PDA

View Full Version : Seasonal upcharge is for DDP and/or meals bought individually?

Selket
01-03-2011, 09:12 AM
I'm trying to decide whether to do the DDP or not and we are traveling around the July 4th holiday.

Will the upcharge for the DDP be in effect then? If I decide NOT to do the DDP - and eat say at Crystal Palace - is there an upcharge to the usual price of the buffet? And how much is the upcharge to buffets? Do restaurants that are not buffets have some sort of upcharge to the price of their entrees and other items?

I'm just trying to compare my costs of the DDP vs. getting meals without it and see which works out better for us but this upcharge thing is making me unsure of the costs.

Also the WDWinfo site lists the costs of Crystal Palace for dinner (adult) at $32.99 but allearsnet has it at 36.99 - no indication either place whether one is a seasonal price or what. Where can I find the right prices?

TDC Nala
01-03-2011, 09:21 AM
The DDP upcharge and the restaurant upcharge are two separate things.

Specific dates are announced for the DDP upcharge. The upcharge applies ONLY to the regular DDP (1 TS, 1 CS, 1 snack per night) and does not apply to DVC points reservations at all.

The restaurant upcharge applies only to fixed price restaurants (buffets, family style all you can eat, CRT and Akershus, possibly the dinner shows too but I can't remember for sure about the dinner shows). Disney no longer announces specific dates in which it will be in effect. But you should anticipate this between Presidents Day and Easter, high summer (Memorial Day through mid-August) and Christmas/New Years.

Yes, there will be an upcharge for the Dining Plan if you purchase the regular plan, you are not on a DVC Points reservation, and you are traveling around the 4th of July. The dates for dining plan surcharge are:

February 17-26, 2011
March 11 - April 30, 2011
June 3 - August 13, 2011
December 21-31, 2011

Yes, you would also pay an upcharge of about $4 per adult and $2 per child on any fixed price meal you attend if you do not purchase the dining plan.

The fixed price meal upcharge dates are not necessarily the same as the dining plan upcharge dates. Because Disney will no longer release the fixed price upcharge dates, we don't know the actual date range.

Selket
01-03-2011, 12:26 PM
Thanks Nala - no we're not going on DVC points.

A $4 upcharge on buffet meals is a lot! We could guess that they'll do that around the 4th of July for fixed price meals outside the meal plan.