PDA

View Full Version : Booking onboard

adventure_woman
12-27-2010, 01:05 PM
Okay - I need this REALLY simplified for me. I want to book a dummy date cruise on our cruise next month.

So, do I just put myself down on the room, and then change the date later? (Or do I need to also put down DH, and 2 DDs?)

Will I still get the 10% discount for everyone when I book it for real at a later date? (or will it be just for me?)

Let's say that a KSF offer comes out...do I lose the 10% off when I do another offer like that?

kcashner
12-27-2010, 01:44 PM
You will get the 10% discount only on those people who you paid a deposit on while you were on board. You can change the date later or the names (but not the lead name) and keep the 10%. For instance, if you booked yourself, DH, and 2 kids and later DH had to work so your mother decided to go with you, you could change that name but keep the benefits. The onboard credit is per cabin, so you get that whether you book for one person or 4.

If another offer (like KSF) comes out before your penalty date you would be able to cancel your booking on board and book the KSF, but you would not be able to combine the offers. In addition, most of the big offers (like KSF) are announced after penalty dates and are "new bookings only." Thus, you would incur a penalty if you did a cancel and new booking.

For booking on board you get 10% of the "cruise fare" portion of each person's ticket + an onboard credit for each cabin. The amount of the OBC is based on the length of the cruise and the number of DCL cruises you have taken previously.

ruadisneyfan2
12-27-2010, 02:03 PM
On 2 occasions I was able to just book myself on a dummy date, then move to the real date and add the other 3. They all got the discount and the 1/2 deposit perk too.
My TA says they won't do it for holiday or special cruises that are very in demand. :confused: