PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite "snack" ?

solfan68
01-03-2011, 12:45 PM
My son and I will be there in just a short day or two and I'm open to suggestions. Trying to do new things with our snack credits this time out, including the DHS Butterfinger Cupcake ! So tell me what ya love... what IS your favorite snack ?

Sunday
01-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Without a doubt the Dole Whip. Pineapple icecream is not something I'd normally go for, but I grab one every time I can. The ice cream and juice is just so refreshing.

And of course I love the looks and the "ooooh, that looks GOOD" when I walk around eating one!

Tinkerbellie16
01-03-2011, 04:28 PM
Ditto on the Dole whip. I personally like the vanilla/pineapple swirl.

Eliza32
01-03-2011, 04:43 PM
Carrot Cake Cookie Sandwich at Writers Stop DHS. You'll need to share though as they are very rich!!

Anna114
01-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Not exciting or new but I just love Main St. Popcorn. I don't know why but it's one of my "moments" when I am there. Dolewhip float rocks too.

RCMommy
01-03-2011, 04:56 PM
A slice of Carrot Cake from the Main Street Bakery, I get it to go and eat it while watching the parade or fireworks. It is yummmmmy!

permavac
01-03-2011, 05:02 PM
Carrot Cake Cookie Sandwich at Writers Stop DHS. You'll need to share though as they are very rich!!

I second the Carrot Cake Cookie! We also love the Almond Pretzel at Kringla Bakery in Norway. Or the cheesecake brownie at the Boardwalk Bakery. Or the pretzel from Germany. Also love the Dole Whip. Gosh there are so many! :laughing:

Terri

Iris4474
01-03-2011, 06:32 PM
Definitely one of the white chocolate/caramel apples from the bakery on Main St. They rock! :cool1:

JoyMouse
01-03-2011, 07:31 PM
I like the Schoolbread from the bakery (can't remember the name) in Norway. Also...Dole whip!

ChildAtHeart82
01-03-2011, 07:52 PM
Another vote for the dole whip float! :) I tried the schoolbread on our last trip and that is a new favorite. I also really like getting fudge from the Main St. Confectionary.

lynn_s
01-03-2011, 08:05 PM
chocolate covered strawberries (goofys in DTD), or chocolate and caramel strawberries (caramel store in epcot). Anything from the caramel store in epcot...

Steph9072
01-03-2011, 08:12 PM
I second the chocolate dipped strawberries at Goofey's DDT, and the make your own bar at Goofeys is fun and yummy too. We loved the chocolate covered pretzels.

solfan68
01-04-2011, 05:35 AM
OP here... thanks for all the great suggestions. I know I have had a Dole Whip, but it has been years. This classic may have to go to the head of the list, and you've given me lots to think about !!! :thumbsup2

DreamLiveLoveDisney
01-04-2011, 05:38 AM
Definitely the school bread in Norway. Dole whips are a close second.

disneydreamin247
01-04-2011, 07:16 AM
I like the Schoolbread from the bakery (can't remember the name) in Norway. Also...Dole whip!

:thumbsup2 Another vote for Schoolbread from the Kringla bakery!

Minnie Lor
01-04-2011, 09:19 AM
My two favorites are the carrot cake cookie from the writers stop and the sweet almond pretzel in Norway. :lovestruc

RCMommy
01-04-2011, 10:16 AM
My two favorites are the carrot cake cookie from the writers stop and the sweet almond pretzel in Norway. :lovestruc

Okay, I am intrigued. Where is the Writer's Stop so I can get me a carrot cake coookie????

dani0622
01-04-2011, 02:22 PM
thanks to the OP for starting this thread. It will be my first time on the plan in February. thanks to everyone for sharing their favs. And I would not share my carrot cake cookie, lol!

Minnie Lor
01-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Okay, I am intrigued. Where is the Writer's Stop so I can get me a carrot cake coookie????

Writer's Stop is in DHS back by the Sci Fi Dine-in. I believe that you have to ask for the cookie because they keep it under refrigeration. It's about 5 or 6" in diameter and kind of like a thin but big muffin tops stuffed with cream cheese frosting. I ate mine all by myself but over an hour or so. Yum!!

Disneyfreak616
01-04-2011, 04:12 PM
Wow it is so hard to choose, there are so many great options! :) Schoolbread from Norway is a definite winner :thumbsup2 and I also love DOLE WHIPS :cloud9: and funnel cakes from Sleepy Hollow and Fife & Drum, and Mickey Ice Cream Bars of course :) and strawberry shortcake at Sunshine Seasons, and ice cream at Future World in Epcot. Pastries from Boulangerie Patisserie, CUPCAKES FROM STARRING ROLLS :lovestruc and frozen bananas! Ice cream sundaes from Mrs. Potts' Cupboard and from the Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street. Anything in the Main Street Confectionary! :) :) :) I just love Disney snacks :laughing:

And I've yet to try the carrot cake cookie! That's a must-do on my next trip! I ADORE cream cheese frosting. :cloud9:

magnetgirl
01-06-2011, 03:52 PM
Wow, all the snacks sound wonderful... my mouth is watering!!

We are going at the end of January with the Dining Plan included and I have to ask... can all of these snacks be "purchased" with the Dining Plan snack credits?
Thanks for your help answering this question... I can't wait to try everything!:yay:

Disneyfreak616
01-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Wow, all the snacks sound wonderful... my mouth is watering!!

We are going at the end of January with the Dining Plan included and I have to ask... can all of these snacks be "purchased" with the Dining Plan snack credits?
Thanks for your help answering this question... I can't wait to try everything!:yay:

Yes they can be! When you go to a place to use a snack credit for a snack, they will swipe your card just like with a CS meal, and there will be a little purple symbol that says DDP in it next to everything on each place's menu that is accepted as a snack credit on the Disney Dining Plan. :)

blu15
01-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Cant wait all sounds good

Tsbrea7
01-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Ice Cream Sandwich from Main Street Bakery!

lblume91
01-07-2011, 09:35 AM
Yes they can be! When you go to a place to use a snack credit for a snack, they will swipe your card just like with a CS meal, and there will be a little purple symbol that says DDP in it next to everything on each place's menu that is accepted as a snack credit on the Disney Dining Plan. :)

The general guideline is anything under $4 that is a single serving. If you see something that fits these rules but doesn't have the symbol, just ask the cast member. Often times they are included but the menu doesn't display it.

We are all about any & all hand-dipped ice cream cones. YUM!!! I also love the chocolate-dipped Mickey-shaped rice krispie treats. I think I could take one of everything at Goofy's Candy Co! My kids also love the icee/slurpee/slushie things at Goofy's.

weswife
01-07-2011, 09:56 AM
I love the icecream cookie sandwiches at MK bakery! So worth it! They are BIG!!!!! I split mine with DS, oh so good!!!!:wizard:

WL , QS has wonderful squares at RF! The brownies were BIG and delicious!:banana: Goofys candy shop has great choices too!:thumbsup2

CincyMouse
01-07-2011, 11:38 AM
Mickey head ice creams, Dole Whip, make your own at Goofy Candy Co. MMMMMMMMMM:love:

marcyinPA
01-09-2011, 12:26 PM

Yup! I was just going to post this! They are HUGE. We could have shared, but we had a lot of snack credits to use up, so we each got our own. I couldn't finish mine!

The last time we were in WDW, they counted as a snack credit. (2009) Anyone know if they still count?

annie1995
01-09-2011, 05:59 PM
Ditto on the dole whip float!! We also love going to Sunshine Seasons in Epcot, they have various desserts you can get for a snack credit. My favorite is the Soarin Brulee (creme brulee):cloud9:. OMG yum!!!

disneydreamin247
01-09-2011, 07:11 PM
This thread is just torture for a pregnant lady :sad2:

juliebean
01-11-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm going to have to try a carrot cake sandwich to see if it's the same - but I make a carrot cake cookie with cc frosting - it sounds the same - always gets rave reviews, right up there with swedish rosettes and peppermint marshmallow cookies. If you bake it's a really good recipe to try - although time consuming. I believe it is on Martha Stewart.

Disneyfreak616
01-11-2011, 04:22 PM
This thread is just torture for a pregnant lady :sad2:

Hahahaha I can imagine! :rotfl: It's torture if you're not pregnant too!!! But I'll be there in 3 days so I can handle it for now lol.

disneydreamin247
01-11-2011, 06:18 PM
Hahahaha I can imagine! :rotfl: It's torture if you're not pregnant too!!! But I'll be there in 3 days so I can handle it for now lol.

Lucky! I see you're just a bit north of us city folk...are you expecting any snow from the storm we're getting tonight?

disney777
01-15-2011, 11:47 PM
Cappucinno float and funnel cake from Sleepy Hollow, Poynesian chips at Capt Cook's at the Poly, Strawberry shortcake in Sunshine Seasons, sweet almond pretzel/cloudberry horn from Kringla, beignets at POFQ, Magic cookie at POR. And one of my most recent favorites has been the sugared almonds you can buy at a few of the parks. On my last day I pick up a few of them to take home. I always seem to have a lot of snack credits to use, and these give me the best "value" and are really good. They don't take up a lot of room and they last over a week. And of course ice cream is good anywhere in the parks!

magicmom2007
01-16-2011, 12:03 AM
Schoolbread from Kringla Bakery in Norway, Dole Whip, and a Cinnamon Sugar pretzel I got at EPCOT but I don't know the name of the stand where I found it!

w0rM
01-16-2011, 12:11 AM
Ok, I'm boring but I love the pretzels you can get at a lot of places around the parks. Dole whips are pretty awesome too. :)

PurpleNurple
01-16-2011, 12:16 AM
I'm looking forward to giving the Dole whips another chance when it's not 41 degrees outside. :) I think my favorite has always been the frozen lemonade. It's harder to find than I remember, but I've always loved those.

SabbyR
01-17-2011, 06:45 PM
carrot cake cookie with cream cheese icing!

nkereina
01-17-2011, 06:54 PM
Where do people get the loaded rice krispie treats from? There's another thread with snack pictures and there's several of rice krispie treats covered in candy that you pick out. Also, where in DHS is this butterfinger cupcake? Must try!

disney777
01-17-2011, 09:26 PM
Where do people get the loaded rice krispie treats from? There's another thread with snack pictures and there's several of rice krispie treats covered in candy that you pick out. Also, where in DHS is this butterfinger cupcake? Must try!

Goofy's Kitchen in DTD has build your own rice krispie treats, and the cupcake is at Starring Rolls. They are yummy and rich.

CoolDisneyCat
01-19-2011, 04:29 AM
I love the cheesecake brownies from the Boardwalk Bakery!

csmommy
02-08-2011, 02:11 PM

Can you still use a snack credit to get one?