PDA

View Full Version : When did you send STD's?

KristiLyn
01-13-2011, 07:02 PM
Since we are from Louisiana and having our wedding at Disney, I feel like I should send my save the dates earlier than usual. That way, if people want to come, they will know the exact date, plans, etc.
My question is, how early is too early? When is too late? Our wedding is in September and I was thinking around March. Is this sufficient time?
Thanks in advance!!

qtsugarangl
01-13-2011, 08:28 PM
we are sending ours out at least a year out, but most of my family lives on the west coast and his is in Ohio so we want to give more then enough time for everyone to save. If we haven't signed our LOA by then we will give at least the month and year.
If your family is in Louisiana then I would say that March is good because everyone can still drive/carpool to save on money HTH :goodvibes

minniebride
01-13-2011, 08:45 PM
We are sending ours out in about a week in a half for our 12/18/11 wedding. We've been prepping our guests about the details though since November!

librarygeek
01-13-2011, 09:10 PM
I think March is fine. Our wedding is in September too (the very beginning) and we sent ours out in early December. I'd say anything more than a year is too early, but you probably want to do at least 6 months in advance.

sambycat
01-13-2011, 09:45 PM
we sent them out about 11 months ahead - after we knew for sure our date (give or take).... i personally have a job where i have to request all my vacation once a year - there isn't much flexibilty at the 2 month till timeline.... plus to get th optimum flights etc.... really, i think about 4 months out is your peak plane bargain window anyway...

that said, pretty much noone we thought needed that much of a heads up planned or did anything! arg!

girli565
01-14-2011, 08:52 AM
We sent ours out once we got our date confirmed by DFTWs, which ended up being about 9 months before the wedding date. I wanted a few specific dates (it needed to be even numbers, lol) and only during certain weeks of June. We also moved our date up from Dec. 2010 to June 2010 and were a bit short on time :)

Jilian
01-14-2011, 11:50 AM
We're aiming for 9-12 mos before the VR. Most family members already know though. We just need to wait until we get our date confirmed.

CityGirlLost
01-14-2011, 07:18 PM
I'm sending ours out as soon as we sign a contract and things are more "official." Since our families are in NJ and PA, we want to give them plenty of time to save up.

Bippi
01-16-2011, 08:35 PM
I just postmarked mine. So just at a year out but we are all flying into Disney with Washington DC being the furthest south! They all need the time to save and plan.

KristiLyn
01-16-2011, 08:55 PM
Thanks guys! Brian is working on ours now, and I hope to have them out by the end of February. He's working on some tower of terror STD's/tower of terror hotel key's. I can't wait to see how they come out! I'll post them when he's done!

Mika710
01-16-2011, 09:10 PM
We are also planning to be married in September. We have ordered and are waiting for our STDs to be delivered. They should arrive this week. The goal is to send them out this week. Half of our family is coming from Miami and the other half from Texas, so we wanted to give them the information sooner than later so they can begin to plan and budget.

xxliz28xx
01-16-2011, 10:00 PM
We are mailing ours out this week for our 11/10/11 wedding. :goodvibes

Mgmgal
01-17-2011, 02:10 PM
I agree with sending them out a year ahead. We want to give the folks plenty of time to save up if they choose to come.

It'sWDW4me
01-17-2011, 02:14 PM
:lmao:

Mailing out STD's?!?!!? :confused3

Didn't know that could be done. :confused3

When you care enough to send the very best? ;)

:idea: Oh..... wait..... Wedding Board...... must have something to do with weddings...

:banana: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao: :banana:

KristiLyn
01-17-2011, 02:15 PM
:lmao:

Mailing out STD's?!?!!? :confused3

Didn't know that could be done. :confused3

When you care enough to send the very best? ;)

:idea: Oh..... wait..... Wedding Board...... must have something to do with weddings...

:banana: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao: :banana:

Haha! Save the dates