PDA

View Full Version : Best bang for the buck for 1 QSDP meal credit?

Quacker1964
12-19-2010, 10:50 AM
I'm sure someone has tried this just to see how much value they could get. What could one credit buy in terms of an entree, dessert and drink in monetary value - and where?

I'd presume it would have to be onsite at a park (park prices being higher than resort and DTD etc,)

I do refer to QSDP and not the signature restaurants lol:thumbsup2

Nadjalu
12-19-2010, 03:51 PM
In terms of a CS meal that is more expensive than others, Cosmic Rays rib/chicken combo meal is one.

Another place would be at DTD at WPE. There you order like a CS but the food is brought to you, your drinks refilled for you and the food is a bit "better" than the typical CS.

DonaldTDuck
12-19-2010, 10:56 PM
Fairfax Faire at DHS has a very similar meal to Cosmic Ray's and since there is little else worth eating at DHS cs, I like to eat that meal there. Then at MK I go to CHH.

AlternateEgo
12-19-2010, 11:04 PM
We loved Columbia Harbor House in MK and a Yak n Yeti in AK. I don't know the price for the bang, but both were very good meals and that's valued more than the price, to me.

MNTwinsMom
12-20-2010, 12:04 AM
We just returned from 5 days on the QSDP. Our most expensive meal was at the EPCOT Mexico counter-service restaurant. Tacos, a soda and churros for dessert would have been $17.

Our favorite meals on the QSDP were the EPCOT Mexcio tacos I referred to above, Earl of Sandwich and dinners at Captain Cook's at the Polynesian.

We figured out right away that the Counter Service restaurants at the Deluxe resorts are better than the other resorts with "food courts". At the food courts the food is usually made up already, where at the Deluxe resorts it is made to order. This makes a HUGE difference. We enjoyed the flatbread pizzas and Ceaser Salads at the Polynesian and Contemporary counter service locations. As an added bonus, at Captain Cooks' you can get Dole Whip as your dessert! :cool1:

For snacks we especially enjoyed cinnamon rolls at the Main Street Bakery - warm out of the oven and big enough for 2 people!

kayrosek
12-20-2010, 12:18 AM
I know there was a list on here somewhere, but I definatley think WPE would be near the top of it. Several of thier dinner entrees are around $15.

hsmamato2
12-20-2010, 05:19 AM
I 2nd the Epcot Mexican QS- we love the mexican sodas and yummy dessert pops there.....

dixonsontour
12-20-2010, 05:21 AM
Having done 14 days of DDP in october our most expensive was WPE at DTD.

The salmon entree is $17, dessert $5 plus drink. The pasta and meatloaf entrees are around the $15 mark. The actual wolfgang puck website carries a full menu with prices.

Faldred
12-20-2010, 07:03 AM
I believe the standard answers run along the lines of:

Wolfgang Puck Express (DTD)
Pepper Market (CSR)
Cosmic Ray's (MK)
Flame Tree BBQ (AK)
Sunshine Seasons (Epcot)
Marrakesh (Epcot)

figment_jii
12-20-2010, 05:02 PM
I don't have the dollar amount in hand, but I also think there was a pretty good value at the Kringal (Norway). You get a sandwich, salad/fruit cup, regular drink, and pastry.

bookwormde
12-24-2010, 04:19 PM
Rib eye at Coronodo Springs, Pepper Market is the best I ever did, I think with drink/steak and desert it would have been like $30+. I do not think it is still offered.

bookwormde

3Minnies1Mickey
12-24-2010, 04:35 PM
I know there was a list on here somewhere, but I definatley think WPE would be near the top of it. Several of thier dinner entrees are around $15.

http://personalpages.tds.net/~rb/DIS/MYW%20Dining/2010/DisneyDiningRanking2010.htm
(I don't remember who on the DIS put this together, I just have it booked market in my computer)

Based on cost of an average priced meal its WGPE at $20.46, followed by Pepper market at $19.81.

If you choose the most expensive entree its WGPE at $25.99, followed again by Pepper Market at $24.87.

GovieMom
12-24-2010, 05:00 PM
Based on cost of an average priced meal its WGPE at $20.46, followed by Pepper market at $19.81.

If you choose the most expensive entree its WGPE at $25.99, followed again by Pepper Market at $24.87.

Yep, these two are tops ... both in price and food selection.