PDA

View Full Version : Travel Agent????

disgrajak
12-22-2010, 10:04 PM
Hi,
I am thinking about booking our first cruise and know zippo at this point. Does anyone use a travel agent that they love for best prices and information? I've used a couple in the past, but that was a long time ago and I'm curious if any of you have had any great experiences.

kcashner
12-22-2010, 10:18 PM
Yes, I have an agent and agency that I love. I've also booked with some that I don't love!

What I look for: An agent/agency with an 800 number that will talk to me before, during, and after the booking. One that will work the way I want to, whether that is e-mail, phone, or snail mail. One that is available more than 8-5, M-F (that's not when emergencies occur). One where most or all the agents have actually sailed on the Disney ships and have all taken the training that Disney offers to TAs. One that will book my air, insurance, etc thru DCL if I wish, but will offer me the same services and bookings independent of DCL. A "brick and boards" office rather than a collection of agents operating from home computers and blackberries....important because if MY agent isn't available, someone else can pull my file and help me.

Yes, my agent offers an onboard credit. However, the onboard credit is far less important than the tremendous service. The biggest credit may not give the biggest service.

No agent or agency can undercut any other with Disney. The prices are set, and they are what they are. Where you can get a "deal" is with any onboard credit or other "thanks for booking" gift they may offer.

Do remember that you are buying both the agency and the agent. Be sure you are happy with both.

disgrajak
12-22-2010, 10:21 PM
Would it be possible for you to PM me with the name of your agent/agency? I can think of a couple that sound like they have those qualifications. And I get your point about service. I booked with one agency for a trip to Disney that gave me a great price, but the service was nil.

ckiggins
12-23-2010, 07:17 AM
I, too have worked with an agent for my last three Disney trips - 2 to WDW and now our transatlantic DCL cruise. The agency ONLY does Disney.

The price on the cruise was the same as I could have booked myself online, but I like that they constantly monitor it and if the price goes down or you qualify for a new discount, they will take care of it for you. Plus I rely on them to get their recommendations on staterooms, pre-cruise accomodations in Barcelona, etc.

I'd be happy to pass on their info.

M4travels
12-23-2010, 08:18 AM
We, too, have used various agencies but we have settled with one agency for our cruising needs and that is Kingdom Magic Vacations (www.************vacations.com). We were referred to this agency by a friend back in 2006 or 2007 have used them exclusively since. We've met the owner of the company once while onboard and have become great friends. Our agent, Kim, is quick to respond to any question, both by e-mail and phone. If for some reason she is out of the office her e-mail gives us another contact in the company for emergency issues (gotta get that last minute booking in!!).

We are quite pleased with this agency and wholeheartedly recommend it!!

Michael