PDA

View Full Version : Disney Prince for Christmas??

Pages : [1] 2

disneypryncess
12-23-2010, 11:06 AM
Is it too late to ask Santa for a Disney Prince in my stocking (or under the tree if he doesn't fit in the stocking)???
:lmao:
I went out with a guy the other day whom it turns out HATES disney! Not just doesn't really like it or just tolerates it but actually HATES it!! And was very clear that he would never,ever go!
Now I know that it is not going to be easy to find someone that loves Disney like I do and I wouldn't normally rule anyone out because they feel differently about things than I do but I don't know that I can deal with outright hatred of something that I love so much,lol........so I'm back to asking Santa for a BIG Christmas present!
Fingers crossed!
Happy Holidays, everyone!!!
:hug:

luvdumbo
12-23-2010, 07:08 PM
I do believe Disney Princes are on backorder due to high demand and are not expected to be back in stock any time soon!:rotfl2::lmao:

DFD
12-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Is it too late to ask Santa for a Disney Prince in my stocking (or under the tree if he doesn't fit in the stocking)???
I went out with a guy the other day whom it turns out HATES disney! Not just doesn't really like it or just tolerates it but actually HATES it!! And was very clear that he would never,ever go!
Now I know that it is not going to be easy to find someone that loves Disney like I do and I wouldn't normally rule anyone out because they feel differently about things than I do but I don't know that I can deal with outright hatred of something that I love so much,lol........so I'm back to asking Santa for a BIG Christmas present!
Fingers crossed!

:hug: sorry about the recent date... and No its never to late to ask Santa anything... the only problem is he might be able to deliver it on time... :( Goodluck in finding that one true Prince.... but for the time being envelop yourself with friends and family!!! They are the enxt best thing to Disney :)

I do believe Disney Princes are on backorder due to high demand and are not expected to be back in stock any time soon!:rotfl2::lmao:

backorder???? hmmmm what about recycled ones?? will that do ???:laughing:

Spears
12-23-2010, 08:51 PM
I really want Santa and a Prince, both. Merry Christmas EVE. I hope they all can play golf with me.

Kfyr23
12-23-2010, 09:15 PM
Recycled thats funny right there.

disneypryncess
12-24-2010, 12:14 AM

I think that you are right!!!
I knew I should have pre-ordered!!!
:rotfl:

Kfyr23
12-24-2010, 12:39 PM

What about princess' are there any good ones around anymore?

tlionheart78
12-24-2010, 09:04 PM

Y'know, Kfyr, I was wondering the same thing.:laughing:

disneypryncess
12-26-2010, 11:29 AM
There are alot of good princesses.....and good princes out there, I'm sure!! We just have to take leaps of faith & find the ones that are right for us!!
Good luck, everyone!!
:)

CptJackSparrowsGirl
12-26-2010, 09:19 PM
I haven't offically celebrated Christmas yet so I think I still got a chance lol :rotfl:

disneypryncess
12-27-2010, 01:50 PM
I haven't offically celebrated Christmas yet so I think I still got a chance lol :rotfl:

Then I'm pulling for you!!!!
:cheer2:

Tanbellisima
12-27-2010, 03:28 PM

Hi Kyfr23,

I think you started your own fire here.
LOL!
Good thing your a professional per your profile.
I think there are a ton of single Disney Princesses
on DIS who would love to say "hello" to you.
And many of us have asked Santa for a Disney Prince
for Christmas, so yes your odds are very good, for a good
one that is. Now you just have to decide on the "good at what"part?
So many options. But we all have one thing in common.
We love Disney.

Happy New Year to you.
Cheers!
http://disney.pixarabalar.net/Beauty-Beast/characters/Belle-Beast-Wedding.jpg

Tanbellisima
12-27-2010, 03:34 PM
Y'know, Kfyr, I was wondering the same thing.:laughing:

Yes TLionHeart♥ Lot's of great Disney Princesses here on DIS. Single fabulous Disney Princesses. Are you a single Prince? Because we have one Santa order waiting to be filled.... And we Diser's love to plan parties!

tlionheart78
12-27-2010, 09:59 PM
Yes TLionHeart♥ Lot's of great Disney Princesses here on DIS. Single fabulous Disney Princesses. Are you a single Prince? Because we have one Santa order waiting to be filled.... And we Diser's love to plan parties!

Lol. That is an affirmative on the being single thing. :) But, just a head's up, I'm not one to rush into a relationship now-a-days. I did that one time and boy did that relationship crash and burn for me. Definitely gotta learn from your mistakes.

One other thing, if I ever do find a wonderful princess on the forums, I truly hope she doesn't mind frequent trips to the World or the Land. ;) Once all my debts are cleared, that'll certainly be part of the budget.

Tanbellisima
12-28-2010, 10:28 AM
Lol. That is an affirmative on the being single thing. :) But, just a head's up, I'm not one to rush into a relationship now-a-days. I did that one time and boy did that relationship crash and burn for me. Definitely gotta learn from your mistakes.

One other thing, if I ever do find a wonderful princess on the forums, I truly hope she doesn't mind frequent trips to the World or the Land. ;) Once all my debts are cleared, that'll certainly be part of the budget.

I know, I know! There is nothing more exciting than economizing in the name of future Disney trips. I try to make my trips not too far out in advance so as not to burn for need for to long. It is so worth forgoing that night out at the Chinese Buffet or playing board games for a weekend instead of going to the movies just to save the $100 for the Disney Trip. Yes!
:yay:

lovemickeyshouse
12-28-2010, 12:21 PM
Lucky for me I found my Disney princess from outside of the disboards

Disneyfan63
12-29-2010, 09:01 AM
Hi,

Single Disney prince here in Camden County, NJ. I hope you don't mind corny, dry humor.

Jim

Tanbellisima
12-29-2010, 09:23 AM
Hi,

Single Disney prince here in Camden County, NJ. I hope you don't mind corny, dry humor.

Jim

The more I laugh the more romantic I feel, so I love silly, corny, plain good ol' clean fun. :thumbsup2

Tanbellisima
12-29-2010, 09:24 AM

Any pointers?

disneypryncess
12-30-2010, 11:38 AM

Congrats, Mike!!!
:yay:

ludari
12-31-2010, 01:34 AM
New to the disboards so I'm hoping with my upcoming DCL cruises and my trip to DW I can meet my princess.

Pinkee77
01-01-2011, 08:38 AM
I looked all through my stocking and didn't find one. But next year, I am going to try hanging up a bigger stocking.

nurse.darcy
01-01-2011, 11:06 AM
New to the disboards so I'm hoping with my upcoming DCL cruises and my trip to DW I can meet my princess.

Ahhhh, looks like you will be here during the Princess Half. . .Pray for perfect weather this February. Last year was horrid. . .too cold.

ludari
01-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Ahhhh, looks like you will be here during the Princess Half. . .Pray for perfect weather this February. Last year was horrid. . .too cold.

Yes Darcy I will be at WDW with my friend for the Princess Half. I did hear that the weather during last years race was cold but I don't mind.

jhopkins213
01-01-2011, 06:26 PM
Ladies its your lucky day just went to Disney World first week of December and can't wait to go back. I might not bring a lot to the table but I have a good career and this year three weeks vacation and I love Disney. :)

NJDiva
01-01-2011, 06:59 PM
Fingers crossed!

Can I ask for one for the New Year? I may be a Diva, but I'm pretty low maintenance...if he likes to travel and can deal with my obsession with Disney, he's scored some brownie points.

So how long do we predict this "backorder" will last?:rotfl:

there are plenty of princesses around...especially on the board. but there seems to be a shortage of princes in the world.

DisneyFreak06
01-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Backorder and recycled! Love it!!! :rotfl:

Thanks for the laugh! Sometimes I wonder about the princes out there...

Disneyfan63
01-02-2011, 03:06 PM
Hi,

This Disney prince has been on recall more often than on backorder.

Jim

DisneyFreak06
01-02-2011, 07:10 PM
Hi,

This Disney prince has been on recall more often than on backorder.

Jim

Now that one is funny too! :rotfl2:

tlionheart78
01-02-2011, 09:39 PM
Hey, this prince/pirate is in the process of doing a little work on himself. But I'm sure he'll be ready for the shelves in the near future. :P

disneypryncess
01-02-2011, 11:59 PM
Ladies its your lucky day just went to Disney World first week of December and can't wait to go back. I might not bring a lot to the table but I have a good career and this year three weeks vacation and I love Disney. :)

Don't sell yourself short!
Everyone has something to bring to the table....I think it's just a matter of finding the right person.....the person that you want to sit at the table with in the first place!!

Happy New Year to all the Princes & Princesses out there!
:grouphug:

MICKEY88
01-03-2011, 10:26 AM
Can I ask for one for the New Year? I may be a Diva, but I'm pretty low maintenance...if he likes to travel and can deal with my obsession with Disney, he's scored some brownie points.

Feel free to stop In PA and pick me up, any time you are headed south to WDW, I have an AP, so I'm ready for the parks anytime. pirate:

Vromilos
01-04-2011, 06:20 AM
Feel free to stop In PA and pick me up, any time you are headed south to WDW, I have an AP, so I'm ready for the parks anytime. pirate:

Thats cool

NJDiva
01-04-2011, 07:39 AM

Thats cool
I'm hoping to get a AP this year as well. It's almost the same price for the time I'll be there.

MICKEY88
01-04-2011, 10:33 AM
I'm hoping to get a AP this year as well. It's almost the same price for the time I'll be there.

I have a free place to stay in Orlando, so I never stay on property, factoring 14 dollars per day to park at the parks, it was a no brainer for me... I got my first AP in 2009, spent 3 weeks in feb-march, then went back for 3 more weeks in Jan 2010.

was there in December for 3 weeks again, so I got another AP, now I need to go back for another 3-5 weeks before December of this year

NJDiva
01-04-2011, 10:07 PM
I have a free place to stay in Orlando, so I never stay on property, factoring 14 dollars per day to park at the parks, it was a no brainer for me... I got my first AP in 2009, spent 3 weeks in feb-march, then went back for 3 more weeks in Jan 2010.

was there in December for 3 weeks again, so I got another AP, now I need to go back for another 3-5 weeks before December of this year

wow! that's amazing! how do you get 3 weeks off at a time?? free is always good!

MICKEY88
01-05-2011, 09:25 AM
wow! that's amazing! how do you get 3 weeks off at a time?? free is always good!

28 years on the same job, and working hard year round.

I had ben working with 30 days that I'd carried over for years, I've now cut into that so I'll soon be down to just 25 days leave per year..

TinkerMouse
01-05-2011, 10:20 PM
there are plenty of princesses around...especially on the board. but there seems to be a shortage of princes in the world.

:sad: It's so sad because it's so true! Will we ever enter a decade or century where this is not the case? Yes, some princes post on these boards but there are still not enough to go around! Why are you guys such a small group? Build up your ranks I say! Please.

ludari
01-05-2011, 10:38 PM
:sad: It's so sad because it's so true! Will we ever enter a decade or century where this is not the case? Yes, some princes post on these boards but there are still not enough to go around! Why are you guys such a small group? Build up your ranks I say! Please.

No need to build the ranks just the one person that's right for you. This year things are going to be different I will find my princess I have every confidence that I will.

jhopkins213
01-05-2011, 11:36 PM
Don't sell yourself short!
Everyone has something to bring to the table....I think it's just a matter of finding the right person.....the person that you want to sit at the table with in the first place!!

Happy New Year to all the Princes & Princesses out there!
:grouphug:

Thank you

NJDiva
01-06-2011, 08:05 AM

I totally agree. We need more princes to show us the royal treatment. And yes you only need to find the right one for you but it's hard when you don't see a lot of them around.

nurse.darcy
01-06-2011, 09:23 AM
No need to build the ranks just the one person that's right for you. This year things are going to be different I will find my princess I have every confidence that I will.

This is soooooo right on. Also, positive thinking helps. I learned the other day that if you think you will fail you already have, so you have to think you will succeed. . .

MICKEY88
01-06-2011, 09:43 AM
I learned the other day that if you think you will fail you already have, so you have to think you will succeed. . .

this is so true, that's why whenever someone tells me they wil try to do something, I remind them that the word try is a built in failure mechanism..

by deciding to try to do something, rather than deciding to do it, you are allowing yourself the option of failure..

MICKEY88
01-06-2011, 09:45 AM
I totally agree. We need more princes to show us the royal treatment. And yes you only need to find the right one for you but it's hard when you don't see a lot of them around.

Princesses, must also take a closer look at those men who are diamonds in the rough..

nurse.darcy
01-06-2011, 10:05 AM
Princesses, must also take a closer look at those men who are diamonds in the rough..

I am trying. . .I believe the prince is maybe not quite there. . .

MICKEY88
01-06-2011, 10:13 AM

are you saying he's not altogether there... a tad crazy maybe..

TinkerMouse
01-06-2011, 04:18 PM

That's very true, but even the diamonds in the rough are in short supply. I think you princes are underestimating exactly how much you are greatly outnumbered by villains.

MICKEY88
01-06-2011, 04:46 PM
That's very true, but even the diamonds in the rough are in short supply. I think you princes are underestimating exactly how much you are greatly outnumbered by villains.

I'm not a Prince..

I'm a Pirate, we are more fun...pirate:

TinkerMouse
01-06-2011, 05:07 PM
:rotfl: Ok then. You're still outnumbered by villains.

MICKEY88
01-06-2011, 05:19 PM

true, but Princesses think they are above dating Pirates...

Pinkee77
01-06-2011, 08:06 PM

So true.

true, but Princesses think they are above dating Pirates...

So NOT true. :)

MICKEY88
01-06-2011, 10:48 PM
So true.

So NOT true. :)

are you a Pirate ??

How many Princesses have you tried to date ?

How many Pirates do you know..

What do you base your reply on ?? :confused3 ;):lmao:

ludari
01-06-2011, 11:38 PM

Too bad we are on opposite coasts. :sad1:

TinkerMouse
01-07-2011, 01:43 AM
are you a Pirate ??

There are tons of pirate princesses out there. I would consider myself more of a princess than a pirate but my mouskette ears say on the front with rhinestones that I am a "Pirate Princess." A plethora of other ladies own those ears too. Some are fakers or mean it a little less than 100%, but others mean it a whole lot! :snooty:

disneypryncess
01-07-2011, 09:15 AM
There are tons of pirate princesses out there. I would consider myself more of a princess than a pirate but my mouskette ears say on the front with rhinestones that I am a "Pirate Princess." A plethora of other ladies own those ears too. Some are fakers or mean it a little less than 100%, but others mean it a whole lot! :snooty:

I agree! I am probably more princess but I've dated my fair share of pirates!!
princess:pirate:

Pinkee77
01-07-2011, 01:27 PM
are you a Pirate ??

Okay Mr. Smartpants.......I'm a princess, not a pirate. No, scratch that. I'm too old to be a princess. I'm a Queen, baby! Therefore, I base my reply on personal experience.

Don't squish us all in one category. Keep an open mind. You'll find your princess one day. :)

Kfyr23
01-07-2011, 01:39 PM
I my would much rather a Princess. There is something about being on a boat for months and months that leads me to believe a pirates cleanliness isnt the best. :rotfl2:

MICKEY88
01-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Okay Mr. Smartpants.......I'm a princess, not a pirate. No, scratch that. I'm too old to be a princess. I'm a Queen, baby! Therefore, I base my reply on personal experience.

Don't squish us all in one category. Keep an open mind. You'll find your princess one day. :)

Ok, but unless you've tried dating princesses, what is your experience,,

if you will date pirates, that's still a very small minority..

MICKEY88
01-07-2011, 02:08 PM
I my would much rather a Princess. There is something about being on a boat for months and months that leads me to believe a pirates cleanliness isnt the best. :rotfl2:

I can only speak for myself,, this Pyrate showers at least once a day,

as for female Pyrates, if you've ever seen pictures of my female Pyrate friends, you would never speak negatively of them...
when necessary they can play the part of princess, and do it quite well,

I don't know that I've ever seen a princess that can play the part of pyrate convincingly.

Kfyr23
01-07-2011, 02:18 PM
I can only speak for myself,, this Pyrate showers at least once a day,

as for female Pyrates, if you've ever seen pictures of my female Pyrate friends, you would never speak negatively of them...
when necessary they can play the part of princess, and do it quite well,

I don't know that I've ever seen a princess that can play the part of pyrate convincingly.

I live next to Tampa home of everything Pirate. It was a joke.

Pinkee77
01-07-2011, 03:02 PM

:laughing:

I live next to Tampa home of everything Pirate. It was a joke.

:thumbsup2 Gasparilla is in a few weeks!

MICKEY88
01-07-2011, 04:32 PM

actually age wouldn't determine whether you are a princess or Queen,

you could be a 90 year old Princess, if the King or Queen before you is still alive and sitting on the throne..

TinkerMouse
01-07-2011, 05:09 PM
actually age wouldn't determine whether you are a princess or Queen,

you could be a 90 year old Princess, if the King or Queen before you is still alive and sitting on the throne..

True, but the face characters at the Disney parks tend to go by age. I generally overhear them calling middle aged people king & queen but they alternate because I have also heard them referred to as prince & princess. I've also heard them use the term "prince & princess" to mean both husband & wife and boyfriend & girlfriend.

At Cinderella's Royal Table pretty much everyone called me princess and my mom queen. Then again, they probably figured that you're more likely to encounter a mother-daughter pair who are queen and princess then you would one where they are princess & princess. Now had Princess Diana had a daughter instead of two sons then you would have seen princess & princess but instead you had her as the princess and her mother-in-law as the queen.

nurse.darcy
01-07-2011, 06:06 PM
are you saying he's not altogether there... a tad crazy maybe..

That's a possibility, or maybe just quite hasn't figured it all out yet. . .lol.

nurse.darcy
01-07-2011, 06:08 PM

Diamonds in the rough are usually what I look for. The problem is that sometimes they don't always see themselves as worthy of a princess.

nurse.darcy
01-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Too bad we are on opposite coasts. :sad1:

I am from the west coast. . .lol. But I am happy to finally call Florida my home. Its wonderful here.

MICKEY88
01-07-2011, 08:20 PM
Diamonds in the rough are usually what I look for. The problem is that sometimes they don't always see themselves as worthy of a princess.

hmm not a problem here... I just make sure the princess is worthy of the Pyrate...LOL

or somedays the Pyratight :lmao:

nurse.darcy
01-07-2011, 09:10 PM
hmm not a problem here... I just make sure the princess is worthy of the Pyrate...LOL

or somedays the Pyratight :lmao:

Hmmmmm, I wonder. . .lol.

ludari
01-07-2011, 10:15 PM
I am from the west coast. . .lol. But I am happy to finally call Florida my home. Its wonderful here.

Yes, I remember that from a previous conversation we had. I'm sure you'll find your prince closer to your current residence.

MICKEY88
01-07-2011, 10:18 PM
Hmmmmm, I wonder. . .lol.

what exactly is it that you wonder

nurse.darcy
01-07-2011, 11:15 PM
what exactly is it that you wonder

Apparently worthiness is the problem then. . .oh well. . .lol.

MICKEY88
01-08-2011, 04:37 AM
Apparently worthiness is the problem then. . .oh well. . .lol.

OOOHhhhhh so that's why the last Princess I met said it was too cold to come out and play, the Pyrate was unw:sad1:rthy..

nurse.darcy
01-08-2011, 04:39 AM
OOOHhhhhh so that's why the last Princess I met said it was too cold to come out and play, the Pyrate was unw:sad1:rthy..

Don't be twisting the words. . .I was thinking the Pyrate felt he was a bit unworthy of the princess. . .however, the princess was cold and just needed indoor fun. . .lol. Also, I think the princess felt the Pyrate was acting much more Knightly than necessary. A little more Pirate and a bit less Knight might have made a lasting impression.

MICKEY88
01-08-2011, 04:53 AM
Don't be twisting the words. . .I was thinking the Pyrate felt he was a bit unworthy of the princess. . .however, the princess was cold and just needed indoor fun. . .lol. Also, I think the princess felt the Pyrate was acting much more Knightly than necessary. A little more Pirate and a bit less Knight might have made a lasting impression.

LOL, apparently the Princess didn't want to share her indoor fun, the Pyrate was never invited in...:cool1:

nurse.darcy
01-08-2011, 04:58 AM
LOL, apparently the Princess didn't want to share her indoor fun, the Pyrate was never invited in...:cool1:

Oh, don't even go there. . .lol. The Knightly Pyrate was a bit too aloof. The princess felt he was not really interested in wooing the princess. . .lol.

MICKEY88
01-08-2011, 05:06 AM
Oh, don't even go there. . .lol. The Knightly Pyrate was a bit too aloof. The princess felt he was not really interested in wooing the princess. . .lol.

Pyrates don't woo...LOL.. they plunder and pillage, and capture the booty..

nurse.darcy
01-08-2011, 05:08 AM
Pyrates don't woo...LOL.. they plunder and pillage, and capture the booty..

Exactly, so why was the Pyrate acting so Knightly. . .hmmmmm?

MICKEY88
01-08-2011, 05:20 AM
Exactly, so why was the Pyrate acting so Knightly. . .hmmmmm?

he was in the presence of a Princess,:confused3

nurse.darcy
01-08-2011, 05:24 AM
he was in the presence of a Princess,:confused3

ROFLMAO. . .maybe the princess should have acted more like a Pyrate?

MICKEY88
01-08-2011, 05:29 AM
ROFLMAO. . .maybe the princess should have acted more like a Pyrate?

true, the Pyrate is used to spending time with wenches, they make their intentions a little more obvious

nurse.darcy
01-08-2011, 05:34 AM
true, the Pyrate is used to spending time with wenches, they make their intentions a little more obvious

Ahhhh, well, the princess must take note. Its obvious she missed the mark. The problem is she is kinda delicate (ROFLMAO) and has trouble with the cold weather.

MICKEY88
01-08-2011, 05:47 AM
Ahhhh, well, the princess must take note. Its obvious she missed the mark. The problem is she is kinda delicate (ROFLMAO) and has trouble with the cold weather.

the Pyrate isn't a fan of the cold either, but since he was just visiting he didn't have a place to invite the Princess in out of the cold..

nurse.darcy
01-08-2011, 05:52 AM
the Pyrate isn't a fan of the cold either, but since he was just visiting he didn't have a place to invite the Princess in out of the cold..

Ahhhhh, so THAT was the problem. See, princesses are sometimes naieve and need some gentle coaxing. If the princess had chosen to act more like a Pyrate, she might have figured all this out. Hopefully the princess will learn from this lesson and let her inner Pyrate out next time. Assuming, of course, there is a next time.

MICKEY88
01-08-2011, 05:56 AM
Ahhhhh, so THAT was the problem. See, princesses are sometimes naieve and need some gentle coaxing. If the princess had chosen to act more like a Pyrate, she might have figured all this out. Hopefully the princess will learn from this lesson and let her inner Pyrate out next time. Assuming, of course, there is a next time.

I'm not sure there will be a next time, The Pyrate has heard that the Florida border patrol has been ordered to shoot The Black Pearl on site, it seems that some people are blaming the Pyrate for the cold weather..

nurse.darcy
01-08-2011, 05:59 AM
I'm not sure there will be a next time, The Pyrate has heard that the Florida border patrol has been ordered to shoot The Black Pearl on site, it seems that some people are blaming the Pyrate for the cold weather..

Oh I think they will get over that. The cold weather is lingering and the Pyrate has been gone for awhile. The Pearl hasn't been seen for some time so don't think it can be blamed for the cold that the princess is suffering from at this time. Her highness will speak with the border patrol and hope that she has the power to change their minds. . .lol.

MICKEY88
01-08-2011, 06:04 AM
Oh I think they will get over that. The cold weather is lingering and the Pyrate has been gone for awhile. The Pearl hasn't been seen for some time so don't think it can be blamed for the cold that the princess is suffering from at this time. Her highness will speak with the border patrol and hope that she has the power to change their minds. . .lol.

hopefully in the spring The Black Pearl will have work done on the hood, it will look better, and not as "in your face" as it is now..LOL

perhaps they won't notice..

nurse.darcy
01-08-2011, 06:10 AM
hopefully in the spring The Black Pearl will have work done on the hood, it will look better, and not as "in your face" as it is now..LOL

perhaps they won't notice..

The princess will look forward to a spring visit from the Pyrate.

MICKEY88
01-08-2011, 06:12 AM
The princess will look forward to a spring visit from the Pyrate.

oh, sorry, just meant the car will be done in spring, before car show season starts,

unfortunately unless I win the lottery, or lose my job...LOl

The Black Pearl won't be crossing the border. till July at the earliest

nurse.darcy
01-08-2011, 06:21 AM
oh, sorry, just meant the car will be done in spring, before car show season starts,

unfortunately unless I win the lottery, or lose my job...LOl

The Black Pearl won't be crossing the border. till July at the earliest

Summer is very warm here. Can the Pyrate handle the heat?. . .:rolleyes1

MICKEY88
01-08-2011, 06:29 AM
Summer is very warm here. Can the Pyrate handle the heat?. . .:rolleyes1

I've been there in July and In august, it really isn't any hotter than here

nurse.darcy
01-08-2011, 06:32 AM
I've been there in July and In august, it really isn't any hotter than here

I think perhaps the Pyrate missed the princess's intended message. . .lol.

MICKEY88
01-08-2011, 06:47 AM
I think perhaps the Pyrate missed the princess's intended message. . .lol.

{{{BLUSHING}}}:blush:

nurse.darcy
01-08-2011, 07:35 AM
{{{BLUSHING}}}:blush:

Is it even possible for a princess to make a Pyrate blush? Can Pyrates blush? Just curious. . .

MICKEY88
01-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Is it even possible for a princess to make a Pyrate blush? Can Pyrates blush? Just curious. . .

unfortunately this Pyrate does indeed blush

ctnurse
01-08-2011, 01:31 PM
So did anyone find a prince or pirate under the tree since Xmas is over???

NJDiva
01-08-2011, 02:32 PM

nope...thought I did but he turned out to be a villan....

pickles
01-08-2011, 02:48 PM

What i had under my tree I wish I could return!

MICKEY88
01-08-2011, 06:41 PM

that's too bad :hug:

disneypryncess
01-09-2011, 01:43 AM

I didn't find either but I did find a trip to WDW under there so I can't be too bummed, lol!!!
I guess I'll just have to keep looking....maybe put my order in early for next year??
:confused3

tlionheart78
01-09-2011, 08:36 AM

If it's any consolation, I thought I had a wonderful princess delivered, but my order was messed up and I ended up with her ugly step-sister...:confused3

NJDiva
01-09-2011, 09:30 AM
If it's any consolation, I thought I had a wonderful princess delivered, but my order was messed up and I ended up with her ugly step-sister...:confused3

eww...which ugly step-sister...Anastasia or Drizilla?:rotfl: I know how that feels and in the end you're better off.

tlionheart78
01-09-2011, 10:56 AM
eww...which ugly step-sister...Aniastasia or Druzilla?:rotfl: I know how that feels and in the end you're better off.

Sadly it was Drizella. If it was Anastasia, I wouldn't complain to much because I'm very partial to redheads. :laughing:

NJDiva
01-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Sadly it was Drizella. If it was Anastasia, I wouldn't complain to much because I'm very partial to redheads. :laughing:

so I see. so now we need to find you a redhead....

tlionheart78
01-09-2011, 03:29 PM
so I see. so now we need to find you a redhead....

In all honesty, hair color doesn't matter that much to me. It's just that my first crushes I've had were redheads, both in cinema and in real life.:goodvibes

DisneyFreak06
01-09-2011, 03:44 PM
In all honesty, hair color doesn't matter that much to me. It's just that my first crushes I've had were redheads, both in cinema and in real life.:goodvibes

And hair color can be easily changed! ;)

NJDiva
01-09-2011, 04:47 PM
ok so we know that hair color does not matter, so what does matter for you when looking for your princess?And hair color can be easily changed! ;)

this is very true!

pickles
01-09-2011, 06:49 PM
I'm a red head thanks to lady clairol :rotfl:

was born a dirty blonde with red highlights..sadly time changed it to grey. I tried blonde and my personality so doesnt fit blonde...it did fit red head quite well! :hippie:

but at 45 I am probably a bit too old for most here.
I am surprised the number of young girls who posted and many are pretty, no reason you cant catch a guy..finding a prince may be a challenge thopirate:

BTW must be a farm boy a heart and not mind many dogs and horses and capable of typing emails, otherwise dont bother this red dog :snooty:

tlionheart78
01-09-2011, 07:30 PM
ok so we know that hair color does not matter, so what does matter for you when looking for your princess?

this is very true!

Setting me up, huh? :) Well, I've got so much going on with myself that I haven't even thought of it. Here's what I wrote about my ideal match over in the single's profile thread:
"To be honest, I'm not searching for that special someone at the moment as I'm desperately now at work trying to rebuild my life. Right now, I'm just looking for a good and lasting friendship. But, should that time come when I do find that special princess, I just want her to be smart, funny, attractive woman that who truly loves me for who I am and is able to be in a life-long commitment."
I know, rather open-ended, but that's the key thing I'm looking for. I should also say that my experience in dating is rather low as I've been in one relationship in my life and that ended almost six years ago. :P

nurse.darcy
01-09-2011, 07:52 PM
Setting me up, huh? :) Well, I've got so much going on with myself that I haven't even thought of it. Here's what I wrote about my ideal match over in the single's profile thread:
"To be honest, I'm not searching for that special someone at the moment as I'm desperately now at work trying to rebuild my life. Right now, I'm just looking for a good and lasting friendship. But, should that time come when I do find that special princess, I just want her to be smart, funny, attractive woman that who truly loves me for who I am and is able to be in a life-long commitment."
I know, rather open-ended, but that's the key thing I'm looking for. I should also say that my experience in dating is rather low as I've been in one relationship in my life and that ended almost six years ago. :P

David, don't sell yourself short. You are a good talker and a good listener. Those are key elements to a successful relationship (be it a long term love or even a friendship).

As for those who think they are too old for most on here. Don't be surprised. I am 49 and I have met many men on here who are close to my age and older. They are here, trust me, and most of them are pretty nice guys.

Disneyfan63
01-12-2011, 11:54 AM
Hi,

I'm 47 so I may be a bit too old for (and geographically far from) many on this board. Of the three relationships I've had, the last ending 6/11/2008, two were with women older than I, and the other woman is six months younger than me. One was a natural redhead, one a blonde, and one a brunette. Hair color generally doesn't matter.

Jim, who believes that if you're too open-minded, your brains fall out.

Mousecreant
01-12-2011, 12:32 PM
All the women that have come and gone in my life has never had that spark about Disney. I really wish to find myself a Princess and someone that gets as excited as I do. Not someone to just tolerate my interests but instead someone who wants to share in them. I am and always will be a child at heart and nothing is more exciting than going to WDW during christmas time with someone to keep warm with.

Tinkerbell1013
01-12-2011, 02:03 PM
All the women that have come and gone in my life has never had that spark about Disney. I really wish to find myself a Princess and someone that gets as excited as I do. Not someone to just tolerate my interests but instead someone who wants to share in them. I am and always will be a child at heart and nothing is more exciting than going to WDW during christmas time with someone to keep warm with.

Christmas is the most magical time at Disney World! I'm planning on being there this December to enjoy a Disney Christmas. Something about the decorations, the feel in the air - it truly is a place that is full of Christmas spirit. But - I don't want to be there with just anyone. Spending time there with someone who loves Disney World as much as I do is the only way to do it - otherwise, it just really messes things up!

NJDiva
01-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Hi,

I'm 47 so I may be a bit too old for (and geographically far from) many on this board. Of the three relationships I've had, the last ending 6/11/2008, two were with women older than I, and the other woman is six months younger than me. One was a natural redhead, one a blonde, and one a brunette. Hair color generally doesn't matter.

Jim, who believes that if you're too open-minded, your brains fall out.

that's not true...there are many princesses that are near you in age and in distance. you have 3 states to look in...DE, PA and NJ!

NJDiva
01-12-2011, 02:31 PM
Christmas is the most magical time at Disney World! I'm planning on being there this December to enjoy a Disney Christmas. Something about the decorations, the feel in the air - it truly is a place that is full of Christmas spirit. But - I don't want to be there with just anyone. Spending time there with someone who loves Disney World as much as I do is the only way to do it - otherwise, it just really messes things up!

I'm totally with you on that! I want to go down just to see what a Disney Christmas is all about. I have a co-worker that went in 2010 and said it wasn't worth it but I really want to see it for myself. And you're right, you can't just go with anyone...hopefully they understand and appreciate the magic Disney World has to offer

Mousecreant
01-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Disney is the best time of the year to go, I go every Christmas. I will say Epcot was a little disappointing this year because ever since I can remember they have this amazing archway that spans across the bridge that connects the country's with tomorrow land but this year there were not lights :-( I love MGM, Hollywood studios, during Christmas time because of the all the lights they have for their Osbourne Spectacle of Dancing Lights. And then MK is great because the whole castle is lit up and there are special shows. There is no better place to get into the season than WDW.

Tinkerbell1013
01-12-2011, 03:24 PM
I'm totally with you on that! I want to go down just to see what a Disney Christmas is all about. I have a co-worker that went in 2010 and said it wasn't worth it but I really want to see it for myself. And you're right, you can't just go with anyone...hopefully they understand and appreciate the magic Disney World has to offer

Uggh, I went to Disney World with a friend a few years ago and it was the WORST! She complained the whole time, didn't want to do much at all and found something wrong with everything. When we came home, her boyfriend picked her up at the airport and I haven't seen her since. Darn. :lmao: Someone who can't have fun at Disney...I don't know. Even if you don't LOVE it, how could you hate it?!

You should go at Christmas time - it truly is a completely different experience. Promise. :goodvibes

Disney is the best time of the year to go, I go every Christmas. I will say Epcot was a little disappointing this year because ever since I can remember they have this amazing archway that spans across the bridge that connects the country's with tomorrow land but this year there were not lights :-( I love MGM, Hollywood studios, during Christmas time because of the all the lights they have for their Osbourne Spectacle of Dancing Lights. And then MK is great because the whole castle is lit up and there are special shows. There is no better place to get into the season than WDW.

The arches were beautiful!! I do miss those. They used to do a tree lighting show before they lit the Epcot tree every night - it wasn't something that was spectacular (the show) but it was cute and I think it added a little something to the whole experience. I agree with you, Epcot was a little different without the arches but - I do love the Epcot tree and absolutely LOVE going and hearing the stories in the countries! Just hopeful that someday I'll be there with the right guy to enjoy it with.

NJDiva
01-12-2011, 03:38 PM
[QUOTE=Tinkerbell1013;39514038]Uggh, I went to Disney World with a friend a few years ago and it was the WORST! She complained the whole time, didn't want to do much at all and found something wrong with everything. When we came home, her boyfriend picked her up at the airport and I haven't seen her since. Darn. :lmao: Someone who can't have fun at Disney...I don't know. Even if you don't LOVE it, how could you hate it?!

You should go at Christmas time - it truly is a completely different experience. Promise. :goodvibes

how is that possible??? they have lost their inter-child.

Tinkerbell1013
01-12-2011, 04:42 PM
how is that possible??? they have lost their inter-child.

Beats me... From that point on, I am/will be really picky about who I go on vacation with. Being at Disney World with someone who complains - been there, done that. Won't ever do it again.

DisneyFreak06
01-12-2011, 04:55 PM
Beats me... From that point on, I am/will be really picky about who I go on vacation with. Being at Disney World with someone who complains - been there, done that. Won't ever do it again.

I was really scared in July 09 when my sister invited her sister in law to come to Florida for 3 days.... We were not doing parks, only shopping, and I was nervous as can be at that! We were staying on Disney property and shopping at DTD, outlets and the resorts. TERRIFIED. Thankfully, it was great. No need to worry, and we even did a park trip in 2010. I cannot imagine travelling with someone and having that experience you had. SAD for that person.

MICKEY88
01-12-2011, 05:52 PM

your co-worker is crazy...

WDW at christmas time is amazing, as always, everything is beautiful and the attention to detail is second to no one.

the castle is breathtaking, and just when you think it couldn't be any better, go to the lighting ceremony they have, it will take your breath away and possibly bring tears to your eyes..

disneypryncess
01-12-2011, 07:36 PM

Wow, I couldn't have said that better myself.
I have been to Disney with a few boyfriends, but they did it more for me than any love for Disney.
I'm going to be there for Xmas this year, can't wait (only 11 months to go,lol)!

nurse.darcy
01-14-2011, 01:55 PM
your co-worker is crazy...

WDW at christmas time is amazing, as always, everything is beautiful and the attention to detail is second to no one.

the castle is breathtaking, and just when you think it couldn't be any better, go to the lighting ceremony they have, it will take your breath away and possibly bring tears to your eyes..

The fireworks and the lighting ceremony always bring tears to my eyes. I love the way you described it.

ludari
01-14-2011, 02:07 PM
The fireworks and the lighting ceremony always bring tears to my eyes. I love the way you described it.

Okay, with my newly aquired AP I'm going to have to visit DL during Christmas this year.

Mousecreant
01-14-2011, 02:19 PM
Okay, with my newly aquired AP I'm going to have to visit DL during Christmas this year.

Just make sure to look at attendance numbers from the past couple of years. We always go when attendance drops and it makes the lines a lot more bearable.

Uncle Orville
01-14-2011, 02:19 PM

Yeah, I had the same thing happen with a girl...let's just say there wasn't a second date! Never settle. Trust me on that. :thumbsup2

Uncle Orville
01-14-2011, 02:25 PM
Amen, my friend. I'd rather be alone than with someone who just doesn't get it. You'll find her-- sometimes timing is everything!

nurse.darcy
01-14-2011, 02:27 PM

Its definitely a must do. At DL it even "snows" on Main Street.

MICKEY88
01-14-2011, 05:05 PM

it snows on main st at WDW too..

nurse.darcy
01-14-2011, 05:42 PM
it snows on main st at WDW too..

I have never seen the snow at WDW on main street and I have been there at Christmas several times. Hmmmmmm.

MICKEY88
01-14-2011, 05:50 PM
I have never seen the snow at WDW on main street and I have been there at Christmas several times. Hmmmmmm.

perhaps you should have stayed a little later,

I walked out of the emporium one night and it was snowing, I had to stop and really look to see if it was disney magic or the real thing since it was so cold..

nurse.darcy
01-14-2011, 06:12 PM
perhaps you should have stayed a little later,

I walked out of the emporium one night and it was snowing, I had to stop and really look to see if it was disney magic or the real thing since it was so cold..

Perhaps I should have. Next Christmas I won't miss it. . .maybe i'll have a Pyrate to share it with. . .;)

MICKEY88
01-14-2011, 06:26 PM
Perhaps I should have. Next Christmas I won't miss it. . .maybe i'll have a Pyrate to share it with. . .;)

try www.Pyratepersonals.com (www.staRRRshots.com)

nurse.darcy
01-15-2011, 02:04 AM
try www.Pyratepersonals.com (www.staRRRshots.com)

No thanks. . .I think I may have found my Pyrate. . .

MICKEY88
01-15-2011, 07:49 AM
No thanks. . .I think I may have found my Pyrate. . .

did you at least try the link :thumbsup2

nurse.darcy
01-15-2011, 09:16 AM
did you at least try the link :thumbsup2

I didn't then, but I have now. . .:thumbsup2

ctnurse
01-15-2011, 09:31 AM
I'm thinking someone should start a Disney Prince for Valentine's Day thread now!:rotfl2:

MICKEY88
01-15-2011, 09:41 AM
I didn't then, but I have now. . .:thumbsup2

they have a saying at the PA REN FAIRE, used a lot at the Pyrate auction..

"Trust A Pyrate "
Perhaps the Princess will eventually learn to do that pirate:

MICKEY88
01-15-2011, 10:10 AM
I'm thinking someone should start a Disney Prince for Valentine's Day thread now!:rotfl2:

i think you should start it, since it's your idea..

nurse.darcy
01-15-2011, 10:16 AM
they have a saying at the PA REN FAIRE, used a lot at the Pyrate auction..

"Trust A Pyrate "
Perhaps the Princess will eventually learn to do that pirate:

Perhaps. . .;)

ludari
01-15-2011, 05:41 PM

Okay I'm sold. I will definitely add it to my calendar this year. Maybe even plan a few trips during the Christmas season.

ludari
01-15-2011, 05:45 PM

Maybe we should include MLK as well before Valentine's Day. To be fair there should also be a thread for both Prince and Princesses.

ludari
01-15-2011, 05:47 PM
Just make sure to look at attendance numbers from the past couple of years. We always go when attendance drops and it makes the lines a lot more bearable.

Thanks Mousecreant for the advice but what website to I look up the attendance for DL? I need to add it to my favorite.

Mousecreant
01-16-2011, 04:21 PM
Thanks Mousecreant for the advice but what website to I look up the attendance for DL? I need to add it to my favorite.

Im pretty sure that disboards has a page that is called "lighter weeks" here is a link I check my unofficial disney book and they seem to be right. http://www.wdwinfo.com/tips_for_touring/WeeksofDisney.htm

Disneylover1971
01-17-2011, 01:28 AM
I am a Disney Prince seeking his Disney Princess...oh and I'm a true southern gent too.

disneypryncess
01-17-2011, 09:41 AM
You live nowhere near me but what woman doesn't like a man with a southern drawl...

tlionheart78
01-17-2011, 10:05 AM
You live nowhere near me but what woman doesn't like a man with a southern drawl...

If you live in the hick parts of Tennessee (the state I'm from), you might change your mind. :laughing: I, however, like to consider myself a southern gentleman. ;)

Disneylover1971
01-17-2011, 12:45 PM

That's why God invented weekends :) And Disney Vacations.

disneypryncess
01-17-2011, 01:17 PM
That's why God invented weekends :) And Disney Vacations.

I like your attitude already! hehe
;)

Disneylover1971
01-17-2011, 01:22 PM
Why thank you :) And I do want to find a Disney Princess and get married there too.

disneypryncess
01-17-2011, 11:09 PM
If you live in the hick parts of Tennessee (the state I'm from), you might change your mind. :laughing: I, however, like to consider myself a southern gentleman. ;)

So far,I've been to the Memphis & Nashville areas of TN and all of the people that I met were very very nice!!

Kfyr23
01-19-2011, 08:01 PM
So what is everyone's deadline now are we working on Prince and Princess' for Valentines day now?

BrizMarc
01-19-2011, 08:58 PM

I think you nailed it in the head there. I went to Disneyland Paris 3 years ago with a Girlfriend that only tolerated my love of Disney. I still had a great time but I knew it wasnt going to last. It didnt lol. I promised myself when I find a partnet it will be someone that will share my love of all things Disney.

tlionheart78
01-19-2011, 10:10 PM
So far,I've been to the Memphis & Nashville areas of TN and all of the people that I met were very very nice!!

I live near the Appalachian Mountains and as a delivery driver for a Ford dealership, I've made deliveries to auto and body shops that require you to "turn off the paved road." I've met some wonderful people, mind you, but I've had my fair share of running into rather *interesting* folk. :rotfl:

nurse.darcy
01-20-2011, 07:18 AM
I live near the Appalachian Mountains and as a delivery driver for a Ford dealership, I've made deliveries to auto and body shops that require you to "turn off the paved road." I've met some wonderful people, mind you, but I've had my fair share of running into rather *interesting* folk. :rotfl:

David, I am from California originally, Los Angeles area to be sure, and most people regard me as "interesting". So I am wondering what your version of interesting is. . .lol.

MICKEY88
01-20-2011, 09:35 AM
David, I am from California originally, Los Angeles area to be sure, and most people regard me as "interesting". So I am wondering what your version of interesting is. . .lol.

"Interesting" yeh I suppose that is one way to describe you LOL

disneypryncess
01-20-2011, 12:15 PM

I'm from Northern Jersey, right outside of Manhattan, and I think that "interesting" is "normal" here!!
:rotfl2:

NJDiva
01-20-2011, 02:42 PM
I'm from Northern Jersey, right outside of Manhattan, and I think that "interesting" is "normal" here!!
:rotfl2:

it is....to us :rotfl2:

MICKEY88
01-20-2011, 03:13 PM
it is....to us :rotfl2:

I wonder if Love Canal has anything to do with that ??:cool1:

nurse.darcy
01-20-2011, 05:30 PM
"Interesting" yeh I suppose that is one way to describe you LOL

Oh My Captain, you must come to realize what that means. . .I expect that you will find out soon enough. . .lol.

tlionheart78
02-02-2011, 09:23 PM
I know I'm resurrecting a near dead thread, but I've gotten rather attached to it. :3 Here's hoping someone finds a prince/princess for Valentine's Day. :)

And while I'm thinking about it...

in all honesty, hair color doesn't matter that much to me. It's just that my first crushes i've had were redheads, both in cinema and in real life.:goodvibes
ok so we know that hair color does not matter, so what does matter for you when looking for your princess?

I need to change something in what I said. I know it's rather open-ended, but someone who has a great sense of humor (and a high tolerance of my twisted one), has an open mind on life, and is able to be in a long term commitment. There's some other stuff right now that I just can't think of at the moment as I am getting a bit tired. ;)

...Oh, and there is in fact a lot of bonus points if a redhead is involved. :laughing:

Tanbellisima
02-02-2011, 10:33 PM
I know I'm resurrecting a near dead thread, but I've gotten rather attached to it. :3 Here's hoping someone finds a prince/princess for Valentine's Day. :)

And while I'm thinking about it...

I need to change something in what I said. I know it's rather open-ended, but someone who has a great sense of humor (and a high tolerance of my twisted one), has an open mind on life, and is able to be in a long term commitment. There's some other stuff right now that I just can't think of at the moment as I am getting a bit tired. ;)

...Oh, and there is in fact a lot of bonus points if a redhead is involved. :laughing:

Hi♥

I just returned from Disney World (12/31/10 to 01/13/10) which always makes me feel romantic for weeks after. Here here to all of us singles finding our special Disney Valentine for the 14th. I love holidays especially when they involve chocolate kisses.

http://www.mudtrap.com/images/HEART-CANDY-ANIMATION.gif

WheelCEO
02-02-2011, 10:49 PM
v-day disney date anyone?

Tanbellisima
02-02-2011, 11:07 PM
v-day disney date anyone?

You're so sweet. I'd share my Valentine's day with you. RU a Disney Prince? If so which one........feel free to make one up too. Just as long as
you like to share your turkey legs and disney fp photos. LOL!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3123/2398777137_8ee47a5e4e.jpg

disneypryncess
02-03-2011, 09:10 AM

Thanks for bringing it back!
I'm with you-here's to disney princes/princesses for everyone!
:goodvibes

Businessgypsy
02-03-2011, 10:36 AM
Lots of us in a range of ages, gender and family situations are available, but finding a match that works for both parties is the big barrier.

For instance, I sound pretty good on the surface: Well mannered, capable Disney freak. Excellent health, lots of flexible time, annual pass holder, 3 hours from WDW , frequently found on bicycle/motorcycle, great cook, builder, artist, writer, gardener. Generous, well read, fun and adventurous. Doesn't watch team sports, preferring to engage life rather than observe others.

Not so bad, right? Now for the full disclosure:

Adamant about finding a partner of slight build with no kids (at home anyway) who shares an interest in and has time for travel, art, food and music. Must enjoy/tolerate responsible herbal recreation and treasure time apart as much as time together. Monogamy is my only setting. Quirky. Early fifties and not finding many like minded active arty types withing ten years either side of my age, or that have taken care of themselves as well as I have. Not that I'm a Adonis. My teeth, hair and body are all original equipment in good shape, but I'll be visiting the plastic surgeon soon to tune up an experienced visage. Not great at compromise, but willing to try.

In other words, an aging shallow opinionated business bohemian with an impossible agenda. Darcy (a wonderful soul) has met me, ask her. Truth in advertising is a messy pile of day old fish, no?

So, there is such a thing as a Disney guy with the time and resources to wallow in the whole concept, but who'll put up with him? Good thing I enjoy my own company!

nurse.darcy
02-03-2011, 10:48 AM
Lots of us in a range of ages, gender and family situations are available, but finding a match that works for both parties is the big barrier.

For instance, I sound pretty good on the surface: Well mannered, capable Disney freak. Excellent health, lots of flexible time, annual pass holder, 3 hours from WDW , frequently found on bicycle/motorcycle, great cook, builder, artist, writer, gardener. Generous, well read, fun and adventurous. Doesn't watch team sports, preferring to engage life rather than observe others.

Adamant about finding a partner of slight build with no kids (at home anyway) who shares an interest in and has time for travel, art, food and music. Must enjoy/tolerate responsible herbal recreation and treasure time apart as much as time together. Monogamy is my only setting. Quirky. Early fifties and not finding many like minded active arty types withing ten years either side of my age, or that have taken care of themselves as well as I have. Not that I'm a Adonis. My teeth, hair and body are all original equipment in good shape, but I'll be visiting the plastic surgeon soon to tune up an experienced visage. Not great at compromise, but willing to try.

In other words, an aging shallow opinionated business bohemian with an impossible agenda. Darcy (a wonderful soul) has met me, ask her. Truth in advertising is a messy pile of day old fish, no?

So, there is such a thing as a Disney guy with the time and resources to wallow in the whole concept, but who'll put up with him? Good thing I enjoy my own company!

Wow, look who dusted himself off and came up for air. . .lol. Nice to "see" you again. And ladies, he is everything he says. And that is the truth (I am referring to the full disclosure part). Of course, you could add "known to spontaneously dance with random strangers". . .lol.

Businessgypsy
02-03-2011, 10:59 AM
Wow, look who dusted himself off and came up for air. . .lol. Nice to "see" you again. And ladies, he is everything he says. And that is the truth (I am referring to the full disclosure part). Of course, you could add "known to spontaneously dance with random strangers". . .lol.

Been off slaying dragons. Counting on a low park attendance this Sunday while the football zombies are locked in worship, time for a drink? I prefer "Randomly dances with spontaneous strangers"

nurse.darcy
02-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Been off slaying dragons. Counting on a low park attendance this Sunday while the football zombies are locked in worship, time for a drink? I prefer "Randomly dances with spontaneous strangers"

Sure, why not. I am not on call Sunday. You have my number.

Tanbellisima
02-03-2011, 11:53 AM

Sometimes when we singles have been single in our very enjoyable lifestyle we forget that all the whirlwind excitment of doing what we want when we want it garners more of the same. Singleness.

If we singles sit still and open our hand something magical happens. Much like a butterfly on a flower a mutual, fulfilling relationship alights.

It's really not about looks or age but about connecting.

(PS why the plastic surgery? I looked at your singles profile. You look great, are active, and healthy. IMO plastic surgery in general damages the soul. Me thinks sunscreen and exfoliation and your perfect. EVOO and garlic are natures internal tightners. LOL!)

Disneylover1971
02-03-2011, 12:52 PM
And it's always not about how far apart we are either. If it's meant to be, then it's meant to be...but that's my thoughts on the subject :)

Businessgypsy
02-03-2011, 03:07 PM
...It's really not about looks or age but about connecting...Ah, the classic Venus and Mars situation:

Guy 'fesses up that, yes, he really is that shallow.

Woman says it's not really about that.

Guy says...but I just said that I really, um - okay, sure.

Appreciate your comment, Tanbellisima, but I can be a decent, caring human and still have a strong physical preference. Maybe they won't cop to it, but everybody does to one degree or another. If that means continued singleness, well - it's a pretty sweet life. The larger tragedy ( I know from sad experience ) would be trying to force a relationship with a great person that I wasn't really physically attracted to. Thank you for the kind compliment as well, but the only baggage I have is under my eyes - and it's got to go. I might be risking damage to my soul, but I wasn't really using it for anything:) Love the nature's internal tighteners comment, going to be the name of my new band!

I agree, Disneylover1971, distance is no obstacle. For nomadic folks like me anyway. FWIW, I'm not sticky about age or a big fan of classic beauty (interesting personalities win out over typical model looks), but my wiring is stuck on small frames. It's not a preference you'd go out and nurture, 'cause it definitely reduces the possibilities dramatically. Three decades of active laboratory testing indicates that it's not an electable option. I'm sure that my silver hair is an unsurmountable obstacle for some. Just a matter of dealing with the real.

nurse.darcy
02-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Ah, the classic Venus and Mars situation:

Appreciate your comment, Tanbellisima, but I can be a decent, caring human and still have a strong physical preference. Maybe they won't cop to it, but everybody does to one degree or another. If that means continued singleness, well - it's a pretty sweet life. The larger tragedy ( I know from sad experience ) would be trying to force a relationship with a great person that I wasn't really physically attracted to. Thank you for the kind compliment as well, but the only baggage I have is under my eyes - and it's got to go. I might be risking damage to my soul, but I wasn't really using it for anything:) Love the nature's internal tighteners comment, going to be the name of my new band!

I agree, Disneylover1971, distance is no obstacle. For nomadic folks like me anyway. FWIW, I'm not sticky about age or a big fan of classic beauty (interesting personalities win out over typical model looks), but my wiring is stuck on small frames. It's not a preference you'd go out and nurture, 'cause it definitely reduces the possibilities dramatically. Three decades of active laboratory testing indicates that it's not an electable option. I'm sure that my silver hair is an unsurmountable obstacle for some. Just a matter of dealing with the real.

My friend, you crack me up. It would be fun if guys would automatically say, "hey look, I really am not into this type, or that type". Its refreshing if you know you don't have a shot with someone you automatically get along with because then you can develop a great friendship without that "back of the mind" wondering "does he, or doesn't he". Sometimes guys (and girls for that matter) just hang on to someone to forestall the "loneliness" that is felt when not in a relationship. I, myself, have been guilty of that. Won't happen again, for sure. See you Sunday.

Oh and for what its worth ladies, I am not his type, but then again, he is not mine either. Sure is fun to hang and have a drink with though.

captaindavidhook
02-03-2011, 06:49 PM
[QUOTE=Tanbellisima;39813451]Sometimes when we singles have been single in our very enjoyable lifestyle we forget that all the whirlwind excitment of doing what we want when we want it garners more of the same. Singleness.

If we singles sit still and open our hand something magical happens. Much like a butterfly on a flower a mutual, fulfilling relationship alights.

If you don't mind, I like to throw my hat into this subject. What you have to say about meeting someone and not worrying about looks or age, is a common occurance in most relationships before they even get started.

For wrong or right, these things happen and aren't going to stop anytime soon. My honest belief is that some people forget or choose not too, look deep down inside of someone and see the good they have to offer. yes, I am a guy who thinks it is important to have a physical attraction to a female just opposed to a female to a guy they are dating but there is more to this and that.

What about thier interests? Can they carry a converasation? Do they look at themself in the mirror every 5 mins? I tend to think we forget, we all shouldn't be looking for mr or ms right, we should be looking for our best friend.

Yeah, it may sound sappy but it is the truth. Doesn't it come down to you wanting to wake up next to that special person in bed next to you, for the rest of your life? Walking in the rain together, and holding hands. Cooking him or her breakfast and spending the day in bed. To me and I have told some friends this; it's the smaller things in life that you can come to appreciatte about the loved one your are with. That's all that matters and should matter.

Tanbellisima
02-03-2011, 06:58 PM

C'est la vie! I was actually just testing you to see if you really are who you say you are. I did expect something along the lines of you aren't religious. Some people say one thing and then do another. You seem to be the firecracker that you say you are. So far you have been pretty true to your profile. Also, it's not shallow to profess what you want. If you like slight build women, petite women, and that is what you desire, and that is what makes you potent then go for it. Life is all about the pleasure. Joy joy!

You are aware though that this way of talking makes the average women compare herself and then feel bad. You know that, right? That alot of men use your techniques and words to actually prey on women's feelings? Some people do it naturally, that is who they are, some people do it to manipulate. You know, to get a date and make the other person do all the work. The old switch and bate:

"Oh well we were together last night but you know that you're not my type."

"Oh yeah, of course," says the humiliated, desparate person," We're just friends."

So Business Gypsy, leading with your personality, after slight build do your like blondes, brunettes, or redheads?

And yes I think we need to catergorize what kind of Disney Prince you are. I'm thinking a Prince Naveen. What do you think?

DisneyFreak06
02-03-2011, 07:08 PM
If you don't mind, I like to throw my hat into this subject. What you have to say about meeting someone and not worrying about looks or age, is a common occurance in most relationships before they even get started.

For wrong or right, these things happen and aren't going to stop anytime soon. My honest belief is that some people forget or choose not too, look deep down inside of someone and see the good they have to offer. yes, I am a guy who thinks it is important to have a physical attraction to a female just opposed to a female to a guy they are dating but there is more to this and that.

What about thier interests? Can they carry a converasation? Do they look at themself in the mirror every 5 mins? I tend to think we forget, we all shouldn't be looking for mr or ms right, we should be looking for our best friend.

Yeah, it may sound sappy but it is the truth. Doesn't it come down to you wanting to wake up next to that special person in bed next to you, for the rest of your life? Walking in the rain together, and holding hands. Cooking him or her breakfast and spending the day in bed. To me and I have told some friends this; it's the smaller things in life that you can come to appreciatte about the loved one your are with. That's all that matters and should matter.

I just have to say that is well said! Yes, there should be some kind of attraction, but sometimes the attractions comes because of everything else. I, personally, am looking for my best friend!

captaindavidhook
02-03-2011, 07:12 PM
I just have to say that is well said! Yes, there should be some kind of attraction, but sometimes the attractions comes because of everything else. I, personally, am looking for my best friend!

Yes this is true. Thanks for the nice complement as well. The attraction can come from everything about her or his personality. I think eyes and the scent are two things that are greatly underrated imo but hey, that just might be me.

Tanbellisima
02-03-2011, 07:41 PM
[QUOTE=Tanbellisima;39813451]Sometimes when we singles have been single in our very enjoyable lifestyle we forget that all the whirlwind excitment of doing what we want when we want it garners more of the same. Singleness.

Hi Captain David,

You are aptly named for David means Beloved. You seem to be a real sweetie pie! Sounds lovely.

captaindavidhook
02-03-2011, 07:45 PM
[QUOTE=captaindavidhook;39819472]

Hi Captain David,

You are aptly named for David means Beloved. You seem to be a real sweetie pie! Sounds lovely.

Why thank you. Very nice of you to notice and say. :goodvibes

Tanbellisima
02-03-2011, 07:49 PM

Hey DisneyFreak06,

Isn't Prince Edward Island the same island that the Anne of Green Gables Series is based on? I love Anne of Green Gables! The island is so prettu in the spring. How is the weather there today? I'm in Arizona and it is cold here.

Disneylover1971
02-03-2011, 07:54 PM
I just want to find someone that will accept me for me, faults and all. Personally I think distance is never a problem, especially if you truly want to get to know the person. But it has to be wanted on both sides. That's just my take on it.

Pinkee77
02-03-2011, 08:16 PM

This made me giggle! And I agree completely.

The thing is, most men will "tell on themselves" early on (ie: on the first date). But most women choose not to listen. Somewhere in the back of her mind and, perhaps, even unconsciously she thinks she can change/fix him. Then later on she is disappointed when, in spite of all her nagging, he won't change.

And while it's a very romantic notion to be looking for your best friend, it's not realistic. We are social creatures, and we need various types of relationships. We all have those friends that are fun to hang out with, the one that you go to for advice, and the ones that are great listeners. No one person could possibly fulfill all the roles in your life.

Physical attraction is where is starts but compatability is the most important - common interests and common goals. You have to decide what you are willing to live with and what you can not. So, ladies, if he likes to wear the same pair of socks for a week straight and you don't find that to your liking...move on! Because, in 15 years guess what he'll still be doing?

Tanbellisima
02-03-2011, 08:26 PM
I just want to find someone that will accept me for me, faults and all. Personally I think distance is never a problem, especially if you truly want to get to know the person. But it has to be wanted on both sides. That's just my take on it.

I want the same. I don't think distance is a problem as long as you work on coming together in the end.

Disneylover1971
02-03-2011, 08:39 PM
I want the same. I don't think distance is a problem as long as you work on coming together in the end.

Amen to that...That's what weekends are for, and air travel :)

tlionheart78
02-03-2011, 08:52 PM
I don't know if this will fit into the current conversation, but I think that I need to clear the air a bit on this by explaining a bit more of myself. Hopefully this will give me some kind of status on here...or something to that effect. But before I do, I just want to first say that I when it comes to first knowing people, I prefer to know more about the good qualities about them and I learn more of the negative traits as I go along. And, I can say that right now, I feel like I'm about to dump a really big negative on here for some reason.

I've been asked before as to what is it that I'm looking for in a possible mate, but the truth is that I really and truly do not know for certain. And it's nothing to do with being shallow, but has everything to do with my social life... i.e. my lack of one. I've explained this before in a separate thread, but when I was a toddler, I was diagnosed as a (high-functioning) autistic. And while I have been told that I am a great listener, the big problems that I often have had in my life is trying to hold my attention (especially in conversations), and reading the emotions of others. I often feel that understanding what others are feeling is the most difficult for me because, I never been able to tell when someone was being serious with me or not, or when someone might be flirting/showing an interest in me or something else. It's because of this that during my school/college years, I have been so withdrawn to others that it was very easy to be an introvert. I have never had any dates (no dances or proms, either) during my school years, I only had one relationship in college, and that never worked out mainly because she and I rushed into this without even getting to know what either of us wanted from each other.

It's because of all this and my dating inexperience that I tend to be very vague in what it is I want not only from a future relationship, but what I want from a girl that might have an interest in me. It's really nice to be on a WDW thread where singles can mix and mingle with each other and I'm happy to be a part of it. But as I've stated before, I'm really into starting friendships and, if anything, I'm hoping that a great relationship will blossom from one of them.

So, with all that explained, I think that the biggest quality that I want to find in a future princess is that she is understanding and is able to live with what I have. My social skills may not be up to snuff, but my own emotions are just the same as the next person.

Pinkee77
02-03-2011, 09:04 PM
David, you are a sweetheart! And your princess is out there waiting for you, somewhere.

Businessgypsy
02-03-2011, 09:08 PM
...You are aware though that this way of talking makes the average women compare herself and then feel bad. You know that, right? That alot of men use your techniques and words to actually prey on women's feelings? I take off for just a couple of hours to ride my bike on the beach, and totally miss the fireworks!

I'll try and catch up: No, I was not aware that being honest makes women feel bad and compare themselves to anything in particular, nor that a lot of men use my techniques to prey on women's feelings. Should I be collecting a royalty?

Hope you're not serious; being bummed out by honesty would make for a pretty unsettling life. I'm not a serial dater and have only been in monogamous, long term relationships. Just completed a year of solitude, and thinking about being half of a couple again. This cynical world of which you speak is not familiar to me. If my communication is not processed and lubricated for maximum efficiency in today's dating world, it's okay. I'm only looking for one, and she'll know where my heart is.

captaindavidhook, Good on 'ya mate! Noble, time proven approach. Very sensible. You'll do famously. Not my way at all.

Prince Naveen? Well, I am from New Orleans. Flattered to be compared to any Disney Character, although Peter Pan or the Mad Hatter seem more fitting.

Seems I stirred something up here. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

An aside: Get down to Southwest Florida if at all possible. 83 today, the manatees and dolphins were out like kids on recess. Kayaked with clients for lunch and biked on the beach at low tide for sunset. Truly wish you could all have been here for this discussion. Much mellowness would result.

MICKEY88
02-04-2011, 12:33 AM
And while it's a very romantic notion to be looking for your best friend, it's not realistic. We are social creatures, and we need various types of relationships. We all have those friends that are fun to hang out with, the one that you go to for advice, and the ones that are great listeners. No one person could possibly fulfill all the roles in your life.

I respectfully disagree with this, I think it's very realistic to find that person that is our best friend. 1.I've been told by people of all ages that I am fun to hang with, 2. I have many friends that come to me for advice, and 3. I've also been told I'm a great listener

2 and 3 so much so, that I have had people pour out their hearts to me within an hour of meeting them, and then ask me for advice,
not bragging, not trying to sell myself, just telling it like it is.

and I'm certain if there is one person like that, there are many others, male and female,
the problem is, often when people find that person who can be their best friend, they are afraid to risk the friendship by dating..
that said, we still need other friends, for various reasons

Disneylover1971
02-04-2011, 01:16 AM
Well here's my take on it all. There are two types of friends. Those who will never be romantically involved for one reason or another. And those who will share their dreams, desires, ect and be romantically involved. Sure you can pour your heart out to anyone but I'd prefer it be with the one I love. I want a friend that I can't stand to be without...one I pine for whenever we're apart. Someone that will WANT to call me because she wants to. Or text me because she misses me.

Hope this all makes sense.

DisneyFreak06
02-04-2011, 05:39 PM
Yes this is true. Thanks for the nice complement as well. The attraction can come from everything about her or his personality. I think eyes and the scent are two things that are greatly underrated imo but hey, that just might be me.

I totally agree. And I think a physical attraction can really dissappear if the personality is not nice. When I was a student, the first day I met a guy, I thought he was really good looking. He had great eyes (I love eyes too). Then I got to know him, and he started getting less and less good looking. Not a terrible guy, just nothing that I was interested in. It can happen. I'd rather be attracted to someone because of who they are than because of what they look like; looks can change a lot more easily than personality.

DisneyFreak06
02-04-2011, 05:42 PM
Hey DisneyFreak06,

Isn't Prince Edward Island the same island that the Anne of Green Gables Series is based on? I love Anne of Green Gables! The island is so prettu in the spring. How is the weather there today? I'm in Arizona and it is cold here.

Hi! You bet PEI is where Anne was from in the books. I love PEI in all seasons, but I love the heat, which is why I like to go to Florida! (Sometimes even in the summer). It's cold here today, right now it's -5 which is not too bad. I guess that's around 23F according to an internet converter. It's cold enough for me though!

How cold is it in Arizona? I thought that was one of the places that it was usually quite warm... :confused3

captaindavidhook
02-04-2011, 06:35 PM
I totally agree. And I think a physical attraction can really dissappear if the personality is not nice. When I was a student, the first day I met a guy, I thought he was really good looking. He had great eyes (I love eyes too). Then I got to know him, and he started getting less and less good looking. Not a terrible guy, just nothing that I was interested in. It can happen. I'd rather be attracted to someone because of who they are than because of what they look like; looks can change a lot more easily than personality.

I think it helps when two people can share a common bond or the same interest's together. The physical attraction aspect always doesn't materialize as you may want it to. There are other key elements that can keep a relationship working. I tend to think a person who might have a world wind of knowledge and a stimulating mind to boot, can be just as sexy as a hot looking body. Maybe I am naive but to each thier own. Your right in saying looks can change, cause they do. It happens but with some hope and luck; the person who you end up with doesn't change. They remain true to you and themself.

DisneyFreak06
02-04-2011, 06:43 PM
I think it helps when two people can share a common bond or the same interest's together. The physical attraction aspect always doesn't materialize as you may want it to. There are other key elements that can keep a relationship working. I tend to think a person who might have a world wind of knowledge and a stimulating mind to boot, can be just as sexy as a hot looking body. Maybe I am naive but to each thier own. Your right in saying looks can change, cause they do. It happens but with some hope and luck; the person who you end up with doesn't change. They remain true to you and themself.

I must spend too much time on facebook.... I was looking for the LIKE button! :rotfl: :confused3

captaindavidhook
02-04-2011, 06:46 PM
I must spend too much time on facebook.... I was looking for the LIKE button! :rotfl: :confused3

Awwww thank you!!! :thumbsup2

Pinkee77
02-04-2011, 06:47 PM
I respectfully disagree with this, I think it's very realistic to find that person that is our best friend. 1.I've been told by people of all ages that I am fun to hang with, 2. I have many friends that come to me for advice, and 3. I've also been told I'm a great listener

2 and 3 so much so, that I have had people pour out their hearts to me within an hour of meeting them, and then ask me for advice,
not bragging, not trying to sell myself, just telling it like it is.

and I'm certain if there is one person like that, there are many others, male and female,
the problem is, often when people find that person who can be their best friend, they are afraid to risk the friendship by dating..
that said, we still need other friends, for various reasons

It is completely okay for you to disagree with me. :) You have your opinion, and I have mine. However, I don't think we are in complete opposition here.

Certainly, in a long term relationship you would look for the qualities that you have described here. And I don't doubt you possess those qualities, as do others.

I do however, think that it's unrealistic to expect one person to meet all your needs. This is the point where most relationships fail because he or she feels their needs are not being met.

I have been working in psych for over 10 years now, and have watched this scenario play out over and over. Not to mention getting "burned" in my own relationship. Call my cynical. :confused3

MICKEY88
02-04-2011, 08:14 PM
It is completely okay for you to disagree with me. :) You have your opinion, and I have mine. However, I don't think we are in complete opposition here.

Certainly, in a long term relationship you would look for the qualities that you have described here. And I don't doubt you possess those qualities, as do others.

I do however, think that it's unrealistic to expect one person to meet all your needs. This is the point where most relationships fail because he or she feels their needs are not being met.

I have been working in psych for over 10 years now, and have watched this scenario play out over and over. Not to mention getting "burned" in my own relationship. Call my cynical. :confused3

another problem is, too many people believe in fairy tales, and expect to find the same, even if you are fortunate enough to find that best friend relationship, there will still be times or issues over which you will not agree, there is no perfect life, or relationship, true love is more than a feeling, it's also a decision, one must decide to love their mate regardless of imperfections, and regardless of disagreements

Pinkee77
02-04-2011, 08:44 PM
another problem is, too many people believe in fairy tales, and expect to find the same, even if you are fortunate enough to find that best friend relationship, there will still be times or issues over which you will not agree, there is no perfect life, or relationship, true love is more than a feeling, it's also a decision, one must decide to love their mate regardless of imperfections, and regardless of disagreements

:thumbsup2 Huzzah!

MICKEY88
02-04-2011, 09:02 PM
:thumbsup2 Huzzah!

I've only ever heard that at the Ren FAire before.. :confused3

nurse.darcy
02-04-2011, 09:11 PM
Here is all I have to say on this. I have been horrid in the past at choosing a mate. I have been divorced 2 times and had a few failed relationships. One thing that I DO know without a doubt is you cannot expect anyone else to fulfill your needs. That is something you must do for yourself. You can, however, expect that you will find someone with which you enjoy being with, doing things with, planning with, going to movies with, having an intimate relationship with, share your deepest darkest secrets with, can't stand to be apart from, etc.

I love my time to myself, but I love being with others. I am a social butterfly. There is not a shy bone in my body and I love a social gathering. These things I need for me. My mate does not need to love social gatherings nor does he need to be the life of the party. He does, however, need to understand that I need that. But then, I also need to understand my mate's needs. Its a delicate balance. At this stage in my life I don't need someone to take care of me financially. I want a companion to share things with. To share life with. If that companion comes with an outer wrapping that appeals to me, so be it. But I can HONESTLY tell you I don't give a hoot about the outer wrapping. Honesty, integrity, trustworthiness, and the ability to love unconditionally are all I need. Oh, and hand-holding, hugs, and an occasional PDA. . .lol.

Kfyr23
02-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Rainy rainy day here in Florida. Sounds like a perfect day for the parks.

Altoqueenkelly
02-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Rainy rainy day here in Florida. Sounds like a perfect day for the parks.

Have fun at MK :thumbsup2

ugadog99
02-06-2011, 07:52 PM

:thumbsup2

In general, I believe people give up too easily. In too many cases, I think people believe relationships are easily disposable. I guess it comes from the age we are living in now. Whatever it is, few people (males and females) seem willing to actually WORK to make a relationship last.

I don't believe in fairy tales, but I'd love to find my slightly tarnished prince! :)

Altoqueenkelly
02-06-2011, 08:41 PM
In general, I believe people give up too easily. In too many cases, I think people believe relationships are easily disposable. I guess it comes from the age we are living in now. Whatever it is, few people (males and females) seem willing to actually WORK to make a relationship last.

I don't believe in fairy tales, but I'd love to find my slightly tarnished prince! :)

Very very well said. Its also true that so many people arent honest about what they want or how they feel. Too many dating games, Its exhausting :rotfl:

Kfyr23
02-06-2011, 10:47 PM
I agree 100 % people give up way to easy these days.

MICKEY88
02-06-2011, 11:43 PM
the problem is, we have become an instant gratification, throw away society.

no patience, and things are meant to be used and disposed of,

too many people apply these ideas to relationships

ugadog99
02-07-2011, 06:06 AM
the problem is, we have become an instant gratification, throw away society.

no patience, and things are meant to be used and disposed of,

too many people apply these ideas to relationships

Exactly!

Pinkee77
02-07-2011, 03:19 PM
I've only ever heard that at the Ren FAire before.. :confused3

I was saying "Hooray!" (As in, I agree and it's refreshing to hear.)

Here is all I have to say on this. I have been horrid in the past at choosing a mate. I have been divorced 2 times and had a few failed relationships. One thing that I DO know without a doubt is you cannot expect anyone else to fulfill your needs. That is something you must do for yourself. You can, however, expect that you will find someone with which you enjoy being with, doing things with, planning with, going to movies with, having an intimate relationship with, share your deepest darkest secrets with, can't stand to be apart from, etc.

I love my time to myself, but I love being with others. I am a social butterfly. There is not a shy bone in my body and I love a social gathering. These things I need for me. My mate does not need to love social gatherings nor does he need to be the life of the party. He does, however, need to understand that I need that. But then, I also need to understand my mate's needs. Its a delicate balance. At this stage in my life I don't need someone to take care of me financially. I want a companion to share things with. To share life with. If that companion comes with an outer wrapping that appeals to me, so be it. But I can HONESTLY tell you I don't give a hoot about the outer wrapping. Honesty, integrity, trustworthiness, and the ability to love unconditionally are all I need. Oh, and hand-holding, hugs, and an occasional PDA. . .lol.

I don't understand the bolded comment. Obviously, we all have needs - such as the ones you described in your second paragraph above.

There are, however, things that should come from within such as happiness and self esteem. I am guessing that is what you were referring to.

MICKEY88
02-07-2011, 04:07 PM

I knew what you meant, was simply stating I've never heard it used anywhere other than the PA Ren Faire

Pinkee77
02-07-2011, 07:40 PM
I knew what you meant, was simply stating I've never heard it used anywhere other than the PA Ren Faire

Ouch. Sorry. :confused3

nurse.darcy
02-07-2011, 08:17 PM

I don't understand the bolded comment. Obviously, we all have needs - such as the ones you described in your second paragraph above.

There are, however, things that should come from within such as happiness and self esteem. I am guessing that is what you were referring to.

Yes, exactly.

Kfyr23
02-08-2011, 03:09 PM
So Valentines day is less than a week away anyone having luck? LOL

Disneylover1971
02-08-2011, 05:44 PM

ZERO as usual!!!

MICKEY88
02-08-2011, 06:20 PM

:lmao::lmao:

I have a birthday this week, then VAlentine's day next week.. I'll be spending them both alone, I will treat myself to a nice dinner though:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Altoqueenkelly
02-08-2011, 07:26 PM
Valentines Day will be a no-go for me as well this year. :upsidedow I dont mind so much as its fun to celebrate it with my daughter.... however... being the ONLY single girl at work SUCKS! haha.... Its like a freaking florist in there, all except for my desk!!!! :rotfl: Why do clients (I work at a bank) feel the need to constantly ask me where my "boyfriend/husband" is taking me to dinner... I look at em like they are crazy and say "whats a boyfriend/husband?" :rotfl:

Its kinda depressing sometimes, I have considered an "annoyomous" bouquet sent by "Prince Charming".... but then my wallet cries at the price gouging!!!

:rotfl: LOL :rotfl:

Altoqueenkelly
02-08-2011, 07:27 PM

Nope, are you :confused3

Kfyr23
02-08-2011, 09:20 PM
Nope, are you :confused3

I am aiming for Christmas that way I wont be let down every month. LOL

Kfyr23
02-08-2011, 09:22 PM
Valentines Day will be a no-go for me as well this year. :upsidedow I dont mind so much as its fun to celebrate it with my daughter.... however... being the ONLY single girl at work SUCKS! haha.... Its like a freaking florist in there, all except for my desk!!!! :rotfl: Why do clients (I work at a bank) feel the need to constantly ask me where my "boyfriend/husband" is taking me to dinner... I look at em like they are crazy and say "whats a boyfriend/husband?" :rotfl:

Its kinda depressing sometimes, I have considered an "annoyomous" bouquet sent by "Prince Charming".... but then my wallet cries at the price gouging!!!

:rotfl: LOL :rotfl:

Flowers for Valentines day are so overrated why must you have a holiday just to send your love flowers. Its way more special to do so just because.

NJDiva
02-08-2011, 09:45 PM

I'm not even trying...

TexasDisneyBelle
02-08-2011, 09:54 PM
I'm watching The Biggest Loser and I just saw the Disney World commercial with the super bowl winner. First time I've seen it. Have you all seen it already?

Kfyr23
02-08-2011, 09:56 PM
I'm watching The Biggest Loser and I just saw the Disney World commercial with the super bowl winner. First time I've seen it. Have you all seen it already?

It has been on ESPN like every single commercial break today.

tlionheart78
02-08-2011, 10:08 PM

Every Valentine's Day, I'm asked what I plan on doing. My answer is the same then as it is now: my laundry...:sad2:

TexasDisneyBelle
02-08-2011, 11:07 PM
It has been on ESPN like every single commercial break today.

Ohhh. Ok. I don't normally watch ESPN so I guess I've missed it. Thanks :)

Kfyr23
02-08-2011, 11:19 PM
[QUOTE=TexasDisneyBelle;39885620]Ohhh. Ok. I don't normally watch ESPN so I guess I've missed it. Thanks :)[/QUOTE

Sorry if I sounded rude.

TexasDisneyBelle
02-09-2011, 09:01 AM
[QUOTE=TexasDisneyBelle;39885620]Ohhh. Ok. I don't normally watch ESPN so I guess I've missed it. Thanks :)[/QUOTE

Sorry if I sounded rude.

No worries. I didn't think you sounded rude at all. :cool2:

Altoqueenkelly
02-09-2011, 12:47 PM
Sorry if I sounded rude.
You ARE rude, JK.... :rotfl: You're just a brat ;)

Flowers for Valentines day are so overrated why must you have a holiday just to send your love flowers. Its way more special to do so just because.

Thats so true!! How come guys dont ever do that? I have never had a boyfriend send flowers just because!! If it isnt a holiday it's usually an "Im sorry."

I am aiming for Christmas that way I wont be let down every month. LOL
Awwww poor baby :upsidedow

I'm not even trying...

Ya, me either :confused3 lol

Whats the superbowl ;);) LOL

Kfyr23
02-09-2011, 01:58 PM
[QUOTE=Altoqueenkelly;39890623]You ARE rude, JK.... :rotfl: You're just a brat ;)

I am only a brat to you though.:lmao:

Thats so true!! How come guys dont ever do that? I have never had a boyfriend send flowers just because!! If it isnt a holiday it's usually an "Im sorry."

I do but yes the Im Sorry flowers are usually bigger and accompanied with Chocolate.

Mousecreant
02-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Flowers are only good for random acts of awesome when im in a relationship. for holidays ya gotta think outside the box for things that are personal and they will never forget. Last time when I was in a relationship I made a midnight picnic inside with candles lighting up the room and a video of a fire on the tv. :-P

Altoqueenkelly
02-09-2011, 03:07 PM
Flowers are only good for random acts of awesome when im in a relationship. for holidays ya gotta think outside the box for things that are personal and they will never forget. Last time when I was in a relationship I made a midnight picnic inside with candles lighting up the room and a video of a fire on the tv. :-P

Thats so sweet!!! I bet it was really appreciated, I am totally a romantic - probably a hopeless one :rotfl:.... Its great when a guy makes a real effort like that, shows that he really cares!!

Altoqueenkelly
02-09-2011, 03:11 PM
I am only a brat to you though.:lmao:

Oh really now? Iteresting... I am always so sweet to you :rolleyes2

I do but yes the Im Sorry flowers are usually bigger and accompanied with Chocolate.

You must have to send those a lot huh... ;);) So where are mine?

PS: Kyle, you suck at quotes... hahaha :rotfl:

Kfyr23
02-09-2011, 03:29 PM
Oh really now? Iteresting... I am always so sweet to you :rolleyes2

You must have to send those a lot huh... ;);) So where are mine?

PS: Kyle, you suck at quotes... hahaha :rotfl:

Yes I do I am trying to figure this all out. LOL

disneypryncess
02-09-2011, 03:35 PM

Very very very well put!!!
:thumbsup2

NJDiva
02-09-2011, 04:21 PM

wow...that sounds very nice, hope it was received well! :lovestruc

Mousecreant
02-09-2011, 04:59 PM
wow...that sounds very nice, hope it was received well! :lovestruc

It was, but she wasn't into the mouse and I can't be with someone like that! HAHA well that wasn't the reason why it didn't work out but Im still looking for that special lady that wants to take a Honeymoon to WDW.:hug:

NJDiva
02-09-2011, 05:08 PM
It was, but she wasn't into the mouse and I can't be with someone like that! HAHA well that wasn't the reason why it didn't work out but Im still looking for that special lady that wants to take a Honeymoon to WDW.:hug:

ok I need to know how someone isn't into the mouse!! she was dating a romantic guy that likes to have fun and loves Disney...who wouldn't want to date you?? :confused3

MICKEY88
02-09-2011, 06:29 PM

you've dated the wrong guys..

I refuse to fall into the holiday giving of flowers,

I give them when I choose to, usually it's a just because thing...

or if I happen to see really awesome roses, such as Lavendar, or Fire & Ice Roses, I'll buy them for the Lady in my life, because I believe that only she is worthy of such beautiful roses

Altoqueenkelly
02-09-2011, 06:45 PM

A Honeymoon? Im thinking more like the proposal, wedding, and honeymoon :lovestruc That means 3 trips!!! :lovestruc

ok I need to know how someone isn't into the mouse!! she was dating a romantic guy that likes to have fun and loves Disney...who wouldn't want to date you?? :confused3

Exactly! Romantic, fun and loves going to WDW.... sounds pretty great to me!

you've dated the wrong guys..

I refuse to fall into the holiday giving of flowers,

I give them when I choose to, usually it's a just because thing...

Absolutely, I agree. I have dated the wrong guys - and thats why I am single now!!! I wouldn't say flowers are ever expected but It surely is a nice gesture and I love getting them!!!

if I happen to see really awesome roses, such as Lavendar, or Fire & Ice Roses, I'll buy them for the Lady in my life, because I believe that only she is worthy of such beautiful roses

Your right! Thats super sweet. Something like this would be evident that your thinking of her and wanted to make her day, that in itself makes it more romantic than the run-of-the-mill oh its a holiday here is a bouquet of roses....

MICKEY88
02-09-2011, 06:51 PM
Your right! Thats super sweet. Something like this would be evident that your thinking of her and wanted to make her day, that in itself makes it more romantic than the run-of-the-mill oh its a holiday here is a bouquet of roses....

exactly when I give flowers the Lady in my life should know that it's because I wanted to, not because I felt obligated due to it being a holiday.

I like the element of surprise and making people smile,

I've been known to randomly walk into my office with a dozen roses and give a single rose to each of the ladies on my staff..

:cool1:

TexasDisneyBelle
02-09-2011, 07:05 PM
exactly when I give flowers the Lady in my life should know that it's because I wanted to, not because I felt obligated due to it being a holiday.

I've been known to randomly walk into my office with a dozen roses and give a single rose to each of the ladies on my staff..

I think that's really nice. It probably makes the day of some of those ladies! Small, unexpected things can mean the most just because they're unexpected. :love2:

Kfyr23
02-09-2011, 09:24 PM
I think that's really nice. It probably makes the day of some of those ladies! Small, unexpected things can mean the most just because they're unexpected. :love2:

It is always sweet in a relationship to leave little love notes around for each other to find and just do things that would not be expected just because.

Altoqueenkelly
02-09-2011, 09:35 PM
It is always sweet in a relationship to leave little love notes around for each other to find and just do things that would not be expected just because.

Awwww look at you, all super cute and sweet ;). Yes that is very romantic! Good work!!

Altoqueenkelly
02-09-2011, 09:37 PM

That is very thoughtful... can I be selfish and take the whole bouquet? haha just kidding. How do the male coworkers feel about this? Do they feel left out? Do we have to give out a beer alongside the roses? I think my male coworkers would appreciate that :rotfl:

TexasDisneyBelle
02-09-2011, 09:46 PM
That is very thoughtful... can I be selfish and take the whole bouquet? haha just kidding. How do the male coworkers feel about this? Do they feel left out? Do we have to give out a beer alongside the roses? I think my male coworkers would appreciate that :rotfl:

Hey! I didn't know you guys were giving out beer, too! Now I am asking for both a beer and a rose. :teeth:

tlionheart78
02-09-2011, 10:05 PM

Hey! I didn't know you guys were giving out beer, too! Now I am asking for both a beer and a rose. :teeth:

It always comes back to alcohol on this thread...:surfweb: :3

Kfyr23
02-09-2011, 10:06 PM
Awwww look at you, all super cute and sweet ;). Yes that is very romantic! Good work!!

Like you told me already I AM AWESOME:rotfl2:

NJDiva
02-09-2011, 10:09 PM
Like you told me already I AM AWESOME:rotfl2:

yes you are!!! :cheer2:

TexasDisneyBelle
02-09-2011, 10:13 PM
It always comes back to alcohol on this thread...:surfweb: :3

Well, if you don't want any, we can always make you designated driver. :car:

tlionheart78
02-09-2011, 10:14 PM

That's cool. I feel like that's my sworn duty, as I can't handle alcohol very well.:laughing:

Kfyr23
02-09-2011, 10:18 PM
Just drink on Disney property the bus drivers love dealing with the drunks.
That's cool. I feel like that's my sworn duty, as I can't handle alcohol very well.:laughing:

You need to drink more to build up your tolerance.

Altoqueenkelly
02-09-2011, 10:52 PM

A woman after my own heart!! We have the party and the DD..... Now we just need a babysitter :confused3

Just drink on Disney property the bus drivers love dealing with the drunks...You need to drink more to build up your tolerance.

Awww look at you, you double-quoted, I am so proud :rolleyes1

LOL, I always plan to stay on property so I can have a few drinks and it wont matter that i have my daughter with me cuz we dont have to drive. lmao.

MICKEY88
02-09-2011, 11:00 PM

I'll tell you what, you get a job in my office and I will give you a whole bouquet..:cool1:

as for the males in my office if any of them ever mention feeling left out, I will give them a rose also..:thumbsup2

I'm a Pyrate, pirate: I don't buy beer, I buy Rum. I don't share the Rum,with anyone but my fellow Pyrates. That excludes my male co-workers.

TexasDisneyBelle
02-09-2011, 11:07 PM
[QUOTE=Altoqueenkelly;39898125]A woman after my own heart!! We have the party and the DD..... Now we just need a babysitter :confused3

[QUOTE]

Yes. This spontaneous partying is taking a lot of planning. :laughing: