PDA

View Full Version : another room block question...and solution

chryscrazy
12-27-2010, 03:11 PM
Sorry I know this has been addressed before, but I've searched the threads and haven't been able to find an answer.

Has the room requirement gone away? I know it is 25 nights to get a free night, but is the minimum required for a Wishes wedding still 10 nights? I thought I had seen on here that there is no minimum anymore. I think all of my family wants to stay offsite and I'm freaking out.

Just wanted to add that my wedding coordinator sent me a LOA that included the room block and when I emailed him he said he could take it out and send me a revised LOA.

princesswendy720
12-27-2010, 03:15 PM
What my consultant told me is that they are flexible with it...so in some cases I don't think it is required. I'd talk to your consultant/planner about it and see what they say.

chryscrazy
12-27-2010, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. Is it in the LOA? They are preparing mine soon so should I go ahead and ask about it before signing it?

sambycat
12-27-2010, 04:07 PM
i would say you have plenty of time to address it even after the LOA - because you can opt out at a late date. i thought it was 25 NIGHTS, for the gratis room; but i think there is a minimum you are supposed to do to be a wishes wedding (isn't it 4 nights for the wedding couple for escape?). anyways, there is a great episode of carrie's/lurkyloo's podcast about it in detail a few episodes back, as well as the passporter's guide is a great reference if you don't already have it. good luck!

julierocks
12-27-2010, 10:51 PM
We just got our LOA and and it had the room block requirements specifically stated in it. So if your's doesn't have the requirement then I'm a little confused. Did you ever mention to them that you wouldn't have guests staying on site?

PartofDisney'sWorld
12-27-2010, 11:44 PM
Our LOA has the room block mentioned, and then a stipulation that we are allowed to remove the room block at least 60 days before the wedding at no penalty. I would definitely mention something to your coordinator before they draw up your LOA, just in case.

chryscrazy
12-28-2010, 12:56 AM
I don't have the LOA yet. I spoke with Bill about the room block before Christmas and he told me I could lower it to 10 nights up to 60 days out, and I thought that would be fine, but when I was at home for Christmas my dad let me know he's planning on renting 3 villas to hold most everyone. He's not too thrilled with the idea of a Disney wedding because he thinks it's putting a hardship on everyone. I haven't been able to ask Bill about it again because he was on vacation until today. I came here first because I'm a little afraid to mention it to him. Really I think that would be a deal breaker and my dad won't agree to the wedding (he's paying all but the photographer) if I have to guarantee 10 nights.

Thanks for all the replies. I will email Bill tomorrow and ask him about it.