PDA

View Full Version : St Martin car rental/ car & driver?

Jess Warren
12-24-2010, 09:11 AM
We are on the EC on the Magic in February. My parents, who have been to St Martin many times are very comfortable driving on the island, but we are just wanting to look at the options. Have any of you ever hired a driver to drive you around all day? Someone you would recommend? What about car rental deals?
Thanks in advance for you help!

Lisa loves Pooh
12-24-2010, 11:28 AM
We hired a driver in 2007. We did so as I had my son in a car seat (5 months) and for our own reasons, that ruled out excursions (we were actually on Carnival). The driver is the German man that operates a tour company, but I don't recall his name. I got it off of the DIS.

He had a cooler of drinks for us and we preplanned where we wished to definitely stop. He then created the actual route.

We hit the butterfly farm, the bar/restaurant by the beach to see the planes land, and a French bakery (he took us to one on the dutch side that was phenomenal). The airport shares a name with one of my daughters, so he took us to a sign to get her picture with it.

We had a great time. It wasn't "cheap", but it cost less than excursions and no worries about getting lost with a rental car.

I'm sorry that I don't recall his name...I would know it if I saw it.

The only caveat, due to the location of the port, he is not able to meet you inside the gates. You have to leave the Port are where he will meet you. Other tour drivers will try to solicit you as you exit. But it was really no big deal.

Jess Warren
01-02-2011, 07:34 PM
Bumping... anyone have a recommendation for a driver they have used?
Thanks in advance for the help.