PDA

View Full Version : Engagement Photos Question

Pumbaa7287
12-28-2010, 06:22 PM
The lady and I will be traveling to the World in July for a trip with my parents, and we wanted to do an Engagement photo session. At first I was looking at a private photopass session at our hotel (we'll be staying at the AKL) but then I stumbled upon some photos that were done by Disney Event Photography that were of a totally different (in a good way) quality. I was wondering, since I couldn't find it on the Disney Event Photography website, what the prices were like for an engagement photo session. I am sure this has been covered somewhere but I've found that sometimes on this site it's easier to just ask and be led to the thread by someone who knows what they're doing!

DisneyLeah
12-28-2010, 09:14 PM
Hello - You might want to check out the Dec 1 podcast from Inside Disney Weddings. I just happened to be listening to this one earlier today. :thumbsup2

In it, Carrie spoke about photos session options there. Here's the link: http://www.insidedisneyweddings.com/page/2/

Her PassPorters Book about Disney Weddings and Honeymoons will also have info on the options.

Good luck!
Leah

Pumbaa7287
12-28-2010, 09:22 PM
Thanks so much for the response. I will check out the podcast!

Mindyjoy
12-28-2010, 09:34 PM
I don't have any experience with WDW but I am currently researching an e-shoot and I'm finding prices ranging from $300 - $500. :thumbsup2

Pumbaa7287
12-28-2010, 09:48 PM
Thanks Mindy! I called earlier when I read about PhotoPass and found the price is 99.95 for a 30 minute session with a photographer, but many people seemed to think the quality you got was very dependent on the photographer you got, so I'd rather do something more professional as long as the cost is reasonable.

Mindyjoy
12-28-2010, 09:55 PM
I can only speak for Disneyland but I've found the PhotoPass service to be questionable. Some photos are great and some come out blurry or the lighting is bad. Maybe it's different when someone follows you around. :confused3

The professionals I've been contacting are usually offering a 2 hour session for the $300-$500. I think $300 seems reasonable, but then again I've never had to research this before, haha.

ValerieDFTWBride
12-29-2010, 07:34 AM
Hi, we had our engagement photos done by Disney in November and the price was $300. It was a one hour shoot and you get 4x6 proofs of the pictures and a soft cover album with 24 prints I think. We upgraded to the hardcover album for $65 extra...but I haven't received it yet so I cant give details on the quality. We were really happy with the way our pictures turned out, but like everything there were some we loved but there were also some we didn't love.

Sccrmnky2005
12-29-2010, 08:28 AM
Yes if you go through Disney they charge $300 for one hour. I looked into them, but also researched outside photography options and decided that I can get more for my money if I used outside. I choose David and Vicki Arndt. They have a Facebook page with lots of pictures, and they update it often. They also have a website.

http://davidandvickiarndtphoto.com/?pageID=292815

They charge $200 for a two hour session wherever you choose that is outside the theme parks. We went to two different places and had the time of our lives with them!! We had our e-shoot back in April and still keep in touch with them WEEKLY! It's amazing but they have kept a great relationship with us and can't wait to use them for our wedding!:goodvibes

There are many other outside photographers you can compare, that have done many dieny e-shoots and weddings! GOOD LUCK!!

Pumbaa7287
12-29-2010, 07:16 PM
I did the research today on a Disney Event Photography one hour session at the World Showcase. The lady I spoke to on the phone was very nice and sent me a personal email with their brochure immediately after the conversation we had.

I think we're leaning towards the World Showcase, since you get to go in before it's open to the public, but it's going to be VERY hot in July when we'll be there for our birthdays, so staying at our home resort (Animal Kingdom Lodge) and staying in the A/C is also a tempting option.

The price is normally $310, but as DVC members, if my parents book it they get 20% off, and also a couple of free 5x7 portraits. They are considering doing it for us as a joint birthday gift.