PDA

View Full Version : Just Married Buttons

Renwoman
12-23-2010, 10:13 AM
When we checked in for our honeymoon this past week at Coronado Springs the front desk clerk only had "Happily ever after" buttons. She mentioned though that the parks should have the "Just Married" buttons. We checked both at Magic Kingdom and Epcot guest relations and they said they didn't have them anymore. But while we were there we saw a couple of people with them. I was so curious that I almost stopped them to ask them where they had gotten them, but didn't want to interrupt their vacation. Are these only given to those that were just married at Disney World? :confused3

Deb loves Disney
12-23-2010, 10:33 AM
When we checked in for our honeymoon this past week at Coronado Springs the front desk clerk only had "Happily ever after" buttons. She mentioned though that the parks should have the "Just Married" buttons. We checked both at Magic Kingdom and Epcot guest relations and they said they didn't have them anymore. But while we were there we saw a couple of people with them. I was so curious that I almost stopped them to ask them where they had gotten them, but didn't want to interrupt their vacation. Are these only given to those that were just married at Disney World? :confused3

We were just married on 12/3/10 at the WP and there were no just married buttons anywhere. We were pretty disappointed. Almost every CM said they had been discontinued. We were lucky enough to find 2 from a CM as we were walking into epcot. He got them from his supervisor that said they were not giving them out anymore.

crystalllize
12-23-2010, 10:58 AM
We were married last week and were told the same thing! We were given 'Happily Ever After' buttons and when I asked about the 'Just Married' buttons, I was told that they were extremely difficult to find because they weren't handing them out anymore.

We were lucky enough to have a CM who found two at the check-in desk at GF, but it didn't look like there were too many available! :confused3

Belle2Be
12-23-2010, 11:01 AM
What a bummer!

Firefly09
12-23-2010, 11:10 AM
oh darn it! I knew I should've asked for them back in October while we were there but thought it would be way too early! Wonder why they're discontinuing them.

gemmybear83
12-23-2010, 11:40 AM
I just got back from my wedding and honeymoon this week and got two lots of just married buttons, one of the old set at my dessert party in Epcot and a new set (which matches the designs of all the other buttons) at check in at Wilderness Lodge - there was space for our names to be included too.

PartofDisney'sWorld
12-23-2010, 12:23 PM
oh darn it! I knew I should've asked for them back in October while we were there but thought it would be way too early! Wonder why they're discontinuing them.

I believe this has something to do with their new theme for next year, "Let the Memories Begin", so they're not doing the "Celebrate" theme anymore, and part of that was giving out pins for things that people are celebrating, like birthdays, weddings, or first-time visitors. This totally sucks though, I was really looking forward to going to Magic Kingdom and having lots of people congratulate us. :sad1:

DisneyShamrock
12-23-2010, 12:33 PM
They have Disneyland on them, but there are a couple older and newer "Just Married" buttons on eBay.

PunttinOnes
12-23-2010, 12:45 PM
Hmm...I guess it just depends on who you see?

We got married at the WP on 10.30.10 and our wedding planner gave us "Just Married" buttons. We checked into Coronado Springs for our honeymoon and recieved the "Happily Ever After" buttons.
We then went back to the world in December to see the Candle Light Processional and checked into a different resort and again recieved the "Just Married" buttons.

We were stopped a few times on our honeymoon by couples asking where we got the buttons. I thought that maybe only the wedding planners had them...but then a month later we got them again. Weird.

I have a feeling they are discontinued and the CMs are just giving out the last of what they have...

:confused3

Deb loves Disney
12-23-2010, 01:29 PM
I'm about to head into work at epcot, I'm a seasonal CM, and I will ask one of my managers what the deal is! I will post back tonight what I find out.

puente0629
12-23-2010, 01:47 PM
If worse comes to worse you can write "Just Married" on it.We were given some "Happily Ever After" pins when we went for our floral mock-up and there's enough space to write with a marker "Just Married":thumbsup2

Honestly, at this point I don't care which pin they give me, i'm just so freaking excited!!!lol :rotfl:

gules
12-23-2010, 05:04 PM
I didn't even notice people didn't have these pins any more! As a former WDW bride myself, this year I saw a lot of "Happily Ever After" buttons and was actually quite jealous! I kept running up to couples (sometimes just half of one outside restrooms and the like) and going "Oh, congratulations!" :goodvibes I got some really surprised looks! I guess I don't think you'll get any less congrats than you normally would. After all, what other event could end in happily ever after?

Renwoman
12-23-2010, 06:50 PM
I know this sounds silly but I wanted to get my husband a non-pink button. They are both pretty girly in the first place! He was such a trooper by wearing them. Any guy that wears the Mickey mouse groom ears too deserves major props!

april2011bride
12-23-2010, 07:27 PM
We were in Disney last week for our planning session and tasting and we gathered a bunch of pins for our wedding in April. When we asked for the "just married" pins we were told that they are only for couples that get married in Disney. When we explained that we are in April they told us our wedding planner would give them to us....so who knows!!! Seems like alot of different answers!:confused3 I hope someone gives them to us!

polynesianbride
12-24-2010, 09:56 PM
We got married 12/6 and were given the "Just Married" buttons when we checked into the Poly:confused3

Ember
12-25-2010, 05:24 PM
I suspect, and I have no real way of confirming any of this, that the expectations of newly married couples was getting out of hand. So many stories are floating out there about all the freebies to be had that ending the "just married" buttons as they end the "What are you celebrating?" promotion makes sense. "Happily ever after" could mean a wedding, an anniversary, or even a romantic get away - thus taking the pressure off Disney from the high expectations of (some!) newly weds.. But, as I said, this is only a guess.

went503
12-26-2010, 06:38 PM
well im not taking a chance. My bride to be will be upset if we dont have just married buttons. SHe is a former disney CM and a disney finatic. So i just went online to the wdw store and purchased two pins for our disneymoon coming up in may. 2.99 a piece if anyone wants to know. Congrats to all the other disneymooners.

Deb loves Disney
12-26-2010, 07:45 PM
The word on the Just Married buttons from one of my managers at Epcot. They are being phased out and whatever is left is all that you are going to be able to find. The other buttons like Just Engaged and Happy Anniversary are still readily available. The Happily Ever After buttons will now be the go to button for newlyweds.

Today there was a couple that were wearing the Happily Ever After buttons today. I asked when was there wedding, they said 11 years ago. :confused3

SuperRob
12-26-2010, 07:49 PM
well im not taking a chance. My bride to be will be upset if we dont have just married buttons. SHe is a former disney CM and a disney finatic. So i just went online to the wdw store and purchased two pins for our disneymoon coming up in may. 2.99 a piece if anyone wants to know. Congrats to all the other disneymooners.

Is this an online store? Link? Didn't see any at DisneyStore.com.

Fiancée would be bummed if we couldn't get those pins.

went503
12-27-2010, 09:10 PM
Is this an online store? Link? Didn't see any at DisneyStore.com.

Fiancée would be bummed if we couldn't get those pins.

Yeah mine to which is why i went ahead and bought these. Here is the link, let me know if it doesnt work.

http://www.*****************/Disney-Souvenir-Button--Cinderella-and-Prince-Charming--Just-Married_p_3864.html

neener3
12-27-2010, 09:41 PM
Link worked! I ordered mine. I remember hearing rumours that the just married pins were being phased out a while ago. I would have been bummed if we hadn't been able to get them!

Deb loves Disney
12-27-2010, 09:47 PM
I can't believe that site is charging for those buttons when they were a free keepsake from the parks.:confused3

CityGirlLost
12-28-2010, 08:20 AM
You know, they have a pretty large image posted on that site. I downloaded it. If I have to print it and make it into a button myself, I will.

sw33t_angel
12-28-2010, 08:27 AM
I think I might end up making my own button too, since I see they are now sold out on the website. I couldn't bring myself to pay for them when they were offered free in the parks. :confused3

Plus, with my wedding being over a year away, if I wore a discontinued button on my honeymoon, I wonder if CMs would think I was just trying to wear the button for some pixie dust?

I will keep telling myself that they will come out with a new design next November... :rotfl:

SuperRob
12-28-2010, 10:55 AM
Crap, sold out now! :sad1:

CosmicLove
12-29-2010, 04:12 PM
That is a bummer about the "Just married" buttons my DF and I really liked those.. but we are just so excited about getting ours.. whatever they say!:cool1:

TheCheshireCat
01-01-2011, 03:44 AM
Thanks for the heads up on this one. I just bought two from ebay.

LavMyst
01-07-2011, 08:12 PM
They have them back in again!
http://************.3dcartstores.com/Disney-Souvenir-Button--Cinderella-and-Prince-Charming--Just-Married_p_3864.html

PartofDisney'sWorld
01-07-2011, 09:19 PM
They have them back in again!
http://************.3dcartstores.com/Disney-Souvenir-Button--Cinderella-and-Prince-Charming--Just-Married_p_3864.html

Blech, they increased the price!

CityGirlLost
01-14-2011, 06:50 PM
$5 for something that was given away for free. That's kind of upsetting. Still, I want 2.

Disney-Chick
01-15-2011, 11:12 AM
When DH and I checked into POP they gave us the Happily Ever After pins. But when we checked into AKL on Jan 2. I asked for pins again since I packed ours away and couldn't find them. The lady at the front told me there were two kinds and pulled out the Just Married. I mentioned that some were saying these were hard to get she said that she had a ton. So I received a total of 4 pins of the Just Married & Happily Ever After.

neener3
01-16-2011, 10:08 AM
Ours came in the mail the other day! :cool1:
I know we paid $5.00 for something that was free, but $5.00 to give me some peace of mind is fantastic.

FutureMrs.B
01-16-2011, 11:11 AM
Ours also came in yesterday. I didn't want to risk not getting them. Knowing me I would've been anxious about it until we got there. LoL :)

DisneyShamrock
01-16-2011, 04:54 PM
My parents are leaving for Disney in the morning, and my mom has so graciously offered to ask if she can pick them up for me.

Just because I have a feeling she either won't find them or they won't give them to her because they're not getting married there (and we're not for two years), I bought a set. I figure, the worst that can happen is I end up with a second set.

Katiebugg14
01-27-2011, 06:04 PM
Ok guys this is the deal, they have discontinued these pins howevers, they still have them at some of the resorts. I just got back yesterday and we got some from the poly and the GF. No where else had them. Hope this helps :thumbsup2

~~Disney Bride~~

torres.kvin
01-29-2011, 07:21 AM
We got married last week told the same thing! We are a 'light' button, and when I asked to 'wedding' button, I was told they are hard to find because they do not send them out.

SuperRob
01-29-2011, 09:31 AM
I think I forgot to mention to everyone, but I finally got my Just Married Walt Disney World buttons. There are some very light scratches on them so they're quite obviously used, but you wouldn't be able to tell if you didn't look at them up close. So glad I got them when I had the chance!

I also got a set of Just Married Mickey and Minnie pins that can be personalized with a magnetic nameplate, but I haven't been able to find the nameplate anywhere. Anyone know where one might find some? I need a Robert (or Rob, preferably) and Rachel.

april2011bride
01-29-2011, 10:04 AM
Rob....I just had to tell you that our names are Robert and Rachel as well!:thumbsup2

dragonfly82
02-16-2011, 09:51 AM
I'm only heartbroken over his!! I hope they have pins for us when we get there in May!! :(

ChocoKat
02-16-2011, 12:22 PM
I know this is a very important thing for several DIS brides, so DH and I went on a pin scavenger hunt on our last day when we had to do several stops at different resorts before leaving.

We found the Just Married pins readily available and tons of them at that at:
Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge (Main concierge desk, the top concierge desk just had Happily Ever After ones).

Grand Floridian didn't have any (they would obviously run out faster), MK didn't have any either. Didn't have time to check other parks.

We ended up with 3-4 sets of Just Married pins that we will use for shadow boxes and to gift relatives that just got engaged.:bride:

princesswendy720
02-16-2011, 12:36 PM
We were just in Disney and I forgot to ask anywhere! If any already marrieds want someone to take a pair off their hands, please PM me!

Bickimook2
02-16-2011, 12:41 PM
We got ours on ebay last month for our June Honeymoon, it seems like if you want them for sure you probably should get them there. There are two sellers right now that I saw who are selling them: Just Married Buttons (http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=just+married+buttons&_sacat=See-All-Categories)

helloirishkitty
02-16-2011, 02:01 PM
We were married on saturday- we got happily ever after buttons upon check in (at the GF and the contemporary) and "just married" buttons at kona cafe one morning for breakfast. I was so excited!

lurkyloo
02-16-2011, 02:12 PM
I know this is a very important thing for several DIS brides, so DH and I went on a pin scavenger hunt on our last day when we had to do several stops at different resorts before leaving.

We found the Just Married pins readily available and tons of them at that at:
Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge (Main concierge desk, the top concierge desk just had Happily Ever After ones).

Grand Floridian didn't have any (they would obviously run out faster), MK didn't have any either. Didn't have time to check other parks.

Now that's my kind of investigative reporting—thanks! :thumbsup2

sw33t_angel
02-16-2011, 05:12 PM
We got ours on ebay last month for our June Honeymoon, it seems like if you want them for sure you probably should get them there. There are two sellers right now that I saw who are selling them: Just Married Buttons (http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=just+married+buttons&_sacat=See-All-Categories)

Make sure you watch those auctions... some Dis Brides might snatch them from underneath you!! :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Deb loves Disney
02-16-2011, 05:31 PM
When we were there a few weeks ago we found a few sets in a couple of places one was the gift shop in the Wildreness lodge, however I think we got the last set. Another spot that had them was the check-in desk for Kidani Village.

We collected a few sets from 2 different trips and I just mailed them off (5 sets) to fellow disbrides who needed them. I wish I could've found them for all of you!!! :flower3:

I will say that we got WAY more congratulations when wearing the Just Married buttons then when we wore the Happily Ever After buttons. When we went on the Dream we couldn't turn a corner without somebody saying congratulations. I think this may have been because of the high percentage of CM passengers onboard though. :goodvibes It was very cool!

PartofDisney'sWorld
02-16-2011, 06:05 PM
Does anybody know if those buttons (the ones on ebay) that say "just married" have Disneyland on all of them? Or did WDW get their own, and say "WDW" on the bottom?

librarygeek
02-16-2011, 06:34 PM
Make sure you watch those auctions... some Dis Brides might snatch them from underneath you!! :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

I can't imagine who would do a thing like that! :rotfl2:

KristiLyn
02-16-2011, 07:25 PM

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Does anybody know if those buttons (the ones on ebay) that say "just married" have Disneyland on all of them? Or did WDW get their own, and say "WDW" on the bottom?

yes, there are some with Walt Disney World on the bottom. I got mine from ebay because I was worried they would be gone by the time I got there in September. I just searched ebay and there isn't any right now, but keep checking because they pop up pretty often :goodvibes

Bickimook2
02-16-2011, 08:28 PM

I can't imagine who would do a thing like that! :rotfl2:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Darn you Kristi, Darn you!!!! It's o'tah I gots mine anyway hehe :laughing:

KristiLyn
02-16-2011, 08:48 PM
Darn you Kristi, Darn you!!!! It's o'tah I gots mine anyway hehe :laughing:

You all did!!! So stop your complaining!! haha:lmao::rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2:

DoomBuggy0922
02-17-2011, 02:37 PM
If any of you are going to be at the world any time soon, my grandparents picked me up a pair of these at Kidani Village! (Today is my grandmother's birthday and they're staying at Kidani. I called and said "Happy Birthday! Now, will you go look for my Just Married pins?!?!) But, it worked! :)

tinkspark
02-26-2011, 09:30 PM
For not having them anymore we ended up with 10 total by the end of our honeymoon! We were trying to find people to give them away to because felt bad hoarding all the rare goods. Polynesian and Port Orleans still have some. It seems that only a couple of the resorts still have some left.

wendyiam
02-26-2011, 11:59 PM
I think they may of started making them again, Emporium at the magic kingdom has quite a few.

april2011bride
02-27-2011, 07:04 AM
just fyi--There is two on ebay right now for whoever is still looking!

princesswendy720
02-27-2011, 09:53 AM
just fyi--There is two on ebay right now for whoever is still looking!

They're both Disneyland :sad1:

Sunstar
02-27-2011, 01:03 PM
Disneyland must not have a shortage like WDW does. Lol. We sent a wedding invitation to Princess Aurora and Prince Phillip (my faves!) and got a personalized, autographed pic with a Just Married button from DL.

PartofDisney'sWorld
02-27-2011, 02:22 PM
Disneyland must not have a shortage like WDW does. Lol. We sent a wedding invitation to Princess Aurora and Prince Phillip (my faves!) and got a personalized, autographed pic with a Just Married button from DL.

:eek: I didn't know you could do that! Is that only a DL thing?

babypinkbunny
02-27-2011, 03:16 PM
FYI for disney cruise brides... the cruise line has Just Married buttons. They also have were celebrating buttons. I was very excited to get one on our wedding cruise!

Deb loves Disney
02-27-2011, 04:09 PM
FYI for disney cruise brides... the cruise line has Just Married buttons. They also have were celebrating buttons. I was very excited to get one on our wedding cruise!

I just happen to have a picture of that button. I was so excited to wear it on our Honeymoon on the Dream.

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee218/zafara_is_mine/Disney%20Dream%20Jan%202011/479.jpg

Figaro8398
02-27-2011, 06:42 PM
POR only had about 6 or 8 pins last week at the concierge desk (we got two!) There were other couples that came up to ask us where we got them, so I know they were having trouble. We did get another set at MK when I lost my pin (but found it later). There is a difference. The MK ones said "Where Dreams Come True" on the top. The font for Just Married is different and the color of the Walt Disney World lettering is different. When I get completely unpacked and back to the real world, I will try to post a pic.

Sunstar
02-28-2011, 07:35 PM
:eek: I didn't know you could do that! Is that only a DL thing?

Nope. We sent one to Mickey and Minnie at WDW and got a celebratory certificate from Cinderella from there. We also sent one to the President and received a note of congratulations.

PartofDisney'sWorld
02-28-2011, 08:37 PM
Nope. We sent one to Mickey and Minnie at WDW and got a celebratory certificate from Cinderella from there. We also sent one to the President and received a note of congratulations.

Can you please, please share with me how to do this? :love:

Nichole33
03-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Can you please, please share with me how to do this? :love:

We haven't sent out our invites yet, but I copied these addresses from someone's PJ:

Mickey and Minnie Mouse
Guest Communications
PO Box 3232
Anaheim, CA 92803

Cinderella and Prince Charming
The Magic Kingdom
1675 N Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

PartofDisney'sWorld
03-01-2011, 02:31 PM
We haven't sent out our invites yet, but I copied these addresses from someone's PJ:

Mickey and Minnie Mouse
Guest Communications
PO Box 3232
Anaheim, CA 92803

The Magic Kingdom
1675 N Buena Vista Drive

Thank you! Do I send them an actual invitation?

Sunstar
03-01-2011, 04:51 PM
Thank you! Do I send them an actual invitation?

That's what I did. Only I sent one to Aurora instead of Cinderella.

librarygeek
03-01-2011, 05:37 PM
POR only had about 6 or 8 pins last week at the concierge desk (we got two!) There were other couples that came up to ask us where we got them, so I know they were having trouble. We did get another set at MK when I lost my pin (but found it later). There is a difference. The MK ones said "Where Dreams Come True" on the top. The font for Just Married is different and the color of the Walt Disney World lettering is different. When I get completely unpacked and back to the real world, I will try to post a pic.

I'm glad I bought mine on ebay then, because we're staying at POR for our honeymoon in September and I'm sure they'd run out by then!

Mickey and Minnie Mouse
Guest Communications
PO Box 3232
Anaheim, CA 92803

The Magic Kingdom
1675 N Buena Vista Drive

Thank you for sharing! I am excited to send Cinderella an invite! :goodvibes

tinkspark
03-01-2011, 07:21 PM
That's what I did. Only I sent one to Aurora instead of Cinderella.

Can you send it to any character?

suorkaterina
03-04-2011, 10:49 PM
I just wanted to add that a CM gave my boyfriend and I "Happily Ever After" buttons on our first day in MK. I guess cause we looked happy. Then we had other CM's ask us if we'd just gotten married. I think this button is a little vague for the CM's. They don't know who they're giving them out to and how to congratulate them! Of course we cleared up the confusion by getting engaged. No confusion with that button =D

Reign
03-06-2011, 03:11 AM
This is my first post on the DISboards. In 2007 my wife to be and I got engaged in Disneyland. They didn't have any Just Engaged pins then so we modified a pair of Just Married pins into Just Engaged ones. Now we are going to be honeymooning at WDW in August and I think she would be pretty upset if we couldn't find a pair of Just Married pins. If anyone has any extra I would greatly appreciate a PM. We are going to be making up t-shirts at Create-a-Tee on our first day there, but we are Canadian and we sweat a lot so those will probably last a day. Please Help! ;)

PrincessTinker11
03-06-2011, 07:32 AM
I love the Just Married buttons, they are a bit different then the ones I recevied at about June of 2010....a good friend of mine went to Disney and sent me a care package with Just Engaged and Just Married and Happily Ever After pins for our engagement party! I had them all spread across the table with a list I started for people who were interested in attending our DCL wedding they could sign up for more info! I did not realize these were so hard to get!

PartofDisney'sWorld
03-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Just found these on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/JUST-MARRIED-BADGE-WALT-DISNEY-HONEYMOON-CINDERELLA-NEW-/230594598424?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Celebrations_Occasi ons_ET&hash=item35b0825618

PartofDisney'sWorld
03-29-2011, 12:44 PM
Found this listing on ebay, hope it helps someone!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Disney-world-wedding-pins-lot-3-cinderella-pins-/170621517644?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b9d5bf4c

princess_ariel_85
03-29-2011, 04:25 PM

Mickey and Minnie Mouse
Guest Communications
PO Box 3232
Anaheim, CA 92803

The Magic Kingdom
1675 N Buena Vista Drive

Oh.My.Gosh! How Great is this? Thank you people, I am so inviting Ariel & Eric! Thanks again, you've all made my day ha ha x

K80K
03-29-2011, 04:31 PM
An option that might be an alternative to the Just Married buttons might be to take your Happily Ever After Buttons to the artists in the Christmas Shop and ask if they will add Just Married to them for you. I know it isn't as great as the actual Just Married button, but if the artist has some spare time they will definitely do this for you.

PinkPrincess1908
05-16-2011, 11:12 AM
Greetings every Disney Lover! I know this may be a long shot since the Just Married buttons are being discontinued but if anyone has two that they are willing to sell or if anyone is going to "The World" soon and can get a set of just married buttons I will be more than happy to purchase them from you. I've been trying forever to get them but haven't been successful yet. There was recently a set on Ebay but unfortunately I was out bid.:sad1: I'm hoping for a heap of pixie dust on this one. :goodvibes If anyone has any IM me please:flower3:

MonorailPilotMulan
05-17-2011, 08:34 AM
I wonder if the reason they discontinued these buttons were because of how they were being abused. Whenever I'd be in the parks, I'd see little girls and boys walking around with Just Married buttons so I decided to approach a teenager with the button and asked him who the lucky girl is. He blushed and was speechless and sort of ashamed. I think the Happily Ever After buttons aren't any better though; a lot of little girls like to wear those. I think that "What Will You Celebrate?" has forever watered down the purpose of the buttons. Cast Members used to have a radar for them but now that they are everywhere so it really isn't a priority. I'll ask kids about their 1st Visit button and they'll correct me because it's their fifth time coming or people will don Birthday Buttons months before it is actually their birthday... It kind of makes it difficult to point out which Guests are really celebrating something special from those that just want the extra attention. I'm sad about all of this...

CityGirlLost
05-17-2011, 09:21 AM
I agree with the above poster and it kind of sucks. When FH and I got engaged in September, we received the Just Engaged buttons and cast members would ask how long ago we were engaged. Some seemed visibly surprised when we said "About 2 hours ago!" For that reason I think I'm going to make tee shirts and buttons that indicate "Disney Bride 11-1-12."

DisneyShamrock
05-17-2011, 11:12 AM
I agree with the above poster and it kind of sucks. When FH and I got engaged in September, we received the Just Engaged buttons and cast members would ask how long ago we were engaged. Some seemed visibly surprised when we said "About 2 hours ago!" For that reason I think I'm going to make tee shirts and buttons that indicate "Disney Bride 11-1-12."

I agree. I bought Just Married pins because I think the idea is fantastic. I am also planning on putting our wedding date on there so we can wear them in the parks for the remainder of our trip after the wedding.

PinkPrincess1908
05-18-2011, 03:27 PM
MonoPilotMulan, I agree. When my then BF now fiance, were there in 09 I saw a few little girls with the just married buttons as well. They were all together so I think they just wanted them because of Cinderella and Prince Charming on them. I wish they hadn't discontinued them though.

PinkPrincess1908
05-18-2011, 03:29 PM

Great idea, CityGirlLost:cheer2: I really like the idea of the t-shirt with the wedding date. I'm pretty sure I'll be "borrowing" your idea

eeyorelvr09
05-19-2011, 03:48 PM
Has anyone checked City hall on Main St. in MK? We were there in 10/2010 , when we got engaged, and I stocked up on 2 of everything and I believe I have a Just Married, not absolutely sure though.

kjg5
05-29-2011, 03:48 PM
Just got back from our wedding and honeymoon in the World- Just Married buttons are VERY scarce but a set was given to us by our wedding planner on our wedding day. It appears that they are only giving them to couples married on property.

JessnRich225
05-30-2011, 07:52 AM
We were married 2 weeks ago. We asked the front desk at POFQ if they had just married pins and the woman said no and gave us happily ever after instead. The Saturday before the wedding we went to hoop dee doo revue and our server gave us the Just Married Buttons. She also gave my mom and step dad (who have been married 2 1/2 years but hadn't had a chance to take a honeymoon) Just Married pins as well. She told us most of the resorts no longer have the pins, but most of the restaurants, if your lucky and ask, still have a bunch on hand. Good luck to everyone with finding them. I was determined to find them and we lucked out!

bellaminnie
06-01-2011, 09:54 AM
just got back from our wedding/honeymoon trip and we got did get the just married buttons from our wedding planner. at the hotels we just got the happily ever after buttons. so it seems kjg5 might be right, that the just married buttons are only left for the couples getting married at disney.

K80K
06-02-2011, 08:29 AM
From what my Mom was told yesterday the hotels were instructed to collect up the Just Married buttons and send them to the DFTW team. Not all of them got the memo though. My mother was able to score a set at the Polynesian yesterday.

DisneyDream88
06-08-2011, 10:18 PM
I really hope we can get some! We are getting married next summer =/ We got engaged in front of the castle in March and were given the 'Happily Ever After' buttons at guest services. When we went to one of the resturaunts in Epcot, we were given 'Just Engaged' buttons. We're going to our planning session around the New Year so hopefully I may be able to find them then =/

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/cm624np3jznkwg1z.png (http://distickers.com/ticker/)

Bickimook2
06-08-2011, 10:29 PM
We just got back from our honeymoon on Sunday and the check in desk at POFQ said we could get the Just Married in the parks at guest services. We went to EPCOT and asked and they said that they exclusively give those to DFTW brides now. We got a couple on ebay before the trip and wore them into the parks and the whole time all the CM's assumed we got married in Disney and kept congratulating us on our DFTW even though we weren't married on property so I think this assumption is correct. There are currently 10 listed on ebay FYI http://cgi.ebay.com/Disney-World-Just-Married-Button-Cinderella-BEAUTIFUL-/260794808287?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb894f7df#ht_2654wt_905

LaurenM
06-09-2011, 08:28 AM
Im keeping my fingers crossed that we can get some when we get married on Oct. 1st! I hope that our planner brings us some too!

princess_ariel_85
06-09-2011, 04:14 PM
Im keeping my fingers crossed that we can get some when we get married on Oct. 1st! I hope that our planner brings us some too!

same here. I'm trying to ignore this thread tbh, I keep getting my hopes up :rotfl:

PinkPrincess1908
06-10-2011, 08:19 PM
Congrats to everyone who got their buttons. I'm hoping for some pixie dust on this one:wizard: I guess I shouldn't be upset about them keeping the buttons for the DFTW couples but I still want one. I was hoping for a Disney wedding but unfortunately me & my DF have such large families it looks like the wedding is going to be home, in good old GA. We are thinking of working with a travel agent to invite friends and family to join us on our disneymoon though:cheer2: Oh, well heres wishing luck, love, and pixie dust to all those searching for the elusive just married buttons:goodvibes

kjg5
06-10-2011, 09:53 PM
We ended up with a few sets of 'Just Married' buttons- a set I bought off ebay when I heard they weren't available in the parks, 2 sets we were given during our stay, plus the set DFTW gave us. We're keeping the set we were given, and we plan on putting the rest on ebay pretty soon, if that helps at all.

mickin
06-10-2011, 11:57 PM
My mom was at olivias at OKW and asked about them, she was able to get 1 just married button, the cm at the reception desk looked everywhere and then told her that they stopped making them...but ones a good start for us....works for a future scrapbook.
She also got a couple of "happily ever after" buttons but I don't know exactly which ones those are

Stitch1010
06-13-2011, 08:54 AM
We just picked up two off ebay for a good price (I think), so if anyone's still looking, you can try this :)

I would have posted a link, but don't have enough posts yet....but they're on ebay now! :thumbsup2

Jilian
06-13-2011, 09:35 AM
We just picked up two off ebay for a good price (I think), so if anyone's still looking, you can try this :)

I would have posted a link, but don't have enough posts yet....but they're on ebay now! :thumbsup2

I just bought two from Ebay too (only $1.99/ea), only when they came they were from Disneyland not Disney world :confused3

Stitch1010
06-13-2011, 05:48 PM
I just bought two from Ebay too (only $1.99/ea), only when they came they were from Disneyland not Disney world :confused3

That's funny...I'm kind of hoping for that situation. I've only seen them from DisneyWorld and we're going to be honeymooning in Disneyland!

PinkPrincess1908
06-13-2011, 08:40 PM
I just wanted to report that thanks to a VSD (Very Special Diser) I got my wish for a set of just married buttons:cheer2: So, between the Disboards community and Ebay hopefully everyone looking will get theirs as well:goodvibes Thanks again, you know who you are, and I appreciate it more than you can imagine:cloud9:

WishingApple
06-22-2011, 01:59 PM
New here! Just got my buttons off Ebay, my DF and I were engaged a few weeks prior to our Last trip in (02/11) and were handed "Just Engaged" buttons.

We have our disneymoon planned and were hoping for "Just Married" buttons, so disheartening they're being discontinued. Thanks for all the suggestions on where/how to get them!

Counting down! :lovestruc

ckpoodge
06-29-2011, 04:01 PM
Yes, they are discontinued. But don't give up hope. Ask at all the hotels and all the parks, to see what they have. Check in with each guest relations station at each park.

We lucked out, and were able to find someone who had just 2 left.