PDA

View Full Version : Info From Passporters - MK Ceremony Price now $10,000

princesswendy720
01-12-2011, 05:54 PM
I just saw this on the Passporter's DFTW Facebook Page:
"Magic Kingdom Ceremony Package Price Slashed! Disney has quietly reduced the price of a Magic Kingdom ceremony and removed most of the elements in the package. Now, $10,000 gets you the site, chairs, a string trio, and transport down Main Street in motorized vehicles for your guests. Guest limit is still 50, and all the same Wishes Collection food and beverage minimums apply."

So it's $10,000 for the ceremony, and then you have to have a reception with the Wishes per person Food and Beverage minimums. Still..I think this is reachable for a lot more people!

http://disneyweddings.disney.go.com/weddings/florida/wishes/ceremony/magical/magic-kingdom/detail

pixie921
01-12-2011, 06:02 PM
Oh my goodness ... this would be my dream-come-true!!! Thank you so much for posting this ... I've got a call in to my planner! :cool1:

princesswendy720
01-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Oh my goodness ... this would be my dream-come-true!!! Thank you so much for posting this ... I've got a call in to my planner! :cool1:

I hope you can do it! I'm considering throwing my plans out the window and just doing a brunch after with no floral, decor, and entertainment so we could afford it.

It's definitely something to think about!

pixie921
01-12-2011, 06:06 PM
I hope you can do it! I'm considering throwing my plans out the window and just doing a brunch after with no floral, decor, and entertainment so we could afford it.

It's definitely something to think about!

Seriously! That's exactly what I'm thinking ... the ability to have the ceremony in the MK would totally be worth it!

helloirishkitty
01-12-2011, 06:06 PM
Oh I'm so mad my wedding is so close! I would love to do it :(

FutureMrs.B
01-12-2011, 06:09 PM
Oh Fudge! I want to do the same thing. Damn that I have my photographer and videographer contracted! :headache:

ChocoKat
01-12-2011, 06:23 PM
So awesome! Great news for some lucky brides out there. :cool1:

pixie921
01-12-2011, 06:24 PM
Hmmm...I wonder if they take additional photos around the castle if you have an MK wedding like they do for Epcot weddings. If that's the case, an extra MK photo session might not be necessary ....

PartofDisney'sWorld
01-12-2011, 06:26 PM
If only I could slash my guest list! :sad1: We already sent out save-the-dates though.

FutureMrs.B
01-12-2011, 06:30 PM
Hmmm...I wonder if they take additional photos around the castle if you have an MK wedding like they do for Epcot weddings. If that's the case, an extra MK photo session might not be necessary ....

My thoughts exactly. I'm trying to figure out if this is possible. Oh i hope so! I just checked my contract for my photographer and videographer and I would just lose the deposit, which I'm willing to do.

princesswendy720
01-12-2011, 06:32 PM
My thoughts exactly. I'm trying to figure out if this is possible. Oh i hope so! I just checked my contract for my photographer and videographer and I would just lose the deposit, which I'm willing to do.

If you look at the pictures on the page (which appear to be from a real wedding - not promo shots) they have pictures in places other than Swan Boat Landing, so I think they probably would allow you to stick around for some pictures after :thumbsup2

FutureMrs.B
01-12-2011, 06:34 PM
If you look at the pictures on the page (which appear to be from a real wedding - not promo shots) they have pictures in places other than Swan Boat Landing, so I think they probably would allow you to stick around for some pictures after :thumbsup2

Good point. Hmm! ::whipping out calculator::

FutureMrs.B
01-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Does anyone know what would happen if it rained? Is it still held there?

pixie921
01-12-2011, 06:44 PM

Carrie's book says the Wedding Pavilion is the rain location.

princesswendy720
01-12-2011, 06:44 PM

The backup location for MK is the Wedding Pavillion (or at least it was). Which makes me wonder if they refund you the huge price difference between the two if you get rained out or if you just lose that money? Or if it's possible to negotiate an indoor location in the MK...I guess that would be up to theme park management.

FutureMrs.B
01-12-2011, 06:52 PM
Hmm..yea that would suck if they didn't refund you the money. I'm doing math and it might be possible. I mean if stuff is bare bones. Which I'm willing to do for that location. But I don't want to end up losing money to do it where I'm originally going to have it for cheaper.

PartofDisney'sWorld
01-12-2011, 06:53 PM

Hmmmm, I don't know, those pics could have been used from the MK Bridal shoot, to entice you...guess you'd just have to ask your planner to find out for sure though. I think if you're spending that much on just the ceremony site alone you should have the MK Bridal shoot included...I mean, you're already right there!!

princesswendy720
01-12-2011, 06:59 PM
Hmmmm, I don't know, those pics could have been used from the MK Bridal shoot, to entice you...guess you'd just have to ask your planner to find out for sure though. I think if you're spending that much on just the ceremony site alone you should have the MK Bridal shoot included...I mean, you're already right there!!

You can see some guests in the background of the picture of them in the coach.

PartofDisney'sWorld
01-12-2011, 07:06 PM

You're right! I didn't see that before. Soooo, I guess this means you probably would not have to pay extra for the MK bridal shoot. Hooray! :banana:

As for the rain, it typically rains in the afternoons (if it does rain, usually in the summers), unless it's one of those off days where it just rains all day long (which is not very common). So I think anyone really has a great chance of it not raining, because it looks like you have to have an 8 a.m. ceremony.

pixie921
01-12-2011, 07:07 PM

I think those are wedding guests ... they look sort of dressed up. :)

But I"m sure you'd have some park guests in there as well, with breakfast at Crystal Palace and Cinderella's Royal Table opening at 8 a.m.

princesswendy720
01-12-2011, 07:11 PM
I think those are wedding guests ... they look sort of dressed up. :)

But I"m sure you'd have some park guests in there as well, with breakfast at Crystal Palace and Cinderella's Royal Table opening at 8 a.m.

Yes I meant that they were wedding guests lol I was just pointing out that they probably weren't pictures of an MK shoot because their guests were there with them...and the officiant in the other picture (I don't think he'd come along for the bridal shoot haha) :goodvibes

pixie921
01-12-2011, 07:13 PM
Yes I meant that they were wedding guests lol I was just pointing out that they probably weren't pictures of an MK shoot because their guests were there with them...and the officiant in the other picture (I don't think he'd come along for the bridal shoot haha) :goodvibes

Gotcha! :thumbsup2

Princesspunkin
01-12-2011, 08:17 PM
We will have to use Disney photography and video for this site, correct? Do anyone know if they have a special package for this site, or if we can use an Escape photo package, since those packages are cheaper than the Wishes photo packages?
I am trying to redo my numbers to see if I can do this package.

Are there any in park site to do a brunch reception besides Tony's? I think Tony's only have breakfast one-day a week, so maybe it can be use for brunch on other days if we complete it before lunch starts. Or do anyone now of any other sites.

Are there any more details? I am so excited about this I really want to see if we could do this

Dawn

FutureMrs.B
01-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Ok so my wheels are still turning. Do you think it still includes the same thing that it says in Carrie's book? Like the special photography or ceremony decor? I'm going to email my planner tomorrow but just wondering if anyone knows.

pixie921
01-12-2011, 08:23 PM
Ok so my wheels are still turning. Do you think it still includes the same thing that it says in Carrie's book? Like the special photography or ceremony decor? I'm going to email my planner tomorrow but just wondering if anyone knows.

I don't think so. Here's what Carrie's Facebook site says:

"$10,000 gets you the site, chairs, a string trio, and transport down Main Street in motorized vehicles for your guests."

And the Disney site still says that you have to pay for a bus, so that's another $500 or so to add to the price, along with your food and beverage minimums.

Mindyjoy
01-12-2011, 08:34 PM
I wish they would do this at Disneyland!!!!!!!

FutureMrs.B
01-12-2011, 08:42 PM
Oh so I guess it's a different package than the original one.

princesswendy720
01-12-2011, 08:50 PM
Oh so I guess it's a different package than the original one.

Yes, they cut a lot out and and reduced the price as a result.

As far as photography, this is still considered a Wishes wedding and a reception is required, so I'd imagine the Escape photo packages are not an option.

There are no reception locations inside the Magic Kingdom, the reception would have to be elsewhere (such as one of the monorail resorts).

donald&daisy
01-13-2011, 10:13 AM
Gosh, that is tempting...I just don't know how I feel about getting married at 8 in the morning. I would almost want to wait and have the reception later in the day but I think that would feel weird. That is great that they are making it much more affordable.

pixie921
01-13-2011, 10:55 AM
Talked to our planner. There are no MK ceremonies allowed from Sept-December due to decorating/construction/etc. per MK management. So that rules it out for us.

princesswendy720
01-13-2011, 11:44 AM
Talked to our planner. There are no MK ceremonies allowed from Sept-December due to decorating/construction/etc. per MK management. So that rules it out for us.

That rules us out too unfortunately.

Krysssyann
01-13-2011, 12:58 PM
I am scheduled for Sept 5th and emailed my planner and waiting to hear back - its more than likely before any of the construction or decorating is going to start (being its the first weekend of Sept)...now to see if I can crunch the numbers to make this work......please keep posting more info as you guys get it! I NEVER thought this could be possible without hitting the lottery - which is what we joke to spend the money on if we win everytime we play....

ipodluvr287
01-13-2011, 01:22 PM
It's been that price for awhile. I saw it on the DFTW page probably at least a month ago.

geek+nerd
01-13-2011, 02:28 PM
It's been that price for awhile. I saw it on the DFTW page probably at least a month ago.

Can you post a link to it, please? I looked and was unable to find it. TIA!

PartofDisney'sWorld
01-13-2011, 02:33 PM
Can you post a link to it, please? I looked and was unable to find it. TIA!

Here ya go:

http://disneyweddings.disney.go.com/weddings/florida/wishes/ceremony/magical/magic-kingdom/detail

Right after the bullets it says "Venues start at $10,000..." and she's right, it has been that way for a while. They may just not have been updating their site, which is common.

lurkyloo
01-13-2011, 02:45 PM
Yeah, who knows how long this has been available—what I don't understand is why Disney didn't shout it from the rooftops when they changed it. :confused3 It's a huge price drop and a boon to those who thought they could never afford a Magic Kingdom wedding!

ipodluvr287
01-13-2011, 03:27 PM
Yeah, who knows how long this has been available—what I don't understand is why Disney didn't shout it from the rooftops when they changed it. :confused3 It's a huge price drop and a boon to those who thought they could never afford a Magic Kingdom wedding!

In regards to the DFTW website, from what I've read on here, there are a LOT of things available for a wedding that aren't said on that website. For someone who is looking into a DFTW for the first time, that website is really crappy. One of the venues, etc. that's not on there may be the selling point for one of those weddings, but the customer would never know due to it not being posted on there. The customer would have to do a lot more research and come to a place like this to even know about it.

geek+nerd
01-13-2011, 03:33 PM
In regards to the DFTW website, from what I've read on here, there are a LOT of things available for a wedding that aren't said on that website. For someone who is looking into a DFTW for the first time, that website is really crappy. One of the venues, etc. that's not on there may be the selling point for one of those weddings, but the customer would never know due to it not being posted on there. The customer would have to do a lot more research and come to a place like this to even know about it.

Agreed! If I hadn't found this board, we probably wouldn't be getting married at Disney. There has been many a lament about Disney's web presence on here.

PinkSleepingBeauty
01-13-2011, 05:16 PM

I first came across this by chance on their website in April of last year and I emailed my sales consultant to ask about it. I think i still have the email saved. I totally agree, I don't understand why it isn't more advertised! :confused3