PDA

View Full Version : High Tea Onboard

engle
01-09-2011, 08:43 AM
What is it like? I have done tea only at the Grand Floridian and it is a lovely experience...is it similar? Can anyone explain??

kcashner
01-09-2011, 10:14 AM
Tea is offered only on cruises of 7 nights or longer. It is on sea days and requires a reservation--adults only. 3 pm in Palo. You make reservations on line in advance or at Palo Ressies after boarding.

You'll choose the type of tea you want; all else is a fixed menu. You'll be served some scones with marmelade and clotted cream, finger sandwiches, some sweets, and end with a trifle; it's way more than I can eat! Yummy, a fun afternoon break.

Just to be complete, there is also a family event of "tea with Alice (used to be Wendy) where the kids go thru a bit of a tea service with apple juice and cookies. Free, tickets required, get them at Guest Services for 7 night or longer sailings. My personal plea: if you get tickets and later find that you will not use them, PLEASE turn them in, even at the last minute. There are always people turned away for lack of tickets and no seats available. I didn't think my crew would be interested on one sailing, and it was too late to get tickets when I found out they wanted to attend; later a Disboard friend commented that she had 5 tickets that her family had decided to not use (as in "I wish I had known you wanted them.) YOU don't need to know. Just give them to GS or to the CM at the door of the event!

Gigi22
01-09-2011, 11:41 AM
OP, the high tea experience at sea is not nearly as nice as the tea at the GF. It is a break, but not nearly on par with having brunch at Palo. If there is a choice, have the brunch!

inkkognito
01-09-2011, 11:47 AM
High tea was on the 4 night Wonder cruises starting last year too (no sure yet about Dream).

clhemsath
01-09-2011, 12:38 PM
I had High Tea on my 5 night cruise last year during the at sea day. I haven't had tea at GF, but I thought the afternoon was very nice and well worth the $5 charge. The women of my group got dressed up and had a relaxing meal. Here are some pictures that my sister in law took.

Menu
http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/yy217/clhemsath/menu.jpg

Sandwiches
http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/yy217/clhemsath/Sandwich.jpg

Desserts
http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/yy217/clhemsath/Desserts.jpg

Ending
http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/yy217/clhemsath/ending.jpg

tinkmom2
01-09-2011, 01:31 PM
High tea was on the 4 night Wonder cruises starting last year too (no sure yet about Dream).

The DCL site is saying they are offering high tea on 4 nite cruises and longer and there are updated videos of Remy's and the new Palos on the Dream.

Our 2 Princesses
01-09-2011, 06:41 PM
Thanks for posting pictures! I can't wait till my dh and I get to do this in a month!! :goodvibes

pxlbarrel
01-09-2011, 06:45 PM
Oh my, that looks delicious. I love tea. I tried getting ressies our our first and only cruise (so far) and failed miserably. :(

Will try again in June (or when i can make Palo reservations!)

Btw, isn't it technically "afternoon tea"? (hehe, I laugh because it's such an issue on some trip boards.)

biohaz_man
01-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Oh my, that looks delicious. I love tea. I tried getting ressies our our first and only cruise (so far) and failed miserably. :(

Will try again in June (or when i can make Palo reservations!)

Btw, isn't it technically "afternoon tea"? (hehe, I laugh because it's such an issue on some trip boards.)

DCL usually reserves a fair chunk of reservations for booking onboard. On our last cruise we went straight to Rockin' Bar D to book Palo High Tea and didn't have any problem, just have to get there before the rush.

pxlbarrel
01-10-2011, 05:39 PM
DCL usually reserves a fair chunk of reservations for booking onboard. On our last cruise we went straight to Rockin' Bar D to book Palo High Tea and didn't have any problem, just have to get there before the rush.

I went to the Rockin Bar D as soon as I got on board ... ran there in fact ... which is pretty good considering it was my first time on the ship. I was already #3 on the waiting list ... and we got on board at noon.