PDA

View Full Version : What to do???

steelek_29
12-27-2010, 02:47 PM
Hi everyone!! I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question. I need some advice. I'm doing a DCL trip December 29, but I'm arriving tomorrow 5:00 am (more or less)... I can't go to the hotel (POP) until 3:00 PM b/c that is the check in time. ANyway... The question is, what should I do tomorrow before I check in??? Should I go to DTD??... What can I do in DTD apart of shopping ? Do any of u know a nice please to have breakfast? I have tickets to the park, but I'm using them after the cruise (staying one week at the POP...

I really need your advise please!!! :scared1:

kcashner
12-27-2010, 02:53 PM
Hopefully you are doing DCL on DECEMBER 29...or are you staying at WDW for a month?

Go directly to your Disney hotel. If your room is ready, you will have access to it early. The 3 pm check in time assures you that the room will be ready by then, but they will let you have the room as soon as it has been prepared for you. We've been able to get into our room as early as 10 am.

Secondly, if the room is not ready you can check in anyhow and get your KTTW card. Then you can go wherever you wish--a park, DTD, or whatever. The bellman will hold your luggage at the hotel and it will be in your room after the room is ready. They will send you a text message with your room number when it is ready. If you don't have a cell phone they will give you a number you can call from any "house" phone or guest services station. Your dining plan, park tickets, etc. will start as soon as you check in, even if the room is not ready.

At 5 am, the room will not be ready, but at least you can take care of the paper work and dump your luggage. And, if you are arriving at MCO at 5, it will be at least 6 till you get to WDW.

OK, breakfast. What do you want? A character breakfast at one of the resorts? Cape May Cafe has a great one. Don't want to spend that much money? The food court at POP will be available.

If you have a car, there is a McDonald's in the Crossroads shopping center just outside of Disney property as well as one on property near the Value resorts. There are LOTS of nearby casual restaurants (again, this only works if you have a car).

Park tickets are good for 14 days after the first day of use, and it is very inexpensive to add an extra day after the first 3 days. Look at your schedule and whether adding a day works for you--not sure of your cruise dates, etc.

NancyIL
12-27-2010, 02:54 PM
Is your cruise Jan. 29 or Dec. 29 (2 days from now)? You can always go to your resort first, just in case your room is ready. I wouldn't expect one to be ready at 5 a.m., but you never know!

If it were me, I would spend some time visiting the different resorts to see their Christmas decorations. Downtown Disney is primarily for shopping and dining, although you could go to a movie at the AMC Theater.

Orlando Disney Guy
12-27-2010, 02:57 PM
I am assuming you are coming in on the red eye from the west coast? I assume you menat Dec 29 not Jan 29?

You can first drop your luggage off at POP, they will hold it for you, you can even check in early, however unless a room is ready you won't be able to get into one.

Downtown Disney does not open up until 9:30. I would suggest O'Hana's at the Polynesian, Cape May Cafe @ Yacht/Becah Club or Kat Kora's at The Boardwalk Resort.

Downtown Disney does not have graet places that stand out for breakfast to me. The biggest part is shopping, there is also an AMC (opens early in the day with $6.00 movies before noon) and Disney Quest Indoor Interactive. If I knew more about your traveling group/ages and if you had your own transportation I could offer up more suggestions.

steelek_29
12-27-2010, 03:01 PM
Hopefully you are doing DCL on DECEMBER 29...or are you staying at WDW for a month?

Go directly to your Disney hotel. If your room is ready, you will have access to it early. The 3 pm check in time assures you that the room will be ready by then, but they will let you have the room as soon as it has been prepared for you. We've been able to get into our room as early as 10 am.

Secondly, if the room is not ready you can check in anyhow and get your KTTW card. Then you can go wherever you wish--a park, DTD, or whatever. The bellman will hold your luggage at the hotel and it will be in your room after the room is ready. They will send you a text message with your room number when it is ready. If you don't have a cell phone they will give you a number you can call from any "house" phone or guest services station. Your dining plan, park tickets, etc. will start as soon as you check in, even if the room is not ready.

At 5 am, the room will not be ready, but at least you can take care of the paper work and dump your luggage. And, if you are arriving at MCO at 5, it will be at least 6 till you get to WDW.

OK, breakfast. What do you want? A character breakfast at one of the resorts? Cape May Cafe has a great one. Don't want to spend that much money? The food court at POP will be available.

If you have a car, there is a McDonald's in the Crossroads shopping center just outside of Disney property as well as one on property near the Value resorts. There are LOTS of nearby casual restaurants (again, this only works if you have a car).

Park tickets are good for 14 days after the first day of use, and it is very inexpensive to add an extra day after the first 3 days. Look at your schedule and whether adding a day works for you--not sure of your cruise dates, etc.

OMG!!! HAHA I can't believe it :lmao: Yes I'm doing the NYE cruise and then I'm staying on the POP for a week... Anyway, excause my mistake LOL :lmao:

LindaBabe
12-27-2010, 03:06 PM
After dumping your luggage at the hotel and checking in (there won't be a line, at that hour, lol) -- Definitely tour the resorts! Fabulous holiday decor - and breakfast is available at most all of them.

steelek_29
12-27-2010, 03:10 PM
I am assuming you are coming in on the red eye from the west coast? I assume you menat Dec 29 not Jan 29?

You can first drop your luggage off at POP, they will hold it for you, you can even check in early, however unless a room is ready you won't be able to get into one.

Downtown Disney does not open up until 9:30. I would suggest O'Hana's at the Polynesian, Cape May Cafe @ Yacht/Becah Club or Kat Kora's at The Boardwalk Resort.

Downtown Disney does not have graet places that stand out for breakfast to me. The biggest part is shopping, there is also an AMC (opens early in the day with $6.00 movies before noon) and Disney Quest Indoor Interactive. If I knew more about your traveling group/ages and if you had your own transportation I could offer up more suggestions.

Yes is DEC 29 NYE cruise!!!
I'm doing a solo trip... Me, myself and I ;) . I won't be renting a car, so I depend on the Disney transportation. I can't believe I didn't plan this in advance. I'm finishing packing and started thinking... "What am I going to do tomorrow???" :confused3

kcashner
12-27-2010, 03:13 PM
So you are doing the 5 night cruise departing on Dec. 29? Ask when you check in, but I believe that it will cost you an extra $4 to add another park day to your ticket (I know rates recently went up, but this is what it was before the increase). Since the ticket is good for 14 days after initial use, you are just adding a day.

I agree that visiting the resorts to see the Christmas decorations is a great idea, but the Christmas stuff will be down in the parks by the time you return; you might want to see it there also.

steelek_29
12-27-2010, 03:20 PM
I agree that visiting the resorts to see the Christmas decorations is a great idea, but the Christmas stuff will be down in the parks by the time you return; you might want to see it there also.

THanks... This sounds great!!

steelek_29
12-27-2010, 03:21 PM
Thanks for all the advice!!! ;)

com_op_2000
12-27-2010, 03:36 PM
Catch a cab over to Gaylord Palms resort, from POP it is only about 4 miles. They have a very good breakfast buffett. The ICE! show is a holiday attraction that you should see. The show is a walk through that is filled with ice sculptures, slides, etc and the rooms are maintained at <36 degrees. They have heavy coats, included in price of admission, that you wear over your clothes so you do not freeze.