PDA

View Full Version : Cat 6B Disney Dream

danjulia
12-26-2010, 05:33 PM
We are sailing on the Disney Dream this spring. We booked the cruise on the first possible week of booking and, admitedly, I have not followed these boards much since (new job, etc. etc...).

It seems now that the 6B's have "white wall" balconies and I don't believe this was specified when I first booked. I truly thought that while we were on the aft end of deck 7, that we would have the same plexi-glass walls as the higher category balconies.

Can anyone shed any light on this? I am a little disappointed at having a closed in balcony. It seems like they will be similar to the "navigators verandas" on the Magic & Wonder.

I would appreciate any info as I'm trying to figure out my options (upgrade, etc.)

mmouse37
12-26-2010, 05:46 PM
We are sailing on the Disney Dream this spring. We booked the cruise on the first possible week of booking and, admitedly, I have not followed these boards much since (new job, etc. etc...).

It seems now that the 6B's have "white wall" balconies and I don't believe this was specified when I first booked. I truly thought that while we were on the aft end of deck 7, that we would have the same plexi-glass walls as the higher category balconies.

Can anyone shed any light on this? I am a little disappointed at having a closed in balcony. It seems like they will be similar to the "navigators verandas" on the Magic & Wonder.

I would appreciate any info as I'm trying to figure out my options (upgrade, etc.)

I believe it was stated that the verandahs in the back would be solid wall ones right from the beginning.....but, it turns out they are not fully solid. The upper half of the verandahs are plexiglass.....

Check out this thread with photos and great descriptions of the different categories. Actually, these verandahs are nothing like the Navigator verandahs on the Magic/Wonder. The NV are completely enclosed with just a porthole opening. The solid wall verandahs on the Magic/Wonder had the solid white railing but there was a full opening at the top...not enclosed at all.

The solid wall verandahs on the Dream turned out to be solid on the bottom (about up to your knees) and plexi on the top part of the railing making it a much more open feel.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2586763

MJ