PDA

View Full Version : DDP Question for upcoming trip

Tinkerbell0614
12-22-2010, 10:18 AM
Hi fellow Disers! I was just wondering if Disney lets u pick how many days you would like to be on the dining plan. A friend of ours is curious because she really only wants 6 or 7 out of the 8 days she will be there because she is arriving late on her first day and doesnt want to have to pay for that day since she wont be able to get any use out of it. Thanks all and I hope I was clear enough sometime I dont make sense even to my DH! :rotfl:

bicker
12-22-2010, 10:26 AM
Sorry, but no. If you choose the Dining Plan, you're choosing to have it for the entire length of your hotel reservation.

Some folks try to make two (or three?) different hotel reservations, having the Dining Plan on one of them, and then hope that they're kept in the same room from one reservation to the next. That generally does work, but there is no guarantee.

It'sWDW4me
12-22-2010, 10:28 AM
The dining plan goes by number of nights, not days. A friend of mine even thought it went by the number of days on your park tickets - nope. So, if you stay 7 nights with the regular dining plan added, you'll have 7 counter service (CS), 7 table service (TS) and 7 snack credits to use. Hope this helps.

vicki_c
12-22-2010, 10:32 AM
You can tell your friend that the dining credits don't expire until midnight of her check-out day. So even those credits from night #1 that she feels she can't use due to a late arrival can be used at the end of the trip (make sure she understands that the credits for each night don't have to be used on that particular day - they can be mixed and matched however you want until midnight of checkout day). Or you can simply book a 2 credit restaurant to use up an extra credit.

It'sWDW4me
12-22-2010, 10:36 AM
already covered in above post

TDC Nala
12-22-2010, 11:13 AM
Unless you make two separate room reservations, there is no way to get DDP for part of your stay. It must be added for each night you book in the resort. And you do receive credits based on how many NIGHTS you stay, not how many days.