PDA

View Full Version : Premium Plan

jking6
12-29-2010, 05:24 PM
I was wondering if someone could explain the premium package. If we only wanted to do one or two nights on the plan do we have to do a room only for the rest of the vacation? We are looking at going May 14-21 or May 9-17. Would we need to do a room only the first night then start the premium package for the one or two nights and then do another room only for the rest of the time? And if this is the wrong spot mods feel free to move it.

TDC Nala
12-29-2010, 05:27 PM
If we only wanted to do one or two nights on the plan do we have to do a room only for the rest of the vacation?

You would need to have completely separate room reservations, one of them with the package plan.

Would we need to do a room only the first night then start the premium package for the one or two nights and then do another room only for the rest of the time?

Yes. The problem you will have is tickets. You must buy at least a one-day park ticket on your premium package. If you do not need tickets for your first night, then you can start the tickets with your premium stay and buy enough days on the tickets to cover the rest of your stay. Not sure why you are doing three reservations and don't just start your premium the day you check in, unless you are arriving late and want another full day to use the credits.

If you want a dining plan on the third reservation, unless you move to a DVC resort on points or have an annual pass you'd have to buy tickets on that stay too and make the reservation a package.

You will also run the risk of having to change rooms each time you check out and check back in again on the three-way split stay you book. You can request to stay in the same room, but it won't be guaranteed.

Granted, the premium/platinum plans are not the same as the Disney Dining Plans, but they are similar enough that we discuss them on the Dining Plan board.

aubriee
12-30-2010, 06:27 AM
Let me see if I've got this straight. I have an AP. I am a fan of very few CS restaurants, so usually do the DxDDP. Since there are a few CS restaurants I really like, could I as an AP holder do two nights on the Counter service dining plan, then do the Premium Plan for just two nights so I could do Cirque, Victoria & Alberts, Fultons, and as many backstage tours as I could get in, then do the next five nights on the DxDDP? I know I'd have to buy a one day park ticket for the two nights I'd be on the Premium Plan, but could save it for a later trip. I know most of the tours are early in the morning. Are there any in the afternoons? Would this be cost efficient?

TDC Nala
12-30-2010, 08:12 AM
Let me see if I've got this straight. I have an AP. I am a fan of very few CS restaurants, so usually do the DxDDP. Since there are a few CS restaurants I really like, could I as an AP holder do two nights on the Counter service dining plan, then do the Premium Plan for just two nights so I could do Cirque, Victoria & Alberts, Fultons, and as many backstage tours as I could get in, then do the next five nights on the DxDDP? I know I'd have to buy a one day park ticket for the two nights I'd be on the Premium Plan, but could save it for a later trip. I know most of the tours are early in the morning. Are there any in the afternoons? Would this be cost efficient?

Yes, you could do this.

On the resort board there is a whole thread (a friend of mine started it but I think she had to cancel her attempt because of work) about using the premium/platinum for a night or two in the middle of a stay just to get the tours. There is a LOT of information on that thread about doing just that. And if you want Victoria and Alberts, you'd have to get the Platinum plan, as it's available only on that plan.

aubriee
12-30-2010, 12:43 PM
Thanks!

cricketgirl
07-06-2011, 04:10 PM
I may be wrong here but Victoria and Albert's and Fultons are only on the Platinum package.

TDC Nala
07-06-2011, 07:29 PM
I may be wrong here but Victoria and Albert's and Fultons are only on the Platinum package.

V&A is platinum only, Fultons takes both plans.

Also note that starting in 2012 the Premium and Platinum packages are going to have a minimum stay requirement of 3 nights - so if you're still looking to do one or two nights, better do it this year.