PDA

View Full Version : Help! WDW Wedding and brunch on the sly

c.langtry
01-03-2011, 09:44 AM
Lets get to the short and the sweet of it. I'm a DVC member and my family and I love Disney. We are getting married the end of this year in WDW, commuting from PA. I may want the destination wedding but I refuse to pay the large sums of $$$$ that Disney is telling me I must pay. If you say the word "wedding" (first mistake) you are automaticly giong to spend at the very least $12,000. They don't cutomise to fit your budget or style, it's a one-of-three package deal. Not very Disney like in my opinion.
We are getting married by a FL resisdent Notary of the Public off site. All I want is a brunch for 50 people(most likely less) on the Monday late morning that we are getting married for the few family and friends that will be making the trek with us. I don't want decorations, special treatment, matching linnens and napkins or anything like that. We don't want traditional and aren't even using the word reception. We just want a brunch and I have my heart set on The Attic in the Boardwalk Resort. I am willing to do a large group ressie but I don't know where to begin. Does anyone have any suggestions? Tips? Related stories of overcoming small budgets? Any help is greatly appriciated.

girli565
01-03-2011, 10:17 AM
I guess you can contact the restuarants directly and see if they will let you book a group that large during their normal business hours. I know a lot of Escape brides book their own reception by doing that and some have had gorgeous lunches/dinners.

I don't know if you'd be able to book the Attic without going through DFTWs or some sort of official WDW department. Maybe contact the Disney Event group? They have a website and number... maybe another person here can get it for you.

princesswendy720
01-03-2011, 10:23 AM
You can't book a "reservation" for the attic as it is a private event space that requires disney catering. You can contact Disney catered events to set up your "gathering"..but I wouldn't call it a reception and you probably won't be allowed to wear a wedding dress. Their website is www.disneycateredevents.com. The event guidelines for a brunch at the attic would be a $1,000 minimum food and beverage expenditure.

princesswendy720
01-03-2011, 10:26 AM
Also, have you considered the memories package? It's $1,991 for a ceremony with you, your future husband, and up to 4 guests.

c.langtry
01-03-2011, 10:29 AM
Thanks! I have called their catering department for events to request a quote but hey told me I will need the reservations of all my guests to get an acurate head count and quote. I still haven't received that return call and it's been about 2 1/2 weeks. I'm so impressed with Disney's hospitality and customer service in all other aspects of vacationing in WDW so I'm a little miffed at their obviously not wanting to help attitude that I'm getting from all the people I've called to try and do this brunch. ugh.

c.langtry
01-03-2011, 10:32 AM
Thank you for mentioning that Princesswendy720. I was worried about then showing up in my little white cocktail dress and how the staff would react. If I showed up to a group brunch at a resturant they wouldn't be able to treat me differently would they? It's really just a brunch, it's our favorite meal and we wanted to share just one with our whole family that make it down. Keep the ideas coming.

princesswendy720
01-03-2011, 10:36 AM
You can wear your wedding dress to a regular dining reservation (as long as it's not in a theme park). I'm not sure if a restaurant will have capacity for 50 guest reservation though (at the same time).

girli565
01-03-2011, 10:49 AM
This is the disney events group website http://disneyeventgroup.com They have a number to call, maybe they can help you out.

RangerPooh
01-03-2011, 08:15 PM
You can also try DTD restaurants. Past brides ahve used Fulton's and Portabello's for their receptions. Since they are in DTD you can wear your wedding dress.

c.langtry
01-03-2011, 09:31 PM
Thanks guys!

jtanddolly
01-05-2011, 05:36 AM
Why don't you say you are having a "family reunion" and would like a meal for 50 people. Not a lie at all, you will have your family there and who doesn't eat at reunions? Then if you wanted to add a few special touches it would be okay too. You could make a monogram/logo with just your new last name and date and it would still be appropriate for a "family reunion".

Disney is so big on their theme of "what are you celebrating?" so see what they can do for those celebrating family getting together for a reunion.