PDA

View Full Version : dolphin excursions grand cayman

2littleprincesses
12-25-2010, 11:46 AM
Just wondering about these excursions. Dd wants to do the royal swim which is on the company's website, but not on the disney offered excursions. I have heard others have tried to book through the company and now they won't let you do that if you book a disney cruise. Anyone have any experiences?

Odd wants to do the royal swim and ydd just wants to do the encounter. How do you do that?

kcashner
12-25-2010, 04:42 PM
I haven't heard of the problem of booking directly with the company on Grand Cayman although I have heard of it (and know it occurs) in Cozumel. We were able to book excursions on Grand Cayman through the same company that Disney uses on at least 2 occasions. If the company's web site won't let you do it, then you'll know that DCL has made them block it.

An aside--the best dolphin "event" we've ever done was at Discovery Cove in Orlando. It is a full day all inclusive and can be booked with or without the dolphin swim (for kids too young or others who just don't want to do the dolphins). In addition to the dolphins, there is a coral reef snorkel area, an aviary, ray pool, lazy river, etc. All animal feed, etc. is supplied.