View Full Version : some silly questions that I'm sure have already been asked
01-04-2011, 12:36 PM
we've never done ddp before so i have some silly questions to ask
1. when we do ts do we tell our waiter before we order that we're using our ddp credits, or not until we pay?
2. If we order additional items that ddp doesn't cover (like apps, or alcohol) do we reveive a separate bill from the bill we would receive for our ts credit?
3. I saw this was just asked but want to clarify, you are able to order any entree regardless of cost and it is still covered by your ddp? there's no surcharge if you order the most expensive items?
thanks for your knowledge and patience with this ddp newbie!
01-04-2011, 12:45 PM
They will almost always (ok, probably always) ask if you're on the dining plan the minute they greet you. They will probably explain what you get with it, if you're new at it.
You will get a separate bill for additional items (alcoholic drinks, apps, etc) and often the tip is already included in those so make sure you check that.
I believe there are a FEW items at some locations that may not be included (I'm thinking of a sushi item at Cali Grill, but that's all I can think of). I almost always order a filet which is one of the most expensive things on most menus, and have never been upcharged. Again, I'm sure the waiter will let you know of this, whenever you tell them you're on the dining plan.
Have a great trip! We have the most fun planning our ADR's, then we plan our park days around the food! ;)
01-04-2011, 12:50 PM
I thought I'd add at some places like LeCellier you can get a drink other than tea or soda. They tell you upfront that you can & that makes it so nice. The smoothies there are great!
The plan is really easy to use & they explain it at every single restaurant about what you can & can not get on the plan.
01-04-2011, 01:52 PM
1. Technically, you don't have to tell them you're using the dining plan until it's time to pay. But they'll ask anyway when you're seated, and not telling them at that time could cause some delays when it's time to settle the bill. Additionally, the server will explain to you what your entitlements are, and this is a perfect time to ask any questions such as wether certain beverages would be covered.
2. You will receive an additional bill for anything above and beyond your plan entitlements. Typically, you will receive a full bill for the meal, then an updated bill with plan entitlements zeroed out after your dining credits are applied.
3. Yes, any entree. There are a very few exceptions listed in the FAQ in this subforum, and most of them have to do with desserts or deluxe plan appetizers. The one notable exception is that there is a specific platter at Restaurant Marrakesh that has an upcharge (since it really includes appetizers as well).
01-04-2011, 02:34 PM
thank you for the detailed answers!
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.