PDA

View Full Version : snack credits???

fallen_angel727
12-30-2010, 12:13 AM
is there anything on the snack menu at any park that would be large enough to replace a lunch meal?

please provide examples:thumbsup2

lilybeth11602
12-30-2010, 08:40 AM
i know in MK dh and i used ours for a soft pretzel and cheese. it was plenty for me as a lunch

Tricia1972
12-30-2010, 08:47 AM
What every individual considers a replenishment for lunch will be different. You may be best off checking out the DDP Snack Sticky at the top of this forum to see what would work for you and your family as lunch. :goodvibes

jjohnson does a fantastic job of keeping a current list of confirmed snacks that board members were able to get in the parks. It's a great guide for making plans, but it's important to know that any information you get here is totally unofficial. Disney can, and will, change their allowances whenever they want. So you'll want to double check the confirmed list right before you leave to make sure they haven't removed any 'favorites' that you were counting on for lunch. :thumbsup2

You can find the thread here http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2381706. All confirmed snacks are in the first post, so there is no need to sift through the entire thread.

hkeller27
12-30-2010, 08:48 AM
I'm not a big lunch eater on a daily basis, so most/many snacks cut it for me. Nachos, pretzels, bagel/muffin, turkey leg (though I don't thing these are a snack, sorry, getting ahead of myself!), fruit/veggie and dip snacks....or of course a dole whip float usually does it for me :)

TwoAtDisney
12-31-2010, 10:11 PM
Before our last trip, I looked over the board's snack list & jotted down some snacks we might be interested in & from that doc maybe the following are what you are looking for:

MK - Lunching Pad-cream cheese pretzel; Liberty Square Market-baked potato w/cheese; Pecos Bill's-chili cheese fries, chili;

Epcot - France Bakery-ham & cheese croissant; Norway-cheese soup; Refreshment Port-crispy fried green plantain; The Land-bowl of soup, cold salad;

AK - Anandupur Local Food Cafe-fried rice (we got one & it is very good sized), pork egg rolls;

DHS - Rosie's-mixed green salad, soup

DTD - Marketplace-nachos w/cheese; WPE-bagel w/cream cheese;

ANL - french fries, side salad, hummus

OKW - Goods-fries, onion rings, soup

Poly & Pop Century - salad, french fries, cereal, oatmeal

Enjoy.

Liltx
01-01-2011, 03:07 PM
I hope you can get a bowl of oatmeal at Pop this year for a snack. They wouldn't let us this last summer. Grits yes, oatmeal no, and they cost the same:confused3

Eeyore's Wife
01-01-2011, 03:50 PM
Ah, the great grit/oatmeal debate. We were there in September, and I was told my beloved oatmeal was no longer a snack and they offered me grits in replacement.

I just paid out of pocket.

As if Grits could ever replace oatmeal.

kaybird
01-01-2011, 04:40 PM
We got the delicious Shrimp eggrolls as a snack @ AK. We had drinks along, and was a great light lunch.