PDA

View Full Version : Loews Card ?

Pages : [1] 2 3

tdelano
09-12-2002, 12:08 PM
What benefits are received with a Loews card? Where do you get one? Thanks.

karin037
09-12-2002, 12:20 PM
You can get it here: http://www.loewshotels.com/loewsfirst.asp

Fan2CSkr
09-12-2002, 12:22 PM
Benefits for Loews Blue:

loews first blue

Loews First Blue membership is automatic with a completed enrollment form.

Loews First Blue Benefits:

•Welcome Gift - including vintage Chardonnay or red wine, seasonal fruit, bottled water, or cookies and milk
•Free Newspaper Delivery - The Wall Street Journal, USA Today or the local paper
•Upgrade to Business Class room at time of reservation (if available).
•Free access to the Fitness Center.
•500 American Airlines® AAdvantage® or Midwest Express® miles or 500 Amtrak Guest Rewards points.*

^Blackout dates and some restrictions may apply.
*Miles will be awarded once per stay.
American Airlines® and AAdvantage® are registered trademarks of American Airlines, Inc. Midwest Express is a registered trademark of Midwest Express Airlines.
Loews First benefits and mileage awards are based upon completion of a qualifying stay at any Loews Hotel. A qualifying stay is at any rate published by the hotel. Group, negotiated and third party rates do not apply.

Loews Hotels (http://www.loewshotels.com/loewsfirst.asp)

bjakmom
09-14-2002, 06:59 AM
The best Loew's First perk for me was the separate check-in line (8/23). The regular check in line was quite long, but we walked right up to the members desk - ditto when we had to replace our room cards during our stay! I had requested the white wine and was expecting a mini bottle of generic wine, not a full bottle of Mondavi's Coastal, left on ice, which lasted me the whole vacation! (Had to ask 3 times before it was delivered, though)

Leigh123
09-15-2002, 01:47 PM
Does anyone know if lowes owns the HrH as well?

WebmasterBarry
09-15-2002, 04:56 PM
They do, last I heard.

kathyclownfish
09-17-2002, 08:32 PM
Does anyone know if Loews sends you a physical card? I applied on line a few weeks ago and haven't heard anything. Usually they send an automatic email telling you they received your info and a card or whatever will be forthcoming. What do I tell them at checkin it I don't have a card??:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Fan2CSkr
09-17-2002, 09:10 PM
Call Loews 800# give them your name and they will give you your # on the phone until you get your card.

Bing
09-21-2002, 10:13 AM
To get this card does it cost you money if so How much? I did check out the site link above and the site said nothing about it Im just wondering if there is some hidden fee??

Thanks for your help
Only 3 weeks and 4 day for our FIRST trip to USF and IOA !!!!!

the Dark Marauder
09-21-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Leigh123
Does anyone know if lowes owns the HrH as well? they own the Royal Pacific, not HRH. HRH is owned by the Hard Rock company(what their "official name is, i dont know. the Rank Group or something like that), which is totally independent from Lowes.

rebbeca
09-21-2002, 03:51 PM
I assumed that the Hard Rock was owned by Loews. I called the number on my Loews Card and made the reservation. They offered me a Fan Club rate and even asked what gift I would like.

Fan2CSkr
09-21-2002, 04:57 PM
I thought Universal, Loews and Rank Group PLC were all partners.
Loews operates all 3 properties.

WebmasterBarry
09-21-2002, 10:28 PM
I saw the HRH on the Loews website a while back.

Now I'm confused. :confused:

Bing
09-22-2002, 02:41 PM
I posted a question about the card costing money but the topic went to if loew owned HRH which they do cause thats why I want to get the card for the benefits at HRH.

Thanks

pauldents
09-22-2002, 04:03 PM
The Loews card costs nothing and there are no hidden fees, not even postage.

PS I were told by a HRH staff member the only part of the HRH the Hard Rock owns is the shop and the memorablilia. Loews owns the rest.

Fan2CSkr
09-22-2002, 04:22 PM
"And, as part of a joint venture with Universal, Inc. and the Rank Organization, Loews Hotels opened two hotels located at Universal Orlando. The 750-room Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando, a Loews Hotel, opened in September 1999, followed by the 650-room Hard Rock Hotel in February 2001. The third hotel, the 1,000-room Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando, a Loews Hotel, will open in Fall 2002".

contact us
Loews Hotels
667 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10021

This was printed on the Loews website.

skiwee1
09-25-2002, 06:08 PM
I would think Loews did own the HRH. When I made reservations at the HRH and told them I was a Loews card holder they asked for all my Loews preferences.

minniemmom
09-28-2002, 04:35 PM
I just enrolled on-line for the Loew's card and they said it took 3-5 weeks if you enroll on-line, quicker if you call their 800#. Then at the bottom, it said click on the Loew's hotel of you choice for info; HRH was listed.

minniemmom
09-28-2002, 04:35 PM
I just enrolled on-line for the Loew's card and they said it took 3-5 weeks if you enroll on-line, quicker if you call their 800#. Then at the bottom, it said click on the Loew's hotel of you choice for info; HRH was listed.

Bob Noble
10-22-2002, 08:58 AM
Not sure if this was corrected but all the properties at Universal are LOEWS properties. I have stayed at the HRH about 7 times and always get the LOEWS treatment, points, free wine etc.
Bob

tiggerguy2000
10-29-2002, 11:32 PM
I got mine last year but never used it on my last trip because they gave me two nights free with turn down service at the HH. First trip when it just opened was a nightmare.

corvair
11-07-2002, 01:11 PM
Just wondering how long it takes for your card. I applied on line at least 5 weeks ago and it still has not arrived. I have made ressies at the HRH. Should I just call the 800 number to get my card? thanks...amy

uotomorrow
11-08-2002, 07:40 PM
All three resorts are co-owned by Universal Orlando and Loews Hotels. Universal Orlando is actually owned by several companies, most notably, Vivendi. The hotels benefit by having the management technique and policies of Loews Hotels.

PartyofSix
11-13-2002, 03:59 PM
It takes quite sometime to get your actual cards from them. I applied back in May and rec'd my card which I lost in September. I called to ask for another one and they told me I was a Gold memeber so I would get a new one anyways which I still have not seen todate. Don't hold your breathe for the card just be sure you do have your number handy it was an act of congress when I checked in to finally get my perks the first trip because I did not have my number with me. The card is a piece of paper the size of a cc I would have thought it would have atleast been plastic. Maybe that's platuim status.LOL

chucknrita
11-18-2002, 07:35 PM
Does anyone know if Loews matches other hotels' cards as far as status goes? I'm a Starwood Gold member...will Loews match it even if I don't have the required number of stays?

Debsi
11-19-2002, 04:20 AM
Does anyone know the telephone number? I have enrolled online but need to call them for my membership number!

Thanks

Debbie

Bete
11-19-2002, 11:29 AM
I just got mine and I think it's a great free perk.

Muffy
11-21-2002, 05:18 AM
I applied one month ago and still no card. guess I better give them a call. I would love it if they would match my Plat SPG status!

corvair
11-21-2002, 05:41 AM
I have been waiting 2 months and still have not got mine.. what takes so long?? amy

PartyofSix
11-21-2002, 08:06 AM
They are really slow about getting out there cards. Took me over 4 months and 5 calls to get mine then I misplaced it. I'm waiting on my gold card to come it's been two months now.

ozziewags
12-07-2002, 09:45 AM
Loews will match your Starwood status. I went platinum last summer and faxed my Starwood card to Loews and they made me platinum too. I can't remember if they sent me a card, but I can't find it now(I do have the gold one), but they said all you need is your number. I will be sure to have that. About 5 weeks ago I called and asked them to send me a new card. They said it would take 6 weeks, but I am not holding my breath either!

corvair
12-07-2002, 05:06 PM
I have been waiting over 3 months for my card. How long does it take????? thanks..amy

Aisling
12-07-2002, 09:02 PM
I received my Loew's card about a week after I joined online. I think maybe you should call and strongly ask them to send you the card.

corvair
12-08-2002, 06:53 AM
Thanks for the reply. I even called and got my number about 2 months later, I ask her where my card was. She said oh, it will be there any day... I signed up on line also. I think I will call again...amy

Muffy
12-15-2002, 05:43 AM
I finally got my Lowes card yesterday! Now I have to fax them my SPG Plat Status papers and I am set!

dreamflight99
01-04-2003, 02:29 PM
PLATINUM...all the way! I LOVE the PBH...FOTLA and the PLAT upgrades! :p Spread the word!!!;)

LuvN~Travel
01-16-2003, 05:37 PM
I haven't read much on this forum in a while, but I know you've said that it can give you free upgrades and such. Can the card also get you discounts on the rooms?
Kim

mattkatie7
01-16-2003, 05:40 PM
What are the benefits of Platinum level? I have a resevation for April at the Royal Pacific @ entertainment rate of 125.00 per night, will I get a room upgrade for being at platinum level?

ozziewags
01-16-2003, 06:59 PM
You should, depending on availability. Be sure to let them know beforehand and at checkin that you are platinum. I didn't have much luck at HRH, but they were very busy at Christmas. Noone seemed to be too knowledgable there. I got different answers from everyone on everything I asked before and during!

Bete
01-16-2003, 08:05 PM
This pamphlet explained about the room upgrade to business. I will show it if I have to. There's no room discount that I know of no matter what level you are.

ozziewags
01-16-2003, 09:33 PM
I should have explained a bit better......HRH automatically upgraded me to a pool view, which I found out when I got there, but my biggest request was for a larger room, no matter the view, as my kids are older. I could have had a kid suite(offered when I called a few days before) but I thought it had little kid furniture and small beds so declined. I found out later that it probably would have fit them fine. Anyway, they did offer club level at $25 so we took that. They did not give me the full 1500 miles for AA, only 500(had to call them). And we got our welcome gift on our last night!

islandlover
01-22-2003, 04:11 PM
I have booked two poolview rooms at HRH in February and am wondering whether I am eligible for an upgrade with my new Loews card even though it is not a gold or platinum. Thank you.

PartyofSix
01-22-2003, 04:53 PM
It's my understanding that only gold or platuim qualify for upgrades. But on the other hand like all hotels it's not uncommon to get a comp'd upgrade if your front desk clerk is having a great day.LOL

mom23guys2
01-22-2003, 09:37 PM
I am SPG Gold mainly due to my Starwood Amex card. Will Loews match this if I fax them a copy of my card or do Ineed to have the required stays for Gold?

ozziewags
01-22-2003, 09:51 PM
Yes, Loews will match Starwood and yes, you have to fax them a copy. Just call them, and ask for Elijah. He knows what's going on!

jeffemy
01-27-2003, 10:29 AM
How do you upgrade your Loews card to gold or platinum? Is it based on how many stays you accumulate? Thanks!:D

JessicaR
01-27-2003, 10:37 AM
loews first gold

Three qualifying stays at any Loews Hotel, or a minimum of ten nights total, is needed to move up to the Loews First Gold level.

Loews First Gold Benefits:
All the benefits of Loews First Blue plus:

•Guaranteed reservations with 48 hours advanced notice.^
•Upgrade to a suite for $35 additional at time of check-in (if available).
•1000 American Airlines® AAdvantage® or 1000 Amtrak Guest Rewards® points* or 500 Midwest Express® miles per stay

loews first platinum

With ten qualifying stays at any Loews Hotel, or a minimum of 25 nights total, comes the premium level of benefits and service offered by Loews First Platinum.

Loews First Platinum Benefits:
All the benefits of Loews First Blue plus:

•Guaranteed reservations with 24 hours advanced notice. This includes a guaranteed Business Class room if available at the time of reservation.^
•Upgrade to a suite for $35 additional at time of check-in (if available).
•1,000 American Airlines® AAdvantage® or Amtrak Guest Rewards® points* for the first night and 500 extra for every additional night stayed *or 500 Midwest Express® miles per stay.

Loews Hotels (http://www.loewshotels.com/loewsfirst.asp)

jeffemy
01-27-2003, 10:49 AM
Thanks Jessica!

Muffy
01-31-2003, 03:03 PM
Does anyone know if Loews has an 800 number? Thanks!

JessicaR
01-31-2003, 03:43 PM
1-800-23-LOEWS :)

spiceycat
02-05-2003, 11:09 AM
thanks for the information and the number!

sarehm
02-06-2003, 04:00 PM
Do you need to give your Loews membership number when you make your reservation or just tell them when you show up at the hotel?

ozziewags
02-06-2003, 04:13 PM
I did both, but never got my card, even after I called and requested another(several weeks ago). But all they need is your number. I bugged them to death!

Muffy
02-06-2003, 05:13 PM
Lowes just matched my Plat SPG. I was told by CS that Lowes Plat status never expires! I questioned the CSR as Starwood requires 40 stays in a calander year to remain Platinum. Can anyone confirm if this correct that Plat Lowes never expires? Thanks!

Muffy

floridalover
02-16-2003, 02:10 AM
How do you upgrade your card from blue to gold?
I have two rooms booked for 7 nights will that qualify as 14 nights ?

ozziewags
02-16-2003, 08:59 AM
If you have another hotel card that is gold status, you can call Loews and ask if they will match it.
As far as the 14 days, I think that if they are both in your name, yes. But if they go by 'stays' instead of 'days', it will be one(or maybe two for two rooms) stay(s).

JessicaR
02-16-2003, 09:12 AM
How do you upgrade your card from blue to gold?
"I have two rooms booked for 7 nights will that qualify as 14 nights ?"

The upgrade from blue to gold is based on completed stays. You may want to call the hotel and ask about the 2 rooms being qualifying for one stay.

nhrenee
02-21-2003, 04:05 PM
I was just wondering: is the $35 upgrade to a suite per night or per stay?

FeeFeeWhite
02-22-2003, 11:27 AM
Two rooms are only counted as one. I already called Loews First and this has been what has happened to us in the past.

nhrenee
02-22-2003, 01:50 PM
Sorry I wasn't clear. I meant if you are upraded and are staying for 2 nights, are you charged only $35 extra or are you charged $70 extra (2ntsx$35 upgrade)?

ozziewags
02-22-2003, 02:55 PM
I am pretty sure it is per night. We wanted this upgrade at Christmas and none was available, so they upgraded us to CL for $25 per night. IMHO, I didn't feel it was worth it.

jeffemy
02-23-2003, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by ozziewags
I am pretty sure it is per night. We wanted this upgrade at Christmas and none was available, so they upgraded us to CL for $25 per night. IMHO, I didn't feel it was worth it.

Why didn't you feel the upgrade was worth it? What is included at CL? Which hotel did you stay at?

ozziewags
02-23-2003, 09:49 AM
We stayed at Hard Rock. They offer continental breakfast items in the morning, appetizers in the late afternoon and cookies at night. We didn't get back for the appetizers and the cookies were oreos and chips ahoy. Breakfast was fine, all we needed. It was usually so crowded that there was no where to sit. Some of the parents had thier kids put their cookies back in the bowl because they thought they took too many. Fine for discipline, but not fine for sanitation!
The CL at the Swan at Disney was sooo much better. It was comfortable, well-presented, well taken care of and had much better selection and the cookies were home-made.......yum. I know....... I guess I am a snob!

JessicaR
02-23-2003, 10:30 PM
:wave: Hi Renee,

The last time we got the upgrade we were charged $35 extra one time only for a 3 night stay. I'm hoping we get lucky again in March!

nhrenee
02-24-2003, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone!

the Legend
03-07-2003, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by JessicaR
:The last time we got the upgrade we were charged $35 extra one time only for a 3 night stay. I'm hoping we get lucky again in March!

Im hoping to get lucky too!
Oh and the $35 upgrade too ;)

cjc
03-09-2003, 02:29 PM
I have just applied for my Loews card?
Will I be able to use and benefit from wine/papers......etc... on my first visit or do you only get this benefit on your second stay?
Thanks

ozziewags
03-09-2003, 04:32 PM
You should get the perks on your first visit! I hope you have better luck than we did. I had to call down and ask where it was, then the night before we left they brought it, but it wasn't what I had asked for upon checkin. Oh well.

Kayeil
03-09-2003, 11:55 PM
We are staying at HRH the end of May. I applied for the Loewe's card. What are the chances of us getting a room upgrade on our first visit? We currently have standard garden view. Would you consider the upgrade to be a standard pool view or a deluxe? Thanks!

nhrenee
03-10-2003, 07:30 AM
If it's a holiday period, not very good. If not, it's luck of the draw.
Have a great time!

cjc
03-10-2003, 03:04 PM
I plan to book my room at RPH via a UK travel agent (part of a package deal). If I show my Loews card - if I receive it - upon arrival will I qualify for the benefits?
Or will i be exempt as I used a travel agent?
CJ

JessicaR
03-10-2003, 04:26 PM
cjc,

If you havent received your card before you go just take the # with you and give that at check-in. You or your travel agent can call and have it added to your reservation as well. Have Fun! :)

cjc
03-11-2003, 01:08 PM
Sorry but excuse my ignorance - what is the # reference that you refer to?
I applied online and havent been given any reference number.
CJ

JessicaR
03-11-2003, 01:18 PM
cjc Sorry but excuse my ignorance - what is the # reference that you refer to?

I'm sorry for not being more specific:) Call this phone #
1.800.LOEWS12 and give them your name. They will give you your membership number over the phone. You can take that number with you and also call the resort and apply it to your reservation.

Muffinish
03-15-2003, 08:00 PM
Hi! I just made reservations for my brother for two nights at the RPH, and put it on my Visa. (He doesn't have a credit card and is very shy.) Anyone know if I can add my Loews membership # to his reservation? Thanks!

butterfly
04-02-2003, 05:49 PM
Help!
Six months ago, I arranged for WDW & USO packages thru my TA at AAA for 9/03. Two months ago I applied for a Loew's card after reading about it on these boards and I just received it. I asked my TA to call her contact at USO to add my card number to the reservation. The USO rep added the number to the ressie but said that the upgrades and bennies were not given if you have a package. Has anyone had a package thru a TA and then presented their Loew's card at check-in and still received the upgrade? Thanks.

cjc
04-03-2003, 11:57 AM
I will also be interested in a reply to the above question.
I live in the UK and booked 6 nights at RPH for next year via Travelcity (travel agent). Today recieved my Loews card and was hoping for the benefits on my first visit.
Although I've booked via a travel agent - would you suggest nearer the time I send a polite fax to the hotel giving my membership number and hope for the best?

Also it says you can may get a free upgrade to a business room - but RPH dont do these rooms - any advice

Thanks

millerglass
04-11-2003, 09:49 AM
I made reservations for 4 nights in August. I am a Loews card holder but got a cheaper Garden View Room with the Entertainment rate. Am I still entitled to a free upgrade?

Also, have any of you ever tried tipping the receptionist? I was thinking of offering $20.00 for a Pool View upgrade and $40.00 for a larger upgrade. Any thoughts?

Eric

DisnyMik
04-11-2003, 01:53 PM
These boards are the best! I used them to plan our Disney Cruise and now for RPH! I have learned so much! Thanks!

Now to the question: I called and got the Entertainment rate of $110 for standard and then called and got the Loew's card. I called back to give them my card #. They put the card # on my reservation but said we weren't entitled to any card benefits because of the rate. Has anyone else been told this?
We are big Disney fans and hope to have the same great experience with RPH as we do staying on WDW property.

Thanks again!
Joyce

JOC
04-11-2003, 05:59 PM
Is anyone a Loew's Platinum member? I finally received my platinum card (took eight weeks and a couple of phone calls) and was wondering what platinum level gets you at the resorts.

Muffy
04-29-2003, 06:31 PM
I'm a Platinum Lowes member and would like to know the same thing!

pattievers
05-01-2003, 12:04 PM
I was told by Loews that I wasn't elligible for any benefits with the Entertainment rates as well.

She also so I would not receive benefits if I used the Annual Pass or Fan Club rates.

Basically...if you use a "card" of some sort to book your rate, you are not entitled to anything else.

Patti

nhrenee
05-01-2003, 05:33 PM
I wonder if that's the "official" Loews response because I've had a different experience. At the Portofino we've used ap discounts, at the HRH I used an on-line booking agency (hotel kingdom.com) and both times have received the welcome gift. But I know others have had trouble at the HRH when they used the entertainment book rate. I always look on it as a lucky perk when we get it!

bjakmom
05-01-2003, 05:37 PM
When I booked ent rate at RPR last Aug they wouldn't even take my Loew's #, also stating very emphatically that I would not be entitled to any of my Loew's perks with that rate. But, when I checked in, I simply pulled out my Loews card and handed it to the young woman, reminding her that I was a Loew's member - and she handed me back a form asking which perk and paper I would like to receive - I had to call down to the desk again the following day because my wine had not been delivered, but when we came back from dinner there was a very decent bottle of wine on ice with two glasses - so my advice is to just present your card at check in and see if they turn you down there - never hurts to ask! (I'd rather take a 'no' from the front desk than from the agent on the phone):smooth:

MadamG2U
05-24-2003, 07:09 PM
I am staying at Portofino in August. I just went to Loews and applied fior a card. We have $180 per night for a deluxe room on the entertainment book. Will we be eligible for an upgrade with the loews card and will we still receive the perks?

mattkatie7
05-24-2003, 07:53 PM
I stayed at the RPR Easter week,At the entertainment rate, and received my Loews perks.

cpl100
05-27-2003, 07:14 AM
I have been put on hold endlessly at the Loews number for the Loews First card. Is this the norm? I really wanted to push along my membership since my trip is less than two months away.

Thanks.

Finally got through! I have reserved for July 19 a Garden View Room at the Portofino for $155 Entertainment rate. They also had Bay View ($170) and Deluxe ($180). I almost got the Bay View but they said the Garden View would be quieter. Do you all agree?

They did take my (new) Loews number and noted that we are celebrating my son's 14th birthday.

Any thoughts about what they may do for his birthday, if anything?

cpl100
05-30-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by DisnyMik
These boards are the best! I used them to plan our Disney Cruise and now for RPH! I have learned so much! Thanks!

Now to the question: I called and got the Entertainment rate of $110 for standard and then called and got the Loew's card. I called back to give them my card #. They put the card # on my reservation but said we weren't entitled to any card benefits because of the rate. Has anyone else been told this?
We are big Disney fans and hope to have the same great experience with RPH as we do staying on WDW property.

Thanks again!
Joyce

The operator willingly put my new Loews number into my reservation at the Portofino the other day.

FeeFeeWhite
06-03-2003, 07:10 AM
See the website for updated perks!

cpl100
06-03-2003, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by FeeFeeWhite
See the website for updated perks!

I like the thought of that late check out! Thans for the heads up.

mattkatie7
06-03-2003, 02:50 PM
I have called Loews and Universal reservations and they do not know about the updated perks. I am currently trying to get a Loews customer service rep.

JOC
06-03-2003, 03:23 PM
Here's the link to updated Loews First info on the Loews website:

http://146.145.111.218/loewsfirst.asp

mattkatie7
06-03-2003, 03:44 PM
I am platinum and called to make a reservation and they told me a comp upgrade to a suite is not guarenteed. I pointed out that the web site said it was at time of reservation if the suites are available and since they had just told me they are available I am entitled to one. I spoke to Elijah in customer service and he is trying to straighten this out for me. I just got a call from special services and they said that a suite is not available. I told them that I was just offered a suite and that my reservation is for 11 months from now WE know that there is a suite available. I have now been called back 4 times and I still do noy have an answer. The people I am dealing with are polite they just do not seem to have knowledge of the Loews first changes.Just got off the phone again, I was able to secure a suite. this was after 7 phone calls. Hopefully once everyone becomes more familar with the changes this will be easier.

JOC
06-03-2003, 04:10 PM
Can you keep us updated on your situation? I'm also Loews Platinum and it would be nice to be upgraded to a suite at the time of reservation (if available) like the website says.

JOC
06-03-2003, 04:31 PM
mattkatie7,
Did you make reservations using any kind of discount rate (Fan Club, Entertainment, etc.)? If so, did you have a hard time getting the suite upgrade because of your discount rate? also, what kind of suite did you get upgraded to? Thanks for the information.

Cmould
06-03-2003, 05:46 PM
First I'd like to sayI think the Loews First changes are great. I'm currently a Gold member and was told I could book a Club room @ the HRH for the deluxe room rate for my July stay. However, the rate I have with Hotel Kingdom is still substantially cheaper and since I am booking 2 rooms I will stick with that rate. Our last stay at the HRH was through Hotel Kingdom and I still received my Loews First amenities. I think with the upgrades to the program they might have to become more diligent in enforcing the program rules, ie only those staying at published rates will enjoy the Loews benefits, I suppose time will tell. If I'm correct ,I certainly will miss my cookies and milk :(
Carol

JOC
06-03-2003, 06:03 PM
I'm currently a Gold member and was told I could book a Club room @ the HRH for the deluxe room rate for my July stay.
Was that booking at Loews standard rate or a discounted rate such as Fan Club, Entertainment, etc.?

mattkatie7
06-03-2003, 06:08 PM
There were no discount rates available for the time frame, yet.Discounts should not make it harder to get a suite because the web sit does not state suite upgrades are only available at rack rates.I plan on checking the web site to see if they lower the rates. This year it was possible to get a room at the HR for 169.I forgot ,I got upgrade to a kid's suite.

JOC
06-03-2003, 06:11 PM
mattkatie7,
I was just going to ask what suite you were upgraded to...you must have read my mind!

Cmould
06-03-2003, 06:20 PM
JOC
The upgrade offered was based on the rack rate for the deluxe room of $289. I also inquired about the 4th night free promotion and was told that that rate was not eligible for the upgrade. Paying $221 and change for our dates through Hotel Kingdom so I'm sticking with them and hoping to get the perks( welcome gift and late checkout) too! The funny thing is if it weren't for these boards and someone recommending Hotel Kingdom I would have been extremely happy with the Loews rates. Before these boards I aways paid rack rates for our twice yearly trips to Florida but not anymore!
Carol

mattkatie7
06-03-2003, 06:23 PM
My rate is 249. anight (garden view rate.

PartyofSix
06-03-2003, 09:43 PM
Okay here's my deal. I booked on friday May 30th the PBH for a garden view room ent. rate of 155. I called the hotel yesterday directly and inquired about the new Plat benefits that she was not familiar with. She asked if i'd like a suite and i declined because were not traveling with the kids and i did'nt want to take that away from anyone else needing it and i prefer "our" room when i go that's a deluxe pool view room w/balcony overlooking the beach pool. We have stay a many of night in that particlular room #. She told me sure no problem and she upgraded me while i was on the phone with her and noted the room # i wanted. When i first booked the room at ent rate they took down my requested amentiny. So I have to say all my stays getting me to Plat status have come from PBH each stay has been at ent rate, fan club, or ap rate never rack rate. I have always gotten my perks and upgrades at PBH. Even for every room i book when booking more than one. Once we even booked three and got amenties for each then too at ent rate. I guess it depends on the person you get on the phone. My advise is to be presistent, be nice and call again if you need to and repeat. :)

skip
06-06-2003, 05:48 AM
so tammy i also have a garden view room booked for $155 with ent. rate for august.
i also saw an old thread about not getting loews perks if your getting an ent rate so i wasn't going to call and ask for a specific room.(balconey.in fact your deluxe pool view room i was looking for)i was just going to wait at check in and BEG and GROBBLE for that room.lol.but now i am going to call and request to be at least put on my reservation for an upgrade.it's friday and i'll use my happy cherry voice and hopefully talk to the same young lady you did.
p.s i'm only a blue member so i know i might not get it but that's ok to because we are so looking forward to staying at this gorgous hotel for the first time.

Tigger UK
06-06-2003, 11:34 AM
karin037
Thanks for the website link. I'm from the UK and didn't know anything about this card. We will be staying at RPH for 2 weeks in August and hubby enjoys using the fitness centre. I've just received my # number and we are now entitled to all benefits! These boards are an excellent source of information!
Gaynor

Designtime
06-17-2003, 08:36 PM
I have called twice using 800-loews11 and 800 23-loews. Both times I was told thet do not comp Starwood status. Is there something that I need to do to get this?

pattievers
06-17-2003, 09:07 PM
I stayed at PBH last week...with the annual pass rate. We were booked for a bay view, but were up graded to a pool view...and larger room. Truthfully, I would have preferred the bay view :).

Anyway...I did receive my ammenity and papers...without having to ask...even though I had been told I wouldn't when I made the reservation.

Patti

mattkatie7
06-18-2003, 02:29 PM
Designtime -Call customer service @ 1-800-563-9712.

Designtime
06-18-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by mattkatie7
Designtime -Call customer service @ 1-800-563-9712.

That number worked - Thank you very much!

Beckles
06-18-2003, 09:08 PM
Here's an important change to the program I just noticed today reading through the terms and conditions:

LoewsFirst Gold membership requires three (3) qualifying stays or six (6) cumulative nights (associated with a qualifying stay or stays), in a single Loews Hotel or any combination of Loews Hotels, in a calendar year. LoewsFirst Platinum membership requires ten (10) qualifying stays or fifteen (15) nights (associated with a qualifying stay) in a single Loews Hotel or any combination of Loews Hotels, in a calendar year. A calendar year is defined as January 1 through December 31. Retaining membership in LoewsFirst Gold or LoewsFirst Platinum requires meeting the respective criteria for LoewsFirst Gold or LoewsFirst Platinum each calendar year. LoewsFirst members who were LoewsFirst Gold or LoewsFirst Platinum members prior to June 1, 2003 will retain that status through December 31, 2004, unless a higher status is achieved based on the above stated criteria during the calendar year 2003 or the calendar year 2004. LoewsFirst Blue members and new members will become LoewsFirst Gold or LoewsFirst Platinum members when they meet the above stated criteria. Qualifying stays commencing on or after January 1, 2003 will be counted towards LoewsFirst Gold or LoewsFirst Platinum membership for the calendar year 2003.

Lori00789
06-19-2003, 05:54 PM
I am a new Loews card member but I am staying at at the PBR for 6 nights X 2 rooms with the entertainment rate. Does the entertainment rate count as a stay? Will I get credit for 12 nights? If I get credit for 12 nights will I qualify for anything extra this trip because I will pass a level? Does this make any sense?

FeeFeeWhite
06-23-2003, 12:04 PM
2 or more rooms only count as 1 - we had 3 at on a trip and it still only will count as 1

We have always had our rates counted even though they were discounted.

AlexandNessa
07-02-2003, 08:18 PM
Hi! Just curious if you think we'll have any trouble getting late check-out in the middle of September? Our flight isn't till 7 pm, and we'd love to have the extra time to lounge.

Thanks!

cpl100
07-03-2003, 03:15 PM
Have people received an 'update' Loews card mailing recently? I haven't yet received my card but I just received an envelope with the new brochure for the new terms (and a few other things) but still no card.

Eclpz314
07-08-2003, 02:11 PM
go

cpl100
07-08-2003, 06:04 PM
What first sheet with the id number? Uh oh... did I discard something important?

Eclpz314
07-08-2003, 06:52 PM
"more official"

cpl100
07-08-2003, 08:27 PM
I tried that because I actually cannot make my password work. However, it came up with a screen that gave a phone number to call. And then the phone number wouldn't work!:rolleyes: :confused:

MandaMom
07-17-2003, 01:54 AM
thanks for the information everyone.

I will be calling Loews to get my first blue. Crossing my fingers on any perks. Hoping for the best but not expecting anything.

MandaMom

luvdisney14
07-18-2003, 05:51 AM
I applied about 3 months ago and never received my card. I was wondering by being a loews member, can we get early check in. I wanted to leave the swan very early and switch to HRH. Today I am going to call and see if they will match my starwood card I am a preferred plus member. I will let everyone know what happens. Is turndown service included in the room. Also, did anyone ever get beer and nuts for their free gift?

PartyofSix
07-18-2003, 06:53 AM
LoveDisney,

You don't have to be a lowes memeber to check in early. Anyone can check in however early you wish although your room may not be ready at the time of check in you will be able to stowe luggage and get your room key cards for use in the parks and charging will also be on those cards at the time there issued. Also i have read many folks getting beer and nuts not a problem just request your amentie and the delivery time at the time you check in. No they will not match anyother hotel memeber status you have earn your status with them only. Turn down can be requested no matter what room you have reserved just call star service from your room phone if you are staying in a deluxe room or high grade room you will have turndown included in your amenties. You are gonna love the hotel you choose and the parks have a great trip.

JOC
07-18-2003, 06:55 AM
You can check in early even if you're not a Loews member. Your room might not be ready, but you can get your keys for FOTL privileges.

Loews matched my Starwood status; what is Starwood Preferred Plus? I know Starwood has Preferred, Gold and Platinum level, which would be the equivalent of Loews Blue, Gold and Platinum.

mattkatie7
07-18-2003, 12:55 PM
They matched my starwood membership status.

eclipseSD
07-19-2003, 02:27 AM
I signed up for Loews first AFTER I booked my RPR room. Will I still receive member perks during check in if I show my card? The names are the same on the card and the reservation.

nhrenee
07-20-2003, 01:31 PM
Yes, but it's a good idea to call back and ask them to put your Loews #on your reservation.

kaf1980
07-21-2003, 08:20 PM
i recently joined the lowes club after making my reservations. does anyone know if it is still applicable if the reservation was made through a travel agent . thanks

Myrtle
08-03-2003, 11:44 AM
I learned about the First Blue Card through you guys. (by the way, this is, by far, the most informative web site I've ever visited - You are all great!).

My problem - I'd already booked my trip and when I called Universal to give them my number so I'd possibly be recognized with an up-grade (if available at check-in) and the welcome gift - they told me I'm out of luck!

They said that even thought Loews owns the hotel; they needed the number at the time I booked - not that they bothered to mention it to me.

Any suggestions?

JOC
08-03-2003, 12:58 PM
Call them back...you probably talked to someone who was having a bad day! ;)

AlexandNessa
08-03-2003, 06:39 PM
Hi there, Myrtle. I didn't give them my Loews first number either when I initially booked. I called today to change my ressie from a garden view to a pool view, which was no problem. Then I said, "By the way, can you check to see if my Loews First number is in the ressie?" A pleasant boy named Matt said that it wasn't, and I asked him to put it in there (I also have an ENT rate). He did take my number.

My advice is to play dumb. Call them and tell them you're just checking to make sure your Loews First number is in the ressie. When they tell you it's not, shout out your number!

Good luck.:D

Myrtle
08-03-2003, 11:21 PM
Guess I really am tho'. I called the hoted directly and they said "no problem". They were really nice. Much more pleasant to deal with than those actually helping you choose a vacation package - it's a business tho' - what should I expect?

luvdisney14
08-15-2003, 11:24 AM
We just returned from HRH - received beer and nuts about 4:30pm and also we were celebrating 2 birthdays and graduation, my boys received small chocolate candy cd cases and a congratulations card. We were offered an upgrade to pool view but it was very, very far from elevator ( my mother has a hard time walking). My boys also were given free drinks with the grade A program. We were also given a 20 gift certificate for the Palm Restaurant. HRH hotel does not participate with the teen program, but we received our bags at the royal pacific when we visited the hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We stayed at the swan before moving to this hotel. We were treated much nicer at the HRH. Any questions, just ask. Does anyone know if there is a credit card that accompanies the loews care for free nights with points.

AlexandNessa
08-15-2003, 01:51 PM
Hi luvdisney14. Just curious what kind of beer came with your welcome gift. I think this is a new offering, isn't it? Thanks!

luvdisney14
08-15-2003, 05:20 PM
We got miller lite and my brother got bud. I think when we first applied for loews card we picked which beer we would prefer.

3MinnieMom
08-16-2003, 08:12 AM
I applied for a LOEWSFirst card over 2 1/2 months ago. I immediately got an e-mail reply with my membership #, but, like many other people have reported, I've yet to receive my card by mail. I'll be calling the 1-800 #'s to LOEWS, but just in case I don't receive the card in time for our Nov trip, could I just make a copy of the e-mail they sent me and present it at check-in? Does anyone know what takes them so long to send out the cards???:confused:

AlexandNessa
08-16-2003, 10:32 AM
I'm in the same boat, 3Minnie. I got my e-mail confirmation on 6/1, but I still don't have a Loew's card either. At least my number is on my reservation though.

highlander447
08-16-2003, 12:06 PM
Its pretty strange but I got my card in just under 3 weeks and I live in Scotland go figure:eek:

cpl100
08-17-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by 3MinnieMom
I applied for a LOEWSFirst card over 2 1/2 months ago. I immediately got an e-mail reply with my membership #, but, like many other people have reported, I've yet to receive my card by mail. I'll be calling the 1-800 #'s to LOEWS, but just in case I don't receive the card in time for our Nov trip, could I just make a copy of the e-mail they sent me and present it at check-in? Does anyone know what takes them so long to send out the cards???:confused:

I did not have my card at check in but there was no problem at all. I merely inquired if my number was in the reservation and it was.

Eclpz314
09-12-2003, 11:46 AM
I finally received my card from Loews today!!!! I registered in April and stayed at RPR in July. I had no card, but showed the membership letter w/number at the RPR and got the Loews cookies and stuff with no problem. Not only did I receive my card today, but because of the 7 night stay in July, I am now a Gold member!! Maybe they don't rush to mail blue cards?

Kerlynne
10-02-2003, 01:16 PM
Wanted to get your opinions on what food/drink option we should request, on our upcoming visit. We were originally going to fly, so I thought the water/fruit would be a good idea. Since the water isn't the best in Orlando, plus every other time we go down, we end up stopping to get water, so this will help out.
But now we're thinking of driving(ugh), so we can more money to eat out. So, since I will have access to get to a supermarket, I could get my water.
Or at that rate, can get milk/cookies too! LOL:rolleyes:
So wondering if you all have experienced both, what you think is better.

FeeFeeWhite
10-02-2003, 02:41 PM
I have a favorite at each one.

PB - Cookies/milk or the wine is nice

RP - tropical fruit and figi water

HR - cookies and milk (in guitar shaped plastic container)

I hope this helps!

alaskantwinks
10-02-2003, 03:50 PM
I'm a Loews member, and I requested water and fruit, what is the "figi" water? I have been thinking about switching to milk and cookies for the kids sake. We'll be checking in in the morning (if possible) and we are staying on club level, so we'd have access to food and drinks anyway, but why not get 2 perks? :)

JessicaR
10-02-2003, 04:57 PM
Maybe request something you arent served on club level? Here is the current list:

Milk & Cookies
A $10 Mini-bar Credit
Fruit & Bottled Water
Hero Stars: Fresh Gourmet Dog Biscuits
Beer & Nuts
500 Bonus American Airlines AAdvantage Miles
500 Amtrak Guest Reward Points
Bottle of Red Wine & Nuts
Bottle of White Wine & Nuts
A "Surprise" Regional Gift

I think its Fiji Water here is a link I never heard of it either!

http://fijiwater.com/site/

Me personally...I just love those cookies!:D

cpl100
10-02-2003, 06:28 PM
I had the wine at PB this July. It was a full bottle of very nice wine. Great perk.

alaskantwinks
10-03-2003, 12:06 AM
JessicaR, thanks for the link! I also love milk and cookies, and since it will be morning, either one will be fine! We will have just eaten breakfast at the Embassy Suites (spending 1 night at the one near the airport) so maybe the water would be better...:crazy: Its getting closer and closer! We leave on the 17th from here, but won't get there until the 18th. Not long now!! Kelly:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny: :hyper: :yo-yo: :goodvibes

mattkatie7
10-06-2003, 09:41 AM
How many rooms are you able to book using your Lowes card? I am plat- should I be able to get upgrades on more than one?

music
10-19-2003, 10:49 AM
If you sign up for a Lowes card, is it good for more than a year?
Or do you have to get one each year? Since I won't need it till next year, should I wait to sign up?

AlexandNessa
10-19-2003, 12:20 PM
music, I would go ahead and apply now. It took me a good 3 and a half months to get my actual card. If you apply online, you will get your # immediately, which is the important thing (you only need your #, not your card to make ressies).

I wouldn't think your # changes -- I think it's just the status (blue/gold/plat) that changes. Someone keep me honest if that's not correct.

Motherfletcher
10-20-2003, 12:18 PM
I rec'd my Gold before my Blue Card. All you need is the number. I've checked rates and availability so often at the Loew's site that I have my number memorized.

music
10-20-2003, 12:48 PM
Just for kicks, I checked prices and even with the Lowes number, they still were at $259.00. I was putting in August16, for 4 nights. It showed no discount!
I guess I will try later.
Thanks for all the help.

psimon
10-22-2003, 11:38 AM
Maybe request something you arent served on club level? Here is the current list:

Milk & Cookies
A $10 Mini-bar Credit
Fruit & Bottled Water
Hero Stars: Fresh Gourmet Dog Biscuits
Beer & Nuts
500 Bonus American Airlines AAdvantage Miles
500 Amtrak Guest Reward Points
Bottle of Red Wine & Nuts
Bottle of White Wine & Nuts
A "Surprise" Regional Gift

Any idea what the ""Surprise" Regional Gift " might be?

Thanks... Paul

JessicaR
10-22-2003, 02:53 PM
In june it was popcorn and an in room movie and water or soda. That was at RPR.

psimon
10-22-2003, 03:00 PM
In june it was popcorn and an in room movie and water or soda. That was at RPR.

Sounds nice, but not something I would want. I like the idea of something portable I can take with me and "enjoy" while doing what I came to Universal to do! Fruit, water, etc I can take with me. A movie in my room might be OK in NYC (and maybe even not there), but not while at the foot of Citywalk or the parks.

Thanks for the info..... Paul

lunneemom
02-12-2004, 10:56 PM
This is my first post ...

I just made HRH resv for July through AAA b/c when I called hotel directly thry claimed nothing available for right dates & # of nights. Universal website reported same thing, but I could get what I wanted on AAA website (go figure). Anyway, the AAA website didn't have any way to report my Loews care number. Can I now call hotel & get the card benefits???

nhrenee
02-13-2004, 06:52 AM
Congrats on your first post!

Call the hotel directly, give them your res # and ask them to add that you are a loews member. At the HRH you may or my not get benefits. It seems to depend on who you get at the front desk.
Good Luck!

lunneemom
02-13-2004, 07:58 AM
I OUGHT to get benefits b/c I'm paying full price; in spite of trying hard I couldn't find a discount anywhere!

nhrenee
02-13-2004, 08:40 AM
When you said you booked through AAA I thought it meant you were getting that discount. If you are paying full price you are supposed the get the loews benefits.

cpl100
02-13-2004, 09:05 AM
Does anyone know a way to find discounted rates for Loews hotels that are not at Universal? I am going to Canada and see that there's a Loews in both the cities I am considering visiting.

THANKS!

sherries
02-13-2004, 11:48 AM
you need to go to loewshotels.com.

cpl100
02-13-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by sherries
you need to go to loewshotels.com.
Hi,

I realize you can get rates at the Loews site, but I was more looking for information like we share here: how to get special codes for better rates.

Thanks anyway.

Eclpz314
02-14-2004, 07:17 AM
CPL, did you go to the Loew's site and list AAA as the code when pricing a reservatation? I did that for the RPR and it shows up at $255 instead of $319. Good luck!

cpl100
02-14-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Eclpz314
CPL, did you go to the Loew's site and list AAA as the code when pricing a reservatation? I did that for the RPR and it shows up at $255 instead of $319. Good luck!

I will at least try that. Thanks for the suggestion.

edit: Oh boo hoo! It didn't change by even a penny! :o

damo
02-14-2004, 10:33 AM
What are your dates? There are some discounts going on for the Quebec City and Montreal hotels. I've stayed at the Montreal Hotel and it is absolutely gorgeous. The Quebec City hotel is cheaper.

Call and check if they have any entertainment rates.

Suzyq123
02-24-2004, 09:17 AM
I am a loews first blue member. I see they offer a T-loews benefit just for teens. On another board it was mentioned that they do not offer this at HRH but do offer it at Royal Pac.
Now my question: Do you think you could get this by showing your room card at Royal pacific and asking for it?

lunneemom
02-24-2004, 12:52 PM
I'm a new Blue member, but when I just made reservations at HRH the reservationist took the initiative to ask about the ages of my children ostensibly so they could "have the right welcome gift" for their ages. My children are 12 & 17, & I ended the call with the impression that they would have some form of welcome upon arrival. (By the way, I booked through the central Loews telephone # on my Blue Card; I booked a room w/ a AAA discount.)

Kimberlyfamilyfv
03-16-2004, 07:21 PM
I talked to the reservationist. There are only three kinds of qualified stays to go toward your loews card.

1. rack rate

2. published rate -- that is available to everyone
"stay and play " does count as it is a published rate.

3. AAA reservationist said AAA is in the grey area. But does qualify.

If you get a qualified stay for any other rate you are lucky. Because as the loews card info states. They only have to give you credit for what they consider "qualified stays". Rates through consolidators or discount cards do not count.

SHarrison
03-18-2004, 02:11 PM
When I first started reading these boards about a month ago, I immediately signed up for the Loews card to get the gift upon arrival and (crossing my fingers) an upgrade upon arrival too! But that was at least a month ago and I have not physically received a card in the mail yet. Is this typical or should I contact Loews? Do they not send out the card until you have already used it? I'm confused!!

sherries
03-18-2004, 02:27 PM
It took at least 3 to four months before I got my card. It was actually after my trip! Loews said it would take 6 weeks I think, but it took a lot longer. You can call them for your Loews Number and use that when you check in if you haven't gotten your card before your trip. That worked for us.

SHarrison
03-18-2004, 07:48 PM
Thanks sherries! At least I have the number written down just in case!
Steph

chocolatelover
03-24-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by SHarrison
When I first started reading these boards about a month ago, I immediately signed up for the Loews card to get the gift upon arrival and (crossing my fingers) an upgrade upon arrival too! But that was at least a month ago and I have not physically received a card in the mail yet. Is this typical or should I contact Loews? Do they not send out the card until you have already used it? I'm confused!!

Contact them, but it did take awhile to get my card. The card is the same as having a Holiday Inn card or Hilton card, etc. except you don't get points for free nights. No free nights at Loews hotels. I had signed up last year for the card as we stayed in Santa Monica, CA and it is beautiful there...though high in price. I signed up for my extra incentive as airline miles instead of cookies and milk and never did get the extra airline miles (and stayed 3 nights). If you have copied the number, you don't need the card. Just the number to make your reservation.

thedisneymom
03-29-2004, 10:18 PM
Does anyone know what the regional gift for PBH might be? Someone mentioned movie and popcorn at RPH-is it the same? Thanks ahead!:teeth:

Skuba2
04-04-2004, 04:50 PM
I read the entire thread and couldn't find this answer. We booked one room at the PBH--kid suite and no discount. We are two adults and two kids. Do we each sign up for a card or just one of us? I am assuming the gifts are just the first night. I also need to call back and give them my number.

Thanks--DG

damo
04-04-2004, 05:27 PM
Just one card is necessary and you can call them and give them your number.

DNSDisney
04-08-2004, 01:12 AM
I am a little confused here. Do you get the perks from the card if you make ressies with discount or not or sometimes or depends???
Also if you book a garden, is the "preimium upgrade" to the next level room or higher ?
Thanks

cpl100
04-08-2004, 09:32 AM
When I stayed this summer, I made a reservation with an Entertainment Card code and did receive all perks.

johnvree
04-08-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Fan2CSkr
Call Loews 800# give them your name and they will give you your # on the phone until you get your card.
Thanks. Never got a card and called for my member number.

For anyone else, the number to call is 800-563-9712

themepark
04-08-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by thedisneymom
Does anyone know what the regional gift for PBH might be? Someone mentioned movie and popcorn at RPH-is it the same? Thanks ahead!:teeth:

I was told at RPR that the regional gift was Hawaiian candy.

Motherfletcher
04-30-2004, 05:39 AM
The candy is inedible but the basket includes a nice shell that has the RPR logo carved in it.

I haven't seen this on a thread yet. I went to Loew 1st site to check when my Gold Card would go Platinum and a promo pop up caught my eye. I have spent a week calling Loew's 1st and have gotten different answers about this promo. I'm not sure if the APH discounted rooms will qualify but I signed up anyway. Here is how it reads:

Third time’s a charm!

Get one free night after you stay two times at Loews Hotels.
Stay two times at any Loews Hotel.
First two stays must be between April 1 and June 30, 2004.
Free night may be used any time after first two stays from April 12 – September 30, 2004.
Free night must be used in conjunction with at least one paid night at the prevailing Loews Best Rate.
Please complete all information on this page prior to traveling in order to qualify for this promotion. If you need assistance with the registration process, please call 1-800-Loews12.

terms and conditions

Promotion valid only for LoewsFirst members who register for the promotion and provide a valid email address. Guests must register for the promotion prior to qualifying stays in order to be eligible. Free night is subject to availability and must be used in conjunction with a second night at the Loews Best Rate. Certain restrictions may apply. Qualifying stays are at Loews published rates only. Stays at group, negotiated, third party Internet rates, and Loews Advance Purchase Internet rates do not qualify towards the free night offer and may not be used in conjunction with the free night offer redemption. First two stays must be completed by 6/30/04 to qualify for the free night offer. Free night valid through 9/30/04. Free night redeemable on weekdays (Monday - Thursday) at resort hotels and on weekends (Friday - Sunday) at city hotels only, and may not be used in tandem with a second qualifying stay. Advance reservations are required for redemption of the free night offer and may only be made by calling 800-LOEWS11 and providing the special code that will be provided after the second qualified stay has been completed.

Three of the five operators I talked to went Nazi on me, "Ve must have zee code!"
It might be worth signing up.

momof2inPA
05-02-2004, 09:50 PM
There was alot of info in the beginning about Loews matching Starwood memberships. Will Loews match my husband's Marriott silver membership? It is basically the same as the middle level of Loews with 10 stays in a calendar year.

Suzyq123
05-17-2004, 02:39 PM
OK we just go t back from HRH and this is what we got. (loews blue members)

1st night cookies and milk :D

B'day gift a 3" round choclate medallian for my son :D

free inflatable guitar ( about 18" ) :D

We walked over to RP and the boys asked for the teen gift, they were given a gift bag with a disposable camera and small photo album, so they got to take their own pics. :D

At dinner at the Kitchen free cake (feeds 3-4) for sons B'day:D

No other restaurant offered this incl. Margaritaville and Pastamore. There you could buy dessert and they would throw in a candle.

Free newspaper everyday but last~ but i suspect someone may have taken it the last day. Oh no upgrade available, but they did offer Club level for an extra $75 a nite- I politely declined.

Motherfletcher
05-19-2004, 05:11 AM
How did they go about getting the T-Loews package at RPR when you were staying at HRH?

Suzyq123
05-19-2004, 08:52 AM
They just asked for the teen gift. Didn't have to show room key or anything.
:)

AlexandNessa
05-22-2004, 08:10 AM
We didn't find out we were Gold until after we booked with the RPR. According to their website, Gold Members (I feel like Austin Powers or something): "Enjoy a free upgrade to a premium room, guaranteed at the time of reservation." Since I didn't know I was Gold, I didn't persue this at the time.

We booked RPR Club, and I'm just wondering if I should bother trying to figure out what an an upgrade to a premium room would be from club level or the best way to inquire about the possibility since the ressie is already made. Any opinions?

TIA!

FeeFeeWhite
05-22-2004, 09:14 AM
Go ahead and call back and find out. They can adjust the ressie. It would be a king suite not guaranteed to be on the Club level.

Subi WRX
05-22-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by AlexandNessa
According to their website, Gold Members (I feel like Austin Powers or something): "Enjoy a free upgrade to a premium room, guaranteed at the time of reservation."

Does this mean a water view room can be upgraded to club level?

A Mickeyfan
05-22-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by AlexandNessa
We didn't find out we were Gold until after we booked with the RPR. According to their website, Gold Members (I feel like Austin Powers or something): "Enjoy a free upgrade to a premium room, guaranteed at the time of reservation." Since I didn't know I was Gold, I didn't persue this at the time.

We booked RPR Club, and I'm just wondering if I should bother trying to figure out what an an upgrade to a premium room would be from club level or the best way to inquire about the possibility since the ressie is already made. Any opinions?

TIA!
Hey Jodie.... good luck getting your "guaranteed upgrade"... I will be checking in next Sunday... and they have already told me in so many words that I am not getting an upgrade. I have had my gold card since the end of Jan or the begining of Feb.... I had it when I made my ressies...but their system still shows me as BLUE :mad: I intend on showing them my Gold card at check in...but I doubt by that time they will have anything that they can give me....
(by the way I am keeping all of my dates...I figured I will be in a hole till he gets another job anyway)

AlexandNessa
05-22-2004, 06:24 PM
Hi Sharon :wave:

Hope you have a great trip (glad you kept all your ressies :D ), and I will keep my fingers crossed for your upgrade! Maybe when you show them your actual gold card at check-in, everything will be cleared up.

We are traveling with another couple this trip, and they also booked club level, so I don't want to risk not being on the club floor with them so I think I'll keep my ressies in tact.

That's a good question, subi. Has anyone ever used their gold card to upgrade from pool view to club at RPR? That seems like a stretch.

MommaluvsDis
06-14-2004, 03:10 PM
momof2inPA,

I called and after I faxed my Gold level Prioirity Club card (Holiday Inn) Elijah put me on hold to determine if they could match it or not. He came back on line and said that they would! I'm now at gold level!

My problem is that when the Loews reservation confirmed my upgraded status the lady told me because I'd booked the E card rate, I wasn't eligible for premium upgrade guarantee but that she would put a request in allowing the RPR to do it if they wanted to.

So, anyone out there, what are my chance of getting the upgrade????

UNIDISFAN
07-03-2004, 01:21 PM
how long does it take to get the loews card through mail??:yo-yo:

MommaluvsDis
07-03-2004, 06:45 PM
It took about 3 weeks to get my card and that was even with me upgrading to Gold status!

thedisneymom
08-21-2004, 06:11 PM
I don't know if this will answer your question but I would not think you can upgrade to the higher rooms if you book. For example, I just became a platinum member and I was told you book a standard garden view room and will get a small suite. I then asked what if I book a pool or deluxe can I be upgraded to club or whatever. I was told no there are no upgrades from the better to greatest rooms only from the standard. In my case it was a standard to a Portofino suite) There are no upgrades to club from any rooms. You also can not pay additional because I wanted to reserve a deluxe with the ENT rate and pay the difference to club . They said this is no longer available. Also there are no Ent rates for club AND there may not be for deluxe rooms in 2005.

MelindaKiah
08-27-2004, 04:20 PM
Does anyone have a phone number to reach Loew's? I applied for my card over a year ago and it's never shown up! We're going in December and I'd like to have it on me.

Thanks.

Eclpz314
08-29-2004, 07:59 PM
The Loew's Membership Representative # is:
1-800-563-9712.

ihearttink
01-01-2005, 08:01 PM
As a Lowes member we stayed at the Hard Rock last August 2003 and our room was upgraded, and the view was GREAT :D We had a pool view and could see IOA and US from our room. We did not even have to ask for the upgrade, was just given to us at check in. When we made the reservation, I told them at that time we were a member, so they had it on record. I also picked fruit as a welcome gift and was really surprised by the amount they gave us.

fccabs
01-16-2005, 11:52 AM
Just booked abay view room 4 nights 14-18/12 at the PBH for our honeymoon at a rate of USD 284 + tax. This includes 2 tickets for the length of our stay giving us access to both parks and city walk. Unfortunately as i only joined the lowes card scheme about 10 mins before call i'm only a blue card holder so will only get free upgrade if available on arrival. I asked about entertainemnt book rates and they said that they were either going in late this year or that they were not going to apply at Universal Hotels at all.

tycon07
01-22-2005, 02:31 PM
The RPR told me that Loews/NBC Universal was having problems with the negotiations with Entertainment Inc. I hop ethey negotiate fast!

spotowner
01-22-2005, 02:53 PM
Hi to all... I wanted to ask if you recently applied to the Loews Card as I have just done through the info on the boards. At check in do you get the upgrades that are available. Or do you have to have used the card prior to your check in? Also the ENT discounts that are mentioned on the boards, can they be used with other discounts. I'm looking to book for July at HRH and it looks pretty slim for a discount. Thanks in advance

Gary & Lisa
02-05-2005, 06:03 AM
:flower: I wondered about this card and just what it would save us. We will be going to US on Feb 22 and will be staying at the PBH. We made our travel arrangements thru a travel agent. I called the Loew's 800 # and got a card #. The Loew's person told me to call the PBH and give them this number for our welcome gift to be ready at our arrival time. When I called the PBH, they told me that I would have to give this card # when we check in. Does this sound right to anyone out there? I've read alot of negatives on the hotels following thru on this free thing. Such as having to prompt the hotel to provide it. I'd appreciate any feedback.

gschmerl
02-05-2005, 07:38 AM
If you are not booked at discount rates, you should get your Loews welcome gift without any trouble. Just give them your number when you check in and tell them which gift you want. You will also get a daily newspaper and access to the gym at RPR and HRH. I'm not sure PBH has a gym.

Gary & Lisa
02-05-2005, 03:48 PM
:flower: We booked with a travel agent. I should call and ask. I do know that the vacation is thru Universal Parks & Resorts Vacations. I sure hope they do, it would be a nice extra for us. Thanks for the quick reply!

Gary & Lisa
03-01-2005, 06:42 AM
:flower: Hi all! Back from our trip and we just wanted to let you know that the Loew's card worked for us. There was white wine and nuts in our room when we got there. So it does work for first timer's. :wave:
Lisa

bugsy
03-06-2005, 06:21 PM
:flower: Hi all! Back from our trip and we just wanted to let you know that the Loew's card worked for us. There was white wine and nuts in our room when we got there. So it does work for first timer's. :wave:
Lisa
We signed up for the loews card too,going in May. Did the room upgrade for the card work for you too? how did it work, and how was it? Thanks! :wave2:

Gary & Lisa
03-06-2005, 06:47 PM
:flower: Hi! We booked thru a travel agent and found out about the Loew's card later. So I called the hotel and told them our number. They took it and made a note of what wine we wanted. We didn't ask for a room upgrade. We had the deluxe room, so I didn't push it. I think that's only if they have an upgrade available. I'd be careful to make sure they don't charge for that. We didn't have any problems with our billing like some others have mentioned thru the forums. When we checked in I reminded them about the Loew's card number and what was promised. There was white wine and nuts in our room when we got there. The rooms are pricey when you stay on grounds like that, so mean business about receiving what is promised. After all, you are a paying customer and they want your return business. Be sure to let your comments at their website after your stay. :wave2: Sure hope your trip is great! Lisa

ddoll
03-17-2005, 09:31 AM
We stayed at the RPR last summer using a Fan Club rate, booked by a TA. The woman who checked us in told us we weren't eligible to use our Loew's First card at that rate. What a disappointment!

Should I try again this summer? It looks like some people have been successful at getting percs.

And could someone please explain about transferring points from other programs? We do have Starwood points.

Jenny
03-22-2005, 10:01 AM
has anyone booked a standard room w/ a AAA discount & still received loews membership perks at check-in? should i attempt this? thanks.

JessicaR
03-22-2005, 10:16 AM
has anyone booked a standard room w/ a AAA discount & still received loews membership perks at check-in? should i attempt this? thanks.

You are entitled to the Loews benefits when using your AAA card as a discount on your reservation. They dont allow at this time any other discount program in conjunction with the Loews program, just AAA. So...yes do it! :)

Jenny
03-23-2005, 09:39 AM
thanks for the good news...interesting that they allow AAA - i better do this now while a good thing lasts.

KayleeUK
03-23-2005, 10:42 AM
We booked our room via the Universal website. I have since got the Lowes card, can I add this to our booking?

If so how??

TIA

AllieKat
03-23-2005, 11:01 AM
We booked our room via the Universal website. I have since got the Lowes card, can I add this to our booking?

If so how??

TIA

Yep, just give them a call or email them. :)

KayleeUK
03-23-2005, 02:24 PM
Do you have the phone number or email address please??

AllieKat
03-23-2005, 03:38 PM
Do you have the phone number or email address please??

Following is all of the contact info that I have for the hotels. You can also fax the info to the hotel. I had faxed them my room request and it went through just fine. :) You can probably also call 1-800-BeAStar to have your Loews # added to your reservation. That number is for room reservations at all 3 hotels.

Portofino Bay Hotel
5601 Universal Blvd
Orlando, FL 32819
Phone: 407-503-1000
Fax: 407-503-1010

Hard Rock Hotel
5800 Universal Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32819
Phone: 407-503-7625
Fax: 407-503-7655

Royal Pacific Resort
6300 Hollywood Way
Orlando, FL 32819
Phone: 407-503-3000
Fax: 407-503-3010
Email: rprconcierge@loewshotels.com

tycon07
03-23-2005, 05:57 PM
Can my kids use my Loews Card to get into the Gym at the PBH?

KayleeUK
03-24-2005, 08:01 AM
Thank you Alliekat :)

jayster
03-28-2005, 12:19 PM
The Loews card costs nothing and there are no hidden fees, not even postage.

PS I were told by a HRH staff member the only part of the HRH the Hard Rock owns is the shop and the memorablilia. Loews owns the rest.
I had already booked my vacation package w/ Royal Pacific through the Universal Website, Lowes was great! They took my name and info, and forwarded it to the Hotel directly to make sure it was there when I checked in. They also confirmed that the card could be used during this trip (I think it is based on the price you pay - if it is a really big money saving package, the rates are too low for the benefits to kick in)

jayster
03-28-2005, 12:43 PM
I had already booked my vacation package w/ Royal Pacific through the Universal Website, Lowes was great! They took my name and info, and forwarded it to the Hotel directly to make sure it was there when I checked in. They also confirmed that the card could be used during this trip (I think it is based on the price you pay - if it is a really big money saving package, the rates are too low for the benefits to kick in)
Someone had asked in a post from a while back if you tipped a front desk person say 40-50 bucks while checking in, could they possibly do something for you (room upgrade....etc) I was wondering if this was ever tried and if so, did it work?

Debs5angels
03-28-2005, 12:44 PM
I already booked the RPR for August. I didn't know anything about the Loew's card. Is it to late to get this card and apply whatever perks you get for my August vacation? I read about the Loew's card on it's web site but call me stupid but I still don't get it. Can anyone explain it to me (Slowly) :confused3 . :rotfl: Thanks for any help!!!!

JessicaR
03-28-2005, 02:18 PM
I already booked the RPR for August. I didn't know anything about the Loew's card. Is it to late to get this card and apply whatever perks you get for my August vacation? I read about the Loew's card on it's web site but call me stupid but I still don't get it. Can anyone explain it to me (Slowly) :confused3 . :rotfl: Thanks for any help!!!!

No it isnt to late at all. Go to the site and apply, you will get a # instantly. The card will be mailed (sometimes it takes quite a while to receive it). You can then call the hotel and have your # applied to your reservation. The Loews first program is free. When booking using the card (w/o using a discount program of any kind except AAA) you are entitled to perks. Your stays qualify you to climb to different levels. There is blue, gold and platnium. With each level the benefits increase. They offer every level a welcome gift that you can choose (selections will be shown on website when you fill out form). If you are AA FF you can get points for that. You get a newspaper daily at hotel and use of the gym minus the fee. Late check outs and upgrades dependant upon levela nd availability. When your card comes in the mail you will get a phamplet explaining (better than I can) all of the entitlements.

Bottom line...Go Apply!! LOL :)

Debs5angels
03-28-2005, 02:27 PM
JessicaR,

Thanks for the info. I have another question though. Sorry to be such a pest. When we booked our room in the RPR the deal was get 2 free tickets would the loews card still apply?

AllieKat
03-28-2005, 04:16 PM
When we booked our room in the RPR the deal was get 2 free tickets would the loews card still apply?

I also booked RPR using the "stay & play" deal for September. I got a King Suite upgrade for free (Loews Platinum member). I was also told my stay would be a qualified stay and I would get my welcome amenity. :)

mcefalo
03-31-2005, 01:46 PM
How does it work to get the free access to the Gym with the LOEWS card at HRH. If you didn't have free access how is it charged anyway?

Also, I can't find my card - can someone tell me what the first LOEWS card looks like? Might help making finding it easier - thanks.

Mortlives
06-04-2005, 11:48 AM
Bump, because I would also like an answer to the gym question.

Anyone use the facilities? mcefalo? You must be back by now. Hope you had a great trip.

Kungaloosh!
Morticia.

RyGuy
06-04-2005, 04:18 PM
You just show your card to the person at the desk and you get in for free. Normally they would charge it to your room. They have nice cybex equipment and lots of treamills.

Mortlives
06-05-2005, 09:58 AM
You just show your card to the person at the desk and you get in for free. Normally they would charge it to your room. They have nice cybex equipment and lots of treamills.

Thanks! Do they have a steamroom and sauna? What about the non-card holder members of your family? Do you need to go with them, or can you just send your card?

Kungaloosh!
Morticia.

rpbert1
06-30-2005, 04:55 PM
i have booked my holiday for 2006 with Virgin Holidays, i am staying at the RPR for 7 nights ,can i show my card and get the stay registered on my account even though i did not book direct with the hotel, and can i also use the members queue ,i read on here someone bypassed the queue because he had a loews card

Amyrlin
07-27-2005, 11:49 AM
when you book a package they will not usually let you get the points etc on the stay. However, it is worth registering the card with them as then other spends, such as meals may count. I may be wrong, but this is the usual set up.

RyGuy
07-27-2005, 01:16 PM
You can use the Loews First check-in line but I'm not sure if your stay will count or not. It never hurts to have your number on the reservation. You may even get the welcome gift.

rpbert1
07-27-2005, 04:31 PM
thanks for the info, always worth trying

dcookies
07-27-2005, 08:39 PM
I've looked through this thread, but can't seem to find the answer....

I'm a Loew's Gold member. How do you get the upgrade they promise at time of booking? Do you ask for it when you book? Currently, we have the APH rate for a standard garden room at HRH, but I'm willing to pay the few $'s more for AAA if I can get an upgrade. Do I have to book over the phone with Loew's? Has anyone done this?

RyGuy
07-27-2005, 10:23 PM
Give Loews a call at the number on the back of your card. If an upgrade is available at that time they will give it to you. At HRH your upgrade would be to a deluxe room or a pool view if there are no deluxes. At check-in you can always ask about a suite upgrade for an additional $35/night.

psar
07-28-2005, 06:29 AM
I am Gold. What kind of suite upgrades can you get for the $35? We are a family of 4 (2 football size boys) :earsboy: :earsboy: Right now we have a deluxe.

RyGuy
07-28-2005, 12:15 PM
If you are paying a qualifying rate like AAA and there is a suite availabe at check-in they will give it to you for $35/night. At HRH the suite would be a king suite, which is about 650 sq feet with a king size bed and a pullout sofa. You may be more comfortable in the deluxe queen which is 500 sq ft with 2 queen beds and a pullout sofa.

psar
07-28-2005, 06:32 PM
Thanks. :earsgirl:

dorisdvu
01-19-2006, 08:01 AM
No it isnt to late at all. Go to the site and apply, you will get a # instantly. The card will be mailed (sometimes it takes quite a while to receive it). You can then call the hotel and have your # applied to your reservation. The Loews first program is free. When booking using the card (w/o using a discount program of any kind except AAA) you are entitled to perks. Your stays qualify you to climb to different levels. There is blue, gold and platnium. With each level the benefits increase. They offer every level a welcome gift that you can choose (selections will be shown on website when you fill out form). If you are AA FF you can get points for that. You get a newspaper daily at hotel and use of the gym minus the fee. Late check outs and upgrades dependant upon levela nd availability. When your card comes in the mail you will get a phamplet explaining (better than I can) all of the entitlements.

Bottom line...Go Apply!! LOL :)

So if you use a discount program like AAA, you do not receive any benefits/perks for having a Loews card?
I know from experience that if you book your reservation from another source other that thru Loews you do not receive any points/benefits/perks for having a Loews card. I had booked my rooms at PBH thru Hotel Kingdom in 2003 and they told me since I used another agency and received a discounted price, that I would not received anything for having a Loews Card.

Amyrlin
01-19-2006, 08:34 AM
I book through the Loews site or the Universl site, in both cases it asks for the loews number and under disount code I put in AAA and get the rewards and the gift.

dandave
02-14-2006, 07:59 PM
I have just joined LoewsFirst and booked my first two trips to Universal. One reservation was booked by phone w/Universal and the other through the Loews website. I used the Florida Resident code for room only for both. Will these be qualified stays? The FL code was a "published" rate, since it was on their website right... Or is it a "discount" or "promotional" offer... :lmao:

http://www.loews-first.com/Loewsfirst.asp
^ A qualified stay or qualified night is at any published rate. Group, negotiated, third party and advanced purchase rates do not apply. Not valid with any other discount program, coupon, complimentary or promotional offer.

Also, it says that Blue members "Enjoy a free room upgrade if one is available when you arrive." Do they just offer you this upgrade, without you having to ask? If they surprised me with an upgrade at check-in, then that would be great. I really don't think I'd be able to ask for an upgrade, though.

dandave
02-15-2006, 01:12 PM
I called to have my Loews number applied to one of my reservations. The first thing the reservationist said was, "Your stay doesn't qualify, because you used the FL resident rate."
That answers that! :teeth:

buzz2400
02-23-2006, 10:00 AM
I just joined and for the perk I picked milk and cookies. is that a good choice. just me and my 14 year old son. I don't like wine.

Motherfletcher
02-23-2006, 11:00 AM
Excellent choice! The cookies are the best I've ever had.

miamimama
03-08-2006, 05:45 PM
They told me I wouldn't get a card before my trip, but emailed me my number, which I called and gave to the hotel.

wildaboutmickey
03-12-2006, 04:28 PM
I booked an annnual pass rate. I knowmy stay won't qualify for points or the welcome amenity. Can I still use my loews card for the fitness center without additonal charge?
Thanks,
Michelle

Fan2CSkr
03-13-2006, 10:43 PM
Yes you can, and I would still ask at check in about your gift(amenity) I always still get the paper in the AM too.

lindylou
03-15-2006, 08:58 AM
Hello all, just wondering if anyone knows of a link showing the layout of the resort at the Portofino. I'm interested in finding a room close to where ever the boat launches are.

"Hey, what was your favorite room?" This will be my first time venturing away from the WDW resorts. Thanks to all

SueBill
03-24-2006, 07:06 PM
Do you get credit for your stay at a Loew's hotel when using an Annual Pass Holder discount ? :confused3

AlexandNessa
03-25-2006, 05:45 AM
SueBill, no, you don't. The only discounted rate that qualifies for Loews perks is AAA. :(

SueBill
03-25-2006, 08:39 PM
Thanks.. that is what I thought but wasn't sure.

sarahg311@hotmail.co
03-27-2006, 11:30 AM
Ok so now I'm a little confused. I just booked a room at HRH for 3 nights in may with a APH discount. After I made the ressies I realized that I have a Loew's First card but from what I have been reading it wouldn't do me any good anyway right? So becasue I used the AP rate for the room I can't get the upgrade or the milk and cookies? :confused3 No biggie just wondering if I should call and give them my Loew's #. Thanks!

Sarah

Sleepy
03-28-2006, 01:19 AM
Personally, given the fact the Loews card does not make a difference in most cases unless using rack rate or AAA, I would not bother to add the number to the confirmation. Instead, I would just pull out my card at check-in and ask if there are any available upgrades. Your chances for one is about equal to those who don't even have a Lowes card.

Ruth B
05-27-2006, 03:30 PM
Does anyone know if you have to physically have your card. I have register but lost my card?. I still have the memebrship number . I have been on the Lowes site but can't see how to order a new one.
Thanks

Sleepy
05-28-2006, 09:38 AM
Do you have more than a month before your vacation (to allow time for mail delivery)? Maybe you can call Loews First and request a new card. They can also answer any other questions you may have. We just called them a couple months ago and they were very helpful with our online problem. The site did not recognize our number. The
Loews rep fixed the problem in 2 minutes. :)

mouse1
05-29-2006, 12:26 AM
I'm using the FLO rate for the PBH. Should I even bother to show my Loews gold card at all at check-in? I know I'm not entitled to the welcome gift because I'm getting a discounted rate but would they let me get a later check out time that lowes first members get?

I'm just confused. Do I show them the card to get points for this stay? Or do I just even forget I have the card at this point because I never book at the AAA rate I always book the Florida rate.

So my question is, is the loews card useless to me?

Suzan
05-29-2006, 10:23 AM
I've already made and paid for a package deal for RPR thru Universal Vacations. When I booked the package the lady said I could not use my Loews card but from what I have read on this thread it sounds like I can. Do I call Loews and just give them my reservation # at the hotel to see if I can use the card or do I call the RPR direct and give them my member # to possibly get some of the perks? Has anyone else tried this?
Thanks!

Motherfletcher
06-01-2006, 05:17 AM
Yes, call and ask to have your number put on the ressie. Or do it at check in.