PDA

View Full Version : SOS Which AllStar

FreezingRose
12-20-2010, 10:52 AM
Hi there
My DH just surprised us with soon-to-be-bought tickets to WDW, love and hate him at the same time. I now need to book it today to take advantage of the free dining plan. We'll stay at AllStar resort but which one? Please let me know.

Nik's Mom
12-20-2010, 10:56 AM
I've never stayed at the All Stars. But from doing research for my own trip, I think it depends on your personal preference. Kids who like the Disney movies would probably love to stay at ASM. If you want a more relaxed resort, then AS Music. AS Sports would be perfect for sports fans.

brooke1
12-20-2010, 10:57 AM
Well I prefer POP, but if you want the All Stars, stay in either Music or Sports.

I have been hearing alot that Movies need a major re-furb.

Brooke:goodvibes

photo_chick
12-20-2010, 10:58 AM
We stayed at music last time and loved it. But they all seem about the same room wise. My kids liked the location because we were in the middle and could walk to the other two and see the buildings, pools, etc.

And contrary to what I've read on the boards, we had our own bus most of the time. I think the crowds had a lot to do with that though.

FreezingRose
12-20-2010, 11:09 AM
I've been reading and it confused me even more:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:. We stayed at CB last year but cannot afford to have two families staying there again. So, it's between Sport and Music then 'cause my kids love both. I was about to choose Sport because it's the first in line for the bus. Gosh, we'll go in two months and it stresses me out.

Chickkypoo
12-20-2010, 04:28 PM
I prefer All Star Music as it seems to be a lot quieter than the other resorts. :goodvibes

sunsetbeachgal
12-20-2010, 07:30 PM
Really enjoyed Music.

julirina
12-20-2010, 10:30 PM
I'm pretty sure you can change resorts without penalties after you book, as long as there are rooms available. So if you settled on Sports and decide later that you'd prefer Music, you can just call and see if they can switch your reservation.

In any case, you must have made your decision by now...so what did you pick? popcorn::

minnierocks
12-21-2010, 07:16 AM
My vote goes for All Star Music! It seemed a little more relaxed and quieter than the others. And as for buses, the only time that we shared a bus was when we went back to the room earlier in the day. At park openings and closings, we always had a separate bus for just ASMu. The wait time was very short compared to our wait for buses to/from POP.

WDWisTheBest
12-21-2010, 08:22 AM
My vote goes for All Star Music! It seemed a little more relaxed and quieter than the others. And as for buses, the only time that we shared a bus was when we went back to the room earlier in the day. At park openings and closings, we always had a separate bus for just ASMu. The wait time was very short compared to our wait for buses to/from POP.

I agree with this suggestion.

OKWNutt
12-21-2010, 08:29 AM
For an all adult all-star trip I think Music is the best:
1) Theming, while still over the top, does not appeal as much to young children as the other AS resorts - hence less families more adults.
2) the layout provides for a quieter area in the rear of the resort (country fair area). Yes a long walk to food and busses, but a much more relaxed and quiet experience.
3) can't beat the piano pool - may be the best quiet pool at DW.
I've been to ASM 3 times and really enjoyed it.

FreezingRose
12-22-2010, 07:53 PM
Music it is :goodvibes. Now between travelings to grandparents I have to plan dining reservations, airline tickets, packing list, park strategies, etc...I need to split myself into 7 :worship::worship:

willowsnn3
12-25-2010, 09:34 AM
We just got back from 3 nights at Music. Stayed in the Country Fair #5 building. The ends of the earth.....far from parking, far from main building, grounds in that area not very well kept up, always dodging the cm's on those motorized vehicles (driving pretty fast, one right after another). Never again. No Disney feel at all to me. Now after saying all that, the room was very clean, didn't look worn, housekeeping was impeccable & prompt when we called for more towels for the pool. POP is the only value for me.

julirina
12-25-2010, 08:56 PM
We just got back from 3 nights at Music. Stayed in the Country Fair #5 building. The ends of the earth.....far from parking, far from main building, grounds in that area not very well kept up, always dodging the cm's on those motorized vehicles (driving pretty fast, one right after another). Never again. No Disney feel at all to me. Now after saying all that, the room was very clean, didn't look worn, housekeeping was impeccable & prompt when we called for more towels for the pool. POP is the only value for me.

That's interesting...we stayed in Country Fair #6 when we were there in 2008 and loved it. We thought it very secluded and quiet and we appreciated getting away from the noisy pool areas and more crowded public walkways. It was a hike, I won't deny that. But we went to WDW prepared to walk and we were careful to have everything we needed from either the room or the main bldg before we walked off in the other direction so as to minimize trips back and forth (a bit of a challenge for a scatterbrain like me). We never encountered golf cart danger, though -- that might have made me nervous.

We'll be in a family suite next trip and I'm actually a little worried about being in such a populated area -- we'd much prefer a more outlying building if a suite were available in it.

sunsetbeachgal
12-26-2010, 07:36 AM
JUlirina,

The family suites are in the front buildings, closest to the lobby. We were in the Calypso building, and there was never any crowded feeling or any congestion. You cuold ask to be in one facing back towards the woods.

dxander
12-26-2010, 05:41 PM
My family and I stayed at Music in April and we absolutely loved it!

willowsnn3
12-26-2010, 06:15 PM
That's interesting...we stayed in Country Fair #6 when we were there in 2008 and loved it. We thought it very secluded and quiet and we appreciated getting away from the noisy pool areas and more crowded public walkways. It was a hike, I won't deny that. But we went to WDW prepared to walk and we were careful to have everything we needed from either the room or the main bldg before we walked off in the other direction so as to minimize trips back and forth (a bit of a challenge for a scatterbrain like me). We never encountered golf cart danger, though -- that might have made me nervous.

We'll be in a family suite next trip and I'm actually a little worried about being in such a populated area -- we'd much prefer a more outlying building if a suite were available in it.

Building 6 would have been a slightly closer to the parking area, lol. We're walkers too & it only takes one trip when unloading the car & we only visited the main building once after checkin & that was when we went to the main pool & had lunch at the food court. We drove that time tho cause even tho it was warm enough to swim it was kinda windy & we didn't want to have a long, chilly walk back to the room. The piano pool was real close & walkable & the water was warmer there too.