PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick my dress!

kjg5
12-27-2010, 05:24 PM
Ok, I've put on a few pounds, and although I'm working them off, I'm afraid I won't be skinny enough in time for the wedding, so I think I need to buy a new dress. The wedding is on Castaway Cay, so the original dress was very simple, but since then I've fallen in love with pick-ups. Here's the original dress:
http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae71/kjg56/Disney%20World%20Engagement/MyWeddingDress.jpg

I'm torn between these 2 dresses as a replacement of that one, and I apologize for the size of some of these- I can;t seems to get photobucket to work today. Both are in white but I'll be ordering them in ivory. My miserable expression is due to shopping with my mother, and in no way reflects my opinion of the dress :lmao:

Option #1: No train, satin, matching sash
http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae71/kjg56/DSCF1152.jpg
http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae71/kjg56/DSCF1153.jpg

Option #2: lace-up corset with removable back, sweep train
http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae71/kjg56/DSCF1154.jpg
http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae71/kjg56/DSCF1156.jpg
The panel underneath the lacing in removable, so the corset will lace up against my skin. This one is also taffeta, so it's MUCH lighter.

I'm having such a hard time deciding! Please help!!

Disneybuckeye
12-27-2010, 05:32 PM
I like your original dress best. I think it is will look wonderful for a beach wedding. Congratulations and good luck with your decision.

sambycat
12-27-2010, 05:45 PM
i'm sure this doesn't help, but i like your first one best, followed by the third? you look lovely in each - not sure if the first one def. doesn't fit or just concerned it won't be as comfortable as you'd like? whatever you feel the best in you should go for!!

puente0629
12-27-2010, 05:47 PM
The original dress was made for you...definitely go with the original dress, you do not want a heavy dress in the middle of an island.

FutureMrs.B
12-27-2010, 05:48 PM
I agree with the previous poster. The original one is very pretty and classic and i think perfect for a beach wedding. However out of the 2 new ones I liked the first one. Good luck with your choice. I'm sure whichever one you choose you'll look beautiful. :goodvibes

Krysssyann
12-27-2010, 05:49 PM
agreed with other two - like your first one best esp for a beach wedding

ktlm
12-27-2010, 05:52 PM
I think your new Option #2 is absolutely gorgeous! They are all pretty though and you look skinny in all of them!

donald&daisy
12-27-2010, 05:57 PM
I much prefer your original gown. I think you look really hot, lol. If I had to choose between the others, I like the one with the green sash. But I would stay with your first pick, especially for an island wedding!

pixie921
12-27-2010, 06:18 PM
I also vote for the original dress, as long as you'll be comfortable in it! It looks really nice on you. :goodvibes

PartofDisney'sWorld
12-27-2010, 06:30 PM
Another here in favor of your original dress. While the other dresses are very pretty (and I am a big fan of pickups too!), I think you look magnificent in the first one, whether it's a beach wedding or not. If I had to pick between the other 2 I would also go for the one with the green sash.

Butler_chic07
12-27-2010, 06:55 PM
Original Dress :)

I like them all but I think the original dress is PERFECT for you and for your wedding. :)

chryscrazy
12-28-2010, 12:00 AM
I hate to say the original since you seem to be loving the pickups, but it really looks stunning on you. I also think the others would look a little silly at a beach wedding.

Can you have the original let out?

Do you really love the pickups that much or is it a case of second guessing yourself?

kjg5
12-28-2010, 07:04 AM
I love that you all like the original best! Honestly I do too, but since I've gained weight, it doesn't look nearly as nice as it does in that photo. That photo was taken in July, and while the dress technically still fits, and even has to be taken in a little at the waist, I HATE how it clings right to my gut and all the fat I've accumulated around the hips and thighs. I was a Juniors size 0 when that picture was taken, I'm now a Juniors size 7 (in adult sizes, I went from 00 to 4). It doesn't look nearly as flattering anymore- I'm too embarrassed to post a pic of how it looks now.

Plus, and this is a big one- my fiance hates the first dress. I'm not big on tradition, so I let him see that pic of me in the dress, and let me tell you- he was definitely NOT a fan. He thinks it looks more like a nightgown that a wedding dress. He wants me to get a big dress, and I don't want to marry him in a dress he doesn't like. Oh what to do!

Thanks for all the opinions ladies! You guys rock!

princesswendy720
12-28-2010, 08:16 AM
If you don't feel comfortable/confident in that dress, then you definitely shouldn't wear it just because you loved it when you bought it. I voted for it based on the style. I think what most people here like about it is the easy, carefree, beachy feel to it. The other dresses are beautiful but are definitely more formal.

I know David's Bridal has some nice, flowy chiffon dresses that would be great for a beach wedding if you are set on getting a new dress.

kjg5
12-28-2010, 10:46 AM
^^ DF hates simple dresses- I showed him tons of different light chiffon dresses (I tried on dozens), and he wasn't a fan. He wants a big ball gown with pick-ups- which is what convinced me to look into a new dress. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE pick-ups, but I agree with pp's that it's too formal for a beach. Also, my mom wants to pay for the dress, she said if I get a new one, it can't be similar to the old one- it has to be completely different.

The old dress fits comfortably, but I don't feel comfortable in it. I feel fat in it :sad1: I'll probably end up keeping it- hoping I can work off the weight in time and DF will just have to deal. Dress shopping is too much work! lol

Mindyjoy
12-28-2010, 12:15 PM
I like the original dress and with some jewelry, veil, and bouquet it won't look like a nightgown at all. I know you want DF to like the dress but ultimately you are the one who has to wear it and look at the pictures for the rest of your life. Try going to Bloomies and get yourself some Spanx and see if the dress fits better. (I love my Spanx, they make such a HUGE difference with whatever I'm wearing.)

The pick-up dresses are pretty, but to me they are just, "whatever" ... they look like every other dress out there. Your original dress is unique and perfect for a casual beach wedding, and has a little bit of va-va-voom thrown in there too. I :lovestruc it!

kjg5
12-28-2010, 12:40 PM
^^ OMG how did I forget about Spanx?!?! Brilliant! Thank you! Fantastic advice all around :goodvibes

ConniegB
12-28-2010, 03:16 PM
:banana: I would go with the original dress, looks more beachy, if that doesn't work for you then #3. But you looked very nice in all of them. Best of Luck!:hug:

disneydreamingdebby
12-28-2010, 03:29 PM
I voted for #1. I think it looks wonderful, but I too agree that you have to love it! I think that #1 looks elegant while the pick-ups are cute. My second choice would be #2. I think the bodice on #3 competes with the pickups and corset back - too much going on.

You have four months until the wedding, which is plenty of time to lose weight with very little modifications. I am not saying you need to lose weight at all; you seem to be worried about the weight you put on. I wonder if it will bother you no matter the dress?

Have a wonderful time. I am a believer in when you put on the right dress you know it, so which of the three is the right one?

ToddyLu
12-28-2010, 06:44 PM
#1 :thumbsup2

*Pixiedust1438*
12-28-2010, 07:08 PM
I like #2 the best, I think it is the most flattering on you, however, I am not a fan of the green sash, if you go with #2 I would have the sash be white. You look great in all of them.