PDA

View Full Version : What should be expected at Bridal Showcase

johnscafide
01-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Hi guys... new to posting, but not to disboards.

My girlfriend and I are getting married October, 2012 at The Wedding Pavillion. We are super excited. We have made plans already for the Bridal Showcase (aka. Open House). What can anyone tell us who are going for the first time, what it's like, what to expect, and any tips?

Thanks a bunch!

PartofDisney'sWorld
01-10-2011, 08:29 PM
Hi guys... new to posting, but not to disboards.

My girlfriend and I are getting married October, 2012 at The Wedding Pavillion. We are super excited. We have my plans already for the Bridal Showcase (aka. Open House). What can anyone tell us who are going for the first time, what it's like, what to expect, and any tips?

Thanks a bunch!

Hello and welcome! I went to the Open House in August and it was fun! Basically you get to look around Franck's Studio and talk to some coordinators, and then everyone goes to the Wedding Pavilion for some Q & A. They had some samples of cake to try and some faux champagne (sparkling grape juice, still yummy!). They had a fun character come in for entertainment (no, it was not Mickey or Minney). The Q & A was nice, but it wasn't very helpful for me because everybody who was asking questions were asking very general questions about having a DFTW, and I had already been assigned my planner, so naturally I had more specific questions. You can also walk around outside and view the grounds. They also had one of the ballrooms in the Grand Floridian set up for a reception (not a real one, just for show) so we could all walk over and look at that.

It was a great time and I would recommend going. However, I know the Showcase coming up has the whole David Tutera event thing going on, so there's going to be A LOT more stuff to do. I think it's even a whole weekend long event? I can't imagine that it's really going to be the same as the one I went to. HTH.

johnscafide
01-10-2011, 08:58 PM
That's AWESOME! It does sounds very exciting! Yes, it is a weekend event. Friday is the Ceremony Walk-through; Saturday is the showcase and luncheon with David Tutera. Saturday night is the Illuminations Dessert Party at Epcot, and then Sunday is the Reception Walk-through.

seaprincess
01-10-2011, 09:02 PM
My friend had told me about the Open House. What are the dates?? I am certain that the Showcase and Luncheon with David Tutera is a ticketed event, right? How do you go about getting tickets, etc? Sounds like an amazing event!!

Thanks!:lovestruc

johnscafide
01-10-2011, 09:08 PM
My friend had told me about the Open House. What are the dates?? I am certain that the Showcase and Luncheon with David Tutera is a ticketed event, right? How do you go about getting tickets, etc? Sounds like an amazing event!!

Thanks!:lovestruc

The address is: disneyurl dot com / bridalshowcase

The Showcase with Lunch is $75, without Lunch it's $25. The Illuminations at EPCOT is $35.

seaprincess
01-10-2011, 10:44 PM
Thank you very much! Was able to get registered and make my payment! Can't wait~should be a lot of fun and can't wait until March!!

Sccrmnky2005
01-11-2011, 08:22 AM
Is the Bridal Showcase the same thing as the open house in August? I would hope not as I was not impressed with the open house quality of everything.

Yes, the studio was newly rennovated but I could've seen that anytime. Yes, they had a Q and A session but wasn't too impressed as everything is answered on these boards.

I was expecting more set up/ choices that are available to you is: linens, rental equipment, chairs, tables, flowers etc... I was under the impression that the open house would show a few options of set up, but it didn't show anything :confused3

I was planning on going to the showcase in March but if it's going to be like the Open House that I went to for FREE in August then I will change my plans, as I can spend that money on something else... I'm hoping this bridal showcase will show more things disney has to offer, like I listed above what's available to you, what you can use, ideas, and table set ups. I don't need to pay $110 for a Q and A session.

LuvLuvLuv
01-11-2011, 10:32 AM
I don't need to pay $110 for a Q and A session.

i hear ya there!! from what i read it will be much more than an open house this year. i did call and ask about the luncheon. they couldn't tell me what was being served. (i have allergies so i was concerned) i asked what all it entailed for $50. they said lunch and 2 presentations. it's 2 1/2 hours long to sit and watch presentations? i can't be trapped in a chair that long. i dropped the luncheon but kept the rest. i'm excited about the dessert party!! my stepmom decided to go with me, so i had them take my $$ from the luncheon and add her to the showcase and dp... i just had to pay $10 extra.

and FYI: if you go to the dessert party, you MUST take the transportation that leaves from the grand floridian. i asked because i had a yachtsman ressie prior to, and they said i couldn't get in from the international gateway.

julierocks
01-12-2011, 09:52 PM
Does anyone know if there's a deadline to sign up? Also, is there a limit to how many people they will allow to come?

johnscafide
01-13-2011, 01:00 PM
Does anyone know if there's a deadline to sign up? Also, is there a limit to how many people they will allow to come?

I want to say Friday, the 18th. If you go to The Wedding Pavilion, there is a Pre-Registration on Friday for the show.

I'm not sure that there is a limit. I signed up 3 people on the same registration, and it seems like you can add as many as you like.

julierocks
01-13-2011, 04:10 PM
Thanks! :thumbsup2

disney25
01-16-2011, 11:45 PM
does anyone know the location for the dessert party? which country in EPCOT?

johnscafide
01-17-2011, 08:59 AM
does anyone know the location for the dessert party? which country in EPCOT?

It's a surprise. Disney wouldn't tell me on the phone. Well, when I called the second time, the girl said they have very limited information about this whole weekend. What they do know is what has been written out on the registration site, and that there will be consultants there to speak with everyone, one-on-one.

Let's bring on the fun!

johnscafide
01-18-2011, 12:28 PM
Just got word from Disney that the Dessert Party on Saturday night is in France.

Wished it would have been in Italy, however, can't complain! :cool1:

LuvLuvLuv
01-18-2011, 12:51 PM
yay!

i can't wait to go! i hope my mom loves the dessert party :cutie:

johnscafide
01-18-2011, 12:56 PM
LuvLuvLuv,

Noticed your wedding is about a month after ours. Have you started any of the planning? I know it's a while away, but it seems like it's going to be so soon!

LuvLuvLuv
01-18-2011, 02:09 PM
LuvLuvLuv,

Noticed your wedding is about a month after ours. Have you started any of the planning? I know it's a while away, but it seems like it's going to be so soon!

yeah, we've done a lot of planning!

*wedding pavilion/napa room
*staying at BLT - 1 Bedroom MK View
*silver, black and sparkles theming
*narrowed down to 2 dresses :)

we're getting there! i have a PJ if you want to check it out!! Good luck with your planning!!! It is sooner than most think!!

johnscafide
01-19-2011, 01:28 AM
yeah, we've done a lot of planning!

*wedding pavilion/napa room
*staying at BLT - 1 Bedroom MK View
*silver, black and sparkles theming
*narrowed down to 2 dresses :)

we're getting there! i have a PJ if you want to check it out!! Good luck with your planning!!! It is sooner than most think!!

Yea, so ..... umm, I just read your entire PJ, and it's quite the AWESOMENESS! I thought I was already super excited (for a guy), and you just upped that by about..... oh, 110%!

Maybe we'll see you there in March. I read you booked then canceled POP for the renting of DVC points. I was going to do the same thing (for Boardwalk instead of POP), however I couldn't spend more money for just two nights, and instead, I'm treating my girl and her mom to a special dinner. It also happens to be her birthday that next week, so it'll be quite special.

Getting stoked by the minute!

lurkyloo
01-20-2011, 02:08 PM
Here are the hotels and discounts being offered through Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings' room block during the week of the Bridal Showcase:

All-Star Music: $90/night + tax

Port Orleans Riverside: $125/night + tax

Contemporary Resort: $200/night + tax

Grand Floridian Resort: $375/night + tax

Note that these rates are better than the Annual Passholder discount being offered at that time and the Early Spring discount available to the general public. (The exception is All-Star Music—that rate is about what you'd get with one of these other discounts.)

The phone number to call is 407-827-6799.

johnscafide
01-26-2011, 01:38 AM
So, I may not be thinking correctly at 1:30 in the morning, but it just came to me... How do we get from our Hotel (We booked Pop Century) to the WP at 7am on Saturday the day of the showcase? Will there be a bus that will run that early? Very nervous about how we will get there.. unless we are forced to take a cab?

Thanks...

LuvLuvLuv
01-26-2011, 09:09 AM
Here's the Schedule that I have on my Email for Saturday:

8:00am-5:00pm Registration
((Pre Registration on Friday from 1-5pm))

9:00am-5:30 Bridal Showcase

10:30-11:30 Panel of Experts (We chose the early one)

8:00pm-9:30pm Epcot Dessert Party

------

You should be fine to get there after 8:00am. We're having breakfast at Kona at 8:00 and then going over. The easiest way to get there will probably take the MK bus and jump on the monorail or boat. We're about 7 weeks away!!!

julierocks
01-29-2011, 11:01 AM
Does anyone know if there will be decor options set up, other than the one room that was set up last time that I read about in this post? I'm interested in viewing choices for linens, chairs, floral, etc. Has anyone asked a Disney rep about the details of the open house?

Sccrmnky2005
02-28-2011, 08:45 AM
Hoping to finalize everything this week for our trip.

When is the actual luncheon, time, location, etc? I'm trying to get DF to go golfing while me and my mom are at the luncheon and then make sure he's got enough time to come back to the hotel and get ready and go to the dessert party with us.

LuvLuvLuv
02-28-2011, 09:19 AM
Hoping to finalize everything this week for our trip.

When is the actual luncheon, time, location, etc? I'm trying to get DF to go golfing while me and my mom are at the luncheon and then make sure he's got enough time to come back to the hotel and get ready and go to the dessert party with us.

I want to say the luncheon is 11:30-1:30 (almost sure of this one), or 12-2, or 12:30-2:30, lol. It was for sure 2 hours, but I canceled that part because of my food allergies and the lack-luster explanation of it from a castmember when I called event services.

The exact time is in your confirmation email... I just can't get to my personal email at work--and I'm not getting any service on my phone to get it either. You may try calling: 407.827.7600

For the dessert party, you have to meet at the Grand Floridian Convention Center for the bus which leaves at 7:45. The dessert party starts at 8. They said you have to take the bus and that they will not let you in at the International Gateway.

In other bridal showcase news.... In case anyone was wondering. I have sent 2 emails, and have had 2 phone calls into Event Services.

I have been questioning the sample sizes of dresses they are bringing for the appointments. I told them I wanted to cancel my appointment if I would be expected to squash into a 10 or a 12. They said to keep it and they'd look into it. I wanted to show my stepmom the Snow White dress. The emails gave a paragraph each that didn't answer my questions. Kind of like a back handed "I don't know". So then I called and was told they'd call me back, this was twice and my last call was over a week ago--no call back from either. So I'm calling back today to cancel--I'm not going to put myself into a potentially embarrassing situation. That's a half hour of my life I could use for Basin White shopping.

johnscafide
02-28-2011, 12:02 PM
In other bridal showcase news.... In case anyone was wondering. I have sent 2 emails, and have had 2 phone calls into Event Services.

I have been questioning the sample sizes of dresses they are bringing for the appointments. I told them I wanted to cancel my appointment if I would be expected to squash into a 10 or a 12. They said to keep it and they'd look into it. I wanted to show my stepmom the Snow White dress. The emails gave a paragraph each that didn't answer my questions. Kind of like a back handed "I don't know". So then I called and was told they'd call me back, this was twice and my last call was over a week ago--no call back from either. So I'm calling back today to cancel--I'm not going to put myself into a potentially embarrassing situation. That's a half hour of my life I could use for Basin White shopping.

A facebook user on the Disney Showcase Event (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=160784150624963) page asked about this. http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=180109692025742&id=694088479

My fiancée had wondered about this as well, and I saw this posting. Hope it helps! She has a 3:40pm appointment.

LuvLuvLuv
02-28-2011, 01:37 PM
A facebook user on the Disney Showcase Event (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=160784150624963) page asked about this. http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=180109692025742&id=694088479

My fiancée had wondered about this as well, and I saw this posting. Hope it helps! She has a 3:40pm appointment.

hey hey! since i'm at work, i can't pull up facebook... but kinda want to know what it says :) can you sum it up for me??? thanks! (my phone has no service at work either--boo)

johnscafide
02-28-2011, 01:52 PM
For any specific sizes, send an email to info@disneyweddings.com and let them know your approx. size. They will try to accommodate requests...

LuvLuvLuv
02-28-2011, 03:41 PM
thanks for the reply :) i realized after i hit send that i didn't even say please :rotfl2:

sorry about that... i was in the middle of an intense work project, lol. i'll have to check that FB page out when i get home tonight! see you in a couple weeks!!

Sccrmnky2005
02-28-2011, 03:50 PM
I finally took the plunge and booked everything, we are staying at all star music, and DF will be golfing during the day while me and my mom go to the luncheon and then meeting back up with us to go to the dessert party!! I can't wait!!! :banana::banana:

I was upset at the answer on one of the questions on the FB event, as a lady asked if they could book/pay for the dessert party without the showcase, and the reply was yes of course, etc... But I tried to do just the dessert party for DF as he's only doing that and it wouldn't allow me :confused3 oh well only saves us $25 nothing to bad I guess.

LuvLuvLuv
02-28-2011, 04:14 PM
I finally took the plunge and booked everything, we are staying at all star music, and DF will be golfing during the day while me and my mom go to the luncheon and then meeting back up with us to go to the dessert party!! I can't wait!!! :banana::banana:

I was upset at the answer on one of the questions on the FB event, as a lady asked if they could book/pay for the dessert party without the showcase, and the reply was yes of course, etc... But I tried to do just the dessert party for DF as he's only doing that and it wouldn't allow me :confused3 oh well only saves us $25 nothing to bad I guess.

Yay!! My stepmom and I are getting excited too!! We plan on breakfast at Kona, get to the GF early, morning panel of experts, lunch at the grand floridian cafe, back for the dress fitting, shopping at basin white... then back to the resort until the dessert party :) Don't forget your camera!!! I hope the luncheon ends up being more fun than the castmember made it sound to me... you'll have to let us know!!

Katiebugg14
02-28-2011, 09:16 PM
I am so excited. My Fiance and I are flying down just for this event!! It happens to work out perfectly with having our Engagement session and getting a trial run for hair and make up right before!! I can't wait for the dessert party!! See you all real soon!!

Anyone staying at the Contemporary??

:banana: (thought he was cute lol)

johnscafide
03-08-2011, 10:26 AM
Has everyone received the email about the one hour survey on Thursday and Friday 3/17 and 3/18? I filled out the form from the email and received a call today saying I was picked. It's one hour at the contemporary, after the survey, we'll be getting a $100 Disney gift card.

Anyone else doing this?

Katiebugg14
03-08-2011, 01:17 PM
Yes I am doing it also. I am on thurs, I'm excited to see what it is going be like.

johnscafide
03-08-2011, 01:29 PM
Yes I am doing it also. I am on thurs, I'm excited to see what it is going be like.

Let us know how it was. I'm curious what we'd be talking about for an hour.

julierocks
03-08-2011, 10:12 PM
I also got a call today asking to participate in the one hour survey. They said I would receive a confirmation email telling me where to go at the Contemporary (I'm on Friday). Haven't received it yet though :confused3

wendyiam
03-09-2011, 12:23 AM
So a question for those more experienced in these type of things, I'm a local to orlando and to disney.
I only have friday off of work, do you ladies think it would it even be worth going just for friday? I have already seen the venues. Will there be anything else going on?

Thanks for your opinion!

johnscafide
03-10-2011, 12:15 AM
I also got a call today asking to participate in the one hour survey. They said I would receive a confirmation email telling me where to go at the Contemporary (I'm on Friday). Haven't received it yet though :confused3

Got the email today. Did you get yours?

Watson34
03-10-2011, 01:17 AM
yay!

i can't wait to go! i hope my mom loves the dessert party :cutie:

I feel very lucky to go to disney. All I need is to get a chance.. Which I dont have now. :( want to see it soon.

johnscafide
03-10-2011, 10:43 AM
So a question for those more experienced in these type of things, I'm a local to orlando and to disney.
I only have friday off of work, do you ladies think it would it even be worth going just for friday? I have already seen the venues. Will there be anything else going on?

Thanks for your opinion!

I'm not a lady, but I'll try to tackle your question. :laughing:

Friday seems like a huge day with a lot going on, convention center type. Between one-on-one with experts and consultants, lunch with david, showcasing the new dresses, and inspirational ideas for your wedding.

I feel if you are actually doing a Disney wedding, and local enough not to have to spend a lot on transportation/lodging, then it's a great idea to go.

LuvLuvLuv
03-10-2011, 10:51 AM
Friday is only pre-registration and the Ceremony Site Tours. Some have pre-scheduled one on one meetings at the Contemporary.

Saturday is the Showcase, Luncheon, Dress Fittings and Dessert Party.

Sunday is a tour of the Reception Sites.

The registration website states that the Ceremony and Reception tours for Friday and Sunday are Full.

Maybe they'll have another one in the fall??

wendyiam
03-10-2011, 07:40 PM
I'm not a lady, but I'll try to tackle your question. :laughing:

Friday seems like a huge day with a lot going on, convention center type. Between one-on-one with experts and consultants, lunch with david, showcasing the new dresses, and inspirational ideas for your wedding.

I feel if you are actually doing a Disney wedding, and local enough not to have to spend a lot on transportation/lodging, then it's a great idea to go.

thanks for the info!

julierocks
03-12-2011, 12:08 AM
I finally got my email about the meeting next week...

So there isn't anything set up for Friday? I thought Friday was 1-5 for the showcase, as well as Saturday...

johnscafide
03-12-2011, 05:36 AM
I finally got my email about the meeting next week...

So there isn't anything set up for Friday? I thought Friday was 1-5 for the showcase, as well as Saturday...

Friday is just the ceremony tours and pre-registration for the showcase. Saturday is the big day...

Queenofthecastle
03-12-2011, 04:09 PM
Is the showcase something that Disney does annually? Will they have another one next spring?

lurkyloo
03-12-2011, 07:16 PM
This is the first time they've done an event this big. They did a smaller showcase last fall. Right now they are taking a "wait and see" approach, but if this one is a success there will probably be others in the future.

m1720
03-13-2011, 09:57 PM
Less than a week till the showcase. I cant wait to attend it. I am sure it will be a ton of fun. Specially the dessert party.

Katiebugg14
03-13-2011, 11:13 PM
I know I"m so excited!!!

wendyiam
03-15-2011, 12:29 AM
Yay! I found someone to take my shift for saturday so i just bought my tickets! I'm really excited! :banana: I overheard some girls at work saying they weren't even in relationships and were just going so they could try on dresses lol. I told myself if they aren't even engaged and are going, I just HAVE to go because I really am planning a wedding. lol