your entire itinerary for all days.

Hope this helps!