PDA

View Full Version : Disney Hits Moral Low?

DEE DEE
09-11-2002, 07:59 PM
I just want to say that I loved watching Walt Disney on TV and thought the man truly loved the business he was in.He had a hard childhood and I see him now so happily waving in the train he owned ,it really was a dream come true.What a wonderful thing to build the happiest place on earth for people to love.So why is Mr Eisner setting out to tear it all down?There is a article in NewsMax that Disney is going to release two anti-Catholic movies The Magdelene and The Crimes of Father Amaro.It is under Disney Hits a Moral Low on the left side..It gets worse than this.Walt Disney would be ashamed to have his name used like this ! Why does he want all of these religions to Boycott Disney ?

Figmentrocks
09-11-2002, 08:51 PM
No offense, but NewsMax is, well, as right winged as they come and it seems as though they tend to pick a fight like the the Jerry Falwells of the world. No company makes as much family entertainment as Disney, that's all I know. And, if they release a film under lets say the Miramax banner that is supposedly anti-Catholic, so don't view it. I don't understand why certain groups claim that the left is so politically correct, but then anything that comes out that the right doesn't like, it calls for a boycott. IMHO.

Lesley
09-12-2002, 04:23 PM
Whenever there's an uproar about something I tend to think that someone is taking things out of context......I have no idea of the plots of these movies, but perhaps its a little hasty to call them anti-Catholic without seeing them.

Not really much different than folks back in the 80's saying that heavy metal was encouraging kids to worship the devil and become alcoholics and druggies. Knowing the music well myself....most of the references to these things in songs sure don't make them seem appealing....but if someone decides there's something wrong with a song you're never going to get that person to see the true intentions of the songwriter.

People hear what they want to hear and believe what they want to believe...its called prejudice. And it goes in all directions.