PDA

View Full Version : We are getting so excited!

Teresa Pitman
12-21-2010, 09:30 AM
We're doing the Dream at the very end of February and it's practically all we can talk about! My whole family is going: me, my four adult kids, plus my one son's girlfriend and my other son's wife and my four grandkids. That's eleven of us in three cabins.

The kids know about the cruise, but we haven't told them that we're doing five days in WDW first, finishing up with all the adults (except my DIL who is going to watch the kids) running the 5K race, and then the kids running in the shorter kids' races (even the one-year-old!).

Anyway, we're all just really excited. This is our first cruise, so any tips would be much appreciated.

Teresa

Mmketeer
12-21-2010, 02:46 PM
Congrats! Wow are you in for a treat. You will be addicted to cruising once this is all over with and the only downside to cruising Disney first is from now on you'll be comparing all other cruiselines back to DCL. :)

kcashner
12-21-2010, 02:50 PM
Enjoy...remember to relax. You can't do it all on one cruise.

There are many threads on the boards about tips for first timers.

With 11 of you, how do you plan to get from WDW to the port? You can get a limo/towncar/van service for FAR cheaper than DCL transfers for 10, and you'll be on your own time schedule that way. On the way back to the airport, the onboard check in (if you are on a participating airline) would make it worth the cost of the transfers as I wouldn't have to deal with both the kids and the luggage!