PDA

View Full Version : Pre-pay expenses?

zaz
12-28-2010, 08:09 AM
Hi,

I have reserved excursions, Palo, and want to pre-order the wine package, and the DCL beer mugs.

So, for the whole family, I wish I could pay about 1500 $ right now, 1 month and a half before the cruise, so that during the cruise, and shortly thereafter, I do not have a huge bill to pay. (and I have a very low maximum on my credit card, so paying the 'extras' after the fact might not work).

Any way of doing this?

My cruise is already paid in full.

Thank you.

luvdisney24
12-28-2010, 08:14 AM
Just call your TA or DCL and tell them you want to put money in your On Board Account. They will gladly charge your card for the amount you wish.

diznefamily
12-28-2010, 08:21 AM
I just ordered the premium wine package and captain cigar package and those have to be paid when ordered. The others you can call and pay as well. Good luck.

zaz
12-28-2010, 04:13 PM
Thank you for your advice! I've just called, bought the gifts and amenities I wanted, and pre-paid a huge amount.

Thank you again!

kcashner
12-28-2010, 06:16 PM
You can also pre-pay tips if you choose. Same thing, just call DCL or your travel agent.

When you pre-pay items that do not have to be paid in advance, what they actually do is to place a credit on your account. Then as you purchase items, reservations, etc. you are spending into that credit balance.

bella-noel
12-28-2010, 10:10 PM
What happens if you have'nt used all of your on board credits by the end of the cruise?

kcashner
12-28-2010, 10:16 PM
What happens if you have'nt used all of your on board credits by the end of the cruise?

If YOU put the money in, it will be refunded to you. On your statement, it will show 2 different codes.
non-refundable OBC = from DCL. This will be applied to the account first.
refundable OBC= from TA or money that you put in. This will be refunded to the person who put it in if it is not used. Any money from your TA will be used before any money you paid in.

and ...if you use up all the money you have put on your account, they will bill your credit card or whatever means you used to secure the account. If you are running a cash account they will send a memo to your cabin advising you that they need more money.