PDA

View Full Version : Which onsite resort has the best spa?

AJKMOM
12-27-2010, 03:10 PM
I tried to research this on the official Disney website, but one place shows 3 spas, another click says every resort has a spa.

DIS'ers know more, so can you recommend a spa for a 24 year old, so I can treat my daughter when we go in May?

Thanks.

Pakey
12-27-2010, 03:20 PM
You can get treatments at almost every resort but it would be in a training room type of environment, not a day spa type of environment.

The 3 spas on site are at the two Niki Bryan spas (at GF and SSR) and the Mandara spa at the Dolphin.

I like the SSR spa the best of the 3. You can go to the website relaxedyet.com for the Niki Bryan spas with information regarding treatments and pricing.

soontobehoyt
12-27-2010, 03:21 PM
Never been to the Dolphin but both the GF and SSR are fantastic, full service spas.

AJKMOM
12-27-2010, 11:25 PM
Thanks, she'll be thrilled to have a day away from her little brother. :lmao::banana:

AJKMOM
12-30-2010, 09:45 AM
Going to try SSR spa, thanks.

Anyone else?

MickeyNicki
12-30-2010, 01:33 PM
The Dolphin has the best spa, the Mandera

AJKMOM
12-31-2010, 02:38 PM
anyone else?

julirina
12-31-2010, 08:23 PM
Keep in mind that WDW also refers to hot tubs as "spas" -- therein might lie the "every resort has a spa" confusion.

Just clarifying. I know nothing about spa treatments -- although my college roommate painted my toenails for me once. :rotfl:

Sammie
12-31-2010, 08:50 PM
SSR hands down over GF. :thumbsup2

Disney Princess
12-31-2010, 09:12 PM
We've never been to the S/D spa, but we LOVE the spa at SSR. We enjoy it a lot more than the spa at GF. Enjoy the pampering!!

AJKMOM
01-01-2011, 12:06 AM
Keep in mind that WDW also refers to hot tubs as "spas" -- therein might lie the "every resort has a spa" confusion.

Just clarifying. I know nothing about spa treatments -- although my college roommate painted my toenails for me once. :rotfl:

That's my experience, too. Thanks!.

poly princess
01-01-2011, 12:20 AM
:dance3::dance3::dance3:

I have been to GF spa and SSR spa and I think the one at SSR is much better. The reason why is b/c its much bigger. The treatment rooms are bigger, lounger is bigger and facilities are nicer. GF I feel cramped, SSR I feel more relaxed. Plus I have been to GF and the jacuzzi was broken, never had this problem at SSR. I know if I was only at WDW for 2 days or so I would do GF and enjoy a treatment, but if I am on vacation and to R-E-L-A-X I go to SSR. Want to try Mandra but can not comment since I have not been there yet.

Enjoy!!!
Poly Princess

ML_LovesDisney
01-01-2011, 07:15 AM
I haven't been to any but SSR, but SSR was VERY nice and I got a great pedicure there.

wenbar
01-01-2011, 07:23 AM
Hi All,
In my opinion the spa at th GF is the best on the grounds. I had a message and a facial thst were to die for mmmm! The staff was great and treatments were very relaxing.

Beka
01-01-2011, 08:46 AM
Loved, loved, LOVED the Mandara spa at Dolphin when we were there in October.
http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt243/MBDisneyFan/10710034.jpg

http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt243/MBDisneyFan/10710008.jpg

Ambassador
01-01-2011, 10:32 AM
I looked into this question earlier, and found the Ritz Carlton and Saratoga Springs to most recommended. DisUnplugged did a segment on this, and they the Ritz to be the best.

MissyDVC
01-01-2011, 11:12 AM
We LOVED the SSR spa!:lovestruc

k&a&c'smom
01-01-2011, 12:05 PM
I have not been in Mandara, but of the GF/SSR spas, I think the SSR is a bit nicer. Larger, mostly - the treatments are the same, but the spa itself has more (lockers, shower area, etc.).

Having said that, if I'm staying in the MK area, I prefer to go to the GF spa. Elsewhere, I'd choose SSR. Enjoy!:goodvibes

AllieV
05-19-2011, 11:32 AM
This is an older thread, but since I'm looking into spas myself, I figure others might still be, too.

Four years ago I went to the Grand Floridian spa and although it was pretty, I was disappointed overall. I recall it was small and you just went into your room after changing. I might have missed it, but I don't remember seeing a common area where you could go in a pool or hot tub or saunas or even a tea room. Or perhaps it was so underwhelming that I skipped it.

I came searching here for a thread to see how the SSR spa was. I may check out the Dolphin since I'm staying at BW.

diskids2
05-19-2011, 12:50 PM
I have never been to SSR or GF, but did go to the Spa at the Dolphin. I absolutely hated it. I found the services to be lacking and the service itself was not that great.

My daughter and I went and it was so bad, we actually received a full refund.

AllieV
05-19-2011, 01:52 PM
did go to the Spa at the Dolphin. I absolutely hated it.
Oh how disappointing. I really wanted to skip over there from BW. Hmm. Can you elaborate?