PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me about DCL kid's clubs...

allonte
12-28-2010, 11:50 AM
On the Dream, my DD will be in the room for 4-10 year olds. She'll be 6 when we set sail. It seems like a lot of room for them to run around. Is there a lot of supervision? 9 and 10 year olds seem pretty old to be in with 4 and 5 year olds. What is the check in process like?

aseyrick
12-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Here's my previous post on the OC ...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2610429&highlight=oceaneer

Hope it helps ...

allonte
12-28-2010, 04:02 PM
Thank you so much. I'm not a germ-a-phobe but I definitely have the only child syndrome, lol. I know my little social butterfly will have no problem jumping in. It's just the wide age range freaks me out a bit. :)

kcashner
12-28-2010, 06:58 PM
They used to strictly regulate things by age; that didn't suit some families because there was always a sibling or cousin who "had to" be in the other group. Now it's the kid's choice...but what really happens is that most of the time the kids stick to the ages that an activity is primarily intended for. You don't see a lot of 10 year olds who want to participate in activities designed for the 3/4 set. They CAN, but they don't choose to. Equally, you don't see a lot of 3 year olds asking to do an activity primarily intended for 9/10s. In the Navigator, it does give a "suggested" age for the various activities, but anyone in the Club/Lab group is allowed to do any activity. This solved the issue of parents wanting to move kids to different age groups.

Yes, they are very well supervised.