PDA

View Full Version : Places an "adult" CAN'T order off the childs menu on DDP?

Fabooliss
12-21-2010, 09:48 AM
We are considering upgrading our 9 1/2 year old to an adult ticket to have her eligible for adult meals. We just went through the allears menus and most places she is thrilled about this idea. However, some places she would rather have the kids meal (mostly because of the "fancy" sides).
Anyone experience anywhere (TS or CS) that wouldn't let her order off the child's menu with an adult credit?

NMW
12-21-2010, 11:15 AM
I have friends that went to Flying Fish 2 years ago with the deluxe dining plan and they wouldn't let her son order off the kids menu, but did offer to alter (remove sauces, change sides) to any dish on the adult menu. They were fine with that.

This is the only person that has ever told me that, so it may have just been that CM. I really don't know. My kids always ordered off the adult menu there, when I paid for them as adults, of course. :goodvibes

2Tiggies
12-21-2010, 01:53 PM
Le Cellier is another one I recall someone being told they could not order off the kids menu. Often however, it is also down to who the server (and the manager is on the night) so you can't just assume that because one person was denied the choice, that it is policy.

I doubt you would have any issues at a CS restaurant though.

jlm
12-22-2010, 02:58 PM
We just had this last week with my very picky dd11. When asked if we could order off the kids menu-they would give her an 'adult portion' of the child's menu choice.....so we were still charged adult menu price. It worked fine-then she would get the adult dessert which she liked ;)

jerlove
12-22-2010, 03:06 PM
We just had this last week with my very picky dd11. When asked if we could order off the kids menu-they would give her an 'adult portion' of the child's menu choice.....so we were still charged adult menu price. It worked fine-then she would get the adult dessert which she liked ;)

Also had the same experience at Kona. My oldest wanted the Mickey Ravoli and the fantastic server we had, and I mean fantastic, just got him an adult sized portion of it. He loved and was still able to get his Kona cone.

cccdisney
12-22-2010, 03:18 PM
We were at Tutto Italia in November and they DID NOT let my 12 yo dd order off the child's menu. We didn't even want a bigger portion - she would have been happy with the smaller portion.
They also wouldn't let her order a child's appetizer (which came w/ the DDP when doing the CP Package) so we ordered the most expensive adult appetizer for her and it wasn't touched - what a waste!! :sick:
Oh - and it was her birthday that day. She was actually in tears because there wasn't a thing on the adult menu that she wanted. The staff could have cared less. :eek:
BTW, we were there for 10 days and that was the only restaurant we had issues with. :thumbsup2

IBelieveInTheMagic
12-22-2010, 03:55 PM
I wasn't able to order a child's meal at The Plaza and I've heard others have been denied here as well. I wanted the smaller portion and explained it to our server and she explained I'd have to order the adult priced meal and therefore a bigger meal. This has been the only place that would not allow us to order from the kids menu, by the way.

Heather

Deb & Bill
12-29-2010, 01:46 PM
When we were on the dining plan, my 12 yr old son wanted to get a kid's choice at Typhoon Lagoon. They wouldn't let him order off the kid's selections.

TDC Nala
12-29-2010, 02:13 PM
From what I have seen, you can go to a restaurant one day, make your order, ask to have adults order off the kids menu and it will be allowed, and the next day it is possible to go back to the same restaurant, order the same items, make the same request, and have it denied.

HottyToddy10
12-30-2010, 11:38 PM
Hubby is a REALLY picky eater. Until I came along, the only sides he would eat were easy mac (no other kind of mac and cheese), purple hull peas, and creamed corn.

He still will not eat any sauces.

In many of the restaurants we went to, they allowed him to substitute sides or request no sauces.

They let him get a "kids sundae" for his dessert at most places and Mickey Mac 'n' Cheese.