PDA

View Full Version : Government Taxes went up?

irazabul
12-27-2010, 11:00 AM
Did anyone get an email that Gov't taxes went up? I have two ressies on the Dream for March 17 sailing. I paid the balance for both a week ago on the same day. One went thru and the other I got an email a couple of days agi saying that it did not go thru because gov't taxes went up - by almost $150 (for three person cabin). Does this sound right? Anyone have the same situation?

Booked thru Dreams Unlimited.

ruadisneyfan2
12-27-2010, 11:27 AM
Did you book them both at the same time? We are also on this sailing but just booked around 2 weeks ago, paid in full yesterday. If you booked early, it's possible taxes could go up. They are per person, not a % of the total like state sales tax is calculated.

I'd have the TA explain this better and esp why it's only on 1 cabin, not another.

We just sailed on the Magic 10/30/10 and right before we sailed, they actually refunded part of the taxes, approx $16 pp. For 4 of us, $64. Not a lot but a nice little surprise. Almost paid for our precruise hotel stay. :goodvibes

irazabul
12-27-2010, 11:42 AM
Just got an explanation. Altho the email said it was due to increased taxes, they said it was actually because my 2 year old he will turn 3 at sail time, thus pushing the price up. I can see that explanation, but going from $225 to $350? Oh well - I knew I should have asked my wife to hang on a couple days more on that child!

ruadisneyfan2
12-27-2010, 03:05 PM
Just got an explanation. Altho the email said it was due to increased taxes, they said it was actually because my 2 year old he will turn 3 at sail time, thus pushing the price up. I can see that explanation, but going from $225 to $350? Oh well - I knew I should have asked my wife to hang on a couple days more on that child!
Not nice! You could have cruised earlier too. ;)

kcashner
12-27-2010, 03:09 PM
In my opinion the best time to cruise is right before a child turns 3--if they are potty trained they can do all the 3 year old programming but only pay the 2 year old "partial" fare.

Bottom line is that they have to draw the line somewhere. Children under 3 pay a partial fare, but you'll be charged for Flounder's if you use it. Children 3 and over are charged a child's fare. Whether 2 or 3, the Oceaneer's Club is free if they are fully trained.