PDA

View Full Version : Cost of Hair and Makeup

CastlePrincess
01-04-2011, 01:57 PM
So I am usually just a lurker on the boards but after much searching, have not been able to find a solid answer to my debate about hair and makeup. I will be getting married in Disneyland on 7/9/11. I am looking at booking Fairytale Hair and Makeup for myself and 4 bridesmaids. I will also be booking a second hair and makeup session for myself the day after the wedding when we do our castle photo shoot (which will require a 4am hair/makeup appt which I'm sure costs extra). I have no idea what hair and make up should cost and would like to get some comparisons. I have been quoted around $1100 (thats with a 10% discount for a party of 5) for hair and make up for myself (2x) and my 4 bridesmaids. Is this reasonable? What did others spend for similar services?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

princesswendy720
01-04-2011, 02:21 PM
That seems a little high to me, but I'm pricing in Florida so Cali might be higher. I am paying $130 for hair and makeup for myself (times six for comparison is $780). I can't imagine an early morning fee being over $100. The pricing I have also includes air brush makeup (regular is cheaper).

Mindyjoy
01-04-2011, 04:47 PM
I also think that sounds a little high but I have nothing to really compare it to, since I will be having a friend do my hair and makeup.

I just wanted to chime in an politely request you consider writing a planning journal! I am just starting to plan my Disneyland wedding and there aren't enough Disneyland brides on here!!! I love reading about everyone's ideas. :goodvibes

lurkyloo
01-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Unfortunately, California prices are just higher than Florida prices. When I started looking for hair & makeup for a photo session at Disneyland, some places were charging $200 or even $300. :scared1: I eventually went with a girl I found on Craig's List, who was cheaper but not as experienced. (She has since left the business, so I can't recommend her.)

You might try searching Yelp.com or the Knot's local board for Orange County.

sunflwer555
01-07-2011, 01:23 PM
I had Fairytale Hair and Makeup do my hair & makeup for my wedding. I found their rates very comparable to the others in the area. And they came highly recommended by Disney. I had hair & makeup for myself and my 6 bridesmaids. Since we had a large party, She gave us a discount. She also had told me about the rates for the castle photo shoot, which I found her rate pretty understandable being it was just me that she was doing at 4am.

My friend is getting married in Disney World. Fairytale is also recommended there. But the rates there are far less. I guess its just the area.

Good luck, but with my research, you do get what you pay for.princess: