PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dining Club

over50visits
01-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Just going through some old paperwork, and I came across a leftover, unused coupon book for the Disney Dining Club circa 1995. The price was $16.50 for a child, and included:

1 - Breakfast or lunch
1 - Lunch or Dinner
1 - One hour rental of canopy boat or sprite at Disney Marketplace (now downtown Disney)
1 - use of all transportation at WDW

Meals included appetizer/salad, entree, beverage, dessert, tax, and tip.

Included all the table service restaurants I can remember, plus the Luau. It did specify you couldn't get lobster at Coral Reef :)

Too bad it has expired!

hstrickland
01-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Interesting!! I don't remember that...of course that was moons ago. Funny how things change. It had a coupon for transportation use???

over50visits
01-02-2011, 12:23 PM
Interesting!! I don't remember that...of course that was moons ago. Funny how things change. It had a coupon for transportation use???

Yes; was a time transportation was actively restricted to onsite guests and those with park admission. IIRC Disney sold separate transportation passes you could buy for the day. Anyway, I do remember showing my pass from time to time getting on the bus. Many moons ago....

kaybird
01-02-2011, 12:33 PM
We used these, and also the old Food n Fun Packages. We even purchased a coupon book back in 1975 that included a breakfast at the Campgrounds with Chip and Dale!

hstrickland
01-02-2011, 01:58 PM
I do remember as a kid when we stayed at the CR, they had one monorail for the resorts, and one for the MK...and I think you had to show them a room card if you were getting on the resort monorail. Is that correct??? It's been so long...like 25 years ago!