PDA

View Full Version : What if..

justakrazymom
12-13-2010, 11:30 AM
So I've read lots of complaints about meals. Got me thinking.. for those on the DDP... if your really unhappy with your meal, do you complain and get your credits back or something else? If I went to a restaurant and had a horrible meal I would want some compensation from the restaurant whether I paid OOP or DDP..

Nadjalu
12-13-2010, 01:15 PM
We get the DDP and love it. That said, if the food is bad yes I would complain. But I have to be honest, I don't think there is as many problems as you are reading about.
Food and dining are subjective. If you know what you like, pick a place that has a menu you like and 99% of the time you WON'T have an issue.

So back to your question. I have heard of serious issues with some meals and sometimes they are given their credits back, but it isn't a given.
It depends on what is wrong with your food, and on how you act about it.

But for the most part it isn't that big a deal IMO.

justakrazymom
12-13-2010, 01:30 PM
Honestly I am not real worried.. I can remember dieing to try Le Cellier 10 years ago and being utterly disappointed... and can remember being told one place we had PS to was horrible and we loved it..lol..so I hazard to guess that sometimes it's luck of the draw ..even that long before DDP...

hollyd99
12-13-2010, 01:45 PM
Very true. People rave about Ohana and I hated it! And I didn't think that the Poly was that nice (but I went to the real Poly, aka Oahu and am clearly spoiled! :love:).

But to each their own!

cymbaldiva
12-16-2010, 05:27 AM
So I've read lots of complaints about meals. Got me thinking.. for those on the DDP... if your really unhappy with your meal, do you complain and get your credits back or something else? If I went to a restaurant and had a horrible meal I would want some compensation from the restaurant whether I paid OOP or DDP..

I would think it would depend on why you were unhappy.

If you made a poor choice and were not happy with your choice - EX my bff ordered the meatloaf at 50's Prime Time and she did not like it: it wasn't the restaurant's fault, she just didn't care for it. She didn't send it back nor did she ask for "compensation" ....it was her choice; she handled it beautifully.

Now if something was truly WRONG with the food - burnt, hairs in it, truly bad cut of meat- and I mean really bad...? Different story of course.

I guess it depends on your definition of horrible meal, your definition of compensation, and what you are comfortable with doing. I'm sure wherever you dine truly does want you to have a nice meal and a good experience ~ bear that in mind when you are considering asking for compensation.

Jusy my .02 :hippie:

DaniB
12-16-2010, 06:29 AM
if your really unhappy with your meal, do you complain and get your credits back or something else? If I went to a restaurant and had a horrible meal I would want some compensation from the restaurant whether I paid OOP or DDP..

I would think it would depend on why you were unhappy.

Now if something was truly WRONG with the food - burnt, hairs in it, truly bad cut of meat- and I mean really bad...? Different story of course.

I agree with this. Someone who does not like the food they ordered, well sorry but I do not see a reason to complain. Assuming the food is perfectly fine but just not to your taste - that to me is no reason.

We were there for 9 nights and thought the meals were very tasty. We did have one issue however when I discovered my daughter ate an undercooked burger! :eek: My son was eating the same thing but only had a few bites. I grabbed his away to give back to the cook and ask for nuggets instead. I was pretty upset and worried for the next few days. When we "paid", they did not charge us for the 2 kids (1 child, 1 adult) meals.

justakrazymom
12-16-2010, 07:20 AM
I am pretty much the last one to complain. As an ex family restaurant waitress i know the food biz a little. Things would have to be really bad for me to complain..like raw food...lol

We just not sure if because people are on the free DDP if they woul dbe looked at like.."outta luck".

dixonsontour
12-16-2010, 09:02 AM
We didn't have to use DDP credits at coral reef.

The server was horrible - so rude. My DH spoke to the manager (only time in his life he has done this - server was that bad). The manager asked if we had had any extras ie alcoholic drinks, we hadn't then she said we would not need to pay the 3 TS credits.