PDA

View Full Version : dratts! missed the Dec 20th deadline to book free dining

markpenske
12-29-2010, 12:03 PM
Well, I was planning on taking advantage of the free dining plan. We were planning on booking a trip for September 2011 on the free dining. I went to book it and noticed it is no longer availible. Deadline was Dec 20th for booking. Do you think they will re-offer free dining? I know they have the past few years. Any inside word?
Thanks

p.s.
This is actually the second time I messed up. When we were there last September we were offered free dining if we booked while were were there.

TDC Nala
12-29-2010, 12:14 PM
No way to know. They have never offered it this early before.

Sandisw
12-29-2010, 04:43 PM
I think it depends on how well the promotion went. If a lot of people took advantage of the early booking, then the chances of it coming out again are less likely than if they didn't bring in the bookings as they hoped.

JMO, but I think they offered it early because it seems to be a very popular promotion and Disney figured offer it upfront, see what happens, and then they can gear the rest of the promotions for 2011 based on that.

Hope it does come back for you though!!!

Albertan mom
12-29-2010, 09:45 PM
Ugh, me too!

I thought it was offered until Dec 31st!

Now they only have 35% off offered as the Special Offers. which is good, but not as fun as free dining!

catne
12-29-2010, 11:58 PM
I would keep watching for it...we booked the day before the 12/20 deadline and I checked several hotels (mods & deluxe) and had any choice rooms at all the hotels I looked at (preferred, view, no view, club level, standard, etc.) Basically I could have booked whatever I wanted at 2 different mods and 2 different deluxe hotels for the week including Labor Day holiday weekend. So not sure it went over all that well yet...I'd guess they still have plenty of rooms so may very well offer it again in the Spring like they have before this.

Mermaid2sea
12-30-2010, 05:49 AM
Disney UK have extended their offer the US may follow.

TDC Nala
12-30-2010, 08:32 AM
Indications are that the next discount offered will be a 4 night "kids stay and play free" package, not free dining. Stand by and keep watching.

gwiz5kids
12-30-2010, 11:09 PM
My trip is so far away, but i hope that they will still offer some kind of discount.