PDA

View Full Version : OBC questions...

Wazzo
12-28-2010, 04:16 PM
What happens to unused OBCs that were applied by a travel agent? I'm assuming you don't get to cash that money in, right?

Are you allowed to transfer some of your TA OBCs to a friend's cabin halfway through the cruise?

Thanks!!

kcashner
12-28-2010, 04:31 PM
OBC appears on your statement in 2 forms. Non refundable = from DCL. Use it or lose it. Refundable = can be refunded back to the person who paid it if not used. Translation, would go back to your TA. You cannot transfer OBC between cabins, but you can buy a drink for your friend on your KTTW card...or a souvenier, or whatever.

I don't know how you end up with extra onboard credit unless you win a huge prize of OBC. We use ours for our tips; in fact my goal is to have enough OBC to cover the tips. Any extra is for a fun thing or two. On the rare occasions when I had a few dollars of OBC left at the end of a cruise, I gave it to my favorite CM as an increased tip.

The above does NOT apply to any credit that YOU may place on your account in advance. If YOU paid it, it is fully refundable to you.

Wazzo
12-28-2010, 05:37 PM
Thanks! That's very helpful. :goodvibes