PDA

View Full Version : Halloween, Christmas, CBR or BC???

BippityBoppity
01-07-2011, 09:57 AM
I thought I had done all my research but I find myself with a dilemma. I was very fortunate and got another chance at a pincode. :yay: Got one last year and had things booked but my gut kept telling me that we needed to cancel. So, I caved and cancelled. Turns out that we had a move in store for us back home to Texas and on top of everything else......the time frame we were going to the world was the exact week my sister passed away. So, the Lord moves in mysterious ways. Now, we have a second chance at a pin. The only two times we've been to DW was during the first week of December which was awesome!!! But now, I wonder if we should try out Halloween??? Is Halloween really worth it??? Our pin would actually end on Oct 29th but I am thinking there would still be halloween stuff going on. If not then we would go during the end of Nov instead.

Next question.....CBR or BC??? We've only stayed at POFQ in the past. Loved it both times due to size. But, I'm ready to spread my wings and try another resort. I love the price of the moderates with my pin.....$700 but with a deluxe it's double of course. Is a deluxe REALLY worth the extra $$$

Please give my your advice because you are all experts compared to my two little trips. I just really can't decide and it's really getting frustrating to me. I read and research and still can't decide. I hate spending the $$$ on deluxe but then again, I may never get another chance at a pin. Please help me decide.

Oh and how are crowds during Halloween compared to the first week of Dec?

Thank you so much for your help.:thanks::daisy::tigger::ccat:

akl-fan
01-07-2011, 10:39 AM
October is fairly quiet but there is the food and wine festival that makes the BC/ Epcot area very busy. Haloween celebrations start mid September, which is very low season but with great weather. Mickeys Haloween party at the Magic Kingdom start about September 20th. We usually go in September and never queue for more than 10 minutes except for Toy Story Mania.
As for the BC OR CBR it is all a matter of individual choice. I would not pay twice as much to visit BC as we go ( to the World) for 14 days every year and the cost would really mount up. However if this is the chance of a life time then why not splash out. It sounds like you have had a really tough year. I was very sorry to hear about your sister.
Have you thought about one of the lodges? WL and AKL are deluxe resorts but are usually much cheaper than BC.
CBR is a nice resort but very spread out so be prepared for a lot of walking if you choose it. It also only has double beds. If you decided to go for a moderate go with CSR OR PORfq if you prefer Queen beds.
Hope this helps.

RMulieri
01-07-2011, 02:06 PM
BC hands down if you can afford it..The ability to walk to 2 parks can not be beat.CBR is my least favorite resort in all of WDW.the internal bus system annoys me, the busses in general were a pain and the resort was too spread out for my tastes