PDA

View Full Version : Disney Pictures are In - 11/12/1 - WP/Italy Isola

AshleyM202
12-16-2010, 05:18 PM
Hi everyone!

I've been a Dis Board stalker to plan my Disney Wedding and just wanted to say thank you for all the pictures and advice! I never had time to do a PJ so I thought the least I could do is to post my pics and write a few quick reviews...hopefully this helps future brides!

Planner - Michelle Wenzler - A+ - I had to switch planners half way through the planning process and let me tell you that it was a night and day difference with Michelle! She was super helpful and patient with my questions and any requests I made she did her best to fulfill. There were only a few things wrong during my ceremony (my runner was backwards...monogram was supposed to be by the stairs) and reception (minor seating chart error and cake was missing black ribbon underneath the rhinestone ribbon) but most of those were due to my own lack of clear communication so I can't really blame her.

Hair & Makeup - Beaute Special - Laine Smart - A+ - Laine was amazing! She did my trial run, wedding day and castle photo shot hair and makeup. I was totally worried that she wouldn't be able to do what I wanted but she nailed it and I couldn't be happier. She was so go with the flow and I even had to make a last minute request and she totally squeezed my late addition in. Totally AMAZING!

Floral - Laura Kidd - A+ - I think my flowers speak for themselves. I was soooo worried about them because we weren't able to see a mock up before hand but it was better than I ever imagined!

Photography - Amy - A+ - I loved my wedding pictures...Amy did an amazing job and I couldn't be happier.

Photography - Castle Shoot - C - This was the only part of the entire wedding process that I wasn't totally thrilled with. Our photographer was Mike and Chris was assisting. Eric and I were picked up at the GF at 5:45AM and had to squeeze into the back seat of a tiny SUV while Chris sat in the front seat with plenty of leg room (mind you my dress was 100% silk satin and I paid to have my dress pressed the night before...so much for that!). Once we got to the park and got out I quickly realized how wet everything is. I totally forgot that workers spray everything down with water every night. So just be prepared to have a soaking wet dress by the end of the shoot. So Eric and I get into position to start taking photos and Chris is of no help at all...I had to ask him to hang on to my flowers while I tried to salvage my dress from getting soaked and he never helped adjust my train during pictures either I had to bend over to try to adjust it or Eric had to! I was also a bit disappointed with Mike's originality and would have preferred Amy. Overall, our photos turned out okay but not what I hoped for. I think I would still do it again but I would insist that I have Amy as my photographer.

Carolyn Allens - A+ - I ended up shipping my dress and that was the best decision ever. They called me when it arrived and delivered it to my room on my wedding day and they did an amazing job (I was a bit concerned because my dress had some intricate detailing but they were great)! I also had them come back to my room to repress it the next day before my castle shoot and once again, very professional and on time (and I was a bit late...but they didn't make a big deal out of it) and I didn't even know they were in my room.

Overall, Eric and I had a magical day and couldn't be happier that we decided to get married at Walt Disney World (despite all the drama and criticism that went with it). If I had to do it all over again, I would in a heartbeat. We wanted a wedding that everyone would remember and say “WOW” and I am pretty sure we accomplished that. If you have any questions just let me know….I would love to help any future Disney Brides!

Happy Planning!

Ashley
princess:

collages.net/disneyweddings
Username: Mack / Cluppert Wedding
Password: 1971

pixie921
12-16-2010, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the reviews. Sounds like everything was wonderful except the MK shoot, and I'm sorry to hear that the photographers were so unaccommodating. I do appreciate the tip about the wet dress though!

And thank you for sharing your pictures ... they are just beautiful! :goodvibes

schallerb
12-16-2010, 07:10 PM
Hi, thanks for sharing your pics, they are very pretty. I'm sorry about your photo shoot experience, but honestly, I LOVE the pics. They are some of my favorites I've ever seen. Beautiful!!! congrats!

DisneyShamrock
12-16-2010, 07:41 PM
I'm sorry the photographers weren't what you expected. But, I must agree, your photos turned out just beautiful. :goodvibes

evey82
12-20-2010, 06:58 AM
Hi thanks for the review. Your pics are totally stunning and i love the bridal park pics , i think they turned out really well x

Stephie77
12-22-2010, 08:44 AM
Your pictures look beautiful. It seems that everything for the most part worked out wonderful on your wedding day. Sorry the MK shoot wasn't what you expected. But the pictures still look beautiful. The more I see Amy's work, the more I am so pleased she is doing my anniversary shoot. Will you be doing a TR?

Nichole33
12-22-2010, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the tip! I have to agree though, your photos are amazing!!

Did you get your rose petals for the WP through Disney or an outside vendor? I love the coverage with the aisle runner!! Do you know how many pounds/cups/etc. it was?

AshleyM202
12-28-2010, 08:55 AM
I had asked for $200 in flower petals and I specifically told my florist that I wanted the petals spread out and to cover as much of the carpet as possible. I was really happy with the way it looked. I think it is key to be as specific as possible even if you feel kind of stupid asking you planner to put it into your BEO or floral budget.

AshleyM202
12-28-2010, 08:56 AM
Ohhhh and I forgot...Disney did all of my flowers

Nichole33
12-28-2010, 01:34 PM
I had asked for $200 in flower petals and I specifically told my florist that I wanted the petals spread out and to cover as much of the carpet as possible. I was really happy with the way it looked. I think it is key to be as specific as possible even if you feel kind of stupid asking you planner to put it into your BEO or floral budget.

Ohhhh and I forgot...Disney did all of my flowers

Thanks so much!!

Dr.Cinderella
12-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Congrats Ashley! Your wedding was just stunning! I love all your flowers too! Do you mind sharing how much your alter arrangement and the 2 standing arrangements were in the WP? Thanks!

AshleyM202
12-29-2010, 09:13 AM
Two weeks before the wedding I went back and forth on the unity arrangement and candelabras because they were a little pricey. I am really happy that I decided to keep them despite the hefty price tag.

Unity arrangement of black magic roses, spray roses and greenery. No trailing greenery = $250

Two 5' silver candelabras with crystal bobeche and chain garlands. (RENTAL) = $80

Two Round and full arrangements of black magc roses and greenery. Place on the candelabras = $450

pixie921
12-29-2010, 06:08 PM
Ashley, I was showing your photos to my dh because we want to use Italy for our VR next year, and I have a question for you. In one of your reception photos, it looks like there's a tent set up at Isola West! Do you remember if that was really what was there?

AshleyM202
12-31-2010, 10:08 PM
They did have a small tent set up where they cut the cake and prepared the food before serving it....let me know if you have any other questions!

pixie921
12-31-2010, 10:36 PM
They did have a small tent set up where they cut the cake and prepared the food before serving it....let me know if you have any other questions!

Got it. :thumbsup2 I wasn't sure if it was used for that or if there was another group placed next to you. Thanks!