PDA

View Full Version : Rooms included in min expenses?

colbyky
12-30-2010, 01:27 AM
I am doing my initial budget for Disney Wishes wedding. Our guests will be staying on property...do the room costs count towards your total min for a wishes wedding?

Second, if guests pay for their own rooms, are we still permitted to count it towards our overall min? Does anyone have any experience with this?

I am new to this so any info regarding how resort room costs can factor into overall budget and minimums would be very helpful.

Thanks for sharing your info and experiences! :)

torsie24
12-30-2010, 03:18 AM
No, only payments for the wedding day - food, location, floral etc. count towards your minimum. What you or your guests pay for hotels doesn't have any effect whatsoever on the wedding budget.

You do need to guarantee that you and your guests will fill a minimum of 25 room nights.

princesswendy720
12-30-2010, 08:57 AM
Other things that don't count toward your minimum are the officiant costs and any taxes and services fees (these are calculated on top of the minimum expenditure). So if the minimum expenditure is $10,000, you'll want to factor in another $2,000 Or so in taxes and fees. And of course, payments to non Disney vendors won't count.

colbyky
11-26-2011, 10:28 PM
Thanks ya'll.

One other question...does the 25 room minimum have to be on the night of the wedding or can it be over a period of days (so if one person stays for 5 nights, 3 before the wedding, the wedding night and one after) will this count for 5/25 or can we only count the wedding night?

tric8783
11-27-2011, 10:20 AM
The 25 nights includes your room block (you can choose when to block rooms, 1 night before or 2 nights before and after the wedding), plus 5 days before and after your block.

colbyky
11-27-2011, 06:14 PM
Thanks - that is very helpful!!!