PDA

View Full Version : Transportation for guest and wedding theme

Panfan86
12-25-2010, 09:20 PM
I live in Nevada but want to have my wedding at Disneyland. I recently found a few websites that rent buses for large group events. I just wanted to know if anyone has/would attempt renting something like that for their guest so they wouldnt have to drive or fly to the wedding and back home. I figured it would be easier for my guest who live here in Nevada. I would love some feedback on this idea and another one I have. So, my favorite Disney movie is Peter Pan and I would like to have it incorperated into the wedding somehow. Any ideas?:confused3

Jilian
12-26-2010, 11:48 AM
We're about 2.5 hrs from Disney World and I hadn't thought of that. It sounds like a good idea as long as everyone would be going up for the same amount of time. The only issue I can see is that some people might only want to go for a day or two while others want to do a whole week-long vacation. We're planning on going to Disney 3 days before our VR so we can have some (alone) fun time as a family first so something like that wouldn't work for us.

RangerPooh
12-26-2010, 01:48 PM
When we got married we lived in Northern California, which is a 6 hour+ drive (depending on traffic) to DLR. The bulk of our guests drove down caravan style, with many family members carpooling together. Our bridal party and some of the guests flew down. At the airport we rented a limo to take the group of us who flew together to our hotel. This option was more affordable than using Super Shuttle and nicer than a taxi.

As for incorporating a Peter Pan theme, here are a few ideas off the top of my head:
Sprinkle pixie dust on the tables (sparkly confetti)
Name the tables after locations or characters in the movie (Neverland, Indian Village, Lost Boys Cave, Skull Rock, Captain Hooks Pirate Ship, London, Mermaid Lagoon)
Use lanterns as table displays, I recall there beinga few in the movie
Treasure chests as favors, pirate loot ala Captain Hook
Play "Followingt he Leader" as the bridal party make their entrance at the reception.
If tiger lilies are real flowers you could use those.
Take a picture using a teddy bear and umbrella like John and Micahel.
Place a clock like Big Ben on your invites

Do you ahve a reception site selected yet?

Panfan86
12-27-2010, 04:42 PM
When we got married we lived in Northern California, which is a 6 hour+ drive (depending on traffic) to DLR. The bulk of our guests drove down caravan style, with many family members carpooling together. Our bridal party and some of the guests flew down. At the airport we rented a limo to take the group of us who flew together to our hotel. This option was more affordable than using Super Shuttle and nicer than a taxi.

As for incorporating a Peter Pan theme, here are a few ideas off the top of my head:
Sprinkle pixie dust on the tables (sparkly confetti)
Name the tables after locations or characters in the movie (Neverland, Indian Village, Lost Boys Cave, Skull Rock, Captain Hooks Pirate Ship, London, Mermaid Lagoon)
Use lanterns as table displays, I recall there beinga few in the movie
Treasure chests as favors, pirate loot ala Captain Hook
Play "Followingt he Leader" as the bridal party make their entrance at the reception.
If tiger lilies are real flowers you could use those.
Take a picture using a teddy bear and umbrella like John and Micahel.
Place a clock like Big Ben on your invites

Do you ahve a reception site selected yet?

I havent quite decided yet. At first, I was thinking of the Grand Californian or Disneyland Hotel Ballroom. Then I saw that you could use Studio 17(I think thats the right one) for a reception. I may be leaning more towards that one since you can pretty much decorate the ENTIRE room how you want. Any helpful tips about which one I should go for would be greatly appreciated!

Mindyjoy
12-27-2010, 05:02 PM
I agree with the AP that said you might run into trouble with people wanting to arrive at different times or stay for different lengths of time. If a bunch of people want to travel together and rent a van or bus, I don't think that you would have to be responsible for that. I have been to several destination weddings and always had to figure out my own transportation. My recommendation is to not place that added stress on yourself! :goodvibes

I am not going for a Peter Pan theme, but Peter Pan is one of my fav Disney movies and I was considering walking down the aisle to Second Star to the Right. :goodvibes