PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for at-home wedding followed by a Disneymoon?

Courtney88
01-06-2011, 10:03 PM
As much as I would of loved a small and simple Disney wedding, it unfortunately isn't feasible for my fiance and myself - too many close family members who would not be able to make the trip. So our wedding will be taking place at home in Michigan, but we will be doing a Disneymoon! I'm looking for advice on a few different subjects:

1. Any ideas on little Disney touches I can insert into our wedding? I can't get too over the top, because my fiance likes Disney World, but isn't a huge fan of the movies and doesn't want anything the guests might think is 'little-kiddish'. So far I've talked about DIYing favors and doing Mickey rice krispie treats with the ears dipped in chocolate and using the Up 'My Adventure Book' as a guestbook. I also have the Snow White dress from Alfred Angelo's Disney line =) Any other ideas?

2. Father-daughter song. My dad and I are the really big huge Disney fans...everyone else likes it okay, but we're the obsessed ones! So I'd like to find a Disney song for the father/daughter dance/ I've come across "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman. But I think my dad really wants something that's actually from a Disney park or movie, and I'm kind of stuck. I'm considering "We Go On", but what do you guys think?

3. We are currently booked at the Contemporary for our Disneymoon. I love the idea of having a super-close view of the Magic Kingdom and being in the tower so when we walk out of our room we're in the main building by the monorail. But I'm starting to wonder if I should change it to Polynesian for a more romantic atmosphere. Or maybe even switch to Beach Club, where we could afford to upgrade to a villa! Again, opinions?

Pumbaa7287
01-06-2011, 10:50 PM
Beache Club has the added perk of walk in access to Epcot, and Boat access to the Hollywood studios!

For songs... You'll be in my heart from Tarzan is a good Disney one... Father and Daughter by Paul Simon is a good non-Disney... Hope that helps!

figmentfan0724
01-06-2011, 11:05 PM
i got married in july and had a lot of simple and lots of not so simple touches in our weddin...if you wanna see pics pm me..