PDA

View Full Version : Wondering when our CCard will be charged...

ariel68
12-25-2010, 08:51 PM
...for booked excursions.

We are set to sail on a 3nt Dream Cruise on March 31, 2011. Our intention is to book the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim for my DD and her BFF as well as Dolphin Observer excursions for both my DMom and myself. With the cost of the excursions totalling approx 480.00 US$, and as they are applied to your OB account right away, would they not charge our CCard immediately as our onboard account will have exceeded the 400.00 amount at which they usually 'run' your card (if I understnad what I've read on other threads correctly). Or do they wait til you are on board to do so? So confused... Our booking date for excursions is Jan 15th so I just want to make sure I have all my " i's dotted and t's crossed" I am sure I may be totally off base here. This is not the first time we have cruised but is the first time with DCL, so forgive me if this seems like a silly question. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Scotty69
12-25-2010, 09:42 PM
I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. But I think they wait untilled the day of the excursion to charge it to your account. So when they charge it that is when they will put it on your credit card. Have fun and enjoy your cruise.

kcashner
12-25-2010, 09:47 PM
The above is correct; excursions are billed on (or close to) the day of the excursion. If for any reason the excursion has to be canceled, it will either not be charged or refunded to the account. I've had it happen both ways--show up as a charge and then a credit and just never show up. Usually it doesn't show up.

One hint--if you book an excursion for your family, each person's "ticket" shows up on their account. DD was very carefully tracking HER expenditures, and freaked when she saw a large amount that she knew she hadn't spent show up.

ariel68
12-27-2010, 01:06 AM
Thank you for the responses...now to add to the confusion...:confused3

It is my Mom, my DD17 and her BFF also 17, so how will that work? Will I need to fill out our payment auth form online before we book our excursion, since my mom will have her own account and the two girls will be on mine?? Sorry, but all of a sudden I feel so lost

ruadisneyfan2
12-27-2010, 01:16 AM
If you're all in the same cabin, it gets lumped together. I've never shared a cabin with someone other than my husband so I don't know if they separate whose credit card gets billed for certain guest's purchases.

fwiw, whatever excursions we book online, show up on our bill the 1st day. We did a 7 nt cruise in Oct and our CC jetski & floats were on the bill 1st time I check it (Sat night) I assumed once they deliver excursion tix to your cabin that 1st day, then they bill your cc.

If your mom has a separate account, her excursion cost will be on her bill, not yours.

ColoradoDisneyFreaks
12-27-2010, 10:38 AM
If you're all in the same cabin, it gets lumped together. I've never shared a cabin with someone other than my husband so I don't know if they separate whose credit card gets billed for certain guest's purchases.

fwiw, whatever excursions we book online, show up on our bill the 1st day. We did a 7 nt cruise in Oct and our CC jetski & floats were on the bill 1st time I check it (Sat night) I assumed once they deliver excursion tix to your cabin that 1st day, then they bill your cc.

If your mom has a separate account, her excursion cost will be on her bill, not yours.

Actually, the charges for the excursions don't get charged to your CC until the day of the excursion (or maybe the day before). They do show up on the on board account, but don't get charged until you take them, it's easier bookkeeping for Disney if they don't charge them until they know absolutely for sure they are going to have them.

On our last 2 cruises that stopped in CC, we signed up for the Stingray snorkel and catamaran tour and both times it's been cancelled due to high winds. We've never had the charge hit our credit card, but it's shown up on the stateroom account from day 1, then, when it's cancelled, they credit the account.

smb6
12-27-2010, 11:16 AM
The cruise is a bday gift to my dad, so all typical expeses including excursions- I am covering. But, I'm sure he will end up putting a cc onto his account for personal expenses like drinks, ect... So- what do I do to make sure I get billed for his excursions rather than him? TIA

kcashner
12-27-2010, 12:17 PM

Actually, they don't get lumped together. Each KTTW card can be tied to it's own pay source. I did a cruise with 5 teens. My DD and I were on my credit card, and each of the 4 others had their own pay source. The easiest way to handle this is to put in YOUR credit card on line and list anyone you are not paying for as a cash account. Then, when you get to check in each of the other people can present their credit card.

At the end of the cruise, (or any other time you choose to check), the lead person will get a statement that will show his/her charges, a separate area for each additional KTTW authorized to her account, and a total. Each of the other people (with their own pay source) will get a separate statement. The only exception to this is that you WILL have to sign that you accept financial responsibility for any minors or they will not be allowed to charge. We had one 17 year old--I had to sign that I would be responsible for his charges even though he had his own card. Yes, they billed his card, but if he had gone over his allowed amount it would have tilted back to me. DCL is going to protect itself and get its money and it can't send a minor to collections!

Excursions show up on your onboard statement on day 1, but are not billed to your credit card until you actually do the excursion. That way, if DCL owes you a credit (for a canceled excursion), they don't have to backtrack thru the credit card company.

ruadisneyfan2
12-27-2010, 01:42 PM
I did a cruise with 5 teens. :worship:

Surely there is a place in heaven for you, maybe even sainthood. :lmao:

ruadisneyfan2
12-27-2010, 01:46 PM
The cruise is a bday gift to my dad, so all typical expeses including excursions- I am covering. But, I'm sure he will end up putting a cc onto his account for personal expenses like drinks, ect... So- what do I do to make sure I get billed for his excursions rather than him? TIA
Here is what I would do...
First find out the total cost of his excursions. If you will be cruising also, just put a credit on his account in the amount of the excursions at guest services. If not, just prepay that amount to his onboard account either through his TA or directly with DCL. For the 2nd route, I'd want something in writing as a receipt and be sure he checks that it's on his account when he boards.

smb6
12-27-2010, 02:09 PM
Here is what I would do...
First find out the total cost of his excursions. If you will be cruising also, just put a credit on his account in the amount of the excursions at guest services. If not, just prepay that amount to his onboard account either through his TA or directly with DCL. For the 2nd route, I'd want something in writing as a receipt and be sure he checks that it's on his account when he boards.

Thanks. Yes, I will be cruising also (7 of us total). I'll plan on talking to guest services once on board....

tweety38
12-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Last year I called and put the amount of the excursions and purchases that I booked prior to the cruise on my cc so that I could pay it before I went on the cruise. So much better then coming home to a huge bill.

noahdove
12-27-2010, 09:11 PM
Can we put our gift cards on the accounts? Also, the Disney Reward card? And if there is any money left over, how do we get it back? Sorry for jumping in, I hope it's ok as I have 2 extra people in my cabin...thank you:)

ruadisneyfan2
12-27-2010, 09:19 PM
Can we put our gift cards on the accounts? Also, the Disney Reward card? And if there is any money left over, how do we get it back? Sorry for jumping in, I hope it's ok as I have 2 extra people in my cabin...thank you:)

Just go to guest svcs asap after boarding and they apply gift cards as a credit to your account. I don't know how leftovers are handled. We've never had a gc that was more than $50. Tips for 4 on a 7 nt cruise are $336 so I'd need a hefty gc to get something back. lol!

I don't have a Disney rewards cc so I can't help you there but I'm sure someone else could.