PDA

View Full Version : Spa Specials - Tell me what specials you have seen and how much?

Tink113
12-27-2010, 06:07 PM
I am going on the Magic in about 30ish days and would like to catch a special. My hubby got me a gift card for xmas for a massage at at local spa here, so I am canceling the one I had booked on the ship. But.... I do feel like I could justify a trip to the Spa if I scored a deal with a spa special. :lovestruc

What specials have you seen? How much were they? When were they? What did you think if you participated?

Also, random question. YEARS ago, like 2001, I went on my 1st Disney cruise on the magic and my mom signed up for some kind of hydro bath thing that she really liked. I have not seen this listed on the DCL site and was wondering if they still offer it and how much. I am thinking of surprising her with this on our upcoming cruise.

kcashner
12-27-2010, 07:14 PM
Hydrobath--any of the villa treatments include time in the whirlpool tub with your choice of bath salts. This is in addition to the foot massage, whatever treatment you choose, etc.

Spa specials....embarkation day--typically $30 off any treatment of $100 or more. Sometimes 75 minute massage for price of 50 minute. Port day specials vary, but tend to be offered if services aren't filling up. There are things like a series of up to 8 items offered...choose any 3 for $99, any 5 for $130, etc. These include things like scalp massage, neck and shoulders massage, etc. You'll also sometimes see rainforest specials if they aren't selling enough passes--like on a 7 night cruise, they might offer a 3 day pass part way thru the cruise.

Tink113
12-28-2010, 08:38 AM
Thanks so much for the info. My cruise is sold out, so not sure if I will see any specials. lol

diznefamily
12-28-2010, 09:02 AM
I would think that since there are so many more passengers on the Dream that they will not have a problem filling up. I just hope they do not oversell the rainforest room.:scared1:

CalDisfans
12-28-2010, 10:18 AM
We are cruising on March 27. This is our first Disney cruise. What is the Rainforest room, and it's cost?

Gigi22
12-28-2010, 10:27 AM
CalDisfans--the Rainforest Room is a co-ed section of the spa that has (at least on the Magic) several special shower areas, a steam room, sauna, and about a half dozen gently heated tiled recliners. You can purchase a one day pass from the Gifts and Amenities portion of your online check-in area of the DCL website. When I checked in the early fall, the cost for a one day pass was $15. You can also get length of cruise passes. Not sure about other durations.

diznefamily
12-28-2010, 11:22 AM
What is the rainforest room? For me, pure relaxation worth every penny and then some. My absolute favorite thing to do on the cruise. I like to relax on the heated tiled chairs while my DH loves all the different steam rooms. We try to hit it a couple of times a day. We find relaxing in there gives us the energy to make it through the night.