PDA

View Full Version : How do I book Palo for a party of 9

starwood
12-22-2010, 06:07 AM
We are doing the 8/9 Alaska cruise and are traveling with a party of 9. I want to book Palo brunch (because I'm gold and the rest are Silver or first time cruisers). Can I book for everyone? Our reservations are all linked so we can dine together.

Melcatfish
12-22-2010, 07:43 AM
Palo will only accomodate larger groups in the private dining room. Otherwise they offer tables of two or four. I did see a group f 6 together but I guess maybe they booked two reservations and then when they arrived they asked to sit together...

Hope someone else can shed more light.

Mel
x

sayhello
12-22-2010, 01:14 PM
I would contact DCL and see if they have any availability in the private dining room. We did that (booked a large group in the private dining room for brunch) and it was quite enjoyable.

The other thing you can do is book separate ressies online in groups of 4 or less, and see if they'll seat you near to each other when you get there. I'd do that anyways, as you won't know until pretty close to the cruise if you got the private room or not. If you don't, you'll have a backup. If you *do* get the private room, you'll lose your personal reservations you booked online.

Sayhello

kcashner
12-22-2010, 06:31 PM
The private dining room can be reserved for groups of 12. They won't let you reserve it for fewer than that. As above, make a reservation for each party in groups of 2, 3, or 4 (to get your 9). Then call Palo or go to the reservations desk on the first day and make them aware that you are a group of 9 and would like to be near each other. they'll work with you, and might even let you use the private room IF it hasn't been taken by a group of 12. That, however, would be their call after boarding; they will not let you do it in advance for fewer than 12.

starwood
12-23-2010, 08:39 AM
Can I make the reservations for everyone or will I be limited to 4? I can make the ressies alot earlier than everyone else.

ducky_love
12-23-2010, 09:51 AM
When we were with a large group we went the first day to Wavebands and asked if they could get our group of 8 in the private room. They booked it with no trouble and none of us had reservations prior.

I wonder if you can book it in advance? If you call DCL would you let us know?

5lilfish
12-23-2010, 10:05 AM
We've always booked each party in their own table of 2 or 4. Then we go to Wavebands on the first day and ask that we are all seated together. They've always connected the tables (in the actual dining room) so that we were at one big table. We did do the private room once and that was nice too.

Jess

Georgia3
12-25-2010, 12:12 PM
We have a reservation for 9 in 9 days. I contacted DCL making a request for the private room. They were not able to give us the room since it is a 12 person minimum. They did reserve a table for 4 and a table for 6 and will move them together on the night we wanted. It was very accomadating - I even had to change the reservation due to Pirates night being changed.

Inkmahm
12-25-2010, 02:19 PM
Can I make the reservations for everyone or will I be limited to 4? I can make the ressies alot earlier than everyone else.

You won't be able to make the reservation early for the silver members. I tried to do this on our cruise in Dec for my inlaws. We are silver (now gold) and they were first time cruisers. I had to book their Palo reservation when their timeframe came up and then when we got to the ship, I went to the lounge the first day to move their reservation to our day and to ask for a table of 4 instead of the table for two DH and I had. I had NO problem doing this at all.

Book everyone separately and then ask to have them moved to be together when you get on the ship.

kcashner
12-25-2010, 04:30 PM
When we were with a large group we went the first day to Wavebands and asked if they could get our group of 8 in the private room. They booked it with no trouble and none of us had reservations prior.

I wonder if you can book it in advance? If you call DCL would you let us know?

In advance, they require a group of 12 to get the private dining room. After boarding, they will give it to a smaller group if it is still available.

So, it is totally possible that they will move OP's reservations to the private dining room, but not till after boarding.